The Lost General [18+] (YellowPerch x WolfDog)

WolfDog12

Yuu was still unresponsive, but he was still learning. Each day Kai was able to witness something new within the Eyes of Yuu. Kai was sitting at the chair by the bed when a knock came at the door. Kai sat up straight and stared off before looking at Yuu. "I'll be right back." He says, patting Yuu's leg before leaving the room. When he made it down the stairs he spotted Yuu's sword still lying against the wall. He would have to hide it soon, before Yuu saw it. Kai opened the door and standing on the other side was a single man. He asked Kai to join him for a game of cards and a night of drinking. Although Kai was pleased with the invite, he was slightly surprised that neighbors were this friendly with them.

Kai looked behind him, towards the staircase that lead to the upstairs bedroom. "Ah, I really appreciate the invite. I won't be able to make it at all. There's....some thing that I have to take care of." He looked forlorn as his gaze fell back on the other man. Kojaku was his name. He seemed young for someone to be married. Kai apologized to the man, rubbing at the back of his neck.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WolfDog12

• YellowPerch

"I'm sure you can take one night off can't you? If it's because of a pet or something you could call a pet sitter." He was a bit flustered and scratched his cheek with his right index finger. "It's just that... you moved in a month ago and we only see you come and go to get groceries. Do you have a job that keeps you at your computer all day because even your bosses should know you need to get a change of scenery every now and then." No one liked the idea of Kai living alone and being a complete shut in. They were clearly worried for his own mental heath.

Yuu tried to walk again but soon after taking a step and a half, he fell again this time crashing to the ground with a loud thud. He wasn't all that hurt physically but Yuu was hurt emotionally and felt completely defeated. He even looked like he was about to start crying.

Kai tensed, he had never dealt with such people before. After his parents death Kai had only dealt with dreadful forceful people. When the man suggested Kai get a pet sitter he stiffened. "No, no, it's....it's not an animal. it's...." Kai fell silent and he looked sideways. He could easily tell the man that he was tending to a friend who was ill. It was easy enough to throw that idea out. When the man asked if it were a job Kai shook his head. "No, I'm....I'm not working right now." He looked at the pain a small awkward smile on his lips. He felt strange talking to this man, but he felt even stranger when he couldn't just tell him what was going on.

Suddenly a loud thud sounded from where the two stood by the door. Kai flinched and swung towards the stairs. His eyes were wide. He didn't even think about closing the door and locking it when he took off for the stairs, skipped over two steps at a time and ran into Yuu's room. What he found scared him, made his heart stop. "Y-Yuu....what are you doing out of bed?! Don't tell me you tried getting out?" He picked Yuu up and sat him back on the bed. "Please Yuu, at least let me help with standing...." He wanted Yuu to be able to get stronger himself. But to just let him walk on his own right away was too much for the younger male.

Kojaku heard the thud as well and seeing how frantic Kai became, he didn't bother asking permission and followed him up stairs to try and help. When he looked in he saw Kai bent over a teenager. Yuu was lifted back onto the bed and the neighbor just stood there in the doorway for a while. Yuu zeroed in on the new person and he looked like he was about to cry even more now. The tears built up and he just watched the other man standing there shocked.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know your situation. Please, if there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask day or night, my wife and I will help you out in any way that we can." Kojaku couldn't apologize enough. He felt like a jerk trying to drag Kai out of the house while he was caring for someone like this, plus he was sorry for barging in and seeing what Kai clearly was trying to keep secret.

Kai sat beside Yuu on the bed, stroking his hair. He noticed how Yuu turned tot he doorway and Kai followed his gaze. He had forgotten about the man for a mere minute and flinched at the shock on his face. Kai noticed the wet of Yuu's eyes and covered them with his hand pulling Yuu against him. "Please, calm down Yuu.....I'm here. he won't hurt you." Kai looked up at the man and nodded to him in thanks. Then he softly spoke out. "I'm sorry for my awkwardness just earlier. I didn't want you all to know so quickly. I appreciate your help." He fell silent and closed his eyes as he tried to calm Yuu's tears. Then he looked back to the man in the doorway. "By the way, my name is Kai." Kai was normally a very tense person. On guard in front of everyone. But somehow this man made him feel calm. He didn't feel he had to be on guard in front of him.

