Quirk of Fate [private for me and Coffee-Tastic]

zajawa

Frowning, Okami stared at Xuaniko, the silence he brought being his mind cranking it up for once. He wasn't thinking about hurting the doll, if he was to make any decision, it would either be for himself for the little human. Whether or not Todd would be fine or not, if he'd get shot, if he should run away... he wasn't sure on what to do out of all options, but to say in the least, Xuaniko's eyes had a factor to play in his decision. He wasn't seen as an animal to this pure thing either. The idiot called him a person. Okami's lips pursed and he took a deep breath. "...Yeah... Okay. But. For your information, I'm not doing it because I'd be lonely, I'm fuck'n doing it because I can't say no to your stupid face. Now take the rod our of the ground so I can hurry and get this over with."

Okami hadn't been free in... what felt like forever. The anticipation of being able to move more than the circumference of his chain would allow. Running, he hadn't done that in a while. Hunting neither. And what? He'd be hunting down Todd in a way he didn't want to acknowledge because he got sappy from the doll's sad, pleading eyes. "You yourself should get inside after this too. Its gonna come down soon, I don't know when."

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zajawa

• Coffee-Tastic

The green eyes lightened up like a small lanterns of hope and happiness. Nodding his head he stepped closer to the stick in the ground... only to realise that he had no chance to take it out. Not with his small hands. He was nowhere strong enough to do that. Still he looked at the collar around Okami's neck and the lock there was more like a logic riddle. Who would do something like that? Why?

"Could you maybe go lower, please? I need to open your collar", asked Xuaniko politely, waiting for Okami to do it.

Reaching to it he started to manipulate small gears, not taking long to be able to open it. While Xuaniko was quite clumsy, sometimes naive and not that good with anything connected to fighting at the same time he was very good in more of psychical work.

As soon as the collar opened he took few steps back and smiled brightly at the wolf.

"Thank you. Please be safe on your way there and watch out on yourself so you wouldn't get hurt", he said, the concern in his voice quite obvious.

The collar clunking to the ground, Okami took a short step back, looking at it with slight disbelief and tons of relief. He shook himself, his mangy fur shaking along with his thick, grey skin, thinking to himself how long it has been since he hasn't been weighed down by anything. Months that felt like years basically. "I don't gotta be safe. Tell everything else on the wasteland to be safe now," he chuckled, just glancing at Xuaniko, he became slightly more serious, "I'll bring him back, dolly. Now go back in the house and wait for us to get back or something..." He turned around in Todd's direction and started to run. With how good it felt to work his legs, he was surprised he was actually going to do something good in his life; for someone he never had any good intentions with. Xuaniko sure worked miracles.

Todd, his bag with a decent amount of goodies in it, technically as in not much, but it was still something, knew he should be on his way back to his shelter and to Xuaniko. He was able to tell, not from the darkness of the clouds, but from how itchy he was starting to be, a headache also starting in the core of his skull. It wasn't horrible yet, the symptoms of a bad time growing more over each few minutes. His neck, his chest, his back, his arms... The itching came from underneath his skin, so there was no possible way of satisfying this incessant itching. Todd took deep breaths to keep himself from getting stressed out from the clouds. He had to be strong, for his new precious item he can gladly call his one and only friend. He was lucky to have things for him. Three books, one seemed like a dictionary and the other two... he wasn't sure, but they had nice designs on them that were revealed after wiping away the thick layer of dust on top of them. Todd was happy for once. "What a way to ruin a good find," he muttered, looking up at the sky. There was an burning ache starting in his bones and his spine at this point, so that wasn't good. What else wasn't good was that something in the distance was running right for him.

What Okami said was quite reassuring, that everything else should be careful. He nodded his head few times when he was told to get back inside. After all it wouldn't be good if he got caught in a radioactive rain. Glancing for the last time at Okami he headed back into the house. Quite deeply in his thoughts he managed to bump his head hard when getting inside. Soon the crack was secured back by one of the boxes and Xuaniko inside. He would sit in the window but he promised Todd that he wouldn't get close to them so he laid down on the mattress, really worried for both Okami and Master. Minutes seemed like hours for the doll, trying not to think about all the bed things that could have happened. At least he didn't hear the rain so there was still a chance. With his heart beating almost in his throat he stood up, deciding to get rid of all the dust in the room. It would be nice if Master would come to a clean room, right? His back still hurt but Xuaniko was unable to stay still any longer.

