How to End a Frienship (Wolfdog 12 and hal7283, private, 18+)

hal7283

Still attempting to catch his breath, Arcane motioned for Aelfric to take the book and look it over. Once Aelfric had finished reading over what he could, the fairy had all but recovered. He was still magically exhausted and casting that spell again would be impossible but at least his breathing was normal again though he does look like he just pulled 2 all nighters in a row. Arcane shook his head a little as the human spoke of knowing how to make it more cost effective. 'He sounds just like Aeldric when he says stuff like that,' the fairy thought to himself.

"Aelfric, you know that's not how fairy magic works. You can't just change the flow of the spell without using different words and changing the spell entirely. The only way I'll be able to handle that spell and learn to make it last longer is to train myself and get stronger. The fact that I cast it once is impressive." He took the book and opened it to a random page that happened to be a class 4 water spell. "See, each word connects to the next creating the spell and if a word is changed the flow is different." He flipped to a wind type and began flipping between the wind and water pointing out various words. "Both of these spells start off with the same four words and end in the same 5. The words in between are all similar as well but in different orders. Now there are 2 words in the center that are different that make these different types. While the spells are similar in attack, one is clearly wind and the other water. Believe it or not it is because of the small differences."

Arcane paused and looked up to see if Aelfric was still with him before continuing. "I could reconstruct a spell by using various words but the only way to create what you want me to create is by layering spells. Not just words. I'd have to figure out how to make a hollow phoenix, create a fireball inside him... that wouldn't be hard, but then I'd have to be able to regulate both spells which is basically impossible as it is and then I'd probably need other spell types just to get it the way I wanted. All and all it would probably end up costing more energy."

An idea quickly popped into his head and before Aelfric could feel dejected from his idea being no good, the fairy quickly said, "But you could probably make it a lot better!! If I don't pour as much magic into it and add a few words to make the phoenix a bit smaller, you can use your fire magic to make it bigger and more powerful!!! Then I'd just need to focus on control!!" He was getting quite excited.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hal7283

• WolfDog12

"A combinition of human and fairy magic huh? Sounds intersting..." Aelfric smiled as he thought about the possibilities. He then looked at Arcane and said excitedly: "Well, let's give it a try then!"

The two talked over the procedures and after some back and forth they were ready to experiment. As Arcane said he created a smaller fire bird, then Aelfric conjured up his magic and added to the flame. Soon the giant flaming phoenix was formed and was under Arcane's control.

But suddenly something flew out of the room, it was a wooden construct with metal parts here and there, most notably a pair of wings flapping continuously which sent it flying in the sky. It flew around the garden almost randomly then right into the flaming bird. "Nooooooooooooo!" Aeldric rushed out of the room just in time to witness the strange object got caught up in flames and its pieces fell to the ground. He rushed towards the burnt remains of his work and said sadly: "Oh no... my 'Gloriously Wonderful Flying Machine version 1.75'...... my poor baby...."

Aelfric got beside Aeldric and said: "Sorry for your invention. But you should've asked if it was okay before you sent it flying in the garden."

Aeldric looked up, clearly upset and said weakly: "I know that much! I triggered the thing by accident when I was tweaking it...Ah...damn it....I should've been more careful...."

Aelfric sighed, putting his hand on Aeldric's shoulder. He then looked at Arcane and gestured him to come close, needing help from him to cheer Aeldric up.

Arcane had to try multiple times to even get a spark of magic. It was harder then he expected to reconstruct a spell. He then remembered he already knew a smaller spell. It was a class 2 mostly just to teach control and shape and it was very weak but at least it would work. Finally, the fairy cast the small bird that was almost snuffed out by the wind magic, however, the two magics began fighting in perfect harmony and building off one another. Soon, it was a huge bird but that didn't make it any easier to control. He was using all of his focus to regulate the bird so Arcane didn't even notice the strange machine thay came barreling out the window.

As the machine came in contact with the bird, Arcane just lost his focus and the bird burned the machine and burned away. The change took a huge toll on the fairy and it felt like his mind snapped. Arcane fell back basically unconscious but he did manage pull himself together and sit up just as Aelfric motioned him over. The fairy had a pounding headache now and was completely exhausted but he slowly got up and made his way over.

"I'm sorry about your machine Aeldric, if you want I can help you remake it. You still have the blueprints don't you?" Arcane hadn't even noticed that he was leaning into Aelfric for support. He could no longer stand on his own.

