The factory (Private)

ZX-MetalMonster

Bram only then noticed the drinks and wondered at what point the waiter had come by, he hoped for his friend's sake that they wouldn't end up the main topic of rumours. While he was capable of emptying his glass in a matter of seconds and knew he wouldn't be affected by just that he was unsure what impression doing so would give and in stead only took a long sip. He knew it would be awkward to talk about the kiss they'd shared abut his curiosity got the better of him. "Have you ever done that before?" He asked and cursed himself for seeming so confident about it too.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZX-MetalMonster

• virtualoo

Timothy was taking a small sip out of his glass as he usually did with drinks. He liked to be careful most times and limit himself as to not get too drunk. When he heard Bram ask, he coughed a little as his drink almost went down the wrong pipe. "Well..no actually. I have only kissed a handful of people in my life and I do not think I kissed them In such a way.." he spoke quietly to Bram

-"That's not what I had in mind..." Bram admitted in a whisper but wouldn't explain that he was trying to find out if his friend had interest in men and not how many time's he'd kissed before. "Though I hope you at least liked what we ended up doing." He added with a smirk, teasing the other man again just as he'd promised he would.

Even while trying to take it slow, he was finished with his drink shortly and then waited patiently for his comrade to do the same.

Timothy looked a bit confused for a moment and it slowly started to dawn what he could have meant by his previous statement. "Oh....oh!" Timothy said with a small blah before calming himself quickly. "I did..I have a preference for men who can kiss. Never liked women personally, more as friends" He shrugged lightly. Why would he ask all of a sudden?

Bram nodded lightly and was glad he hadn't pressured the other man into something that was unpleasant for him through their game. He would have had something to apologize for if his friends answer had been different and at least to him the situation would had become much more awkward.

-"I won't pester you about that any more." He promised simply, got up to walk over to the waiter to pay for both their drinks and exchange a few words with the man along the way. This person wasn't a stranger so it was not unusual for them to have ended up having a brief conversation before he returned to his comrade.

Timothy gathered his thought for a moment as he tried to calm himself. He would have to be careful if he challenged him to any more challenges of who would back down first. It seemed they were both strong willed opponents who would stop at nothing to win. At least he doesn't give up easily..Timothy thought as he took one last sip of his drink and walked toward Bram.

For the first time since they'd met earlier that day Bram grew quiet and silence settled between them while he lead the way to the place gatherings were usually organized. He didn't mean to make his comrade uncomfortable but for a moment he was lost in thought considering what the topic of the meeting might be. When his attention did return to his friend he smiled softly but only for a short moment to apologize for briefly ignoring him.

"I'm hoping the meeting is at least somewhat interesting" Timothy said with a sigh, never liking meeting that much. He liked to be moving and be with the tanks. Meetings were fun if at least involved some talk of action or anything interesting and not routine day briefings. "We should do this again sometime..The hanging out part" He joked with a small laugh.

Bram gave his comrade another one of his mischievous smirks and this time there was very obviously something unspoken behind the expression. "Don't get your hopes up, the only time a meeting is exciting is when enemy tanks are so close they are already in someone's living room." He joked and paused for a moment before smiling wider. "We can hang out whenever you like though." Bram assured his friend and hoped he was intending on meeting with him again in the future. It would be a shame if they both returned to only saying hello to each other and never stopping to even talk to one another.

Timothy didn't register anything hidden behind the mischievous smirk he was giving off. "Definetly again sometime..we will have to find each other when we are free. Nothing eventful in the meeting means more free time I hope" He laughed and stretched out his arms. "Welp..time to head off then or walk and talk while we go?" He shrugged, trying to make conversation.

-"We've just got back so they'll give us some free time even if there's trouble." Bram assured his friend though he also wondered if that meant they would be left to rest properly or only be given a short while without work just so they wouldn't have the right to complain later on. "Besides that, we might just see each other around the factory again." He added and could recall running into the other man often before, though without ever talking to him like he did now. He didn't bother to explain that he preferred they talk as they go and only started walking.

"Right" Timothy said as he started to walk with him. He tried not to think of the tanks and the work that would have to be done later. For now he wanted to enjoy the conversation he was having with the other and not worry about work. "So.." Timothy started to speak, not one for conversation starters. "Um..." He tried to grasp at any topic he could think about now. "So..what..do you..like to do in your free time? I hope not kissing everyone in your challenges" He laughed awkwardly.

Bram turned his attention to his comrade and smirked already while the man tried and failed a few times to start a conversation. Once his friend did string together a full sentence though his playful expression became fully justified.

-"No, don't worry, I only do that with you." Bram assured the other man and winked at him, hoping to cause him to blush. He knew it was mean of him to mess around with his friend but it had been a while since he'd last had so much fun with someone.

-"I mostly sit around like a lazy old man." He answered honestly with a small shrug. "I do help out around the factory too sometimes..."

"H-Hey, I'll pretend you didn't say that with those sweet talking lips of yours" Timothy blushes softly and stuck out his tongue rather child like in a teasing manner. "At least a lazy old man is hopefully not being perverted or can you get even more perverted? Don't answer that I don't want to know" He joked with a hardy laugh. "Well then, I guess see you when I see you ?" He asked Bram

Bram could have continued teasing his comrade, it was very easy and seemed almost as though the other man was inviting him to be playful. However he estimated it was enough for one day and restrained himself for saying out loud the suggestive and borderline flirtatious comments that ran through his mind.

