Do you hide your yaoi addiction?

animegirl

All of my friends watch yaoi(my fault) even the male ones :)

My family pretty much knows everything XD i tell them what i watched when what happened and annoy my grandma and mom to no end but they think its fine that i watch it(i pretty much grew up around my moms best friend who's gay and thought him and his bf were so cute even when i was young, they've been together so long now like 8 years i think)

I rant to my dad all the time,its normal to him :D

teachers too saw my phone full of boyxboy images and videos

no one finds it weird tbh :D

That's amazing!! you have a lucky life I think. :)

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JuJu

• yaoi-fangirl01

• jamieboy

• didz015

I'm open about it in the sense that if someone asked me if I liked yaoi I'd just tell them the truth, but I don't go around telling people about it for no reason. Some of my friends know and they're fine although we don't talk about it much since no one else is as interested as me.

My family knows nothing and I hope it stays that way forever but I still wouldn't lie about it if they asked me. I'd just play it down a bit so they wouldn't know the extent of it.

I definitely hide my yaoi addiction. I'm not sure how my parents and my brother would react if I just suddenly told them about it. I think they would just pretend they never heard it. I also hide it from all of my friends except for one. Most of my friends are church goers and one is homophobic so I'm not sure they would be too thrilled if I were to tell them this. The one friend I have told is not religious and she was actually the one to first introduce me to yaoi when she showed me an episode of Gravitation:hamtaro-005 (12):

All of my friends watch yaoi(my fault) even the male ones :)

My family pretty much knows everything XD i tell them what i watched when what happened and annoy my grandma and mom to no end but they think its fine that i watch it(i pretty much grew up around my moms best friend who's gay and thought him and his bf were so cute even when i was young, they've been together so long now like 8 years i think)

I rant to my dad all the time,its normal to him :D

teachers too saw my phone full of boyxboy images and videos

no one finds it weird tbh :D

OMG!!!! You are so lucky!!! I wish I could be like you. Though my parents are open to homosexuality, I think some of my friends may become very uncomfortable if I try to get them read or watch yaoi with me :p

Yes, I do...I never told anyone about my Yaoi addiction,I ever once confess to my neighbor if I like to watch BL drama. But she doesn't give much comment, so I think if people don't know about my addiction that better & never want to say it out loud too. Cause it's really troublesome to explain it to someone who never understood about our hobbies...

But if they accidentally know it & asking me why?

I'll gave them my Yaoi Collection & let them read/watch itself, then I asked them how they feel after they watching/reading it?

If they like it, that's mean I spread Yaoi Addiction to the world but if they don't like it I would forbid them to scorn/hate my Yaoi Addiction just ignore me then.... cause I don't make a great sin, so I don't have to feel ashamed.

My hubby knows about it but I try to keep it to myself--after all I need my privacy. My friends & parents do not know about it. My sister and cousin's ok with it. I did not know Yaoi anime and movies existed until 2011. A rather late discovery but I am a Yaoi fan and lovin' it! :D

I hid it for awhile but i started telling my friends there like wow your pretty perverted lol but they don't mind i got my friend into it and now i have someone to talk to about yaoi.

yes, i do. or actually i'm trýing to hide it. i won't tell my parents or other family, just because i'm kind of ashamed xD but they know i just like gay guys, that i have respect for them, but i'll never show them my yaoi drawings or pics at my computer :'D a few friends of me know my addiction, just because i couldn't hide it anymore xD i showed a friend the end of bibou no detail (takumi-kun 3) but i wish i'd never do that :']

@xCuppycake

What was his reaction??? Was he disgusted? :leaf8:

Hm.. some of my friends know it but only one is tolerant and open for homosexuality. My boyfriend is very stressed out of me watching BL-movies. But he had to accept it leaf1

It´s my passion... leaf2

I hide my yaoi addiction as none of my friends / family members are into yaoi ( unless, they are hiding it like me??? ), and I cannot imagine telling them about it either. They will blow the top or start to think that I am strange, esp my family since they are the more traditional kind of people.