"It's nice to meet you, and I'm sorry for barging in like this. I won't tell anyone, but you might want to come out with something soon because everyone in the neighbor hood is worried about you. Also, I'm sorry about scaring him," Kojaku motioned towards Yuu before turning to leave. The teen was crying as he leaned into Kai, eyes covered by his hand. The man left and closed the door behind him feeling terrible for what he thought he'd done. Yuu spent a good 10 minutes crying quietly before he finally calmed down. He had a sad, pouting face on but he didn't look like he wanted to try walking anymore today.

Kai was silent when Kojaku spoke to him and even when the man suggested that Kai come up with some sort of story Kai only nodded. He watched as the man left the room and in the distance he could here the door closing as he left the house. He felt bad for making him witness such a scene, but he couldn't do anything more then try and calm Yuu down. For ten minutes, that's how long Yuu cried and Kai sat with him. He kept his hand on his eyes, blocking him from any more of the world before him. Yuu made no sound in his cries. Kai just felt the wet of the tears. When Yuu finally calmed down, Kai moved his hand away and pushed off the bed and kneeled beside it. "I'm sorry Yuu. I didn't mean for him to see you like this..."

Kai had said so many words this past month, and yet, Yuu was no closer to actually speaking himself. He still didn't even know his own nome, or the name of the one person always by his side. It was a bit of a painful reality. Yuu looked over at Kai who seemed really depressed and stressed out so of course, Yuu started to reflect those feelings and tears built up again. He wanted Kai to be happy and not as sad as he seemed to be every day. Though when Yuu seemed to respond certain ways, it did make Kai happy.... but what was he suppose to do to bring that back?

Kai noticed how Yuu suddenly started to let tears fall once more. His eyes widened and he sat on Yuu's bed and touched their foreheads together. "Please don't cry, Yuu...I'm here." Kai smiled as he looked back into Yuu's eyes. They were different, eye color yes, but Kai's sparkled and shined, where Yuu's merely shined. It was no longer a dull color, but it still didn't show as much life as it had before. Kai moved his head away and pushed Yuu's hair out of his face. Kai let a toothy grin fall on his face, as sign to show Yuu everything was okay. He had noticed lately that his moods reflected in Yuu. And soon Kai realized that Yuu was merely copying wat Kai did in front of him.

He blinked the tears away when Kai pressed their heads together and seeing the smile made everything better. Yuu smiled back happily feeling a lot lighter and a bit playful. He let off a small and childish laugh as he reached out his arms to hug Kai. Yuu loved Kai but right now it was for entirely different reasons. Kai was like his mother or something. Yuu ended up brushing Kai's hair out of his face the way he'd done to the teen so many times before. For granted, Yuu's hair had grown rather long and a bit uncontrollable.

Kai laughed gently when Yuu let out a laugh himself. The only thing the other didn't know was that Kai's chest was in pain. His heart thumped against his chest as it hurt. But Kai would never let Yuu see that. His eyes widened briefly as Yuu reached out to hug Kai and then softened as he returned the hug himself. The two sat on the bed in silence, hugging each other before Yuu pulled back and wiped Kai's own hair away from his face. Kai laughed again and ran his finger's through his hair. His hair had grown slightly longer since he last cut it and so had Yuu's. But Kai declared that their hair was now going to be a charm for Yuu's healing. And only when the other came back would he cut their hair.

