Quirk of Fate [private for me and Coffee-Tastic]

zajawa

With a short nod, Todd continued to stare, only until Xuaniko looked down for a while did he realize that staring at him like this was making him more embarrassed. He wouldn't enjoy being stared at either too much. "You're welcome then... Thank you too. That felt really good," he lowered down the doll, using his shirt to wipe the saliva off his body gently so he wouldn't be wet when he put his clothes back on, mumbling "That took a little longer than I thought..." Todd was shockingly quick to return back to his survivalist self. Shining in the light of making the other cum already took too much time from him... Not that he wouldn't like to relax, he just didn't know how to relax for long periods of time. It was kind of sad and surely he'd die early from not old age, not from being shot or eaten, it'd be from worrying too much. "You should get dressed again, Xuaniko, I wouldn't want you getting sick." Rubbing the other's head, passed over his clothes again, afterwards fixing up his pants.

In the life of Todd, there was always a lot of things to be doing. Like now, he wanted to grab some water from the well, he wanted to reload his gun, he wanted to go check on the traps outside, he wanted to so a perimeter check, he wanted to... do everything basically and even when he finished one thing, he liked to go back and double do it to make sure everything was okay. And actually, now having Xuaniko, he wanted to really make sure they were as safe as possible. Just thinking about someone taking Xuankio made him deathly afraid. There was no way he would let anyone take him and live.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zajawa

• Coffee-Tastic

His new master was surprising him again and again. Being wiped clean wasn't something he thought that Master would do and it made him smile. If the little doll would be a dog he would be wagging a tornado behind himself, especially after being rubbed on the head like that. With a small blush still remaining on his cheeks he reached for his clothes and started to put them on, making sure he looked presentable. Then the small hands reached to the brown, long hair combing them a bit. There was not even a small speck of cum that earlier dropped on Xuaniko's hair although the hair should be caked with it here and there.

As he straightened the brown haired male felt just how full he was from eating the cum. Smiling he couldn't help but feel happy that Master would have more food to eat. Thinking of that he looked around to see where the can was. Then his eyes rested on Todd, waiting for him to eat. The other was looking like he was thinking deeply about some things so Xuaniko stayed silent, knowing better than disturbing his new master.

Looking around the room once again he couldn't help but to be excited when thinking about exploring this place as well as the world. His green eyes glistened as his imagination got a bit wild.

Pulling his shirt below his waist again, Todd sighed and grabbed the can he put off to the side. He could start doing all of the things he was going to do later... He was weak from not eating in a while and it was best to fill himself up when he had the chance. Now that it got more silent, he was really able to tell how weak and tired his body was from being hungry. The comfy bed, a full stomach and his body sexually satisfied for once, he knew his body would appreciate rest. He'd hold off on that though, night was coming and night time was when a lot of bad people likes to roam around. The creatures as well. If he had the choice, he wouldn't sleep at all actually. But he was human.

Using his finger to take out some of the canned food, his eyes eventually drew attention to his doll again and after swallowing down the mulch. He wanted to ask about his good owner from the past, but he contemplated that because it might make him remember things he liked to contain and it would utterly kill the excitement in his eyes... Hold on though. Why was he looking so excited...? "Whats with that look you got now?" He chuckled, "You thinking about something fun in there?" He was just curious and glad. Glad that he didn't have to try so hard to come up with a more relaxing, easy going conversation with Xuaniko.

The green eyes blinked and then focused on Todd while the soft lips formed into a shy smile.

"I was just thinking how many things there are to discover. The new things.. like animals and other.. It's kind of exciting to have so many things to see and all. That and...", he paused and then added, his cheeks getting a little bit of a colour. ".. I'm really happy to have such a good master this time.. I kind of started to forget how does it feel... I am sorry if that sounds strange, Master.."

Xuaniko just hoped he was right about it but that he kept to himself. There were things one shouldn't tell aloud even if just to keep himself safe.

"Would that be fine to go outside, Master? Just to look around a little bit?", he asked, taking few steps forward to get closer to Todd.. only to trip over his own legs and fall on the floor, face first.

That surprised him. Sitting up he touched his forehead that was now scraped. Xuaniko seemed so surprised that it was actually funny to observe him.