Todd didn't realize how affected he really was from the rain filled clouds above, for it was difficult to see what was coming towards him. The first thing he did was run to hide, but then he had heard his name, which got him to stop in place. Frowning and squinting, he saw what it was. The damn dog. It got loose. How he got out was... He didn't know how and for now he shouldn't care because it was still coming to him. Taking out his knife from his belt, he put himself in a defense mode, unknowingly gritting his teeth hard. He had chose to keep his gun at the safe house since he didn't plan on encountering anything, but that turned out like this. Todd needed to get back and he promised he'd be fine.

Okami saw Todd before Todd saw him, thankfully giving the animal a chance to prepare himself for the actual encounter. When he started running for Todd after Xuaniko let him go, he was thinking of how to explain any bit of what he was doing and what happened, quite frankly, no matter what, it will probably be known that he had gotten soft for Todds doll... "Teddy," he stopped his run, standing several feet away, "I'm not gonna bite, I-"

"You got loose and you decide to come find me for your own idiotic revenge? You do know that this time I will have to kill you, mutt." He said bluntly, sounding very irritated and on edge. His body's condition was getting worse, now on top of that, he had to deal with his guard dog coming to find him. "I suggest you get away from me if you want to keep your useless life..." Holding the knife at Okami, it was easy to see how not okay he was becoming, his hand shaking and his breaths heavier.

Okami stared at Todd, thinking of how great of an opportunity this would have been to kill this boy... Clearing his throat, he shook his head, "I mean it, boy... Er... Your dolly wanted me to get you. Coz he thinks you're in danger."

Todd stayed put, but his eyes narrowed, glaring at the mutant.

"He took my collar off himself... I told him how you'd probably die in the rain and he got scared and sent me..." Okami pursed his lips, "But... You were already on your way back. Yea?"

"Yes." Todd sort of believed him now. After all, the dog wouldn't have been able to free himself. "Do you actually think I'll believe that you actually intend to bring me back safely? I'd feel more safe if you ran away and I never saw your ugly mug again..."

"Well you're wasting time, Teddy, you'll either die from the rain or you have a shot with me," Okami growled. Todd was, of course, frustrating him beyond belief, but he had to remind himself he intended to take the kid back in one piece before it started to rain. "Also, ya know you're shaking right?"

Looking at his arm quivering, the blond growled and made an effort to keep it still, "I'm already on my way back, so go away. Like you said, this is wasting time." He never had been stuck in the rain before, and the thought of actually dying from that scared him. Swallowing, Todd walked forward, keeping his eyes on the mutt just in case. Okami stepped out of his way, keeping the eye contact.

Okami knew this was going to happen. Why would Teddy even trust him for something like his life? Even with Xuaniko in the equation, he didn't want his help. Okami thought about going back to the house ahead of the stubborn boy, but he also thought about Xuaniko's worried expression and continuous panicking of his Master. So, he did back away but he didn't plan on ditching him yet. Okami could see it on Todd right now, he smelled of sweat and his expression looked like he was keeping himself from displaying any pain.

Todd kept looking at Okami until the dog was out of sight, then he lowered his knife and focused more on walking. His heart was pounding loud enough to make him worried that something else might hear it, the beating hurt as well, the organ beating against his ribs... By the time he was halfway back, he was walking far more slower, tears in his eyes. It was a horrible idea to go out indeed. All he had to do was wait until it was all over. Todd cursed himself for being impatient. Xuaniko wanted books and Todd wanted to satisfy him, only if his good intentions were rewarded by the universe.

Radioactivity had always pained his body sadly, and even though it was frequent enough to get used to it, he couldn't. Sometimes it was worse than the previous shower, sometimes more of the pain was centered in one apart of his body. Panting, Todd thought about how this time he would try his best to not make so much noise. Xuaniko would worry about him and though there was no way to prevent that, he could make it less severely by stuffing his head into a pillow to muffle his sounds, Todd tended to be unintentionally loud when it came to the excruciating pain.

