Dragon Ball Z: Between Two Worlds (SPOILERS, +18, MA?)

~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

Bardock had just been coming into the room, and once he heard Gynoxyz state what he was there for, Bardock's eyes narrowed. He moved his head to the side, cracking his neck as he spoke, "Yeah, I don't think so." He went to put space in between Nexus and Gynoxyz, but was shocked when he suddenly felt two arms grab his arms. The turn of lqhis head, Piccolo stood behind him, "Stand down."

Damn.. Piccolo had hoped to get there before Gynoxyz would. But even so, it looked as if he'd shown up just in time anyway. He held a firm grip on Bardock, even as he felt the pull, "Let go."

Piccolo pulled him back again, "He's not here to harm anyone.. I think he just wants to talk.."

Bardock turned his head again, "The last time someone came to talk to my fiancee.. they stuck a sword through his body.." his voice broke only slightly, "I won't lose him again.."

Bardock turned to Gynoxyz then, "With all due respect, if you're planning on yaking Nexus anywhere, you'll have to take me with him."

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

• Bardock

Gynoxyz looks over at Bardock, a small smile on his face despite the tenseness of the situation. He didn't say anything in return to what Bardock had said, and didn't really need to as at that moment Piccolo shows up, preventing things that could have happened from happening.

The smile on Gynoxyz face grows, though the frown upon Nexus' deepens, as he stares intently at the god that was standing in the room, for reasons unknown. They both glance at Bardock, Nexus narrowing his eyes, and Gynoxyz nods softly, stepping forward again.

The god ignores the comment that Bardock says, his focus only on Nexus, their gaze interlocked fiercely. "You won't lose me again Bardock. Believe me." Nexus finally speaks up, his voice intense, his eyes never looking away from Gynoxyz. The god simply smiles, tilting his head, and before any could move, was standing right next to Nexus, his hand sticking half way into the warrior's chest, where his heart was, whose eyes grew wide before becoming dull and blank.

A kind of energy could be seen flowing from Gynoxyz as the blood flowed from Nexus' chest. It took but mere seconds and it was over, Nexus falling back on to the bed, Gynoxyz backing away, blood splattered all over his white outfit, a satisfied look upon his face.

"All done."

If one just glanced at Nexus they would think him dead, but if they looked closely, they could tell he was not. With a nonchalant look in his eyes, Gynoxyz absently wipes his hand clean on a cloth, as if he had forgotten the others were even in the room with him.

• 2 weeks later...

It only took seconds...

Bardock felt the warm blood droplets hit his face and at first, he stood still, his eyes confused. He raised a hand and wiped the droplets from his face, but it only smeared across his cheek. It was as if it hit him then. His breathing became more erratic, shalloe, almost like he was hyperventilating. All he saw was the empty, dull look in his fiancee's eyes.

The second the blood hit Bardock, Piccolo knew things were about to get bad. Bardock had a tendency to forget little things, and although Nexus looked dead, Piccolo knew he wasn't. He could still sense Nexus' energy, and it seemed as if it might be growing. Before Piccolo could say anything, he saw out of the corner of his eye Bardock lunged towards Gynoxyz.

Bardock felt Piccolo's arms grab his waist, and he was trying to speak to him, inside his head. But at that moment, Bardock only saw red. Anger, fury, betrayal.. pain, he felt it all at once, "MOTHERFUCKER!!" He had lunged at Gynoxyz, rage twisting on his face as he glared at him, "You son of a FUCKING BITCH! WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!" He'd practically screamed at Gynoxyz, and the look on the others face only infuriated him even more.

Piccolo knew Bardock's adrenaline was pumping, and it took everything he had to hold the other back, against his chest. He knew nothing he said could calm him down, but he continues to prod at his mind. He was trying to tell him to calm down, Nexus would be fine.. he kept his word, even if the current sight didn't show it.

In the midst of the screaming, cursing, and soon enough, heart-wrenching sobs, Bardock finally had stopped fighting against Piccolo. Piccolo heard someone enter the room, and he sensed Goku's energy and heard a soft gasp. He didn't turn around, though, and he lowered himself to one knee when Bardock collapsed onto the floor, his body shaking. Before Piccolo spoke, however, Bardock shoved his arms out, "Let go of me.."