The twins noticed the condition of Arcane and quickly turned their attention to their friend. "Screw the damn thing, are you okay?" Aeldric asked worriedly as he left the remains of his machine on the ground and stood up to support Arcane.

"He's exhausted! Sorry I should've noticed how taxing the spells were." Aelfric followed quickly: "You need to rest. Come Aeldric help me carry Arcane inside."

They supported Arcane from his sides and carried him to their bedroom. Ever since childhood the twins had shared the bed, and the habit continued even after they've reached adulthood, so there was only one bed in the bedroom, though it was a very big one enough for several people to lay on. The twins set Arcane in the middle of the bed and sat by his sides.

"Guys, don't worry about me so much. Class 4 magic is just a little taxing for me, that's all." He watched as Aeldric quickly forgot about his machine and got up to help the fairy. Of course he felt bad for it but it was still nice to see his friends were clearly worried about him. As the twins moved to help him, the fairy was just about lifted off his feet by the two and carried off towards their room.

Once they made it inside, Arcane was brought to the bed and laid down in the middle, the twins sitting at either side. "You guys don't have to worry so much about me, like I said, I'm just a little tired and I have a slight headache that's all," He made an attempt to laugh is off but then quickly brought his hands to his head in pain. Before the twins could put any more worry into it though, Arcane said, "I think I'll rest for a bit. Thank you." The fairy hoped that would put them at ease as he closed his eyes slowly.

It didn't take too long for the fairy to fall asleep completely. He fell into a seriously deep sleep as well and wasn't about to be woken up by anything for the next three hours. Of course he slept for 4 but the last hour was considerably lighter and was more like his nap and if he was touched or if anything happened, he'd be able to wake up.

The twins kept a close eye on how Arcane was doing, and sighed in relief as they saw Arcane fell asleep. They looked at each other and smiled weakly, shrugging their shoulders at the situation.

Then Aelfric turned his gaze at Arcane, and Aeldric did the same. Time flew by quickly and before they realized it they were completely mesmerized by Arcane. It's the first time they got to have a closer look at Arcane since morning, and quickly they began to realize how little attention they've paid to Arcane's appearance until now. Arcane looked handsome, beautiful even, in almost an androgynous way, and his long red hair made him looked like he was radiating light and brightened the room. Their gaze fell to Arcane's lips, which was opening and closing slightly he breathed. Almost entranced they got drawn closer and closer to Arcane's face until their heads bumped against each other. Rubbing where their heads met they looked at each other awkwardly, as the pain of that collision had brought them back into reality, and not only that, they suddenly realized that somehow, for some reason, they each had a real hard on, pressing painfully against the fabrics of their pants.

".....Wow.. this is... weird." Aelfric whispered. Confused by the fact that they were turned on by their childhood friend.

"Well... if you really think of it, this isn't that surprising. I mean he is really pretty! If you ask me to choose between him and those frail and pretentious noble girls with heavy make up and stinking perfumes, I'll take Arcane in any day." Aeldric said.

"Yeah I know, but.. this is Arcane we're talking about." Aelfric said, keeping his voice as low as possible.

"A bit too late for that line of thought don't you think? Especially after what we've done this morning." Aeldric said as he tilted his head.

"That's different. We had a hard on this morning because of what we saw last night, not because we were turned on by man, especially not our friend." Aelfric answered.

The two fell silent yet again. Lowering their head in deep thoughts. Then Aeldric muttered: "We have to make sure."

"How?" Aelfric asked curiously.

Aeldric and leaned closer to Aeldfic, taking a brief look at Arcane then turned to look at Aeldfic again saying: "Let's strip him and see him naked. If we're really turned on by man, or him in particular, then our erection should stay; if not, then seeing him naked should make us soft again."

"....You know brother, you've been blowing my mind quite often recently, almost too often." Aelfric said.

"Looks like we've finally figured out which is the smarter one." Aeldric whispered proudly, and was immediately met with a knock on his head. He rubbed on where he was hit and looked at Aelfric was teary eyes: "So you're in or not?"

Aelfric nodded after a moment of thought. Then carefully the twins reached their hands to the sleeping fairy, being extremely cautious as they lifted him slightly up and pulled on the fabric of his clothes. Being researchers they certainly had steady hands good for precision work. The fact that Arcane was fast asleep due to exhaustion certainly helped. After a long and intense struggle they've finally stripped Arcane bare.

