A Collection Of Short Roleplays (Yukio & Panda)

pandamonium

The interior of the cabin wasn't how he thought it would be. Unlike stories with cabins, this cabin was almost like a normal home with lights instead of fire. A weird world this was, with a mixture of modernity and ancient factors. "I wouldn't touch anything even if you told me to." He said and continued to look around. With his hands in his pockets, he surveyed the surroundings to his heart's content before moving over to Esben when he smelt the food.

"Keep an eye on the food? I would probably finish it before you get back." Steron said with a humorless smirk. "It'd be boring to just watch the food anyway. I'll follow you and get a feel of this foreign place."

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pandamonium

• Yukio Takamiya

He held back a growl. What a snarky and rude boy. He thought in annoyance. With a tsk, he turned around and gathered a change of clothes. Grabbing a bottle of lavender oil, he placed it in his pocket.

"Fine. Let's go."

He left his home and headed to the river, it wasn't very far. Only a short walk away. That's why he picked this place to settle down. Sitting down his clothes on a large, flat rock, he began to strip down. Taking a ruin stay, he made a large splash. Esben noticed the water was empty except for him and turned to Steron.

"Aren't you coming in?"

Steron watched as Esben took off his garments, his eyes scanning the taut and defined muscles on his tanned body. A thread of envy rose up within him, if only he were this masculine too. Life wouldn't have been so miserable. "Yeah,"he replied and gingerly started to take off his clothes. He walked towards the river and dipped his toes into the water befor pulling back again. "Cold,"he muttered but walked into the river anyways.

Steron submerged himself into the water and came up again. Pushing his wet hair out of his face, he rubbed the water out of his eyes. He felt absolutely refreshed now that he was clean. His ocean blue orbs swivelled to look at the bear, then to his ears. Were they as soft as they looked? He couldn't help but wonder. Then he sneezed. Guess the water really was too cold after all. Why was the bear fine?

He enjoyed his nightly bathing, but he preferred swimming in the summer. It was so cool and nice to just relax and not have to worry about survival like he had to during the winter. Days like these made him have a tinge of loneliness. Not being around his parents was exciting in the beginning. Feeling like an adult. He didn't mind the responsibility, but he missed the cozy cabin he grew up. His parents telling him tales or memories from their own childhood.

A sneeze brought him out of his thoughts. Esben stopped his absent-minded rubbing off of the day's sweat and dirt.

"Hey. You okay? Are you cold?"

He swam a bit closer and checked on him. Making sure he was alright.

He sneezed again as Esben came closer and rubbed his nose. "Fine,"he mumbled his reply and sneezed again. His nose had u doubtedly turned red by now with all the rubbing and sneezing. Steron walked out of the river and grabbed his clothes putting them on quickly and forgetting hat his body was still wet. "I'll just wait for you here,"he said and sneezed again. He sniffed and sat on a rock. Any longer in the river and he would probably sneeze his nose off.

His sneezing lessen on the walk back to the cabin but he couldn't feel his nose. "Do you have a tissue or something that I could to blow my nose?" Steron sniffed the air, he couldn't even smell the trees and soil that was constantly in the air. Yep, he definitely caught a flu. The river wasn't good for him, how was he to wash up in future?

Taking one last dunk under the water, Esben walked out. Shaking his body free of the water droplets sliding down.

"It's getting cooler."

He took the lavender oil and rubbed it on his skin, before changing into the clean clothes he brought with him.

"I have a handkerchief..." He murmured as he pulled it out of his pocket and handed it to Steron.

"Are you sick? I'll make you a herbal remedy when we get back."

Why had the boy gotten sick? Was it too cold for him? He looked rather frail and delicate to him. That would explain.

"Herbal remedy?" Steron sniffed again as he spoke. "Doesn't sound like it'll taste good," he grumbled. He had never liked taking medicine since he was young. The medicines were always bitter, everyone would think that he was like a kid when he refused medication. But that wasn't the case, it was only his tastes with resembled a child's, not his personality, rather, he would like to think that he was more mature that kids his age.

He blew his nose into the hankerchief and looked at the mucus on it. He cringed, how gross. "I'll wash it, sorry."

Esben rolled his eyes in annoyance. "You spend more time whining than being grateful, don't you?"

Arriving home, he went to his backyard and plucked a few mint and herbal leaves.

"This remedy isn't bad. It's sweet and warm. I'll make a smelly and stronger remedy if you don't shut up. Get those wet clothes off. I'll look for some clothes you could change into."

He set a tea kettle filled with water into the stove and dropped the leaves. Walking over to his drawers, he dug around for some clothes. Throwing them to Steron, he walked over to the whistling tea kettle. Pouring the tea into a mug, he pulled out a he of honey. Putting a healthy spoonful of honey into it, he stirred it and handed it to Steron.

"Drink it all."

Grateful? Did Esben think that he wasn't grateful? Well, guess his actions didn't really display what he felt. He was grateful, but it would be too awkward to just say that aloud.

