Quirk of Fate [private for me and Coffee-Tastic]

zajawa

Since he was alone Xuaniko decided to take off all of his clothes and wash. Since the water was precious thing he found himself something a bit bigger than a thimble and started to clean himself. That done he sighed and then sneezed. It was quite cold, especially after washing himself with a cold water. Still he waited for his body to dry off, doing some small exercises. Tomorrow I'll ask if we could maybe take a walk outside and maybe there would be some plants I could use. I wonder if the plant live is much different from what I know.. It could be very useful for Master if not..

Soon Xuaniko was dry enough to put his underwear on and slip under the blanket. Looking around the dark room he hid a bit more under the covers. The room seemed so empty.. and so big right now. Sighing softly he nuzzled his face into mattress and started to sing softly, feeling a warmer inside when he was doing that. It brought to mind the good times of his travels.

His mind slowed down and at last the doll fell asleep, small smile adoring his soft lips while his dreams filled up with bird songs and a laughter of the only person that showed him how it was to feel all warm inside.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zajawa

• Coffee-Tastic

A deer was pretty much impossible to find, not only were they usually raised in closed quarters of a pent up fortress, but if any of them managed to escape, they'd just be eaten by something else. Seeing this one starved meant that it got away about a week or so ago, so that was impressive... But it came to the end of it's days today. It wasn't hard to carry since it was almost entirely all bones, and he didn't have to change his pace of fast walking because of any weight issues. Todd came by to the hideout, his steps gaining the attention of the mutt, who licked his chops seeing the deer. "About fuck'n time, Teddy." Todd didn't reply, but his eyes gave naturally gave him a glare from the dog's behavior before throwing the deer's limp body down within Okami's range. "A deer? I feel so spoiled!"

"I'm only giving it to you because I don't need the extra meat, dog." He said, just making it clear he wasn't giving him a rare animal out of kindness.

The k-9 didn't care on that matter as long as he could have something to eat and out of the desire to bicker with the human boy, he retorted back, "That's not my name, Teddy." Okami lowered his head down, dragging the body closer to a movable range of his chain with his teeth.

Todd didn't think anything of the retort, but it ticked him off that he said such an idiotic thing, "No you don't have one, first of all. And also, even if you did, why would I care? Teddy isn't my name either you know..." He sighed, regretting saying anything because it might spark up the dog to say something else, patting off his hands on his sweater as he walked towards the , "Just shut up and eat. I'm too tired for this."

Okami grunted at Todd. He could respond... tell him that he did have a name, that it was Okami, but with the blond's frustration, he realized that if he mentioned to Teddy that Xuaniko wasn't a regular doll and that he had come outside, he was sure he'd never see the mini lad again. Not like that mattered... The doll might prove to be decent company.

Todd left the dog behind without looking back, entering the wrecked, old home. The first thing he did, of course was look around for Xuaniko. It didn't take too long though, to his liking, because he found the small doll sleeping on the mattress. He was tense the entire time he was outside, as he always was, but seeing a pure soul sleeping soundly like that was a fast remedy, giving him a false sense that things weren't as bad as they were. He placed his gun and backpack down at the side quietly to not make too much noise. He kept his shoes on since he wasn't planning on going to sleep, but he sat down on the chair next to the mattress, watching Xuaniko soundly sleep as if it were actual entertainment. Xuaniko and him just met, sure, but the moment he saw how innocent he was, that was the moment he told himself he'd take good care of him.

Sleep was more rare for him than a deer to Todd. The lack of sleep, the paranoia and stress feeding into the dark rings under his thick lashed, yellow eyes. But this time instead of staying up all night to keep watch, he eventually leaned back in the chair, knocking out quickly. Luckily for him, nothing troublesome would be coming near the safe house for the entire night.

(Sorry I needed to change the color of Todd's dia. to make it more easy on the eyes)

As the morning came Xuaniko was slowly waking up, stirring under the covers a bit and at last sitting up. Yawning, after covering his lips with his perfect hand, he then rubbed his eyes and took a look around. First he was a bit lost and didn't know where exactly he was but then his mind slowly woke up, especially when seeing Master sleeping on a chair. Xuaniko smiled happily and reached to a blanket, deciding to cover the other male. It wasn't easy but he climbed on Todd legs and started to pull it, huffing a bit since it wasn't easy for someone as small as he was now. At last the doll finished his task only to trip and fell on the floor.