Speaking of which, the boy was trying to calm his breath again, but all of a sudden, he felt his guts twist and his ribs felt like they had actually cracked. Gasping and letting out a pained whimper, Todd fell to his knees and wrapped his arms around himself, "Ahhh-- fuck! N- no," he squeezed his gut and forced himself up, only to fall down and cause himself more pain. Todd kept cussing in his head, trying to get up again.

Now, Okami was still in the distance, watching over Teddy. When his knees buckled the first time, he frowned and started to come over to help. Listening to the boy whimper and cry in person was a lot more concerning than he thought. Could it really hurt that badly? It wasn't even raining yet... "You're looking good, Ted," Okami muttered and stood over him, "You want my help now?"

Hearing that ugly voice again, Todd turned his head to the mutant and wiped his eyes from tears, "Get away from me. I'd rather die." He didn't grab his knife is time. There was no chance he would be able to fend off the large animal whatsoever in this situation.

Okami growled, "No you don't, you stubborn brat! I'm offering you my fuckn' help because of your dolly, and if you're not going to take it, then you're not going to see him again, isn't hat right? Look. Just get up one more time and get on my back, I'll take you faster than you can in this condition. If you die, do,my dies." Frowning, he glared, waiting for an answer. Xuaniko was so caring and pure, Todd would be going to he deepest part of hell for choosing to continue his stubborn attitude rather than receive help from Okami.

But thankfully it appeared that Todd was thinking the same thing. He took a deep breath and did his best to get up... He couldn't get up completely, but Okami was there just before the boy fell, Todd slumping on his back. "You need to get on better, kid..." Okami muttered, struggling to hold his weight at first, not expecting him to be so heavy.

Sniffling, Todd groaned, "I know." He closed his eyes at the pain of moving, but he put more of himself over the large dog, actually crying from the agony.

Okami never saw Teddy in this way. For once, he might actually feel bad for the kid. Seeing him cry and try to cope with whatever pain he felt, the blond looked more like a victim of the world instead of being part of it like Todd liked to display so often with his cold behavior. When Okami started to go, Todd made a disgruntled noise and latched onto his guard dog. It would have been okay if he had normal fingers and not claws. Okami whimpered and growled, "Easy!!" Looking behind at Teddy, he saw how he wasn't even paying attention, his eyes still closed firmly as he was clearly trying to keep silent. Okami sighed heavily and kept on their way back to the safe house. He felt a trickle on his nose from rain, a light showering starting, though thankfully it didn't seem like it was making Todd any worse just yet.

At arrival, Okami came to the door and shook himself a bit to urge Todd off his back, "I don't have hand and your dolly is too small to open it, you have to get-- awwoooo!" Todd's claws sunk in his skin again.

"Don't do that..." He uttered, referring to shaking himself. Todd knew they were back, he just needed a second to collect himself. Every part of him had gotten worse, but he was back. All he had to do was get in bed. Todd got on his feet, leaning a hand of Okamis back for support as he opened the door and came in, dropping his backpack, "Xuaniko... Xuaniko where are you?" Squeezing himself again, he started heading to the room where he could be alone for this.

The time he spent alone cleaning seemed like hours, filled with anxious listening to every sound. When he heard the first drops playing a soft staccato on the roof it felt like his heart stopped beating. But it doesn't mean they didn't find a shelter... Okami surely found Master... Impossible that.. Squeezing his left arm to his body the doll wasn't sure what to do. Was there anything he could do right now?

"This stupid, small body!", said Xuaniko with passion, his eyes filling up with tears.

But no! Okami was strong an quick! He needed to find Master and there was no time to get back.. Those and some other, more chaotic, thoughts filled him mind as he stayed in the house, still alone.

And then he heard it. Some noise that was different that all the other. Did he hear right? Xuaniko perked up as soon as he heard the door open and then run to the door, wanting to see with own two eyes that both of them were back, sound and safe.

"H-h-here, Master. I'm here. Are you alright? Did something happened?", he asked, following the man and seeing he wasn't in a good condition, glancing at Okami worriedly and then back Master.