Hearing Esben's words, Steron obediently kept quiet. He caught the clean set of clothes thrown to him and muttered a 'thank you' before moving to a corner to change. Stripping off his clothes, he pulled on the oversized shirt and pants, tying the string on the pants tightly around his small waist to ensure that it didn't fall.

The herbal remedy was actually delicious. He loved honey and always had a cup of it mixed with water before he left home everyday. Finishing the drink, he asked,"do you have more?" He stood up and attempted to walk to the pantry. But he stepped on a pant leg which were too long for him and fell. Clutching the cup tightly to his chest, he sighed in relieve when it remained intact. He had already troubled Esben enough, the bear might snap if he broke something.

Esben quickly got to Steron's side. "Are you alright?"

He was about to yell at him, but stopped. Obviously mobility would be limited when his clothes were enormous on him. But he didn't have any smaller clothes.

"You might as well stay seated. I'll give you more."

After pouring another helping of the remedy, he handed it to Steron.

"You should eat something too. It'll help you get better when you're eating enough food."

He poured a generous amount into a bowl and set it besides Steron. Going back to help himself to the stew. Hee sat down on the table and began to eat. He didn't know how ravenous he was until he tasted the stew. After finishing his bowl, he stood up to help himself to more.

"So tell me...how's your life back in your world like? Judging from how you called this place 'pleasant', I'm thinking it's not that good, huh?"

Steron was quiet. He didn't know if he wanted to tell Esben about how it was like on earth, he didn't even want to think about it let alone talk about it. But Esben seemed to be awaiting his reply. "I guess you could say that it isn't very pleasant, for me at least," he replied after a moment of hesitation. "I'm sure I look weak to you right? Apparently you're not the only one. Kids my age think the same way but they're not as nice as you. They pick on me instead to make themselves seem strong." Steron snorted in disgust after speaking. "And look at how fast they run after I kicked their asses."

He didn't mention how his popularity with girls was one of the reasons. He didn't want to seem like he was boasting in front of Esben who was the only person who didn't mock him for his size. Steron looked up from his cup and stared at Esben, half afraid of his reaction.

Esben nodded, "I see...that's why you'd rather not leave."

He frowned as he continued to hear Steron. "That's stupid. It only shows that you're too insecure."

With a proud grin, he gave Steron a pat on the back.

"But I'm impressed that a twig can beat them. They must not be very tough. Or you're stronger than you look."

With a sigh, Esben finished his stew. "Now that I think about it...how old are you?"

Standing up, he went to fill his bowl again. "Would you like some more? I'm about to finish it."

"A twig?" Steron asked incredulously. "Is that how you think of me? I have muscles!" He exclaimed and rolled up his sleeves and tensing his arm,"look!" His arm although thin was hard with lean muscles, therefore not exactly very obvious.

"I'm 16. What about you?" He replied, giving his bowl to Esben in response that he wanted more. "How long have you been living alone?" He spooned the stew into his mouth and looked at Esben with anticipation.

Esben gave him a smug grin as he rolled up his shirt sleeve and showed off his arm that held large defined muscles.

"I won't call you a twig until I see those skinny arms get a little thicker."

Rolling down his sleeve, he looked at Steron with a surprised expression. "You're sixteen? You don't look it. I thought you were thirteen. You're tiny for a sixteen year old."

He stood up and poured the rest of the tea into a mug, handing it to Steron before refilling the tea kettle and setting it on the stove again.

Steron glared at the bulging muscles that was displayed. Considering all the work Esben did everyday, it wasn't surprising. "Like you're one to talk, you look like you're twenty," he snapped back but not in an antagonizing tone.

"And I don't need to be told that I'm tiny. The kids in school tell me everyday and I can see for myself,"this he said bitterly. He took the mug and stared at his reflection in the tea. If only he were born more like Esben. The kids would be afraid of him even if he did nothing. "Perhaps I should do some work too. You know...to thicken these arms,"he said while patting his biceps.

Esben let out a low chuckle. "I'm not twenty. I'm actually the same age as you. That's why I was surprised."

He poured himself a mug of lemongrass tea and sat down across from Steron.

"I didn't mean to offend. I didn't know you were sensitive about your size. It can't be helped how you look. Just like it can't be helped how I look. My pa is actually taller then me and he's got bigger muscles! He can pick up an entire tree!"

He sipped his tea as he reminisced about his parents. "I miss them. I miss their warm home and I miss hearing the stories they'd tell me. I miss my ma's cooking, but I can't go back home. I'm an adult now. I have to provide my future mate everything they'll need...even though I didn't want to. I wanted to stay with them a little longer, but...I couldn't. What about you? Don't you want to see your parents again? Or did you have to leave home like me to make your own home?"

An entire tree! His dad must be really strong, no human could ever do that strong or not. "Is it natural to leave your parents at such a young age? The children in my world leave out parents anytime we want to when we're ready to settle down," Steron explained. "I admit that I'm afraid of not being able to see them again. But at the same time, I don't really want to see them too." Steron paused, hesitant to continue. "They act like parents of what a normal household usually have. But they've never really been there for me. They don't know what I go through at school and they don't care how late I come home. When I come home beaten up, they assume that I just fell into a ditch or something."

His parents raised him like any parent would, but they didn't have a bond. "Are all families in this world close? If you miss them so much, why don't you just pay them a visit? You've already made your own home but that doesn't mean that you should cut ties with your old home," Steron said. "Just pay them a visit, I'm sure they miss you too since you're so close."

"Well...it depends. Bears leave their homes when they turn fifteen. That's when we're considered an adult. From what I remember...wolves do that too, so they can start their own packs. Foxes are weird...they stay with their parents until they feel like leaving. Mountain cats leave their parents when they're sixteen, but they're always by themselves. I guess they're loners."

Esben frowned. "I see...not very nurturing. But I'm sure they miss you and this isn't really a place you can stay..."

Holding his mug tightly, he shook his head. "I can't see them...not until I have a mate...until then, I'll be able to see them."

He cleared his throat, "it's getting late...we should go to bed. I'm planning on taking you to the foxes next week and we'll need to prepare. Before the first snow falls."

A mate huh? Was that something like a wife? Steron looked at Esben and tried to imagine some random lady standing beside him only to fail. He wondered what kind of woman would be compatible with Esben. The bear seemed like a very kind person, so naturally his mate should be the same. Not someone manipulative like he'd seen in some households, wives ordering the husband around. A kind mate would be good for a kind Esben.

Steron looked around the cabin, "uhmm, where should i sleep? Not outside right?" he joked. They were going to see the foxes the next day. Somehow, Steron didn't really feel up to it. He didn't want to go back after all.

With an annoyed sigh, he scratched his head on thought. This guy was troublesome. Always full of questions. With a defeated slump of his shoulders, he pointed to his bed. "You can sleep with me...there's nowhere else."

He walked over to his dresser and pulled out some sleepwear. After he finished changing, he slid into bed and turned his back to Steron.

"Get in and go to bed. I want to get enough rest for tomorrow. The faster we get you home, the better."

Witnessing Esben's frustration, Steron felt somewhat guilty for barging into the bear's life. It wouldn't be surprising if the bear said that it were better the faster he went back. Scratching his head, Steron slowly got into the bed and turned away from Esben his back too facing the bear. "Sorry," he mu, bled and closed his eyes. Perhaps it was better if he left since Esben found him to be troublesome. Once they visited the foxes, he would go back to his old miseranle life, how he dreaded that.

---------------------

First light broke and Steron slowly slipped out of the bed careful not to awake the bear. He left the house quietly and headed for the river where the morning breeze was strong. He needed to cool his head and rethink life after returning. He didn't want to go back to all the bullying, perhaps he should request home tuition. But his parents would most likely refuse and say that it was good to make friends in school. Steron growled in frustration and tugged at his unkempt hair making his bed head even worse. He picked up a pebble and tossed it into the river watching it skip four times before sinking. He plopped down on a rock and placed his elbows on his knees and palms supporting his head. Just like that, he watched the ripples in the water.

Waking up to the sound of the for opening ands closing, Esben sat up. Rubbing his eyes, he slipped out of bed and began preparing for the long trip ahead. Once he picked everything into two large bags, he changed and cooked breakfast. After he finished, he went out to look for Steron.

Finding him down by the river, he cleared his throat. His voice raspy from over use of the day before, he let out a slight cough.

"Hey. Let's go eat breakfast. We have a long day ahead..."

He turned and headed back to the cabin.

Steron turned to look at Esben's retreating form before getting up and patting away the dirt. He followed Esben back to the cabin and sat down at the table solemnly. Was it really not possible for him to stay in this world? Even if he was too much trouble for Esben, he could learn the ways of this world and try to survive on his own right? After all, this world didn't use money, they traded resources for what they wanted. He picked up his utensil and started to eat.

Steron kept silent the entire time they were preparing to leave. When they finally left the cabin, he spoke,"somehow, I really dread facing what's about to come."

Esben was slightly worried over the sudden change in mood. Steron was too quiet for his tastes, but he let it be. Assuming that Steron wasn't a morning person and needed time. Though he doubted it. It was most plausible that he offended him again, but wasn't in the mood to figure out how.

Finally heading Steron speak gave him a sense of relief, though he wasn't sure why. Wasn't this kid a hindrance and annoyance to him?

"Hmm, if you stay close to me you should be fine. I'm well prepared and I'm well acquainted with a few from each faction." He said with a raspy voice. Giving a few coughs to get rid of the tickles in his throat.

Sigh, Esben didn't understand what he meant. He just didn't want to go back. "Are you sick?"he asked. "Do you want to have some herbal remedy before we leave?" He could also drag a little so that he didn't have to return home so soon. There was nothing for him on earth, at least in this world, nobody depicted his life. He could live the way he wanted to starting from scratch. Nobody would tease him since everybody minded their own businesses. There was no world more perfect than this.