They have seen the fairy naked before, but it was ages ago when they were still very little and required help in bath. Once they've reached their puberty they stopped taking baths together, at least not with Arcane. They gulped nervously watching the naked body in front of them, starting from Arcane's beautiful face to his thin, almost frail looking neck, down to his collar bones and flat chest, with two pink nipples on each side, then to his slim waist with curves which could make most women die due to jealously. The twins moved their gaze away out of embarassment when their gazes went further down, but couldn't help but turning their eyes back, from Arcane's slim, smooth legs all the way up, and finally reached Arcane's groin. The member looked different from the hot and firm rod which the two had taken into their mouths in the morning, it was small and laid down there naturally. The twins looked at each other's face, then down at the tents on their pants.

It couldn't be any clearer at this point. They now realized with certainty that they were turned on by a man, and not just any man, but their best and only friend since childhood. They looked at each other awkardly not certain what to do.

It was that moment Arcane woke up, and the two amber eyes met with the four golden ones. The twins froze in silence and waited for the inevitable storm.

Arcane woke up and saw the twins hovering over him. They looked worried about something and the fairy smiled a bit. "Relax guys, I'm fine.... was I really out that long?" He slowly sad up and realized he was naked. For a minute, he just sat there staring in disbelief before he glanced the the sides and saw the apparent bulges in their groins. There was another awkward pause until the fairy's face turned as red as his hair and he screamed, "what the hell is wrong with you!!!!!" Arcane cast a more powerful version of this mornings spell and knocked them almost across the room. He then cast another spell but this was a wind one that nearly created a twister to throw the two out the door where the fairy quickly slammed the door and turned to get dressed.

He dropped to his knees grabbing his head and nearly passed out again. Arcane really needed to stop using his magic so much. Fairies had mana lobes in their heads and using too much magic would lead to straining it. If he strained it too much, Arcane could kill himself. The fairy held his head for a while, the bedroom door still being unlocked and he left out a soft groan. Slowly the fairy stood up again and wobbled over to bed where his clothes were now on the ground around it. Arcane started to collect everything when he noticed he was fairly hard.

'This must have been because those two were hard.... no but I don't like them like that!!! Maybe it was because of the feeling from this morning,' standing straight up. 'Fuck....' he pulled all his clothes together and just stood there trying to solve the issue. 'Crap, crap, crap!! It's getting worse.'

He knew what he had to do and walked to the door opening it slightly. "Sorry for the way I reacted......" He whispered hoping the twins were still there. "I'll help you guys solve your problem if you take responsibility for what you did...." He was just creating an excuse for them to make him feel good again. Arcane didn't know if he could pull it off on his own. Not after what caused this.

The twins wasn't really surprised by being thrown off the bed and then out of the room by Arcane's magic. They looked at each other, fearing that they've really enraged their friend.

"What... what should we do?" Aeldric asked in panic.

"What can we do? Apologize and tell the truth of course!" Aelfric said.

They got up from the floor and waited anxiously, both wanting Arcane to come out of the room soon so they could end this, and also hoping Arcane would never come out so they wouldn't have to face the storm. When the bedroom door was opened the twins got on their knees and knelt, ready to apologize, and was completely caught off guard and dumb founded by what Arcane said.

"Eh.........................................So............... heh?" Aeldric said with a almost blank expression, not quite understanding what Arcane had just said. "You'll help us to solve our....problem?"

"And.... you want us to.....take responsibilities?" Aelfric repeated what Arcane said as well, clearly still not sure of the situation.

After a moment of confusion Aelfric was the first to regain his calm. He got off from the floor and looked at Arcane saying: "Okay now... I think none of us are in the right state of mind. So let's take things slowly okay? First of all, we're very, VERY sorry for stripping you naked while you were asleep."

"Ye, yeah! Right Arcane, we're very sorry. Really!" Aeldric followed immediately.

Aelfric took a look at his twin brother and continued: "While it was Aeldric's idea... No I'm not blaming it all on you so shut it for now! Umm, where was I.. yes, while it was Aeldric's idea I'm equally responsible since I went with it. I think you deserve an explanation as to why we did it. We were.... hmm... curious? No that's not the word... confused.. yes confused! And a little bit.. scared perhaps... Cause when we looked at you while you slept we got... turned on!"