Yuu continued to show no signs of regaining his old self. What the military did to him was enough to clear his head of almost all the basic functions like breathing. The first couple days was so hard on him to even do that much but at least he was able to learn. Kai was warned that Yuu would never recover and was to forever be left without memories. Yuu was an infant in a grown teen's body. He had to live a new life from such an old age already. Yuu was still smiling and playing with Kai's hair as he sat there. Learning to get back on his feet and learning to talk was probably important for him to be able to get any better.

Kai let Yuu play with his hair. Actually, Yuu's fingers felt good in his hair. They were cool and warm at the same time. He smiled in the touch and sometimes would even rest his head against Yuu's touch. He never closed his eyes though, and watched Yuu the entire time. Kai needed to figure out how to help him get better. But for now he would have no choice but to take baby steps. Step by step, that was the way he needed to go. "I feel like such a failure...." He whispered out and looked up quickly, hoping Yuu hadn't caught what he heard. Kai smiled right after, making sure the other knew he was okay. Yuu wouldn't be able to say anything back to him, but he certainly was able to understand emotions and moods.

Yuu tilted his head and stopped moving his hands when Kai said something but once he smiled, the teen did the same and hugged Kai's head. The biggest problem was that Yuu wasn't tiny. He couldn't just be moved from room to room and propped somewhere where Kai could watch him and still do other things. The teen couldn't do anything but be confined to a bed. All of his lower muscles were becoming useless and yet he couldn't gain weight because he didn't even eat enough.

Kai watched Yuu as he stopped running his hands through Kai's hair. He wasnt sure if Yuu was able to understand his words. He seemed to understand moods, and somewhere inside his body had subconsciously drove him to understand his own moods. The horror of some stranger seeing Yuu a she was certainly meant that deep down Yuu was feeling something. Kai laughed when Yuu hugged his head. Kai brought his hands up and gently ruffled Yuu's hair ad he was tightened into the hug.

Yuu laughed as Kai played with his hair. He hugged Kai a little tighter before finally letting go. At least personal space was something Yuu was sort of wrapping his head around. It wasn't that he understood the meaning but the concept was just something you did instead of truly understood. The teen wanted to play some more but he didn't bother doing anything believing playing wasn't a good thing. He didn't have anything to play with and it wasn't like he could just run around since he couldn't so much as walk. Still, he poked Kai's cheek for no apparent reason.

Kai blinked when Yuu let go of his head. But he kept running his fingers through the others hair. He didn't want to stop touching the teen. He felt deep within, that Yuu had regressed from mind, back into a baby. He was doing much of what a child would do in copying his parents. Doing what they did. If that were in fact the case, Kai would have to wait long before he was able to hear the voice of Yuu once again. But even then, Yuu probably would never return. Where his body feature and voice became that of a thirty year old, his mind would probably only have him as a ten year old. Maybe a little older, if that was where they were headed now.

Yuu had decided to poke Kai in the cheek, forcing him away from his thoughts again. Kai gave a toothy grin at the other and Ruffles his hair. Then looked at a clock on the table. "Ah, it's late, huh. Your probably hungry. I'll go get something." Now that he was able to swallow on his own, Kai had turned to more stronger foods. Like carrots and peas. Although they were still easy to swallow or mush up if need be, but they carried more calcium and sodium for the younger male. Already he could see how much weight the other had lost. And it scared Kai beyond belief. He just wanted the other back again, he hated to see him this way.

Yuu carefully watched as Kai spoke again and soon got up to leave the room in hopes to find Yuu something to eat. He didn't want to see Kai leaving but at least he understood that it was necessary. The teen waited patiently for Kai to finally return and he started being about to actually chew. His teeth weren't sensitive so when Kai gave him the carrots, Yuu took them into his hands himself and stuffed a couple in his mouth. He chewed them up and swallowed but then took one carrot and stuffed it in Kai's mouth thinking that he might also be hungry. It also helped to watch Kai do things because that way, the younger male could learn faster.