Thus forums like these where I get to meet and see how other love yaoi in their own way is very very important to me...

Envy those whose close ones know about their likes!

Well only certain close friends of mines know's my addiction of Yaoi *O* Mostly my manga classmate friends & majority of them are female (like 3 of them) and only one/two male. A lot of them are tolerant seeing as the girls also read yaoi & the boy is a very close friend of mine so he doesn't judge me or anything :) He just smiles, rolls his eyes, then say "Smh Jessie" :3 And the other boy is also another close friend, he just laughs and ask me what manga I'm reading. But my parents are very against, lets say same gender romance, so I don't tell them any of this ^^" Maybe one day I will ~

haha it was a girl :"D she doesn't like it, but she accepts it, she's a good friend of me wich also has her own strange obsessions so i actually didn't care at all how that she thinks about it. hehe. lol i must say that i understand your boy friend, would you like it when he says he's obsessed with two girls together:hamtaro-005 (8):

ahhh... My sis and I (that is my older sis)...

We're stuck together like beans in a pod whenever we talk about yaoi...

We're the only ones who knows it.. but my bro (younger than me)...

I get the feeling that he knows about it...Sneaky little brother!

Hmmm... My friends in s, calls me a pervert coz I know about these stuff... (So mean!)

But honestly.. I don't know enough...

And now that I'm in college... Only a select number of friends know about these...

They're really not my close friends...

Coz... y very close friends don't like anime...(ToT)

They don't understand me at all... WAHHH!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for a place... to hide my soon to be new books.. I really really want to maintain some Yaois.. and re-read them and stuff..:p

Anyone has any suggestions.. ? [yes, i prefer not to tell my parents, if you get what I mean :3]

My mom know about it...because she read my story and thats story is YAOI.. and several friend are also know about it...and again because story....

but I am not too much open becausee welll people think its weird...but actually I love to shared about it...even i also scared

of course i would never tell my mom about loving yaoi, reading yaoi, writing yaoi atc.

but i tolled my frinds everything and they don't really care so yeah :hamtaro-005 (4):

Do you hide your yaoi addiction?

I mean does anyone in your family or your friends know that you love yaoi?

For me I absolutely hide it! I've never told it to anyone in my family and not even to my friends or classmates! It would be impossible for me as no one of them ever suggested they would like yaoi or shounen-ai, so I just don't have the guts to do it.

I hide it. My friends can never understand this. Only my little sister knows, It's a disaster she gigles and make fun of it, Also she like anime she don't get yaoi, XD so I live like that she don't like to talk about it so I'm saved. My parents would kill me if they know. And I'm in Self-goverment in a good position in my institute so my fetish would cause me problems if it was found out, but sometimes I wish that there was somebody who will anderstand this.

My parents don't know about it.I'm not sure I can ever tell them.But my friends know that I'm addicted.I have some problems of course but I don't care about them :D

I definitely hide. My parents and friends don't know that I like yaoi or BL. My parents tolerate my anime addition and my friends aren't into anime or manga. My friends are into non-yaoi drama.

The only one who even guessed was my college roommate. She was fine with it because she has a best friend who didn't bother to hide her yaoi addiction (though I was teased about it for a few days after my roommate found out).

only a few of my friends know,and most of them still don't know what yaoi is X).my parents would probably just be a bit weirded out.the only person i really have to hide it from is my brother,once he came in my room and saw my wallpaper.all it was ,was just izaya and shizuo from durarara standing next to eachother,he asked me "hey,are you a fujioshi?!" i was about to die XD when i said no he said "good :). if you were i would have to kill you ^.^." so im pretty much...well..dead if he finds out O_o.

for me, i hide it from my family and friends. but sometimes it slip my mouth... oops! eheh~

when that happens when i'm with my family, i just try and change the topic! it's that easy! luckily my mom doesn't watch or read what i have!

now i can't stand to hide it, so i join this forum! thanks, Y.O!

• Like 1