-"How about tomorrow?" Bram offered suddenly, unwilling after all to wait for them to meet by chance. "If you would like to meet me again I'll be where we were today for some time."

"Tomorrow?" Timothy asked, surprised st the sudden invitation to hang out. "I'd like that! Drinks are on me tomorrow so let's get wasted" He joked while he laughed some more. "See ya then Bram" He smiled as he went to turn and go back toward the meeting and hopefully his bedroom after so he can relax and sleep.

Bram waved goodbye to his friend as he turned from him, still smiling widely at his final comment, even laughing quietly. Considering what they ended up doing before the waiter even brought their drinks he wondered what the result would be if they really were to end up drunk.

Feeling fully unenthusiastic about the meeting that he was sure was nothing important he allowed himself to skip the gathering and headed back home. It wasn't a long walk to the small space he inhabited and he grinned at the empty room as soon as he came in, glad to finally be in reach of a comfortable bed, running water and fresh clothes.

Timothy was not one for skipping a meeting, liking to be on time for things and up to date on information. Nothing important so it was a rather boring pointless meeting more to recap the latest events to everyone. Timothy headed back toward his house, happy to have something to actually look forward to beyond wars and strategies and tanks. He had a friend to spend time with..and that was the best.

It took no effort for Bram to fall into the routine he followed when at home, though it wasn't much of an ordered schedule. The rest of the day passed in him making up for everything he'd gone without during his mission and he didn't mind that he wasn't being productive or useful either to the community or his own interests. It was only fair to sit around and be lazy after doing hard work for weeks.

An oddity forced him to venture outside that night though when the sound of a running motor caught his attention and he noticed the garage was still alive with it's light blazing in the night and a dozen men outside running around the tanks. It was interesting enough a scene that Bran threw on a jacket and headed outside to investigate further what was being done. After years with the machine he even felt somewhat protective of the vehicle he normally took into battle and this was why it concerned him what was being done with it.

Timothy got no sleep as shortly after arriving at his home, he was informed about something involving the tanks. Frankly, he wasn't paying much attention but went over there anyway. He wasn't quite sure what was going on, quickly inspections the various parts of the tanks one by one. Once he was at a tank, he was careful in looking it over, very precise and careful in his actions. He ignored the flurry of men as he focused on his work.

Bram concluded from the looks the other men gave him that they would have liked if he left and ignored their work. Still despite their secrecy word spread fast that they were up to something and Bram was a stubborn enough person to easily ignore a few glares directed his way.

He looked for a familiar face in the shifting crown of soldiers and thanks to knowing many of the factories inhabitants in general soon found someone who was willing to stop for a few seconds and explain, though vaguely what was being done. Even with the brief explanation his curiosity wasn't satisfied and he continued to observe the process through from a distance so not to get in the way and this is when he spotted his new friend.

-"Don't tell me you've come all the way here just because they've turned the lights on?" Bram asked as he stepped closer to the other man. True his comrade didn't live too far away but he himself wouldn't have bothered to come investigate if all of this wasn't happening across the road from his home.

Timothy was so busy working with the tanks that he did not notice Bram come into that part of the factory. With the flurry of guys around the factory and his focus on the tank, it took a moment to register that Bram had spoken to him. "Oh, hi!" He said with a smile, wiping off some sweat on his forehead. "Maybe I did..wanted to see what was up and what was going on over here. So..I'm looking over the tanks to see if anything happened with them" Timothy smiled as he stretched out his arms to get some kinks out.

Bram nodded assuming that his friend was so interested in examining the machines because he was as concerned and as curious as him about what was being done to them. He wondered though if his comrade was noticing how unhappy some of the workers around them were that they'd come uninvited.

To give his friend some hint to what he knew but without revealing that he'd gotten his hands on the information he stepped closer so they were nearly pressed together and spoke in a whisper.

-"They're adding something to a few of the tanks. Did they mention anything about that at the gathering today...? They seemed annoyed when they noticed me here and I had trouble getting them to tell me anything at all about what they're doing, so... I think it would be safe to say the upgrade is something experimental." He explained but surprised himself when he became overly aware of how close he'd placed himself beside the other man and lost track of what he was saying mid sentence.

Timothy listened at the other got closer to relay the information he had learned about the tanks. So that was it..tank improvements in secret. Maybe it was best he leave despite his tank knowledge..this may be some undercover stuff. Timothy realized how close they were and didn't mind it all that much, getting up from his position by the tank. "Might as well head home for the evening..looks like all that needs to be looked at is done here" He said with a simple shrug.

Having grown tired of the sharp glares of the soldiers and engineers surrounding him from all sides Bram nodded lightly, agreeing it was about time they'd left. He admitted it was unfair of him to be a nuisance to the men while they worked and now that he'd found his friend he could think of better ways to pass the time other than to watch unusual pieces of equipment being mounted on the tanks.

By then it was late and as mostly everyone who lived in the factory had other priorities than to be out at night no nearly no shops worked and the settlement was dark and silent. Of course Bram didn't fear for another soldier wandering around alone in the dark, however this seemed like a good excuse to be more forward.

-"I know you've already explained you live close by as well but I'm across the street from here... Would you like to stop by? It's only me there and there's more than enough space so it's no issue if we both end up asleep..." He said with a faint, friendly smile that in advanced asked for forgiveness in case the other man disliked this offer.