Bardock finally calmed down enough to feel it.. he could feel Nexus' energy.. his fiancee wasn't dead. Bardock raised a hand, placing it over Nexus' wound on his chest as a soft, but relieved sigh escaped his lips, "He's alive.. oh my god, you're alive..."

Even though he was being yelled at, threatened even, the only thing preventing him from being attacked being Piccolo holding Bardock back, Gynoxyz does not bat an eye at this, simply standing there, looking back at the furious Saiyan with slight amusement on his face, a half smirk on his lips, arms now crossed loosely over his chest. He wasn't really in the mood of explaining himself, which was why he did not even try to calm down Bardock with words, instead just stood there, as if there was nothing out of the usual going on, as if they were all just having some sort of leisurely chat.

Rexyl, when he and Goku got into the room, saw the blood all over, his eyes grow wide, and in less than a second was out of it, collapsed against the wall, slumped over slightly. Gynoxyz glances at him, but says nothing, only smiles a little bit, before focusing once more on the slowly calming Bardock. Whom eventually could sense that Nexus was not dead, but in fact very much alive.

And not just alive, his energy was becoming more stable, unlike before, which was wavering because of the condition with his heart. He looked less in pain as well, as he lay there. Gynoxyz just rolls his eyes at the comment that Bardock had made about him being alive, and sighs in annoyance now.

"Of COURSE he's still alive you damn fool! I said before I'm NOT here to cause trouble! Gee, you're welcome! I just saved your 'fiancee's' life, he was close to dying, you ungrateful mortal! See if I ever help YOU again." When he says this the most livid expression forms on the god's face, and when he was done he simply disappears, glaring at Bardock. Though he leaves, he doesn't go very far, going to somewhere nearby.

Nexus stirs slightly, and the wound over his chest begins to close, the bleeding having stopped, and within a matter of moments heals completely. However, he does not wake, as his entire being was exhausted. Though Rexyl does wake, and blinks in confusion, wondering what had happened. Only when he saw the red blood does he remember, and he jolts up, balancing himself with the wall by him.

"NYX! Is he alright?!" He was worried, not having heart the short conversation that had followed him passing out.

Goku watched helplessly as Bardock lashed out at Gynoxyz. When all was said and done, however, he looked up just as Gynoxyz was disappearing. Damn it, no! Goku instantly pressed his fingers to his temple and was gone in an instant. When he opened his eyes, he was shocked to see Gynoxyz.. Goku had managed to follow him even though he kept his energy at nearly zero.

Goku was nervous at first, and he sighed shakily, before speaking, "Forgive the intrusion.. please. Don't be angry with my father. He's stubborn at times.. but he only lashed out because he didn't know what you did at first."

He placed his hand over his own chest, smiling only slightly, looking away as he spoke, "You took out whatever was in his chest.. right? What about the scar? Will he have no more pain? I only ask because.. Rexyl is really worried about Nyx.. Anyway.. thank you, for helping."

Turning from his spot, he looks to see that Goku had followed him, and he raises an eyebrow, about to ask what the Saiyan wanted, but before he could speak the other starts talking. All he did was look at Goku, a rather blank expression on his face as he listened to what the other male had to say. Gynoxyz simply shrugs, not caring really about the apology that was given in place for the actual person, he'd have to think about forgiving Bardock, but at the question the corner of his lip turns up just slightly.

"Yes." He replies. "The scar will stay, but there will be no pain. He'll be fine. Rexyl and Nexus are very close, much more close than you realize..." Turning away, he looks up at the sky. "It seems you've gotten rather close with Rexyl, and Nexus with Bardock..." Glancing at the Saiyan from the corner of his eye, he sighs.

"I wonder...if I...No...Probably not..." Looking away, he closes his eyes for a moment, as if in deep thought, his chin now tucked slightly to his chest, his arms crossed. Shaking his head, he sighs deeply, before opening his eyes again and lifting his head. "Might I ask you something? What is this...love?"

Goku smiled, giving a sigh of soft relief. He finally had good news to give Rexyl, and he wouldn't have to worry anymore. Just as Goku was thinking this to himself, he rose his eyes to Gynoxyz, a bit taken back by his question, "Love?"