Not sure what to do he stayed close to Todd, clenching his small hands on his clothes to try and calm himself so he would be ready to help in anything Todd would need him to.

Todd was not alright at all, but hearing that smooth voice once again felt a bit comforting. "I'm better now t-that I'm back here," he muttered, grabbing onto the side of the bedroom door once he was close enough. As much as he would love to act homey with Xuaniko, he couldn't muster any bit of effort to create a smile or a reassuring voice without his works cracking up. "It's normal, it's- arrrh," he growled in pain when it felt like more of his bones had twisted, his claws clenching the wall and creating scratches in it, "Ha... It's normal.... Now, What did I say when this happens?" Looking down at the small male, Todd answered for him, "I said to leave me be. And don't come in no matter what." Need he have to give an explanation as to why he didn't want to be seen? Xuaniko didn't need to see him bawling in pain and Todd didn't want to show such a low part of his life. Easy. "Hopefully you can at least listen to that rule, since you cannot keep yourself from going outside and get close to that dog when I say specifically not to... We'll talk about that later." He swallowed and took a deep breath, closing his eyes, "But Do you understand what I'm saying, Xuaniko?"

Okami squinted his eyes at Todd, clearly telling that he was not exactly thankful for having his help. "Stubborn brat," Okami grumbled quietly.

The sudden growl made Xuaniko almost jump out of his skin and the deeply green eyes widened as the claws of his master marked a wall. Seeing Master looking at him his back straightened, soon nodding his head. As much as he wanted to say he would stay with Todd and all he was obedient so when given such an order he could only listen. Then he felt a bit like someone would slap him. His arms slumped and he looked on the floor. First he nodded but then remembered to answer like he should.

"Y-yes, Master", he said softly and then added, much softer. "I.... I j-just... I'm sorry.."

The words stack in his throat, making him unable to say anything else. Was what he did really unneeded and wrong. Did he do wrong? Thinking about it made him sad. He didn't want to be disobedient or disrespectful. Squirming on his place nervously he stayed quiet.

Todd stared down at Xuaniko, only feeling sorry for the fact he looked sad, not at all regretting his scold, which would have been far more severe if he wasn't like this. Todd would love to go in further detail about how his decision to let the mutt loose could have cost him his life and Xuaniko's life at that, but at another intense pain surging up his back, he was reminded he just wanted to be alone in bed. "Do not leave this house again..." He spoke coldly, wincing and backing into the room, closing the door behind him without another word or promise that he would be okay.

He always liked to take off his clothes for this, it helped him feel less restrained, though then again, he still felt restrained in his own skin when he was facing his painful condition. Todd staggered to the creaky old bed and got on it slowly, careful not to trigger more pain, and before things got worse, he undressed everything except his underwear, not caring where each article ended up at this point. With a large crack of thunder outside, Todd started to prepare himself for the worsening discomfort and suffering all alone...

After the door had closed, Okami snorted, "Don't take it to heart, dolly. Todd is a heartless scum to begin with."

He tensed really badly when he heard the cold tone of voice, nodding his head few times while saying soft 'yes, Master'. When the door closed he felt really small and stupid but then he heard Okami, making him turn around and look at him. Rubbing one of his eyes he took a deeper breath, trying to smile but failing. Looking down at his feet he fiddled with his fingers some more.

"Uhm... Y-you think... uhm... was I wrong to worry about Master?", he asked softly, looking up at Okami and this time managing to smile for real. "And thank you for bringing Master, Okami. See, I knew you are a good person."

Wiping his eyes dry he looked closely on the wolf and his eyes widened.

"Oh no! You're bleeding, Okami! What happened?", he asked, the green eyes widening as he got to the bucket and moistening a clean scrap of cloth. "Come, I'll clean it it at least?"

Worrying about that boy was something Xuaniko shouldn't have done, but he acted on it anyways only because he looked very sad. If it were his own choice, no of course he wouldn't have helped. Todd didn't speak much to him and the only times they saw each other were when Todd would go out and pass him by, and with those little interactions, he still knew that this was who Todd was. A cold person who doesn't want help from anyone else, Okami didn't even know to the extent until he saw Todd on the ground in excruciating pain, refusing his help even when his life was on the line, and in turn Xuaniko's as well. That made Okami angry to think someone like Xuaniko was bound to Todd when he didn't deserve it. However, his anger was minimized thanks to the doll's words, saying how he was a good person. Okami grunted and turned his head to the side, as if saying 'yeah right'.

"... Oh this." He nearly forgot about the slight injuries he got thanks to the blond, pain to him was more numb because of his tough skin, though he did still bleed, like now, "When I was takin' the brat back, he held on me tight and his nails got in me..." He normally licked his wounds, as any animal would, but Xuaniko was the type to feel better after knowing others were okay. That was what Okami speculated. Not protesting, he sat so that he wouldn't be so high off the ground from the brunet, "Yea you can go on and clean it, I don't mind it I guess. Do you mind me givin' some advice? Teddy is the kind to never appreciate help, and he doesn't want it. Don't bother with the brat and don't feel bad for what he said. At all."

It was from Master's nails?! Poor Okami! Getting close to the wolf he started to clean his wounds, the rain outside softly shimmering and filling the room with calmness. At least it was what Xuaniko was feeling. Hearing Okami he thought for few moments and then sighed.

"But somehow... he makes me feel different. Like... he really needs it. It is kind of feeling though so maybe I'm wrong", he said softly, cleaning the wounds and all the blood that stained the other's fur. "This world... seems like a very lonely place to be in.."

Continuing for few more moments he then finished and looked at Okami, his eyes soon glistening up as small idea formed in his mind.

"Okami... Do you think you could go to town and find me a dog shampoo? I know you are a wolf but it would be good for fur and I don't think many people would need it", he said and added. "There is a room that seems too run down to be uses so we could wash you there and then use the rain to rinse it off since you said it doesn't affect you. A want to do it since your fur seems to have a really nice shade but it was darkened by time. What do you think?"

Xuaniko wanted to make something for Okami for helping Master and even being hurt in the process while he wasn't even thanked in the end. And wouldn't being clean be nice thing?

What he said at first was too much complex thinking for him, and he didn't care much for that. Okami didn't mind be alone, he hated being with Todd. He was chained up 24/7 and Todd was an asshole. Literally the only good thing out of it was that he was around for this crazy chance for the kid to find the most polite thing in the entire world. But Okami didn't know where Todd had come from, he didn't know a single thing about him. For all he knew, Todd had been alone all his life, alone from other people, which he hated, and alone when he was experiencing these rain storms, that to Todd's liking actually.

Okami took a look at his wounds and huffed, which was his form of a thank you if you can say, then looked at the gleaming eyes of the small human, arching a brow high and speculatively, "Thanks I guess...? But what is that. Shampoo? Sorry but no, I'm not gonna do that." He looked outside, "This is the first time in a while I get shelter from the rain, I'm not going to go out. And I don't know what dog shampoo is... An' I can't read, its not like I'd be able to know what it was if it was right in front o' me." He was assuming it was some kind of soap. The thought was kind, or was it...? Was Xuaniko low key saying that he smelled bad? The large dog pursed his lips, but thought away from that. Xuaniko might have thought it, but he was too kind to let it show... God, why did someone like Xuaniko have to care so much for a guy like Teddy? "Anyways, whats the point, my fur will just get dirty again eventually." Picking up a paw, he brought it to his mouth and started to pick at his sharp nails.

When he heard the answer he sighed softly, sitting down.

"Well... I wanted to thank you that way for bringing Master back. You had nothing but troubles because of that so I wanted to do something that would make you feel nice. I thought washing your fur would be the best way to do that", explained Xuaniko right away and added. "I would go get it myself but there is no way for me to be able to bring it back with how small I am.. Also it wouldn't be hard to find. It would have a dog being washed by human on it. Also I would just wash your fur again if it got dirty again. But I can understand why you wouldn't want to go when it's raining. I just wanted to make you feel nice.. as a thank you."

Realising he was repeating himself Xuaniko fell silent. Thinking for few moments he didn't find anything else to convince Okami. Wasn't it normal to want to stay inside when it was raining?