For few moments Xuaniko didn't see a thing, all the air knocked out of his lungs as well. Luckily it passed few moments later. With a small pout he reached to his rear and massaged it. Standing slowly up the doll sighed. Being so small was sometimes such a headache. Everything seemed big, dangerous.. and hard to do. For example he would try doing something for Master but what could he really do? Thinking it all over he decided that sweeping wouldn't be a good idea since making a broom wasn't really that hard. Still to find the right materials he would need to go out.. Then his eyes rested on small pieces of material. The water was on the place so Xuaniko started to clean the floor, just the way he used to clean dojo so long ago. The planks were all smooth from so many people walking for so many years so it wasn't that hard to do. Xuaniko was still only in his underwear so the bruise from the time he fell out the window could clearly seen on his perfect skin.

Sleep deprivation could only go so far, even in a over-stressed soul like Todd. The last time he got decent rest was the last blue moon. With Xuaniko's presence making him calm, his body was able to become relaxed enough to sleep the entire night and even most of the morning, completely dead asleep until he was well rested and his body felt recharged at 100 percent. When he woke up, he felt confused because he swore that he merely closed his eyes for a blink, yet the light was coming in through the planks of the windows, meaning the day time, obviously. Rubbing his face, then his eyes, he looked around. Xuaniko wasn't in bed anymore... And there was a blanket over him. His semi-long hair had a cowlick from his head being laid against the chair, but scratching his head, it was going away, "Xua...Aaa~" a yawn interrupted him, a tear hitting the end of his eye, "...niko?" How did he manage to get the blanket on him? It must not have been so easy, but he didn't feel it was necessary to bring it up... It was a very kind gesture though...

He dropped the blanket back down on the mattress, getting up and looking for him. When he saw him, he didn't quite to expect to see a few things. The living doll nearly naked, him cleaning the floor and seeing a noticeable bruise on his body. For the first, he didn't know why he really decided to not put his clothes back on. Perhaps he just didn't want to get them wet, but it still was just something he wasn't expecting. Washing the floors... why? It was uncessesary and it was kind of wasting the water supply. And the bruise? Seeing him in each of those ways gave many sparks of different things in him, but ultimately, he was very concerned. And, well, angry... He wanted to desperately protect the other, yet already, something happened to him that tainted his perfect, pale skin. And he wasn't around to stop it from happening. "Xuankio! What happened to you? What is that?" he was careful on the wet floor, coming to him and getting on his knees, "How did you get a bruise like that?"

Of course the doll could hear the soft, sleepy sound that for him was a bit louder than for Todd. With last move he finished cleaning the floor, it clearly being of a brighter colour. Straightening he stretched, his back cracking softly at that. All the dirty pieces of material were put in a big pile in the corner of the room and the rest of the water in the bucket was still good to drink since he found a way to use it to cleaning without dirtying it.

Then Master approached him, making Xuaniko look up at him. Was the other male... angry? And then the questions came, making him tense up. Oh no... I should think of that earlier.. When confronted by such a direct questions Xuaniko couldn't lie. First of all he liked his new master and wouldn't want to do something like that. And the second was actually that he was mentally conditioned by one of his previous masters to tell the truth when being asked precise questions. There was also a third reason - Xuaniko never was good in lying.

Looking on the floor he squirmed a bit, obviously nervous.