Aeldric followed quickly: "You know we're not really good with things like this, so we had to find out if... if we're really attracted to men or not, and the result was... well... I think you saw it did you?"

"Anyway, again we're sorry for doing that to you without your consent, but we really needed to know... We'll do anything in our power to make up for you. As for dealing with our boner, I think you knocking us out of the room had done it so you don't have to worry...." Aelfric said and lowered his head, followed by Aeldric doing the same.

"R-Right.... of course..." After hearing them explain, It was apparent by Arcane's softening expression that he wasn't really mad at them. Heck, he might have even done the same if he were in their shoes... even now he wanted to because he was curious if his own boner was because of seeing the twins hard or if it was just the mere thought of what they'd done to him hours before. Still, hearing the two weren't hard anymore was a little disheartening and certainly made it harder for the request the fairy wanted to make.

The whole time, the door was only slightly open with Arcane's face poked around to the opening while he hid himself behind the door but that was just because he was still naked. He looked down, face still pretty red from the experience and the heat in his body from both catching a slight fever and being so turned on. "Give me a minute," He said and shut the door completely. Arcane returned to the bed and got dressed making sure his shirt covered his boner. Now, it was really painful in his tight pants but with how baggy his shirt got at the bottom, as long as the shirt wasn't lifted or he didn't sit down, his boner couldn't be seen.

Finally,he came out of the room, his hair had fallen out of its tie and Arcane didn't bother fixing that problem. He left his long hair uncontrolled and around his slim framed body, all the way down his lower back. "I'm going to rest a bit more in my own room. You guys should go to manner's class before dinner..... Also, sorry about your machine Aeldric." He was still a bit wobbly but Arcane was managing. His wings were pulled down more then usual, the top half hidden in his hair. "You guys already apologized so that's enough. I get it that you were curious and I probably over reacted... Heck only a girl probably should have reacted that way."

The twins listened to what Arcane said and took close attention of his expression. They were relieved to find that Arcane wasn't as furious as they thought. At the same time the twin noticed the blush on Arcane's face, likely the result of being seen naked by them, but somehow it also made Arcane looked as if he was aroused, and made Arcane looked almost alluring in the twins' eyes.

"Forget about that junk. I can always make something better. And by the way, your anger was absolutely justified, regardless of your gender, what we've done was wrong, and we're really sorry about it." Aeldric said. He then looked worriedly at Arcane and asked: "You sure you're okay? You've just used those spells and exhausted yourself again. Feel free to go back to sleep in our bed. We definitely won't do any thing weird this time!"

"Yeah Arcane, I think it's better if you just rest here. Plus it saves you the trip of coming back here again at dinner time." Aelfric followed.

In any case it was indeed about time for their manner class, while they find it to be likely the most useless classes they get in their royal education, it was also one of the perfect stages for them to act out their "rudeness" and "uselessness". Plus if they skip classes too much their older brothers, most notably the crown prince, would get mad at them.

"We'll do anything to make it up to you, I'm serious!' Aeldric said as he waved goodbye at Arcane.

"Me too. See you later!" Aeldric said and followed his twin brother out of their rooms.

Arcane turned and looked back at the two who were always too aware of his mana lobe even more so then the fairy himself. They'd helped him before when he strained it... The two really were good friends to him. "Alright, I'll stay here then," he knew he was in bad shape but also couldn't look suspicious so he looked around after waving goodbye to the others leaving. Remembering that the twins had a bathroom, Arcane headed in that direction. When he walked in he almost forgot the size difference between theirs and his. The bathroom was also a mess probably from another experiment, though the shower was at least clean from when the two showered this morning.

"This place is getting cleaned as soon as they get back!!" Arcane was the one who cleaned it less then a week ago and it looked like someone had a water balloon fight with the water balloons being filled with slime, goo, and paints. He had to try and ignore it so he wouldn't end up using his magic to try and wash it.

The fairy once more removed his clothes and placed them on the toilet seat where it was at least mostly clean or at least whatever was on it was dried. He then went and showered jerking himself off thinking about the two. Realizing his mind wasn't just on how the two made him feel but when he was making them feel good, it was scary. Arcane almost wanted to ignore his hard on and hope it went away but of course, it didn't and he ended up coming thinking about them. "Crap... Do I really like them like that?" He quickly pulled his hand away and washed up clearing his head before getting out and getting dressed.