It's something that Goku has asked many times himself. In the weeks following him getting together with Vegeta, he had been sure what love was at first. After all, he had cared rather deeply fpr Vegeta, despite everything that had happened. But it all changed when he met Rexyl.

"Love.." Goku was struggling with the right words, and he finally decided to stop thinking about what to say... and just say it, "Love is... your heart fluttering everytime you see that certain person. Love is calling them multiple times a day just so you can hear their voice, or know what they're thinking about, or if they're thinking about you. Love is your heart breaking in two.. when they cry, even if it's over something so small and trivial. Love is accepting their flaws.. if they have any." He smiled softly, "But more importantly, love.. is never ever something you learn about by reading it in books, or watching it in movies. Love is something you experience.. and when you find it, you'll rather die than ever let it go again."

Goku shook his head softly, "I never went to school, and I'm NOT a smart guy. But I've never felt this way about anyone before.. not even my late wife, who bore my two children. Love is NOT something you can achieve by getting stronger... its a two way street. Anyway.. I can't be definite if my answer is right... but it's all I have."

Gynoxyz listens to what Goku had to say, pondering each and every word that the Saiyan had to offer on the topic of 'love'. Despite the other telling him that he had not gone to school, that he wasn't smart, Gynoxyz had to disagree. For someone like this, he was quite intriguing, and had a lot to say. Letting his arms fall to his side, he turns to face Goku, and for a moment says nothing, remaining quiet. But then, after taking a slightly deep breath, he speaks up, measuring his words, trying to think of the right thing to say.

"Your words were...interesting. I'll have to say that, for sure. Love...I wonder, if I, a God, could ever find this...love?" Turning his face once more to the darkened sky, his eyes following the path of a falling star, a look of quiet pondering on his face. "I wonder...what you think? Do you think...I can?"

His eyes turn to look towards where the building in which Nexus and Rexyl were, as well as everyone else. "I want to stay here, in this world, just a bit longer. I want to try..."

Goku watched Gynoxyz, a look of inquisiton on his face. But as the God spoke, his eyes widen slightly before softening. So.. he really was here for the same reasons as Nexus. Goku smiled softly before he spoke.

"ANYONE can fall in love.. Piccolo's walking proof of that, to be honest." He pressed both arms over his chest, as if holding himself tightly, "For years Piccolo convinced himself that he didn't need anyone in his life. That he could care less about everyone because they cared less that he existed. So he trained himself not to feel anything. But in all reality.. I think he fell in love with Nexus even before my father did.. he just refused to admit it to himself."

Goku shifted slightly, resting his back against a nearby tree, "The first part of this.. is listening to your heart.." As dangerous as it was, Goku approached Gynoxyz, and softly and gently pressed a hand against the God's chest. He smiled again, "Yeah.. it's there.. Listen to it, and it'll guide you to someone who's right for you.."

Goku took his hand away then, his eyes traveling up to look into Gynoxyz eyes, "You're pretty handsome.. so I'm sure you'll have mo problem finding love."

His full attention was on Goku now, not once did he look away from the Saiyan, the words the other was saying were like some kind of music to his ears. So, even he, Gynoxyz, a God, could find love. Hearing the little input about how Piccolo might have fallen in love with Nexus even before Bardock had was quite shocking, because of how he'd seen them with each other, though...he didn't have any doubt that such a thing could occur.

Gynoxyz's stormy eyes follow Goku's movements, watching as the Saiyan came over to him, much more brave than any other in his opinion, because if one thought about it, approaching him, a God, was probably one of the most dangerous things anyone could do. But despite that fact, Goku had come forward to him, and pushed even the barrier of that dangerous scale, placing a hand upon his chest. His gaze lowers to said hand, listening to what was said.

"Right..."

Looking back into the others eyes now, he gets a skeptical look upon his face as Goku complimented him, or that's what he took it as, saying that Gynoxyz was handsome, going on to tell him that he'd have no problem finding what he was seeking. His hands move to clasp behind his back, brushing against the sword that was hanging there. If finding love was so easy...why hadn't he found it yet? Maybe it was because...of what he was?

"I hope that is true. And thank you for talking to me...I appreciate your words." He bows his head slightly, before offering the Saiyan a smile filled with gratitude. His eyes look towards the building once more, tilting his head to the side just a bit, raising an eyebrow. "Seems there is another visitor nearby...a human?" He smiles, before looking to Goku again.