"I... I am sorry, Master. I was looking through the w-window.. at night and I tripped... falling o-o-outside. I fell on my back.. I climbed back inside, using a branch..", he answered, his arms slumping. "I... didn't do it on purpose... It was an accident.. Forgive me.. it wasn't to defy your orders"

Frowning, he listened to the explanation, displeased to even hear he fell from the window. It wasn't far from the ground for any ordinary person, but Xuaniko was so small. He was delicate and a height like that, even from that height, managed to leave a bruise on his perfect body. He sighed heavily, putting a hand over his face and dragging it off, "Xuaniko..." He uttered, shaking his head. It was hard not to be angry and frustrated when it was clear the doll clearly felt bad and was nervous at his behavior. He tried to tone it down, but he still came off as incredibly annoyed. "I don't want you going to those windows again. They aren't safe! I get that you don't want to defy my orders, so don't disobey this new one. No going to the windows again. You can't see the bruise, but come on," he sucked his teeth, taking Xuaniko and turning him around to see his back, "There are so many things to be careful of and the first thing that got you was falling down from a window. You're small and you need to be more careful about the things you do. I want to do my best to protect you, I can't have you getting yourself hurt. I can't protect you from that if I'm not around! Just don't make this harder for me, Xuaniko."

Taking a deep breath to calm down more, he set him down and rubbed his head, muttering, "You're not stupid.... You're a smart little thing. You can be more careful. Can you please do that for me? Pretty please?"

Xuaniko flinched at the tone of voice of his new master and gasped softly when being picked up like that. His arms slumped when there was more and more said. Only when he was sat down and his head rubbed he dared to look at Todd, relaxing a bit since he didn't seem to be as angry as before. Soft blush crept out on his cheeks as he was called smart. Looking down at the floor he nodded his head shyly.

"Y-yes, Master. I'm sorry... I was just... curious what was outside... a-and you weren't coming for so long that... I-I'm really sorry", he said softly, glancing at the other male. "I'm sorry for making you angry, Master.."

That said a random thought about Okami popped inside his head. Since he promised to not to get close to windows how he was supposed to get out of the house to see the wolf again? After all his plan was to befriend the other and in the end making him more useful for Todd. As well as the other way around since if Okami proved to be of more use, and that he could be trusted, to Master surely Todd would take better care of him. Still how he was supposed to find a way to get out and meet with Okami if he couldn't go close to the windows? Xuaniko knew he would need to find a way..

It was hard to be angry with Xuaniko. He didn't mean to fall out the window, he didn't mean to cause him distress and... Really. How can he stay mad when Xuaniko had been on his hands and knees trying to clean the floor? He couldn't. If it was any other person, he would be, but the doll was too innocent to deserve his nasty attitude. Todd nodded his head, getting a small smile from seeing Xuaniko look like this. His shy expression and soft voice did wonders to adding to Todds admiration for the small person. "I forgive you, Xuaniko... I'm just very worried over you. My most prized possession I have, I don't want it to get hurt," he mumbled jokingly, moving hair off his face.

Todd moved his eyes around, hoping to change the subject. He was new to these feelings of someone else. Xuaniko was human, but not exactly. He was pure, unlike anyone else in the world. And he spoke in a way that somehow was able to mellow his nerves. He liked that. He liked Xuaniko even more for sure~ "Xuaniko? How long have you been cleaning the floors for?" He asked finally, "And I'm sorry to say, but you really don't have to do that. I don't care for appearances of where I'm able to have a roof over my head."

The part about him being him master's the most prized possession made Xuaniko blush and smile softly. Hearing the question the doll raised his head at last and took a look around. For how long he was at it? Looking at the window he thought about it for few seconds.

"I think few hours... And master.. Not caring about how surroundings look like is one thing.. but it isn't good for your health to sleep in such a dusty and dirty place", he paused and then looked back down. "I'm sorry... I didn't intend to admonish you in any way but... I... just want to take good care of my master's health. I apologise if that sounded insolent."

He fell silent for few moments but then looked at Todd once again.

"A-and the water is still good to drink, I've made sure about that since Master said it was hard to come around some food or water these days.. Are you... displeased with what I had done, Master?", he asked, tensing up a bit as he simply hoped he didn't do some wrong.

Waiting for the answer his heart started to beat faster while he observed Todd's face for any changes that would indicate that he was becoming angry once again.

• 2 weeks later...

His health regarding the intake of dust and dirt was at the bottom of his list of concerns. In fact, it wasn't on his list at all. But just because he wasn't concerned for it didn't make Xuaniko insolent. The care and thought the doll was putting into him was awfully thoughtful and honestly, Todd didn't know how to respond to it. He didn't really need anyone to look over his back for anything, he's been on his own for such a long time and acts of kindness on the wasteland were not "kindness", rather it was usually an act of self interest. Xuaniko... Todd only wondered in how many more ways the brunet will be able to stump him.