The large dog kept his gaze away, listening to Xuakino speak more about his kind intentions. Nobody cussing at him can possibly make Okami feel like dirt, yet the brunet saying how all he wanted to do was gift him a nice treatment of getting clean and wanting him to feel soothed. Why he was so weak to something as random to find like Xuaniko, he didn't get it at all and he might not ever know no matter how much he wished to understand, even if he didn't mind having to think too much. Sighing loudly, he stood up and muttered, "A dog being washed by a human on it... Yeah. Alright dolly, fine, I'll get it if ya keep looking like that... Anyways. What difference does it make if I go outside now when I've been doing it for almost forever anyways. I bet you just don't wanna be around my dog smell," he snorted though his scratched muzzle and started to go to the front door, which Todd had left ajar, too distracted to bother knowing if it was completely closed or not.

"I'm not like Todd by the way. I'm not weak and I don't become on the verge of painful death just from the rad'- water... That means don't worry about me. Stay inside or else." The effects of the rain on the wasteland did a number on victims differently. Perhaps one would get deathly ill, die, or even become a mutant themselves. Xuaniko was very small so whatever might happen to him might be worse. The guard dog didn't want something like that happening to him, thus giving his very stern warning. He didn't want to admit it, but Xuaniko letting him loose because he was worried for Todd was a very dramatic and bad decision to do. He was lucky that Okami was willing, it could have easily ended up with the two of them dead. It really was a bad decision.

What else was a bad decision in this situation? Well, Todd shouldn't have brought those clothes inside the room with him, droplets of radioactive water making it worse for the poor blond. He struggled to contain his agonizing voice inside the pillow, soaking it with his rare tears and heavy pants. He couldn't stop thinking of how he wanted to push the articles out of the door, but like this, trying to move would be futile and it would only cause him more pain while the radioactivity continued to give him absolute hell.

Xuaniko was really happy when he heard Okami but then waved his hands, shaking his head at the same time.

"N-no.. It's like that.. I w-wouldn't", he protested, quite surprised that the other would think he would do it just for a reason like that. "I really do want to thank you that way.. and I thought it would be nicer to lay down when you are all clean. If I would be big enough I would propose also taking care of your claws too..."

Realising he was talking way too much ,and sounded like he was excusing himself, Xuaniko looked down at his feet, blushing a bit.

Hearing what was being said later on made the deeply green eyes look up and nod. Feeling quite moved that Okami cared enough to tell that to him he smiled and nodded his head few times, looking like a most obedient thing in a whole world when he did it like that.

"Yes, Okami. I will stay here and wait for you", said the doll gently, very happy he would be able to do something for the wolf for being so nice.

It was very cute to stump the little doll, the effort he put into giving him an expalination was all he needed to go out and find.... What was it... Dog shamies? Dog shamwow?Dog... Whatever, he'd remember it along the way at some point. He'd get it for Xuaniko since he really seemed to want to pamper him. Though he must say that he wasn't sure if he wanted something about his claws being done. If anyone needed them filed down, it was that jerkish brat who left marks in his skin...

Okami gave a nod before pushing the door the rest of the way open with his paw to get through. Since coming inside, the lift shower had become normal rainfall. It smelled like rain, as rain should, but even Okami could sense that it was tainted with poison from the clouds.

While he was out for the time that he was, about thirty minutes, he found that the rain wasn't as bad as before unlike when he was chained down to a rod in the ground. He figured it had to do with the fact that he was free and he made this choice to go out. The rain was cool~

Okami didn't know where to look at first, it was difficult to know where this product would be, but he saw how one shop had a dirty, dusty sign on it with a dog and cat. It was a pet store, but Okami recognized that Xuaniko told him a dog was on the bottle. He went inside and through rubble, he did in fact find what he was looking for. Not wanting to waste time, he was back to the house in no time, panting as he pushed open the door with his nose and spat out the bottle, but he had shook out his body before entering inside, noting that it wouldn't be good if he was drenched. "Xuaniko, I'm back... Come'ere. Do you feel the water bothering ya so far? I wouldn't want ya getting sick because of this dumb thing."

He busied himself a little when he was waiting, doing this or that. Seriously, Xuaniko was one of the people that always would find something to do. When he heard the doors opening he turned around and smiled when he saw the bottle. It was full and it would be enough for few washings. The bottle was quite big compared to him but he already had idea how to use it even if he was so small, Okami could help as well. When he heard the wolf he approached him and looked up. Tilting his head to the side he shook his head.