"Maybe you should go see who it is?"

Goku had been staring Gynoxyz for a few moments before the God spoke. First, thanking him, and then informing another human had gone into the building. Goku blinked, "Damn.. Raj.."

Goku remembered he had left Raj when they were flying to see Nexus. He immediately felt bad. He knew Raj couldn't fly as fast as he could, and they had left pretty abruptly. Knowing this, Goku nods to Gynoxyz, "I should... get back to Rexyl anyway. I'm sure he's worried."

Goku stepped backwards, away from the God and placed two fingers to his forehead, "If you ever want to talk.. or hang out, feel free to come by. I'm pretty much always home.."

With that, he disappears.

Bardock sat beside Nexus, his hand firmly clasping the others. Nexus had been cleaned up and changed, but it still didn't make him feel any better.

Nexus wasn't waking up...

"Have patience. Sometimes warriors just need rest." Piccolo was also trying to console a worried Rexyl, who had just asked ffor the third time if when Goku would be back. Piccolo rubbed his temples, "I don't know, Rexyl.. please-"

"It took me FOREVER to find your power signal, dude!" Raj had just walked inside the room, preparing to snap at Goku, which he NEVER gets to do. Upon entering, he then sighs, "Well what the french, toast?"

Even before Raj entered, Piccolo smirked. He never mistook that 'dude', "Evening, Raj. I assume you're looking for Goku?"

Raj nodded, making his hair bounce just a little, "Yeah! Thatblittke scrotum sucker ditched me! Oh hey, Rexyl!" His face instantly turned into a smile , "'Sup, man?"

Gynoxyz watches as Goku leaves, the smile slipping from his lips, and once he was sure he was alone, he too goes back, though doesn't go completely inside, instead, remaining outside, sitting cross legged mid-air, his energy level hidden completely from detection, it was as if he wasn't even there. For some reason, something inside of him, was telling him to stay close by, as if something was going to happen, to change...so he decided to follow Goku's advice...and listen to his heart. Because he was pretty sure that was what was speaking to him...

Nexus, on the other hand, wasn't hearing anything at that moment. All was silent, because he was in what seemed to be a deep sleep, almost near comatose. He was no longer in pain, but the physical strain his body had gone through dealing with what Gynoxyz had done, drained him of all the strength he had left, causing him to fall into the state of being, so that his body could heal.

Despite the peaceful look on his face, he was in pain, like his body was being poked at all over with fiery hot needles, digging deeper into his skin. The only calmness came from the fact that Bardock was holding his hand, and even so, he had no idea that was why he wasn't freaking out. Breathing came slow and steady, and every so often his eyes would move a tiny bit behind closed eyelids, but there definitely was no sign of him waking up any time soon.

On the other hand, a anxious Rexyl was tugging at Piccolo's clothing, his tiny hands shaking slightly from being so nervous. Since being with Goku, he hadn't really been separated this long from the other, and it was making him feel uneasy. His eyes look over to the door, where Raj had come through, hearing what was being said, but then stops, seeing that the one he was aiming his words at wasn't even there.

At the mention of Goku, his attention turns to Piccolo again, about to tug once more at the Nemekian's clothing. Rexyl was quite persistent when he wanted to be. Hearing the greeting from Raj, and gives him a nervous smile.

"Hi hi Raj-okido. I am waiting for Goku-nii to come back, but Piccolo-gikki says he does not know when Goku-nii will come back..." With that, he turns to Piccolo again, tugging lightly on his clothing.

"Piccolo-gikki, are you sure? You do not know when he will come back? What if Gynoxyz-haikou found him? PICKLES I WANT GOKU-NII!" He pouts then, giving a rather cute angry face to the Nemekian, there was no way, with a face like his, that anyone could get irritated. Maybe.

Piccolo's clothing was pulled at... and pulled at... and pulled at... and Piccolo started to get irritated at Rexyl's persistence. After being shouted at, Piccolo twitched, his eyes closed in an angry huff before he spun his head to look at Rexyl, "Listen, you little b-"

Piccolo stopped however, upon seeing the scowling pout of the younger male. Piccolo, like Bardock, sometimes tended to forget little things when suddenly angered. Piccolo then set a hand on top of Rexyl's head, "Piccolo... and I'm sure Goku will be-"

At that instant, a sudden flash came over the room and Goku smiled, "Heh. Hey guys.."

"YOU!!" Raj went back to angry after hearing Goku's voice. He pointed a finger and then lunged the first object his hand came into contact with at Goku. Which happened to have been a box of tissues, which casually 'tonked' off Goku's broad chest and clacked to the floor.

Goku watched it, laughing nervously as he placed a hand behind his head, "Hey, Raj... you found us, huh?"

"Yeah, no thanks to YOU!" Raj pouted, trying to keep his angry look, but one could see it was already faltering, "You left me in the middle of nowhere, and it took me an hour to find ANYTHING that looked similar to home! Do you know how frustrating that is?!"

Goku then glanced over at Rexyl, smiling and mouthing 'watch this'. He took a step closer to Raj, allowing a hand to raise, and interlock in his hair, "God, I don't know.. WHY I even did such a thing. Do you.. EVER think you could forgive me?"

The look on Goku's face showed some sadness, and he bit his lip as he watched Raj fight with himself. After a moment, Raj huffed, "I really hate it when you do that. I wanted to stay mad dammit!!"

Another giggle erupted from Goku's lips, his facial features changing to normal, "Yeah right, like you could ever stay mad at me." He then sat down beside Rexyl, poking him in the side, "Are YOU mad at me?"

Right as he was being corrected, then about to be told something by Piccolo, Goku appears, and all attention was directed towards him, as if Piccolo had suddenly vanished and all Rexyl could see was the Saiyan who had entered the room. A smile grows on his lips, and his nervousness slowly subsides. Before he could speak up though, Raj does first, throwing a tissue box at Goku, which was slightly ignored.

He watches the whole scene, Raj giving up, quite exasperated with Goku it seemed, making Rexyl smile even more. His eyes follow Goku's movements, when he was sat down next to and poked at, making him giggle softly, his eyes shining with glee. Tilting his head at the question, his eyebrows raise slightly, and he gets a confused look on his face.

"Huh? No, of course not. Why would I be made at you Goku-nii? I could never be mad at you..." He smiles again before suddenly hugging the Saiyan tightly, relaxing against him. "But I was worried for you. I was worried you had done something stupid and got Gynoxyz-haikou mad. You do not want to make him mad...I remember a little bit now about him, but not very much. Just that he is very scary when you make him mad..."

Sitting up slightly, though still leaning against Goku, Rexyl looks at the Saiyan, and sighs softly. There were now three Xerothuans here on Earth, and he was pretty sure that things were going to get interesting from now on. Considering one was a forced fusion creation (himself), a resurrected Prince of Flames, sort of like a semi-god and one who was of royalty (Nexus), and a God whose powers were known to be limitless (Gynoxyz).

Speaking of that God, as he sat outside, floating cross legged mid air, he looks up at the sky, thinking over the things he'd been told by Goku, one of his hands resting lightly over his chest, feeling his heart beating beneath his fingertips, wondering if what the Saiyan had told him could actually happen. Could a God REALLY find love? Sighing quietly, he closes his eyes partway, so only a sliver could be seen beneath his eyelids.

Goku smiled largely, hugging Rexyl before blinking, "Hey, wait a minute. Why would you think I'd automatically do something stupid?"

Piccolo raised an eyebrow, "We ARE talking about you, Goku. And you have a tendency to do stupid things that get you into trouble."

Goku ruffled slightly, a comical annoyed look on his face, "Aw, come on! That's not very nice! Name one."

Piccolo raised more of the same eyebrow, "Billis."

Goku pouted then, "Fine. Name two."

"Majin Buu."

"Oh, shut up!!" A blush appeared over his face as Raj laughed.

Piccolo, proud of putting Goku in his place, smirked before tending to more serious matters, "So what took you so long anyway?"

Goku shrugged softly, "I just talked to him."

Piccolo blinked, the look on his face now in shock, "To who?"

"Gynoxyz." One of Goku's hands softly brushed the hair from Rexyl's face as he smiled softky, "He was actually really nice."

Bardock turned now, his hands still clasped around Nexus' hand, "What the hell did you talk about for so long??"

"The reason why he came to Earth." Goku looked up then, looking back and forth from his father and Bardock, in which both were staring intently at him, "What?"

"So what is it?? Why is he here?" Bardock was getting impatient.

"Sorry, Dad.. but I don't think I should tell you."

"What?! Why not?!"

Goku looked a little nervous. He disliked it when his father raised his voice, especially at him, "Well.. if he doesn't want anyone to know, it wouldn't be right if I said something.."

Piccolo, seemingly annoyed as well, growled softly, "You can't even keep your OWN secrets, but yet you won't day anything about this??"

"What? I have secrets, too!" Goku huffed softly, him, too, getting annoyed at being snapped at by two people. Byt as he was about to say something else, another voice rings out.

"Boy.. sure can cut this tension with a katana, can't you?" Yamcha appeared in the doorway, smiling softly, "What's got everyone so irked?"

Everything was better now that Goku was there with him, and the light conversation between the Saiyan and Piccolo was amusing to Rexyl. Having once settled why they might have thought Goku did something stupid, the conversation goes to why Goku had taken so long, and it seemed as if Rexyl was correct on one thing. Goku had, indeed, been talking to Gynoxyz. But he was surprised to hear Goku say that the God was nice, and their conversation had been about why exactly he was here in the first place.

But when asked what that reason was, Goku absolutely refused to give the answer, protecting the God's secret more securely than his own so it seemed, from what Piccolo said about him being unable to keep his own secrets. Rexyl tilts his head, knowing there had to be an explanation, and right as he was about to ask this, a new voice calls out, and he turns his eyes to the door way, surprised to see Yamcha standing there.

"Hi hi Yamcha-okido. They are talking about Gynoxyz-haikou." He didn't even stop to think if Yamcha even knew who the God was. He just answered the question, something he was getting rather good at lately, though his answers were almost always so vague.

Gynoxyz had been in the shadows, out of view, when he saw the newcomer pass by, knowing quite well that the person wouldn't be able to sense him, so keeps quiet. From what he could tell, that one was a human, but had potential. Once he was alone once more he sighs, closing his eyes, letting his chin rest lightly on his chest.

"Nexus and Rexyl have made quite the life here...It must be nice...to have friends..." He murmurs under his breath, lightly crossing his arms over his chest. What would he have to do...to be like that? Gain what those two had?

Yamcha looked a little confused at first, and then laughed softly, "'Yamcha-okido'? Alright, then. Who's Gynoxyz?"

Goku smiled at Yamcha, "He's the God of Xeros. He fixed Nexus' pain."

Bardock tsked, baring his teeth as he spoke, "You mean he caused pain, Kakarot. He fixed nothing and Nexus still hasn't woken up."

Goku shook his head, much like a persistent child would, "Nuh uh! He said Nexus would have no more pain and is going to be fine. I know because I asked him."

Piccolo shook his head softly, "Wait, Goku, what all did you talk to him about?"

Goku blinked, thinking for a moment, "I asked him if he healed Nexus. He said he did. Then he asked me a question about... something. I answered. Then he said Raj was here, so I came back." He shrugged, "That's it."

"Uh huh... and the question he asked you.. did it have something to do with Nexus?" Piccolo raised a brow again, staring at his friend.

Goku thought again, "Somewhat. But it's nothing bad, so... can we drop it?" He glanced from Piccolo and Bardock again, "If I was worried about it, I'd tell you, wouldn't I?"

Piccolo sighed softly, his facial features softening, "Fair.. I suppose you would."

Goku smiled largely, the usual goofy grin on his face, "Then all is well! Just don't worry about it." He then turned his head to Bardock, "He saved Nexus' life, Dad.. there was something wrong with his heart, and he healed it."

Bardock, his hands still clasped around Nexus' hand, listened, but said nothing at first. Then, he softly sighed, "But Nexus said that.. he could be calm and then he'd... stick his hand in your chest

. I thought..."

Goku nodded, "I know what it looked like.. but he will be okay. Nexus is sleeping. Just watch. Tomorrow, he'll be up and about. But..." he rubbed the back of his neck, cringing softly, "I think you should apologize."

Bardock turned now. "Apologize?? For what?"