Todd's eyes stayed on Xuaniko for some time, looking at his glossy eyes and tensed up little body. He really was afraid of making his master displeased. The boy never met anyone so inclined to make him happy like this. "Don't worry about what I think about it... Just don't bother with unnecessary things, Xuaniko," he muttered, finding himself rubbing the doll's head softly to ease him down, "It's me taking care of you, all you have to do is be careful with yourself until I manage to find you some books to read to kill time with. I plan on going out to the city again and I'll keep my eyes open." Speaking of keeping his eyes open, he looked up from the floor towards one of the windows. There was no sunlight coming in from it at all. So yeah, he should make one more visit to the city before the rain comes, whenever that will be. To his best estimate, Todd would say next morning or tomorrow afternoon, but it was impossible to predict when it really would begin.

When the big hand reached to him he had no time to react but then the pink, soft lips formed into a smile. Then Xuaniko's eyes glistened when he heard about books. Now that would be really nice, to sit down and relax while reading something interesting. But then he remembered what master said earlier.

"But Master.. Didn't you say that it is very dangerous in the city and it is best to keep away from them?", he asked, actually quite concerned with Todd's well-being. "Is it really alright to go there once again?"

Xuaniko really liked his new master. He seemed to be a rather nice person.. and the things he said about protecting him were quite new for the doll. It was really refreshing and made him feel... secure. The brown haired male did want that feeling to remain for as long as it was possible to. Seeing Master was looking at something Xuaniko followed his line of sight and realised it was the window that the other was focusing at.

"Is something wrong, Master? Did something happened outside?", he asked, wondering if maybe there was something he didn't notice since he was so new to this world. "Is there some creature?"

"A what?" he came back to looking at Xuaniko, then shook his head when he processed what he was asking, "No, no creature. It's just the weather... It's probably going to rain soon." He needed not to say again what happens to him when it rains, so he only gave the doll sized man a warning of what his orders are, "When it does, don't stay near the windows at all, you'll get sick and if you fall out again, even more so. Just stay inside and let me be in the room by myself to deal with my reaction." He sighed. Todd wasn't looking forward turning into a vulnerable state around Xuaniko at all. He was the protector and he wanted to be seen as that too. And the protector wasn't supposed to be vulnerable. Todd would just tell the doll not to come in the room while it was happening, hopefully Xuaniko would listen and his image wouldn't be ruined.

Scratching his hair, Todd put on a little smile to help ease Xuaniko, "But anyways. Yeah, the city is dangerous, but I'm careful. I don't do anything risky unless I need to. But I only plan to scavenge this time, so I won't be trying to go near any people." He began standing up, letting out a yawn as he did so. Todd still couldn't believe he slept for so long. Discipline and fear normally kept him awake, Xuaniko's face had snuck past his defenses and knocked him right out. Now there was no excuse to be slow, Todd had eaten and slept. "Since I don't want to be out when it rains, not even a chance of that, it's best if I go now." It'll start getting dark faster since the sun isn't up, this was more of a reason why he should leave sooner. "Will you be okay by yourself this time, Xuaniko? I'll try to be back a soon as I can so you don't die of boredom."

Xuaniko nodded his head when he heard that it would be soon raining. Remembering what Todd said before he nodded once again, especially when he was told to not go next to the windows or near Master. It made him a bit nervous since he would like to help the man but since he said he was feeling so awful he doubted there could be anything he could really do for him. Potassium would surely help, from what Xuaniko remembered, but he wasn't sure from what he could take that from. Then the doll thought about it a bit more. It wasn't like everyone would know... but wasn't it a long time since the catastrophe in this world happened?

"Uhm... Are there still some medicaments here?", he asked curiously and then added. "Or any way to find potatoes seeds?"

Still he wondered if it even existed in this world. But.. it should, right? It wasn't much different from Earth he knew... aside the thing about nuclear explosion..

Xuaniko nodded yet once again when he was told about scavenging and all. He was happy that master wouldn't be in much of a danger. Thinking about talking with Okami a bit more he looked up, his deeply green eyes focusing on Todd.