"No.. I don't feel any different than normal..", he said, smiling and shaking his head. "I'm not sure why... maybe because of the regeneration...? But thank you very much for worrying about me, Okami~"

Xuaniko smiled happily after saying the last part, his eyes radiating with warmth.

"Now I'll take off my clothes and we will start.. is that fine with you, Okami?", he asked, as he started to take off his clothes only to leave his underwear. "I prepared everything we will need in there room there. Please, can you move there?"

That said he took the bottle and started to pull it, the bruise you got himself the other day easy to spot on his fair skin.

Regeneration. Did he just say regeneration? Okami lacked the same knowledge as Todd and only thought that he had found a little person that happened to look like a doll. Well, because he didn't know much about him, he easily accepted the thought that could be the case. And if he had just went outside in the rain to come back and find out that Xuaniko was very sensitive to radiowaves, he would of had to stay outside after all. He really should have thought before doing that trip. Xuaniko was to blame too. The animal licked his nose, feeling a drop slide down his muzzle, "Yea, yea, its fine." Todd would certainly feel nervous about the small human undressing, though being of a completely separate species, Okami didn't even bat an eye or take any note of it. Having his clothes off made the most sense if he was going to have the rough task of washing a giant dog.

After picking up the bottle with his mouth again, he walked to where he was directed and the mutant kept himself from shaking off the rest of the water on him, since the soap needed to work with something, and he couldn't get dry. Okami sat down once getting there, the brunet would never he able to actually reach him if he stood up normally, and sitting, he looked to Xuaniko and set the shampoo down, "Good luck, dolly."

"Thank you, Okami~", he said happily and soon begun washing the wolf.

They were working on it together, Okami helping him with the things he would help troubles. Xuaniko coordinated all the works, since it was a bit like a construction site with how big was the wolf compared to the doll, and then, step by step, were able to finish it.

The brunette was all soaked and in the foam but really happy as he looked up and down at the wolf, making sure he cleaned everything, even claws. Sneezing softly he brushed his hair back a bit with a top of his arm, some dark smudges on his face and hands, showing how dirty Okami was before.

"All done. You may now go and make the rain wash off all the foam and all. I found a brush behind one of the boxes so I will try and brush your fur, Okami, okay?", he asked, extremely happy smile lighting up his face.

While Okami was out he grabbed a water he prepared for himself earlier, using for it a small ladle he had found and used the water in the bucket to clean himself as well, using the same shampoo as Okami. It was a dog shampoo but it was better that not cleaning at all. It didn't take long. He sneezed again while waiting for the water to dry up or at least drip off of him a little bit.

• 3 weeks later...

After taking himself outside to rise off, the large dog let out a long, held in sigh of bliss. Who knew it felt so good to be scrubbed and rubbed all over?? Xuaniko had small hands, but that didn't take away from the feeling of being massaged all over. He never thought he'd enjoy contact of another life form so much. It was his real first time allowing anyone to touch him, let alone give him a bath. Okami didn't regret it. And that wasn't the only thing that was refreshing. Standing out in the rain, the animal felt like ten pounds of dirt officially washed off of his body. He was so clean... Looking at his clean claws, Okami panted lightly with a dog smile on his muzzle, enjoying the rain washing away the suds.

Stepping out a little further, his ears were picking up noises around the house apart from the sounds of rain hitting the roof of the house. Narrowing his eyes, the large animal walked to where he was hearing it, not worrying about his paws getting dirty when the foundation of the house was so dry, not even the rain made the soil into mud. The sound led him to the side of the house, around where Teddy's private room was. Okami skeptically went near the boarded up window and got up on two paws, using the wall to hold himself up. Now, he couldn't see through the window, it was completely boarded up, but he pressed one of his ears to it to hear more. He definitely could hear Ted's voice in pain, but... there was something else. Where was a low snapping, there was a sliding noise and a slight click. He could hear rips and tears as well. As if there was something in there moving around in there and as if Ted was shredding the bed sheets "Teddy?" He barked on his side, but other than a low growl of aggravation from Todd's side, there wasn't any response. There was no point to this. There was no way he could possibly guess what was happening to Ted unless he saw for himself. And that wasn't happening. The brat might shoot him later for it and Xuaniko might get in trouble. So for now, he went back to the front and shook off the water from his fur.

Stepping back inside to meet with Xuaniko again, he chuckled, not bringing up the things he heard. Okami wasn't worried about Ted here, he was more... curious. But he knew Xuaniko didn't feel the same, so he didn't want to worry the doll. "You must be a bit tired after that, yea? Ya still wanna try to brush my fur little dolly?"

Jumping a bit up and down he tried to make himself dry up quicker. Washing Okami wasn't an easy thing, not with how small his body was right now, but gave him a lot of satisfaction. Looking up at Okami he was about to answer but sneezed instead, falling on his rear in the process. Rubbing his nose he chuckled a bit, his cheeks flushing slightly, and nodded his head.

"Yes, I would love to", he said, no doubt in his voice or hesitation. "How are you feeling after washing? Good? I'm sure you would love the brushing. Now... would you lay down so I could get to your fur?"

That said he waited and soon started working on the tangled fur. Operating the brush was the most difficult thing but since his hands were so small it was easy to tend to all the tangles. After about a hour or two they were done and Okami's fur soft and almost shiny. Also after washing and brushing it was at last noticeable that the wolf had a lot of fur but because of how dirty it was it was impossible to see it before. wrapping all the dead hair in scraps of material he looked around to make sure everything was clean just before resting on the mattress with a soft sigh. His hand were so tired they were trembling.

"So... how does it feel Okami?", he asked, smiling warmly as his head turned and the green eyes focused on the wolf.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting washed was a bliss to him after it was finished. If that was a bliss, then how was he supposed to describe bring brushed? It was twice as good. It took long to get it done, so he was in constant comfort from start to finish, many times while he was brushed, he almost fell asleep from how nice it felt. Never in his life had be felt so pampered and... Cared for... Yeah. Cared for...

Okamis calmed eyes met with Xuaniko's before he gave a smile, his tail wagging after being still the whole time, "You... You don't belong on this world. You are so nice. It felt amazin'... Thanks." He felt sappy for wanting to do something like this, but he didn't know any other way of expressing gratitude. The large animal licked him and pressed his muzzle against him, like a hug. He'd never say it, but at this point, he committed himself to the small doll. It was final. "Dolly,p should rest, yea? You're shakn' haha~"

Xuaniko was really surprised when he was licked only to chuckle in the end, given the nuzzle.

"You welcome. I'm happy you were enjoying it. We will repeat it when you will get dirty again", he said, obviously happy. "Also yes. I am tired. With my body being so small it is hard to do anything, especially concerning someone as big as you. So... if that would be fine with you, Okami, I would like to sleep for a bit. Can I ask you to wake me up if Master would need anything? I would go and check on him but he ordered me otherwise s-so..."

Falling silent he sighed. Xuaniko was worried about his new master. He was surely in pain and he could do nothing to help him, to ease his suffering. It was weighting on his mind now, that he ended being busy. Knowing that Master was angry at him and that he was forbidden to even look inside only added to it all. Smiling softly he reached to one of Okami's paws and stroked the fur of it lightly, liking how soft it was now and how comforting it was to have some company when Master wasn't around.

Okami's thin tail wagged at the thought of this occurs fe happening more than just once. He was going to look foreword to it immensely. It was such a shame that Xuaniko had to bring up that nasty boy Teddy. His wagging stopped and he grunted as he sat down by the mattress, putting his head next to the doll with his paws on either side, "Don't waste your time worryin' about Ted. I can see it on yer face too. Such an asshole that boy... It pisses me off to see ya care about'm. He only was nice to ya since you're pretty. But after he gets bored. He's gonna treat you just like everyone one else, dolly."

Especially after being treated to Xuaniko's kindness, he hated the thought of it going given to someone who deserved it the least... Okami didn't deserve it either, but he was able to change. He's seen how Teddy acted, and there was no saving that... That. And he kind of just wanted Xuaniko for himself.