The fairy couldn't take the look of the bathroom so he got dressed and hurried out with the towel still drying his hair. There was still 40 minutes left of the twins' class so Arcane sat on the couch and placed his armor to the side. He almost always wore it but right now he wasn't feeling it so the crimson-haired male just placed it on the table and focused on drying his hair. "I forgot... these two wouldn't have a hair brush...."

The twins were late for class, on purpose, and thei teacher had long gotten used to it. After the long and boring class was over the twins hurried out of the classroom while over hearing the other princes and nobles pointing at them giggling, mentioning something about an shitty estate in the middle of nowhere. But the twins didn't pay much attention to them, as they're more worried about their empty stomach, and more importantly, about filling their empty stomach of Arcane.

When they returned to their room they find Arcane waiting on the couch. "Hello Arcane, feeling better now?" Aelfric asked as they approached. It was still a bit awkard for the twins to face Arcane after what happened earlier, thankfully they were saved by the knock on the door as the servants delivered their dinner. They each got their food and sat around the table, still awkard.

After a short while Aeldric scratched his head and groaned, then he said to Arcane: "So, umm... I know you said our apologies were enough, but it's still awkard unless we actually get even. So is there anything we can do? Anything you want?"

"I'm alright. I just have to make sure not to use any more magic for the day," he replied to Aelfric. The fairy still had the towel over his head but he finally pulled it off and continued to look straight ahead so he wouldn't have to look at the twins. There was such an awkward feeling in the room that it was almost sickening. Arcane couldn't think of anything that he wanted right away but then something came to mind.

"There actually is something I want you guys to do." He turned to them looking pretty agitated. "You guys have to clean your bathroom!!!! I was in there not even a week ago and left it spotless!!! I have no idea which project you guys were working on and I don't care!! How the hell did you make it that messy? I made sure it was so clean and you guys can't even maintain it for a single week...."

Arcane sat back down looking completely defeated. He didn't usually complain about messes like this so it was always pretty serious when he did. Sure he typically made the twins put away their own clothes and sometimes asked them to tidy up the main room so there was at least walking room but it was always minor things and it was pretty serious when he made the twins do anything that would require that amount of scrubbing.

"When you're done, or you feel like you lost to the mess and can't get it clean, can you guys come sit over here with me?" He was looking down now at the towel in his hands and gripped at it. Arcane's emotions had switched again and he didn't seem too angry, even about the bathroom.

The twins was dumb founded at what Arcane said and froze for a moment, then hey began laughing uncontrollably. "You could ask anything! Anything you want and...ha ha.. you want us to clean our bathroom?" Aelfric smiled as he held his stomach, which was aching due to laughing so hard.

"Ah..Arcane you're the best!" Aeldric said as he wiped the tears off the corner of his eye.

The twins quickly clamed down however, not wanting to upset Arcane again. After they finished dinner they got to the bathroom, with water buckets and soap and mop in hand they looked at the mess in front of them. Then they looked at each other weakly.

"Say.. brother, I never did asked about how you made this mess in the first place." Aeldric asked.

"Well... you know, things tend to happen if you mix chemicals together, especially highly volatile ones." Aelfric shrugged his shoulders. "Good thing I knew this may happen and decided to do it here. Imagine this happening in the middle of the lab!"

"Good thinking... I suppose." Aeldric said, taking the mop he said: "Now let's get this thing over with."

The two began cleaning, despite their royal birth they were not complete strangers in such menial matters, a result of their mother's influence, as well as their isolationism preventing other servants to do such things for them. About half an hour later they emerged from the bathroom rather exhausted. However seeing the red of Arcane's fiery hair instantly brought smiles on their face.

"It's done! Clean and spotless!" Aelfric said as he sat beside Arcane on the couch.

"It's so clean you can use the bathroom wall as mirrors." Aeldric chuckled slightly as he sat on the other side of the Arcane.

"Sorry for not being the flashy type that asks for jewels or the lazy type that asks for a few days off." Arcane wasn't irritated by what they said but instead, he sounded sassy and grinned at the two like he was some kind of sadist. The fairy got off the couch to be able to eat dinner but when the two left to start cleaning, the fairy continued eating slowly. He finished 5 minutes later and sat back on the couch after hanging the towel on a drying rack. His hair was still a mess and would require some serious brushing later but it didn't matter.

It didn't seem to take long for the twins to return and hearing that the succeeded was a good sign. The two took their spots and Arcane smiled. "Good to hear. I like when you guys show you're not just a couple of spoiled princes. The fairy turned himself and laid his head on Aelfric's lap and had his legs over Aeldric's lap. He'd laid like this before but it certainly has been a few years. Arcane looked up at the twins a little more relaxed.

"Honestly guys, I'm not mad at you. I've known you way too long to get upset over a little curiosity. Now, if you had suddenly stripped a maid, you guys would probably be drowning right now. I'm your friend and that being said, you could have just asked and..... well I can't garentee anything but at least I wouldn't have attacked you guys like that." He raised one of his hands towards the two so they could grab onto his hand.

"It can't be helped, you two are just a couple spoiled shut in princes." Arcane laughed but had to quickly calm himself down so he wouldn't make his headache any worse.

The twins were genuinely surprised when Arcane laid down on them, and smiled gently. It has been years since Arcane last done this, and it instantly brought back so many memoires of them together, playing, fooling around as children, and frankly not much has changed even after they've reached adulthood. While the fact that the twins now realized that they find Arcane sexually attractive certainly complicates things, being royalties and having seen all the political unions and treacheries in court, they knew very well that sex does not equal love, and they still think of Arcane as a friend and saw no reason to feel otherwise.

"Spoiled huh? Thanks for the compliment." Aeldric smiled. "And whose fault was that? Exactly who stick with us during all our upbringing and spoiled us?"

Aelfric chuckled and said: "Yeah, I don't know about wealth or education, but in terms of friendship, we're certainly spoiled. I mean not a lot of people get to have a cool magic wielding fairy for a best friend."

The twins began to giggle in unison, and looked down at Arcane's beautiful face. Then they laid back and tried to calm down and relax, but since they've just discovered that they were sexually attracted to Arcane, it proved to be quite difficult. But they kept their calm with surprising discipline. After a short while however Aelfric looked down at Arcane again and asked: " Can I ask you something Arcane, remember you said that you were willing to..... 'solve our problems'? Does that still count? I'm not saying right here right now, like ... when you're in a better condition and in the mood and such..."

"Not many people can handle such a cool, magic welding fairy like me!!" He laughed and when he calmed down again, he looked up and his eyes met the twins' they looked back and he looked to the side. Once everyone was back to a calm state, it was easier for them to continue talking. Of course the next thing brought up was Aelfric bringing up the offer Arcane had made several hours earlier. He looked straight up at the one who asked and seriously thought about it.

When it looked like Arcane wouldn't answer as he turned his head, he finally said, "alright, I'll help you out and only because we're friends and I'm not about to have you guys doing something too stupid." He looked back at the twins for a moment. "Don't get me wrong, this is a case of I scratch your back you scratch mine. This is just something friends do and not because I'm your servant, got it?" He wasn't just going along with this because he had to but because he wanted to.

The fairy closed his eyes wanting to take yet another nap right where he was but he couldn't just pin his friends down and stay like that. With his eyes still closed, Arcane sat up and stood up. He needed to do something other then sleep. "We should go and do something tonight. After all this madness we need some time to relax and have some fun."

"Of course. It's only fair if all of us enjoy it." Aelfric smiled happily, then he looked at Aeldric who had the same happy expression on his face. As far as they're concerened, they've just discovered a new, fun thing to do with their best friend since childhood. But of course they have to put that fun on hold for now, as they didn't want to strain Arcane at his current condition.

They thought for a moment as to what they should do. "Well, I'm not really in the mood of loud music and alcohol, so maybe we should go somewhere a bit more classy?" Aelfric said.

"Like a moody café with slow music?" Aeldric asked.

"Yeah, something like that. Or we could see if there's any show in the opera house tonight. I'm sure we can.... persuade the owner to spare a ticket or two.' Aelfric said deviously. He then turned to Arcane and asked: "So what do you think? Any suggestions?"

"We should save the show at the opera house for another night. I'm feeling moody cafe with slow music." He smiled at them before remembering just how messy his hair was. "I'm going to go back to my room so I can run a brush through this mess. I'll meet you by the wall in about 15 minutes." Quickly waved to them and hurried out the door carrying his armor with him. He ran down the hall and lifted his wings to start flying. Luckily even though it looked like it required magic to fly since he didn't beat his wings, it didn't actually so he was able to fly down the stairs without hurting himself.

Arcane then made his way all the way back to his room and went into the bathroom and began brushing his hair. Most of the time spent was walking through the halls but he knew he could still make it to the meeting point on time. It was more effort then usual without using magic and his hair wasn't quite as smooth when tied back. Arcane couldn't seem to tie it properly so he just let it down. He wouldn't be flying or anything so he figured it was fine to leave his hair a little more free. He put on his armor just in case and hurried out to the wall.

The fairy was the first to arrive so he got low so no one else would see him before the twins so he only got up when they made it. "You guys ready to go? Successful sneak out?" He smiled at them but there was this lingering sense of fear... was it because he couldn't defend himself with his magic?

"See you at the wall then!" Aeldric said happily as the twins waved farewell to Arcane. Then they got to their bedroom and took off their fine clothes, and replacing them with clothing more common among the palace servants. Afterwards they sneaked out of their room, down the less traversed hallways and hid in the shadows when guards walked by. Quickly they arrived at their usual spot of escape and waited for Arcane to come.

Soon they saw the fiery figure of Arcane approaching, whose hair was left untied and waved in the wind as the fairy flew close. For a moment they were almost mesmerized by the sight, but soon snapped back to reality. "Let's go then!" Aelfric smiled, and as usual the three sneaked through the opening hidden by the bushes and quickly disappeared into the busy streets of the city.

They arrived at the café shortly after. It was one of the many places the three had discovered throughout the years, and had totally fell in love for the place due to its cozy atmosphere and great performances every night. While it was located near the rich neighborhoods, the owner set the price low enough so the middle class who feel like some classy entertainment could also enjoy the place. When they arrived at the café it was already quite packed, but they managed to find a table. The twins ordered some light snacks and herb tea, which was good for relieving stress and restore balance to the body. Soon after a bard went up stage with a guitar, and began to sing a song about the legend of a beautiful kingdom, a paradise on earth which was lost in war, and how its people were scattered all over the world in hopes of returning to their homeland once more.

After once again escaping the walls of the castle, they headed off down the street and found the club. It certainly was a nice, classy place without being corny or too high class. Arcane always loved this place and its gentle atmosphere. It was so welcoming and even the people that worked there had an air of class about them that didn't give off the vibe of high class snob one bit. The twins always knew what was best in situations like this so Arcane left it to them to order food and drinks. Of course they chose the fairy's favorite drink ever.

"Have I ever told you guys just how much I love herbal tea?" It helped that herbal tea was a standard drink for fairies since they reside in woods where all they eat and drink is basically natural herbs and wild plants of all kinds. Of course this wasn't why Arcane believed he liked the tea so much because he never actually lived in the forest for more then a couple weeks since his mother was dragged into slavery so shortly after his birth. Arcane never did get to really learn what it meant to live as a normal, free fairy. Still, he had no regrets and no desire to leave his post in the royal castle. He liked his friends too much and found a home with them. To think it's been 6 years or so since they'd met that fateful day.

As the bard began to sing, Arcane closed his eyes and listened, letting the beautiful music reach his pointed ears and create images in his head. The words created a story in which Arcane's mind drew the pictures to. It was so peaceful that his headache melted away in that moment. Of course he wasn't healed but it was nice. With the whole place being filled with humans, people honestly believed the small group was made up of a girl being escorted by two boys. Arcane's hair covered his ears mostly so even he looked human sitting there. Well, as long as no one looked from his back where his wings were still sparkling like every fairy's did. One human continued to eye the small group wondering what the twins were up to and if he needed to play the hero.

The twins enjoyed their time at the place. For a moment they were worried that the melonchonic lyrics of the bard would spark some long surpressed homesick from Arcane, but seeing his relaxed expression they were relieved. After a while the song ended, and the bard changed to a lighter, joyful song. The night continued but as they enjoyed the snack and drinks they noticed some curious eyes fixated on them, more particularly on Arcane. Aeldric took a cautious look around, marking those who had their eyes on their friend. He turned to look at Aelfric, who shook his head slightly, telling him not to make a fuss out of it. That being said he wasn't about to leave everything to chance, and Aeldric could see in his brother's eyes that he wasn't letting his guard down.

Some time later they've finished with the snacks and drinks they've ordered. Aelfric took some coins out of his pocket and left them on the table, then he turend to Arcane and said: "It's been a long day. Perhaps we should end the night a bit early?"

Arcane loved this place so much that his fear from earlier had disappeared. This place always gave off a feeling of safety. Maybe that was because no one wanted to really make a scene but the fairy snapped back to reality when Aelfric spoke up. He looked up between them and nodded. "I'm going to run to the bathroom before we go though, that ok?" He hadn't paid any attention to the men that had been staring at them as the fairy got up and headed for the bathrooms. One of the men got up and tried to talk to Arcane who the twins could see, shaking his head.

Arcane simply explained that they were his friends and wouldn't ever do anything to hurt him. He then walked past the man and disappeared beyond the crowd. A few minutes later, Arcane returned and walked over to the princes looking like someone spit in his drink. He didn't bother saying anything though until they were out of the club and on their way back to the castle. "I'm having a hard time with the humans of this country.... Have they never seen a fairy before? If not then they shouldn't hate them and look down on them so much. Just after I came out of the bathroom some guy grabbed a lock of my hair and sniffed it. He called me a beautiful lady.... I don't even look feminine... then he saw that I was a fairy and jumped back like I'd thrown up all over him or something... Humans are ridiculous...." He almost forgot that he was ranting off to a couple of humans. "You guys know I don't mean you, right? I see you guys as my friends before I see you as humans."

The twins watched a bit worriedly as Arcane left for the washroom, but figured Arcane would protest if they insisted to go with him. When Arcane came back they could see in Arcane's face that something was wrong. They looked at each other for a moment, thinking whether they should ask or not. But since Arcane didn't say anything they decided to wait, besides it's not like they keep secrets from each other anyway, they tell each other pretty much everything.

After they left the bar and heard Arcane explaining what happened the twins were furious. However Aelfric was quick to regain his calm, he smiled at Arcane and said: "I'm glad that you think of us differently, but you're right, humans are ridiculous. The fact that the empire is so powerful at the moment certainly boost up people's ego and pride further." While he added in his heart that it was partly such xenophobia which allowed the empire to be so strong in the first place, it wasn't the time, nor place for cold politics.

However Aeldric was still angry. He complained: "Why are you so cool about it Aelfric?! Let's go back to the place and find that fucking bastard! Nobody get to treat our friend like this and get away with it!"

"Calm down Aeldric." Aelfric said. "You don't want to cause any trouble in the bar do you? Plus that guy might have already left. And for the record, I'm NOT cool about it." While seemingly calm, there was certainly rage in his eyes.

"......Damn it!" Aeldric kicked on the wall near him, having no outlet for his frustration he had no choice but to suppress it. Aelfric patted lightly on his shoulders then he said to the two: "Now enough with this nonsense. Let's go home and take a good night sleep. We have much to do tomorrow!"

"Guys, relax. I really appreciate you getting angry for me but just relax. We'll probably never see that guy again." What was strange was that after Arcane ranted, it felt like the twins took all the anger upon themselves and left nothing for Arcane to feel. It always made him happy to see the two get worked up over him... it just made them seem more like equals and less like dreaded humans. "Thanks guys!" He was finally able to smile his brightest after some time of not smiling at all.

Still, there was one thing left on the young fairy's mind. "Do I really look that feminine to humans? If my hair smells like a girl's it's because guys don't have hair care products that deal with hair as long as mine. Besides, what guy wouldn't want to smell like strawberries?" He sort of snickered as his own comment. His hair did smell like strawberries but he didn't mind one bit, in fact, it was such a great smell.

He didn't like the idea that humans thought someone was a boy or a girl based on the length of their hair.... Still he pushed the thought aside when they made it back to the wall. They three took turns crawling back through the hole and back into the garden where they sneaked back to the castle. The small group then had to part ways at the door so Arcane could return to his room and the twins to theirs. "Well, good night guys. Thanks for today, I had fun even if that jerk started hitting on me until he found out I was a fairy." Arcane lifted his sparkling almost see through, red wings. He didn't mind showing them off to the twins. He then pulled them back down so they pointed to the ground once more as he waved before beginning to walk away.

• Saga locked this topic