"Will you be gone for long, Master?", he asked softly and then added. "Please, take your time. I don't want Master to be in danger because he tries to hurry and come back."

As always Xuaniko didn't really think of what he wanted to do when Todd was gone, he simply wished for his safe and quick arrival.

"No seeds. And everything in that chest over there is all of the medical supplies I have..." Potatoes he knew of, they were out there somewhere but he never had any before. He got that Xuaniko was just asking, but it was somewhat annoying to hear him ask for things he cant ever get, nor has ever had. Also, it only made it seem like the world he was in before Todd was so much better and that he was just unlucky to have been born in this life, which he always felt like in the back in his head but he knew better than to dwell on those kinds of things, they were beyond useless.

Listening to the doll's worry, he chuckled, "I'm probably far more careful than I need to be when I'm out." Though really, there was no such thing as being too careful in his standards, he only wanted Xuaniko to ease up, "Remember the procedure when I'm gone and if something approaches or enters please... Wish me luck as well, Xuaniko. I dont want to have wasted time on a scavenge job..." And time was precious. Todd really did wish for the ability to tell which ideas were better than others at any given time. Going to the door, he picked up one of his feet and adjusted the straps on his rough, black boots, taking his bag up from the ground. He was going to keep the gun here since this task didn't require it, if he got in trouble, he was going to simply run. He was feeling a lot stronger after eating, Todd really did catch a gold mine yesterday.

Speaking of food, he nearly forgot... what he fed Xuaniko... looking at the doll for a moment, his yellow eyes passed towards the floor. It didnt feel like that happened, but it did. The first time he let anybody do anything sexual with him. How weak was he to Xuaniko? A lot more than he must have been thinking so far.

Xuaniko noticed other male tensing when he asked about the meds and potatoes though before he was able to think of asking about it his other question was answered. Then the doll tilted his head. What Todd thought when talking about the procedure? Maybe not going near the windows? Or was it about escaping from the house if something went inside? Still the other started walking before he was able to gather his thoughts so he followed. Then he bowed his head.

"Most of luck, Master. I will be waiting for your safe return", he said, smiling softly and he looked up at Todd. "Itterasshai, Master."

Smiling he waited for the door to shut and sat down on the floor. Thinking for few moments he decided to see how was Okami doing. Since he promised to not to go to the windows he started to look on all the walls, looking if there were any cracks and such he could squeeze through. The house was old but if there would be such places wouldn't Master close them, so nothing would get inside? Not sure about that he still decided to search.

• 3 weeks later...

"... You too..." Todd muttered with hesitance, for he had not a clue what itterasshai meant. He might not know what it means at all, bit it felt like a lighthearted thing to hear, so he just left it as it was. Xuaniko would never saying But after that, he left the house so he could get on track to what he actually planned to get done today. Todd told Xuaniko to be very careful, this time, he trusted that when he came home, he will be inside and perfectly fine with not even so much as a little scratch on his little body. He swore. He wished he could lock up Xuaniko somewhere so he'd truly be safe for good. There was always the chest, but Todd would never do that, it would be the same as locking him up in a dark room with nothing to do... But if he were in the chest, there was no possible way for him to get hurt, not even by accident.

N-No, I can't think like that... he's technically a person. I have to think of him as a person, not an object...

Shaking his head and frowning, Todd walked faster. He easily past Okami, the giant mutt snoozing after actually having supper, and settled on his way to the town. It was still early, even if the clouds that blocked the harsh sunlight made it seem otherwise, so he thought he'd slip his way towards the halfway point of the city and the other end. The street centers he avoided for good measure. He avoided the streets altogether in fact, moving along allies and windows and rooftops~ all to avoid being easily seen. But his main goal today was actually proving stronger than his desire to keep safe. What he needed was something for his little friend.

Xuaniko was quite surprised when he moved one of the old, dusty boxes standing in the corner and discovered a crack being enough for him to go out without problem. Pushing and pulling the boxes was quite hard thing to do but still he managed to do that just fine. Getting out he looked around, making sure there was no creatures around. Wanting to make sure that nothing went in when he was gone Xuaniko found few sticks and put them in the crack. If anything would go inside that would let him know. Nodding his head with a happy smile he headed to the place Okami was last.

Soon he saw the wolf and smiled. Once again he sat down where the other couldn't reach him with his claws or sharp teeth. Looking around he made sure what hour it was before talking.

"Good morning, Okami. Did you sleep well? How are you feeling today?", he asked, wanting to ask normal questions since he knew those were the safest ones. "Do you think it would be raining soon?"

That asked he kept on looking at the wolf, smiling softly. The other really smelled badly but Xuaniko saw something much different in the beast, his eyes were noticing much different things that could be seen from the outside.

• 4 weeks later...

It was unfortunate for an animal to slowly die on the wasteland, but it was more of a loss for that animal not to be used in all ways that it could before becoming a mound of bones. Of course, that just meant Okami was glad Todd brought back a tasty meal that wouldn't fight back. The gunshot wound in the head the blond boy gave the animal gave off a scent he smelled from a mile away. Having food again after a while, to say in the least, it put Okami in a very good mood. Upon seeing Xuaniko again, the mutated k-9 didn't try to appear threatening, keeping himself laid on the ground with a bone between his two paws that had acted as his pillow for the night.

It was actually kind of good to see this small person again. Not just because it helped verify that Okami wasn't hallucinating yesterday, but because he felt like talking. "Im quite myself, dolly," he huffed with a grin that looked disgusting in comparison to Xuaniko's soft and gentle smile. "And yeah, I do. Can't you smell it in the air?" Okami didn't sound concerned for it. And he wasn't. Being a mutant, radioactivity didn't affect him whatsoever, so when it rained the only bother it gave him was being drenched and unable to get under anything.

Xuaniko smiled when he saw Okami with his bone and talking with him rather in a normal, calm fashion that made the conversation much more pleasant. Then he shook his head.

"I am afraid I do not possess such a good smell as you, Okami", he said as his smelling sense went to normal level from the time he was woken up by Todd. "Also I only started to learn about this world so there is a lot of things I don't know and wouldn't notice because of it. Still I hope you can teach me this and that, I would gladly learn from you."

That said he smiled a bit more. Yes, Okami really seemed fine and it would be a good idea to convince him to be more 'civil' and play for Master's team. It would mean additional protection for Todd as well as better everyday life for the wolf. The thought of it made him really happy, making the green eyes glisten. Then he thought about washing Okami. Would he be able to do that? Thinking for few moments Xuaniko needed to say no. For starters he wouldn't even be able to carry the bucket by himself and that was the basic thing. And... they would need to some washing solution, wouldn't they? Mhm.. When he would get better acquitted with the beast and would be sure of him then he would tell Master everything and ask him to help and wash Okami.

(Sorry I can't do color for now, but at least Okami doesn't have a crazy color like Todd or Rayune xD )

The idea of the little human looking up to him in such a way made Okami feel larger and better, unlike when he was around Todd. So he took it on quite well. "I bet you would... Yeah sure." And he wouldn't say, but Xuaniko was the kindest thing he met in his life, he didn't want to limit this because the doll did something stupid or broke. "It's kinda easy though. As long as you aren't a moron, you'll be fine. Don't trust anyone, when you see dark clouds, get cover, don't drink water you see unless the source is safe... Not that it matters to me, but I doubt you'll be fine if you drank radioactive water, heheh. And when it starts to rain, you better get inside."

Rain time again. Now that he thought about it... "That boy calls me'n idiot all the time, yet the kid goes out when the clouds are like this. He's either going to get stuck in the city or get caught in the rain if it comes down soon." Okami chuckled and shook his head, gnawing on the end of the bone, muttering, "Not that I give a damn, it's his life he's toying with."

Don't trust anyone, when you see dark clouds, get a cover, don't drink water from unsure sources. It seemed simply. Xuaniko smiled when he heard the beast's animalistic chuckle. It was nice to see Okami relaxed and in good mood. At least someone in this unforgiving land was quite happy and sate. Then Xuaniko frowned hearing about Master getting caught in the rain. Looking around them he then glanced at the wolf once again.