Yuu continued eating everything and got the hang of chewing so it shouldn't be much longer before he is able to eat anything he wants again. It would help with his issue of being under weight. Yuu was able to learn certain things faster then a baby because of his developed body. It was big enough and strong enough to do more and having teeth was certainly a positive over an infant.

Kai returned shortly after with some carrots in a plate. He wasn't sure just how much the other enjoyed carrots, but it was worth a try. He just hoped that one day soon Yuu would be able to eat stronger food. Food that would actually put weight on him. Then Kai wouldn't feel so worried. As he sat watching Yuu eat, he hadn't expected a carrot being pushed into his mouth. He almost choked because of it, but quickly managed to bite of a piece and chew it before actually gagging. Carrots weren't entirely his favorite and if he ate them he always had some sort of dip. But he managed to handle dip-less carrots before, so why not now. He smiled at Yuu as he chewed his carrot, swallowing the piece carefully before taking another bite of the carrot from his back teeth.

Yuu took another carrot and ate it the same way Kai did. He didn't stuff it in his mouth this time but he was a bit awkward holding the carrot. That was the only difference as he bit off a piece and chewed it before eating the second half. Yuu was trying to learn as fast as he could so that he could spend more time with Kai outside of this bed. He wanted to be able to follow him down the stairs and everywhere else he'd go. Of course in order to be able to go with him, there was something extra important the teen needed to learn how to do first... that thing Kai did with his legs to be able to move... walking. Yuu suddenly stopped eating and opened his mouth to try to say something. Of course he looked like a fish stupidly opening and closing his mouth before he stopped and looked down.

Kai finished off his carrot while Yuu continued to eat his. But it wasn't soon after he noticed Yuu stop and look up at him. Kai looked straight at him, ready to miss nothing. Yuu opened his mouth to speak and then closed it. Kai's heart had done a small flip inside, thinking Yuu was now ready to speak. But it never came and Kai fell into sorrow once again. He watched as Yuu looked down, rather disappointed himself. Kai leaned forward and grasped his hand. "What is it, Yuu?" Sure Yuu wouldn't answer him, but he would find a way to show him. Kai was sure of it.

He gripped Kai's hand tightly and looked at him again. He tried again to open his mouth and speak but what was he going to say? He didn't know what words meant an Kai had said all kinds of things he couldn't understand. This was like trying to talk while speaking different languages. He didn't even know his own name, let alone Kai's so he couldn't say that. He racked his brain trying to remember at least one word said to him. Finally he remembered something Kai had said every day without fail. "Good morning.... Yuu." Well they were words even though he didn't understand them.

Kai twitched slightly as Yuu held on to his own hand. His strength in his grip certainly hadn't gone anywhere. Kai looked up from their hands and looked at Yuu. He could tell he was struggling with something. Kai wished desperately to be able to help him in some way. But he wasn't sure how. Yuu again opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came. They sat in silence for a moment before Yuu managed to say something. Kai froze in place as he heard Yuu's voice. Wide eyed he snapped his head up and looked at the other. He said words, he finally spoke. Kai realized he hadn't understood what he said, seeing how he just copied what Kai said every morning. But either way he spoke. Yuu had spoken. A single tear fell from his eye and rolled down his cheek. Kai let a toothy grin graze his lips as he spoke back. "Good morning, Yuu."

Yuu could tell just how happy Kai was that he said something so of course, he smiled as well and kept repeating the same words over and over. "Good morning, yuu!!!! Good morning Yuu!!!!" He laughed and and was basically cheering. He grabbed the last couple carrots and threw them in the air still laughing and messing around.

Kai laughed along with Yuu. The fact that he said something at all had Kai's heart leaping out of his chest. He laughed out until Yuu threw carrots into the air and he braced himself from getting hit by any. Kai figured now he would try something else. Pointing at himself he said, "Kai" then pointed at Yuu and said "Yuu". He did this over a few more times before letting Yuu understand what he was saying.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk