A Collection Of Short Roleplays (Yukio & Panda)

pandamonium

Esben nodded and gathered their things before following the cat. He turned to Steron. "Show respect and don't try to make eye contact. They think of it as a sign of aggression."

He slung the bags over his shoulder.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pandamonium

• Yukio Takamiya

"I know that," Steron grumbled. Wasn't it the same for dogs too? In fact, all animals take eye contact as a challenge. Tye mountain cat brought them to a clearing filled with rocks and large grass patches where many other cats resided. Steron looked around the area with wide eyes, did the cats actually slept in those grass patches? But it didn't turn out so. He didn't see anyone lying down or taking a nap. Everyone was sitting upright and staring at them. Why sit in grass patches if they had chairs in this world?

Esben rolled his eyes and walked faster. "My apologies, sir know-it-all. Since you know everything, I don't bother with relating anymore information I have."

When they reached the clearing, he spotted the leader and walked forward, giving a formal bow.

"I've brought goods with me to trade for our passing through your territory, m'lady."

He handed her the sacks and stepped back.

Steron watched as the lady cat took the bags and placed it aside without checking the goods at all. Then he looked at the bear and wondered why he was polite to everyone except him. Steron then shifted his gaze to look at the curious gazes of the other cats. Did he look that weird to them? The queen then spoke,"I accept your trade, you may pass."

As Steron walked though, one of the cats grabbed him and sniffed at him. "What in the world are you?" Steron started sweating bullets and looked at Esben for help.

Esben gave one last bow and stood up straight. "Thank you."

He turned to Steron. "Alright. It's time for us to go."

Relieved that they were satisfied with what he gave them. Now all that was left was getting out of here and heading to the foxes.

When the cats approached Steron, he froze for a bit. Things just couldn't go smoothly, could they? Esben sighed. Not in the mood to help the kid. They've spend the last couple days having to put up with his non-stop quotations and rotten attitude. But...He also couldn't just leave him. He turned to the leader.

"He's just some creature from a distant land. He's just tagging along." He was a terrible liar and was only able to tell vague truths.

Mar almost smacked his forehead at Esben's explaination but managed to stop himself in time. He turned to the cat who grabbed him slowly,"yeah, I'm not from around here."

The cat, like all the other gazed at him curiously,"then where? I've never seen animals with ears like yours before." The cat then moved behind Steron and smacked his butt,"and you don't have a tail."

Steron jumped in shock when his butt was smacked and barely managed to refrain himself from glaring at the guy. "Yeah, my kind are all the same, we don't have tails,"he said moving towards Esben and away from the cats hands. "Its in the far west, that's why you haven't seen us before."

Here he goes again with his far west. Since wolves are territorial and rarely leave their territories, it would be understandable that they would believe all this nonsense, but cats aren't as gullible. He hoped that they actually believed him. More for Steron's sake than his own. They could end up dead over being found out.

He found it somewhat comical at Steron's reaction to getting smacked. He'd say the kid needed a good spanking now and then, but would rather not voice his opinion or risk having a moody Steron again. Esben inched closer to Steron when Steron grew close to him. Already set on protecting him.

"Sorry, but my kind is rather secretive about ourselves. We don't really interact with other species. I hope you can understand and stop prying,"Steron said as politely as he could. Lucky for him, the queen understood.

"Enough, let them pass. It gets dangerous once night falls,"she said and the cats moved away from them. "Have a safe journey,"she said with a nod. Steron bowed gratefully to her before grabbing Esben's hand and rushing off.

Esben eyes widened. A slight unease settled in his stomach. Would they accept such rudeness? He closed his eyes in relief when the cats didn't seem angered. The last thing he needed was too be ambushed by cats. With a quick bow, he snatched his things.

One they were a safe distance, he yanked his arm away from Steron. "Don't ever drag me around like that. It's rude. Just let me know when you want to leave."

He looked at the sky, as if trying to tell the time. "You're a reckless brat, but..." He smiled," but you can handle any situation pretty well. Let's hope this doesn't come to bite us in the ass."

They ask too many questions," Steron grumbled and threaded his fingers together after Esben had yanked his own hand away. "At least the queen was understanding though, she didn't look the type to pry," he said with a small smile. He started to walk, a slight skip in every step,"thank you for the compliment by the way," he grinned making sure that the bear didn't see. Receiving a praise from Esben didn't feel bad at all.

"So I'm assuming that the foxes are next then adios huh?" Steron stopped and turned to ask the bear. His mood had plummeted again as they were now closer to their goal but he made sure none of that showed in his tone. Esben would no doubt scold him again if he started to sulk.

Esben gave a soft snort. "Who said I was complimenting you? I don't want to inflate that ego of yours."

He looked around as they were being the base of the mountain.

"I suppose...if adios means goodbye, then yes. We're going to go or separate ways." He felt a small twinge of sadness at the thought of having to say goodbye to Steron. The past few days have been filled with more excitement than he's ever experienced. He cleared his throat. "I mean...you need to let your family know that you're safe and all. They might be worried."

"You said and I quote, 'they might', not will," Steron said bitterly. His parents had never shown him true affection and attention in the past. Why would they now? Steron didn't want to leave this world. It had everything he wanted. A beautiful world without smelly air, he had Esben, his only true friend who cared for him. There was no one to pick on his size and beat him up. The residents of this world minded their business and weren't judgemental. That was the best aspect of this world, what more had he to ask for?

Deciding to change the subject and not think about it anymore, Steron cleared his throat and asked. "How long do we have to walk? And how much time will it take?" Hopefully forever, even if he got tired. Which Steron knew was impossible.

Esben sighed. "Steron...how are you so sure they don't miss you? You never know unless you see it with your own eyes."

He was beginning to grow tired of constantly arguing over this. He couldn't believe that someone's parents could be negligent. But he wasn't sure unless he'd see it with his own eyes.

"We'll arrive tomorrow afternoon...We'll settle for the night and walk all day." He answered add he kept his eyes ahead. Why the constant questioning of hour long? Was he that adamant about returning home? "Are your parents really that bad that you don't want to return home?"

"You'll be surprised if you ever see them which I doubt you will," Steron said. He lifted his head to stare at the clouds. "They seem really nice to outsiders but we never ever talk at home. Except when I come back home. My mother would ask me how was school but never waits for my reply before going back into the kitchen." Steron felt the tears coming but forced himself to hold them back. He made sure that he walked in front of Esben so that he couldn't see, it would give the bear more reason to call him fragile if he saw.

"Enough about them,"he said changing the subject. "I'll go if you want me to," Steron said and dabbed at the dampness with his sleeve.

Esben reminded quiet for a bit. "You don't belong here, Steron. You need to be around your own kind."

He thought he was being horrible saying such things, but Steron couldn't stay here. It was too dangerous for him. He didn't know the woods like he did. His senses weren't as strong as his. How would he sense danger or find his way back home? But if what he said is true...he'd be sending him back to a world that he doesn't want to return to.

"I'll come with you. Allow me to see your world. You've seen mine." He wouldn't want to send him back to his family, unless he had some idea of how he lived.

Steron looked down at his feet while walking, hands behind his back. He felt a dull ache in his heart as Esben spoke. He didn't belong here, but he wanted to stay, what was wrong with that. Was he posing some kind of threat to this world? It may be dangerous for he but he still chose to stay because he liked it. At Esben's next words, Steron's head whipped around so fast that he thought it might fall off. "Come to my world?" He asked. He had never thought of it before. He was still reluctant to return but would Esben's presence there make it somehow all better for him. He would only need Esben. With his friend there, he wouldn't go crazy as soon as he thought. "That isn't a bad idea at all,"he said and finally smiled.

Esben nodded. "Alright...then it's decided. I'll come with you once we find a way to bring you back." He was curious to see where Steron was from and needed to know how Steron lived before deciding if he'll allow him to live with him in his world or have Steron return to his own world. The sun was beginning to set.

"We should set up for the night." He looked around for a decent place to set up camp.

So once again, they had to set up camp for the night. Steron waited awake in his spot for the sound of Esben's steady breathing before climbing on top of him again. It wasn't because the ground was too uncomfortable or anything but Esben was just too soft. Steron found that he slept better the previous time that he had slept atop the bear. Taking in the scent of the bear, Steron fell asleep peacefully.

He didn't think that Esben would like earth though he said that he would come. Esben had lived all his life in this world. The air on earth alone would be too much for him. This was Steron's biggest worry. That he wouldn't even stay a day.

Feeling a slight pressure on his chest, he cracked am eye open. Steron was sleeping on his chest. He gave a soft snort. He wouldn't admit it, but he thought it was kinda cute having him on his chest. Like a child. Though...hee want a child. He didn't know when he stopped seeing him as a child. He looked a lot older than the first time they met. Or maybe it was just the way the moonlight fell on him.

He woke up again. Not knowing when he fell asleep again. He looked down at Steron again. Shaking him gently, he covered his mouth with a free hand as he let out a yawn. "Get up...we gotta keep moving. So we can reach them by noon."

Steron felt someone shaking him and opened his eyes. He felt something wet on his cheek and lifted his head. He wiped his cheek and looked at his hand, it was drool. Steron looked at the dark patch on Esben's shirt and mumbled,"sorry", before getting off.

He stood up and stretched, loving the feel of his bones cracking and his muscles straining. That woke him up fully. Steron turned back to look at Esben and smiled, his miod significantly lighter now that the bear was coming with him. "Shall we go?"

• 1 month later...

His eyebrows furrowed in concussion, until he felt a cool wetness on his shirt. With a snort, he waved it off.

"It's fine."

Esben packed their belongings into their respected bags and turned to Steron. "I suppose we could continue on our way. Are you hungry? I could make something quickly before we continue. If you'd like."

He cracked his neck and rolled his shoulders.

Steron shook his head," not really," he replied. He stood up and swept stray leaves off his clothes and hair before following Esben. After a few hours of walking, Steron felt the air starting to change. It wasn't anything magical and the like, it was the vibe which the atmosphere gave off. Steron couldn't put a finger to this odd feeling but he shrugged it off.

Moments later, Steron realised that the forest wasn't as dense as before. The trees had cleared up and there was more room to walk. Steron felt that this was rather pleasant, only to change his mind immediately when his feet went through the ground. The patch of grass couldn't be differentiated away from the others and Steron only realised now that it was a trap for who knows what. Esben had said that the foxes were scholars, which meant that they were smart. This was undoubtedly their doing, which also means that they had entered the foxes territory.

Steron let out a soft cry as he fell. Darkness enveloped him and his butt hit the bottom of the pit painfully. "Oww..." he muttered, rubbing his bottom. The pit was pitch black and he couldn't even see his hands. "Esben!" He called out. "Are you out there?"

Sent from my SM-J110G using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Esben bit his cheek. He wasn't sure how to make Steron feel better about this whole ordeal. Would he even be capable of helping him like he promised?

As they continued forward, a shift in the atmosphere made him slow down in his tracks. Scanning the surroundings for any signs of danger or abnormalities. When suddenly a loud thump a few feet away made him turn and see that Steron had disappeared. Panic rising, he hurried over to the sound. A hole on the ground caught his attention. Hearing his name, he leaned over and sighed in relief.

"What a relief. I was worried you vanished into thin air. Are you hurt?"

Extending his arm, he reached for Steron, "here. Take my hand."

From his position, Steron heard the shuffling of feet before Esben came into view from above. Relief filled his mind," I'm alright," he replied. "Is it possible to vanish into thin air in this world? I would like to experience that," he then added as he grabbed the bear's hand. That probably sounded sarcastic yet again, Steron couldn't help speaking that way. Then again, there was some truth in his words.

As he started digging his feet into the walls of the hole, Steron couldn't help but worry a little. This trap couldn't be some kind of intruder alert could it? Will the foxes all come running to assault them with books? Shaking his head from the ridiculous thought, Steron focused on getting out of the hole.

Esben let out a sigh of relief. "That's good."

He frowned. "I don't know...But I'd be sad if you vanished...I..." he cleared his throat.

Taking a firm grip, careful not to hurt Steron, he spelt began to pull him up. A bit unnerved from Steron's remark.

"I wish I could help you...I don't like it when you say things like that. Makes me think you don't care about your life."

The thought of danger never crossing his mind. Too preoccupied of Steron.