Xuaniko's excitement was the only thing odd to him. Sure it was a new world for him, completely different to whenever he was last awake... But did he not understand what kinds of things are out there already judging by what he's seen already and heard from Todd? Giant roaches, radioactive rain, monsters, big mutant dogs and raiders, the list goes on and nothing would ever be anything he wants Xuaniko to be apart of or even see for that matter. Xuaniko was cute and so very naive. At least he was confident in himself to be able to keep him safe from danger. "It's not strange, don't worry."

But speaking of danger, it seemed that a lot of other things could hurt the doll that he can't always protect against... Like tripping on himself. Todd smiled wider and shook his head, "You can first start with trying to be more careful around the house, Xuaniko," he couldn't help but chuckle, seeing the doll as being far too cute for his own good, "I'd rather you stay inside for the time being actually. You don't have any reason to go out, so don't, simple as that. I'll take you outside with me another time, not when it's just about dark... And I wish I could stay in too, but I want to check around the area to make sure we'll be alright for a little while longer." It was more than just that, but he didn't want Xuaniko to think he'd be gone for a long time even though he might depending on how things are around the safe house.

It was embarrassing to trip over his own legs so it made him blush when Master laughed.. even if he liked the sound of it. Hearing what was being said he hesitated for few moments before nodding his head. His curiosity was only growing when he was being said to stay inside. But Xuaniko was an obedient fellow so defying something that Master told him to do wasn't like him at all. So the other male would be soon going out, leaving him here alone? Surely... looking through the window would be fine?

Xuaniko wasn't really good in survival stuff and things like that. He knew a lot about plants and was able to do many things with them, knew how to preserve meat and some other things due to the things he experienced/was able to read but that was all. After all who would need him to know things like that? He was a doll, something to entertain his master or to help in some things.

"Is it much more dangerous outside when the night comes? Or is it just because it is dark it is easier to not to notice things? Does anything happens then? And that big dog.. wouldn't he warn Master?", asked Xuaniko, too curious to not to ask.

"That giant mutt? Yeah he'd let me know." He shrugged, sucking on his fingers, "But He's only good for looking out around that area in the front and if he smells anything strong in the air like incoming rain or unfamiliar people, he just howls it. It's good for letting me know and if it is people, they might not come in this direction if they hear it... What I do is check around the other side of the house. There's a hill overlooking more of the land, so if there's anything coming, I'll see it once my eyes adjust to the darkness." After eating a bit more he added, "It is more dangerous at night. That when raiders like to travel since they won't be easily seen, and there are more mutants that like to roam around. I trust my eyes though. If I see anything, I'll be more cautious.

With raiders or any people, he would get the dog to howl. With mutants, he would watch it more to see where it was going. If it was coming closer, he'd have to to to the house and hide somewhere just in case... The safe house was good against mutants, but sometimes, those things liked to inspect the house and with only a tarp shielding off the back of the house from dangers like that, just hiding under the sheets wouldn't to. Worst case scenario, he'd have to fight it or let it chase after him to a point where he could lose it, like what he did with the man today. "Only if that damn dog was more useful," he mumbled. He would get a little jealous seeing others with more obedient dogs, to trusting that they let them walk with them without a leash. That mutant outside was just not that kind of animal to be trained, he guessed.

Xuaniko listened to everything he was told and nodded his head in understanding. So it was like that. Riders probably were just some bandits that grouped up together to be able to ambush those that travelled alone or weren't strong enough to defend themselves. With the land being like that and the food not so easy to obtain it wasn't strange that people preferred to travel alone since thrust could cost a life. Xuaniko sighed mentally. It was a very sad and alone world. After all wasn't the most beautiful thing between people when they helped each other and shared what they could? It made a human something more than just an animal trying to survive. Then his thoughts went to his master. It really must be hard..

Hearing the thing about the dog being more useful made Xuaniko think about the ways he could help. Even if the creature was talking.. wasn't it alone and scared at times as well? After all it could talk well so thinking shouldn't be hard for it too. If someone would be nicer to it.. wouldn't that made it want to cooperate a little bit more? Still it was there. Outside, on the chain... alone. Xuaniko knew all too well how did it feel. Being alone.. and scared. A small idea started to form inside his head but that would need to wait until he would be allowed to go outside.

"So.. are those mutant.. intelligent? If it can enter the house..?", he inquired further, wanting to know a little bit more. "What kind of mutants there are? Are some of them speaking just like that dog outside?"

The dog outside was just like any other mutant to Todd, it only had the ability to talk, nothing more. For other mutants, he wasn't exactly sure of all the possibilities and he wasn't going to pretend like he did, "I've only seen mutant animals and the dog outside was the only one I've ever seen talk. I've never heard of them talking either actually... There are different mutants I guess. The kind that just enlarge the animal or whatever it is, ones that make them bigger and uglier, the ones that are a mix of two species and then there are things out there that I have no idea what they are, but they're disgusting and dangerous. There can be more possibilities out there that no even I'm aware of. It's a big world and I wish it was a lot less ugly... And as for how smart the other mutants are, I guess it depends on it. It feels like each one I come across is different in its own way. But if something manages to come in the house, that doesn't mean it's smart. It could just be hungry and desperate to find something to eat."

Being eaten by a monster might be the worst way of dying on the wasteland. Most creatures didn't have the decency to kill their prey before tearing them open and eating them alive. Todd has witnessed a few mutant creatures kill and none looked pleasant, that's all. It would definitely give Xuaniko nightmares, so if Todd ever had to protect or hide with the doll, he would make sure to cover his eyes or his ears because the sounds weren't any better. "But don't worry, none of us are going to become chow." Speaking of chow, Todd finished the can of dog food, crushing the can in his palm. With all cans and other waste, it must be buried to prevent anything from smelling it and coming over to inspect. "Well now... Is there anything you need before I go? I can bring over water if you want that."

All the informations were really interesting and also quite disturbing. It would be good to find a map or two and some notebook and start to take notes. There is probably some system to it.. After all even if the creatures are big there needs to be a times they are asleep or have mating season thus the males are more aggressive.. Thinking about it made Xuaniko more and more interested in the subject, the doll being more a type of absentminded scholar than anything else. His eyes glistened while some stray thoughts popped inside his head.

Looking up at Todd, Xuaniko nodded.

"If it wouldn't be a problem then yes, Master", he said softly and then frowned. "Would you be alright? Also.. what should I do if something happens? Run outside?"

"If a mutant comes by, just hide someplace, don't run. You're small and there are plenty of cracks in the wall you can fit into, so that'll be fine. If it's people, you should also hide and don't come out until you hear me and only me." If a group of people were to come and take over his safe house, that was a different story. "If there's a not of people, then you can hide outside of the house, so I could still find find you without alerting them." But a group? The dog would probably howl out before they got to the house... It was still a risk nevertheless, because there was always the possibility that they kill the dog before it could be alarmed. "Just remember to stay quiet and don't trust anything anyone says no matter what. You only are allowed to trust me, Xuaniko."

Grabbing his bag, Todd stashed the empty can inside, he took out some bullets, then took his gun and closed up the bag to sling it over his back, "But I don't think anything will happen today," standing, he smiled down at Xuaniko, "You're my good omen. I'm sure things will go just fine... Now, I'll leave the water by the back door, I really must be going off." With a little wave, he started going off to the exit, refilling his gun with the bullets he stole along the way.

Just as he said he would, he brought up the bucket from the well and left it inside by the door, calling out to Xuaniko a last time, "Don't worry about me, I'll be back before you know it!" And then... He was gone. Todd can get soft hearted with Xuaniko all he likes, but his caution will always be on high.

- - - Updated - - -

"If a mutant comes by, just hide someplace, don't run. You're small and there are plenty of cracks in the wall you can fit into, so that'll be fine. If it's people, you should also hide and don't come out until you hear me and only me." If a group of people were to come and take over his safe house, that was a different story. "If there's a not of people, then you can hide outside of the house, so I could still find find you without alerting them." But a group? The dog would probably howl out before they got to the house... It was still a risk nevertheless, because there was always the possibility that they kill the dog before it could be alarmed. "Just remember to stay quiet and don't trust anything anyone says no matter what. You only are allowed to trust me, Xuaniko."

Grabbing his bag, Todd stashed the empty can inside, he took out some bullets, then took his gun and closed up the bag to sling it over his back, "But I don't think anything will happen today," standing, he smiled down at Xuaniko, "You're my good omen. I'm sure things will go just fine... Now, I'll leave the water by the back door, I really must be going off." With a little wave, he started going off to the exit, refilling his gun with the bullets he stole along the way.

Just as he said he would, he brought up the bucket from the well and left it inside by the door, calling out to Xuaniko a last time, "Don't worry about me, I'll be back before you know it!" And then... He was gone. Todd can get soft hearted with Xuaniko all he likes, but his caution will always be on high.

Listening to everything carefully Xuaniko nodded his head few times, saying a soft 'yes, Master' when he was told to trust only Todd. That being said like that would assure that the doll would remember it at all times. After all he was his obedient, well behaved self.

"I wish you a safe trip, Master", he said and waved his hand.

Only after Xuaniko said that he realised that he probably shouldn't use a word trip since it indicated something pleasurable..

Getting to the bucket he drank a bit out of it. He then explored the house that now would be his home. There really wasn't much to see. It was all was a bit rundown but since it had all walls and a roof then it was still good. After some time passed Xuaniko got on the windowsill, taking a curious look outside, wondering when Master would be back. Then he heard some strange noise. It startled him a bit and he wanted to hide inside only to bump on the plank just above his head... and fell out of the window.

When his body met with the ground it knocked out all the air from Xuaniko's lungs and made him see starts for few longer moments. Then he blinked at looked around and then up. He wouldn't be able to get back inside.. it was way too high right now. The doll flinched and tensed up when he heard the strange voice once again.. only to realise it was a.. whine. Dog whine. Standing up he headed in the direction of noise, figuring out that it must be the dog that Master was keeping on the chain. Since he was outside anyway it wouldn't be a bad idea to check out what was happening.

Soon he saw it. Now that the doll was standing on the ground the creature seemed much bigger than before when he was with Master. And the smell isn't so bad anymore.. Observing the dog curiously Xuaniko stayed perfectly silent.

The dog's head raised as it had took notice to Todd leaving, but he was too far away to bother trying to speak to and he was sure the boy wouldn't respond anyways. Laying it's head back down on the ground as it sat, the mutant dog huffed, bored out of it's mind... A lot of times it thought how he'd rather be dead, but whenever Todd aimed his gun at his head, that changed VERY fast. The mutant waited a little longer for Todd to be gone until getting up on his fours, glaring at the rod in the ground that he attached to. It knew it was hopeless to keep trying, but it never hurt. It bit the steel rod and tried to pull it out with no luck. Biting the chain it was connected to, it tried to bite through with no luck. "Shit." It growled with its paws treading the ground in frustration some of the hard. The animal would most certainly dig if it could, but it already tried and that ended up making his paws bleed from working too hard at the rough ground. It was even a mystery to the animal how Todd was able to stick the metal so deep in the ground for it to be impossible to get it out.

In Todd's shoes, he was already making route to is first vantage point, the hill. Staying up top, laying on the ground by a thorn bush to not get spotted, the brunet sighed as he looked out over the land. His eyes adjusted to the darkness quickly, being able to scope out what moved in the dark distance and what did not. As always, his gun was right in his hand, ready to be used when needed... So far, there was nothing to be seen. Good... Though looking up at the sky, he couldn't see any stars now that he thought about it. Cloudy night skies were normal every now and then, but its been the third day in a row that the stars were blocked out. He knew better than to ignore it. This meant that it was going to rain soon. All he could hope was that the wind would push those rain filled clouds away from here. He didn't want to go through another rainshower.

The green eyes observed the dog as it tried to get rid of the chain. More than being scared of it Xuaniko actually pitied the creature. Being left in such a silent place, all alone. It really couldn't be helped the other tried to break free. Yet Master said to not to trust anyone so Xuaniko made sure it would be impossible to reach him where he was and then cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry to bother you, Mr. Dog... but were you whining few moments ago? Did something happened to you? Are you hurt?", asked Xuaniko, meaning all well by his questions while hoping the other wouldn't try to bite him or.. something like that. "Also.. may I ask why you tried to bite Master Todd? I was curious about that one thing... and also wanted to talk with you as well."

That said he fell silent, waiting what would happened next. Of course the doll was a bit scared but the curiosity he felt was much stronger.

The dog's ragged ear twitched hearing the voice and looked around at first, not seeing anyone there. It's white eyes narrowed until finding the source of the voice... Seeing the thing there, the dog's head tilted as it listened, more curious in what the hell this thing was. It was so tiny! But was it a human...? ... Hey, hadn't Todd been carrying this thing earlier? It was alive? "Eh?" It came towards Xuaniko until the chain around his neck tugged at its throat. It's never seen something like it before and he kind of wanted to grab it and break it like a human skull. The animal wanted to taunt it just like with Todd, but the little human said something it couldn't ignore. Laughing, it stepped back, walking along the range of the chain, "What was that? Master Todd? You mean Teddy! The hell you calling that boy master for?! What a joke! Idiot!" Snickering, it ignored Xuaniko's questions, instead giving his own, "What in the hell are you? And what makes you think you can come up to me without a trembling hand. I can tear you to shreds, idiot. Know what you're talking to." None of that was just bark. If his threatening voice wasn't enough to show his seriousness, the foam and saliva drooling off it's mouth from killing instincts should.

wild_dog_concept_by_safdaralimirza-d5jafp2.jpg

Xuaniko gulped hard when the dog came so close. It was big and scary. It smelled too.. but probably just because it wasn't washed. Of course what the dog said wasn't right. Xuaniko was scared but he didn't show that since he knew he couldn't allow himself that. Also it was impossible for the dog to feel it with his nose since for him the doll had no smell. That was actually a really good thing about not having smell that someone else than Master could feel.

Right now Xuaniko gladly would run away but he knew he couldn't. It was important for Master and it could give him additional protection in the future.

"He is my Master, that's why I'm calling him that. Also I'm not an idiot and you are rude. I asked you questions first. Answer them first and I'll answer yours", said Xuaniko, taking a deep breath that would sound for the dog like a sigh and in reality was a desperate try to relax himself a bit. "And why are you referring to yourself as 'it'? You can think. You can talk. Why 'it'? Shouldn't it be 'Know who you are talking to?"

That said Xuaniko fell silent once again, wondering what would be the answer. He needed to try. If this dog could think and talk it could be tamed. In theory at least..

Just because the doll can repeat He is my Master, doesn't mean he'd understand a lick of it. The animal shook it's head at the doll's stupidity. And then he just had to call him rude? Well no shit... Why was this small human giving out a mini lecture? He must really not know his place, just like Teddy. Oh how he'd love to back that boy into a corner and fuck him up beyond recognition. Then this doll would measure up how great his "master" really was. The dog's muzzle wrinkled from barring fangs, it stared down the little human...

Until he said something even weirder. Xuaniko was asking about what he called himself. Sure the mutant could think and talk, that didn't mean he needed to have a name or anything. "... Are you blind? I'm a wild dog, idiot," the dog spat, "I don't need to refer to myself as anything, what I really should be doing is trying my best to snap your little body in half with just one paw... I'm not a pet, okay? Just because I'm stuck here doesn't mean anything. I try to bite Teddy because I hate him for putting me here. And to answer the rest of your useless questions, no I'm not hurt. I whined because I'm fucking stuck here an' it pisses me off. And not youre pissing me off. Answer my question now. What are you? A new breed of radroach?" Grinning, it laughed again, laughing as if it was the best joke he's heard after Master Todd.

The dog really was scary. The was no doubt about it, Xuaniko's heart trying to jump out of his throat as the other seemed to think if it should snap his body in two or three pieces. Just because he couldn't die until Master was alive didn't mean he wasn't scared of dying. Then the last thing the dog said made him blink and actually Xuaniko started to laugh. The sound wasn't loud due to the size of his body but the sound was clear and very nice to an ear. After few moments he calmed down.

"Pardon me but somehow you made me think of myself looking like the roach.. and somehow. My apologies, Mr. Dog", he said and then started to answer the questions the other had. "I am a doll. I call Master master because he is the one that woke me up and I would be alive as long as he is breathing. I am not blind and what I meant before was not that that you need to call yourself somehow but you... You don't have a name? Isn't it irritating? I hated not having a name.."

It was true. It was hard without name. It was all so impersonal. Like.. you weren't a part.. of the world. The feeling was hard to describe but none the less Xuaniko didn't really like it.

Xuaniko laughing at his joke kept the dog's laugh on for a little longer. That little thing had a nice voice, it was a lot different from the type's he's heard before. Other's were just as nasty as his laugh. He hasn't even heard Todd's laugh actually, so he didn't know about him. This doll? Rather... pleasing to hear, dare he say. "Ah, so that bastard got a slave from luck," the dog muttered, huffing and taking a seat in the dirt. Obviously the doll wasn't going to come any closer, so he may as well sit. Sighing, names were brought up again that made the animal frown, "Why you gotta be so bent on something so dumb, ah? I already told ya, I'm a wild dog, not a pet. Of course I don't have a name... And its definitely not Mr.Dog, idiot."

Actually from the very start of being Todd's guard dog, the animal teased him, telling him to give him a name for the fun of it. He would always remember his cold response to that... I won't give you a name. That would mean I see you as something more than just my pawn. Man that boy could be more cruel than half the mutants in the wasteland! But after being a alone for such long periods of time, the dog felt stupid for even joking around about a name. Being kept here, Teddy really was just using him as a pawn.

Xuaniko blushed and looked down on the ground when he was called a slave. Those words hurt. But.. it wasn't like the other wasn't right. He was a doll.. a thing... something insignificant.. Shaking his head he looked up, pushing those thoughts away for now.

"Well.. want me to find a name for you? And you having name doesn't mean you are a pet. You can be simply considered a.. companion. That is if you would like to stop from biting to death every living thing that comes your way. Not very smart, however you would try to look at that. If you have brain, can talk and think then why not to use that to your advantage?", asked Xuaniko and after few moments added. "Isn't it lonely to be here.. all by yourself.. not even have someone to talk to? Or to take care of you?"

Of course the doll didn't know where this talk would lead them since it was a first time he tried to do something like that. First he was scared but now, thanks to the dog making him laugh, he was rather calm. And then some idea came to his mind and Xuaniko decided to you it.

"Also if you wouldn't have name I would need to call you Mr. Dog... and that doesn't sound really strong, does it?", inquired further the doll, wondering if it would have a result he thought it would.

A "companion" was even more impossible to call himself with Teddy than being called a pet. The more Xuaniko spoke the more it was clear that he really was stupid in the head... And he didn't like an idiot saying he wasn't very smart just because he would much rather bite than be buddies with the things that walk up to him. "I don't need nuth'n or nobody to take care of me, dolly. I do my job here and I get fed every once in a while, that's fine enough for me and Teddy. I don't need to have someone to talk to or to take care of me," the dog grunted with a smirk though, "Mr. Dog? No it doesn't sound strong, course not. It's a shitty name. Not very creative at all..." He really didn't want to be called Mr.Dog all of the time by his little twerp. It felt like an insult and it just made him more angry, so he grumbled, "You know what. Fine. If it'll shut you up, you can give me a name if you want... But I probably won't even bother to remember it after you hurry off back inside when your master comes back." Looking off the mutant continued to frown, despising the fact that the little doll would still get his way.

Xuaniko didn't really believe when the other told it was fine the it was. The other just possibly didn't realise what he was missing without having someone to take care of him or to talk to. Was he maybe someone that said he was fine while he wasn't? There were people like that so why a thinking animal couldn't be the same? The doll smiled when he was allowed to give the other a name. Nodding his head he thought for few moments what could it possibly be. The name should be nice to the ears and maybe be long enough to be shortened to a nickname.. Also it should have some dangerous meaning.

"Well... what would you say about.. Hiderigami? It is a name of spirit of drought in Japanese culture", said Xuaniko, smiling warmly as he waited for an answer. "Since you are warning Master of the rain coming I thought that would be a fitting name. It also can be shortened if you would want to have a nickname. Hmmm... there is also Amanojaku but it's a small demon that instigates people into wickedness... so it didn't make sense.. though Jaku sounds nice as a nickname. The third idea is Okami, a powerful wolf spirit that either takes your life or protects it. I can find something not connected with Japanese myths..?"

His head tilted whenever the doll mentioned culture or anything Japanese related. The mutant just wasn't knowledgable enough about anything to understand that, though he focused on the sounds of the names and he meanings. "... Well did you know I am part wolf?" The dog grunted with a smirk. No, he wasn't part wolf at all, but if one couldn't tell already, the mutt was very full of himself. He pretty much thought he was the best thing alive on the wasteland pretty much. "So I guess Okami works then. But I much more prefer taking lives than protecting them by far. I hope you always note that... And just because you have somethings to call me, don't you think that I somehow like you more or appreciate it. I don't. I just don't want to be called Mr. Dog, that's all." The doll in front of him did speak kindly and there was no way for him to possibly hurt Okami in any way, unlike Teddy. The brunet had weapons and mostly ignored him, but when he did speak to him it wasn't nice... But it's not like he was doing it for no reason. Okami was usually the one to put him in a bad mood anyways... It was a bad relationship on both ends. Okami hoped the doll would try to actually train him. He'd laugh ever harder if he did.

Xuaniko tilted his head as soon as he heard the part about being a wolf. Well... in a sense wolves canis lupus and dogs Canis lupus familiaris or Canis familiaris weren't so far apart. Though did the other know about it or was it kind of a teasing? Or something entirely different? Since he wasn't sure what to say to the creature Xuaniko just stayed quiet and then nodded his head.

"I do understand that, Okami. I still think that protecting would be nicer than eating or simply attacking everything you can but it is your choice. You are a thinking, talking creature so it's your decision..", he said, smiling softly and lowering his head at the creature. "You chose a nice name. I would be happy to call you by it. Also I must go now and try to get back inside. I bid you a good night."

That said he went back. Looking around he didn't see anything dangerous. Well... how was he supposed to get up to the window? Still.. maybe those cracks that Master talked about were big enough to get inside? Or... he could try to use one of the branches? Would they be enough to withstand his weight? He soon found himself one and started to pull it closer, letting out few gasps since it wasn't really light. Then he found another one and tried to stabilise it with few rocks. By the time he finished Xuaniko was panting. Looking at what he created the doll got on all fours and started to crawl up. One time he almost fell but in the end he was able to get on the window sill and then inside. Once again he fell from there, this time inside. Sighing he sat up and rubbed his nose and forehead. There would be a bruise.. After resting for few moments he went to the bucket since he was a bit thirsty and he probably should wash a bit after everything that had happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Blowing out air, the dog rolled his eyes once more at the doll. Who is a master-sick doll to tell a mutant animal that protecting is better than attacking everything in sight? Okami really wanted to hate Xuaniko. He wanted to stay sour at the little human that was trying to coax him into being a friend, but he had to say. He was starting to be a fan of that smile. He's never seen anything look so gentle in the world, it was an oddity and it was, in a way, refreshing. He gave a small growl when he was told goodnight just because he wouldn't play into this friendly card game, though the doll did plant a small seed in the beefy animal, even if Okami didn't know. The way the small thing was speaking, it made it sound like acting the way he was, was something a mindless animal would behave like. Todd was pretty much thinking that. Xuaniko called him a "thinking, talking creature". That... that was kind of nice... Okami gave the doll a glance before laying down on the ground, "Idiot."

Xuaniko's master wasn't seeing anything out on the land. No sounds. No lights. No nothing. It would appear that it was an easy night, but Todd knew better than to see the calm nothingness that was this view of the wasteland, there was still an entire night ahead of them. The only distressing thing that came to him was the sky. Clouds moved slow, they were filled with precipitation and radiation, it wasn't an easy burden to carry for the sky. The entire time staying still, he would look up, as if the sky would be clear again with stars. That wouldn't be happening anytime soon, Todd hoped that at the least, they'd go away by morning time. Standing up from the ground, the brunet sighed calmly, "I guess I'll just check the traps then."

The traps would normally just catch small animals, bigger things didn't come by as much as the occasional raccoon or any scavenging animal big enough to set off the trap. The things he used were mostly small landmines but there were things he had that were meant to catch whatever set them off, it was a bendable, anchored cord that would just wrap around the leg like a strong coil one it was stepped on... All of which were, you guessed it, stolen. Todd was not one to tinker, he just used whatever he found. Coming to one location after stopping by a few untriggered ones, Todd came across what looked to be a starving deer that had stepped onto the bear trap. Staring at it, he couldn't help but feel bad for it, but there wasn't anything he could do. It was injured and starving. "...Well I suppose the dog needs something to eat right about now." Taking out his knife, he stepped closer to the squirming animal. After he finished this job, he'd return back to the safe house, he didn't bet on being lucky with a second trap.