"A-are you sure..? Master wouldn't be able to come back before the rain comes? He said he tends to feel really badly when it is raining... wouldn't it mean he would die when trapped in the city?", he asked, squirming a bit as he started to get nervous. "Okami?"

The green eyes looked at the wolf, all innocent and full of worry. Xuaniko didn't really realise that someone could find it adorable and he could use something like that to manipulate anyone. The doll was too innocent for his own good sometimes.

"Hmmm...." He chewed the end of the bone, studying the dolls face with a poker face. What was up with this? How can something so innocent and cute like Todd? Todd was quite horrible in his eyes. Okami wished his next words were true. "Very possible. I don't think he'd make it not one bit..." He chuckled, leaving the bone here and standing on his four paws, "I didn't think I ever heard someone in true agony until I heard that boy during a storm. He screams and wails... I can hear it perfectly in my ears, even from over here." He slowly walked over to Xuaniko's pure self, hoping to see him lose more of his cool. But it was true that he has heard Todd in total pain. He's never came across anyone who experienced pain when it rained, especially when they were sheltered. By the sounds of Todd, Okami wouldn't be surprised that one day the boy never came back out of that little run down house.

"Yea, dolly... If he was in the rain, he'll have a very bad time before ending up dead. He might even sizzle into bones for all I know." He sat down a few feet away from Xuaniko, tilting his head, "What would you do then?"

Not making it back...? Xuaniko's green eyes widened and then a sadness could be noticed within all the emotions. Who could know how pain tasted better than him? Agony that left you crying and gasping for breath. That would make you beg anyone to just end your suffering? Xuaniko shuddered and pushed those memories away. There were things he wished to forget that ever happened and that was one of them. Sighing softly he shook his head at Okami's question.

"There would be nothing to do. When Master dies I die as well. Would b-become just a lifeless doll again... would just be..", he said, his voice barely audible in the end as he looked down, his arms slumping.

Very disturbed by the thought he fell silent, frowning. What could he do? He needed to safe Todd, to make him come back before it would be too late. But how could he do that with this small body of his? Then he slowly looked up at Okami, his green eyes glistening with hope.

"I-if I would free you... would you run and warn him to come back...?", he asked softly and added pleadingly. "Please.. I don't want to die... and don't w-want Master to die. You're the only one that can safe him, Okami.."

Okami's eyes widened, not getting a satisfying response at all. He didn't care for human life whatsoever. All humans were basically horrible in his head, ironically that's also how Todd felt more than half of the time, and he didn't care if Todd died... But for once he felt really guilty for saying what he did, which might be true the more he thought about it. That face really got to him, what could he say. Todd can die, that was fine, but Xuaniko was pleasant and innocent, enough where the thought of him dying mixed with the short silence actually made the animal comfortable, looking to the side with his one healthy ear flattening against his head. With Xuaniko looking back up at him, Okami also looked at him, the hope in the doll's eyes making him curious what he was thinking of.

"... A-Are ya really serious?" Okami stared at Xuaniko in disbelief. Caring about the doll was one thing. Running away upon freedom was something else. Okami always daydreamed that the day Todd allowed him to go, he would turn at him and rip off his face, and none of that involved a pure doll that he had an odd instinct to protect over, nor helping that blond boy from being caught in the radioactive rain. He looked off in the direction Todd went, the city, and shot his gaze back at Xuaniko's pleasing expression, in clear dismay. "W... What if he shoots me or someth'n?" he shook his head, "No. That boy doesn't want my help. He'll be fine."

"Please, Okami. Just like you don't want to be alone he doesn't as well. I'm sure of it. Just both of you doesn't really know how it feels like to be accompanied by someone else. And wouldn't it be nice to safe someone instead of killing or something... Please, Okami. I know you are a good person", he said, actually meaning every word he said while he didn't think much of calling the wolf a person.

After all he was thinking and feeling just fine so for Xuaniko he was a person. Getting a bit closer to Okami he looked at him pleadingly once more.

"Please?", asked the doll once again.

Standing there he knew that if Okami would want to he could catch him between his canines and crash his body. Still he somehow knew that the wolf wouldn't do that, having that feeling deep down. Not sure what he could say more he stood there, hoping for a positive answer this time.