"You know for what." Goku gave his father a determined look, "You freaked out before asking what happened."

"He stuck a hand through his chest and I'M in the wrong?!" Bardock looked shocked, angry, and appalled at the same time, "Forgive me, but when someone usually does that, it's for a kill!"

Goku shrugged softly, "He had to get to the heart somehow, maybe it's just what he does."

Bardock growled softly, turning back around, "Fine.. if we happen to come face to face again, I'll thank him properly.. Nexus' power IS increasing.. so I suppose there's truth in what you say.."

Yamcha had been staring this whole time, looking back and forth between Goku, Piccolo, and Bardock. Finally he shook his head, "Wow.. I miss everything.. serves me right for going home and changing.."

Rexyl remains silent, sitting quietly next to Goku, just listening to the conversation that was going on around him amongst the other men. Leaning lightly against the Saiyan, his eyes follow as each person speaks up, folding his hands and setting them in his lap, his eyes beginning to close just slightly as fatigue began to set in. He didn't want to sleep though, but wanted to stay awake and spend time with everyone, even though as this thought runs through his head he yawns widely.

Even as he just stays silent, he had to agree with Bardock for being quite shocked and upset at what the God had done, any person would have thought that Gynoxyz was aiming to kill Nexus from the way it had looked with his hand sticking out of the Xerothuan warrior's chest, and blood getting everywhere.

However, he says nothing, not wanting to interrupt, his eyes constantly looking over to the door, a feeling deep within himself telling him that they weren't quite alone, that there was someone else out there. He might not feel anything like a presence, it was more of a hunch, an itch down his spine per-say.

After a moment or two passes from what Yamcha says, he speaks up, his voice soft. Tugging on Goku's sleeve to get his attention.

"Goku-nii...are you sure that Gynoxyz-haikou left?"

Looking up and around at each of the others, his eyes fall on the sleeping form of Nexus, who, even though his power level was becoming steady and rising, looked as if he was dead, laying there limp and not moving, his chest rising and falling slowly and gently.

"Maybe...someone should go look? I am worried..."

He had a slight frown on his face, and his odd colored eyes were filled with concern. Even though the God had said that he'd healed Nexus, one could never fully trust him, especially someone with a history like he had, and a personality to match it.

Goku then felt the light tugging on his shirt, and he looked down at the concerned eyes of Rexyl. He smiled slightly, but then coughed softly, "Well... I don't think Gynoxyz ever said he was leaving.."

Bardock blinked again, "What?? You mean he's still here?!"

Yamcha was the next to speak, "Look, guys.. I think you may be getting a little paranoid.. Rexyl, do you want to come with me? I'll scout the place out, make sure no creepers are lurking around."

Goku looked nervous, "I dunno... Nexus made it pretty clear not to Let Rexyl outta my sight.."

Yamcha laughed softly, "Geez even when he's passed out, you're terrified of him.. Five minutes and we'll be Back."

His eyebrows press together, and the corners of his lips turn down ever so slightly. So, his hunch had been correct in thinking the God hadn't left completely. If there was nothing more he wanted to do...why was Gynoxyz still there? Was there something else the God wanted to do? Something more that he hadn't spoken of? Rexyl was beginning to think that was the case.

Looking to Yamcha, who had spoken up and offered to go look around, he was about to answer, when Goku spoke up, sounding quite nervous for some reason. It seemed as if the Saiyan was still frightened of Nexus, even though the Xerothuan was out cold, and as if he read Rexyl's mind, Yamcha says that out loud.

"Five minutes, okay Goku-nii?" He looks to the Saiyan, and hugs him, before getting to his feet, rather shakily but still managed. Then he turns to Yamcha and smiles timidly. "Alright Yamcha-okido. Let us go. Um, you can deal with him if he is still here...okay? Gynoxyz-haikou I mean."

He really didn't want to have to stay near the God if he was still there, as Gynoxyz made him feel rather uncomfortable. Glancing towards Goku, he takes a deep breath before walking carefully over to the door, waiting for Yamcha to join him.

Goku looked slightly nervous, but upon hearing that Rexyl wanted to go, he nodded, "Well.. okay.. but don't let him outta your sight, Yamcha."

Yamcha nodded, laughing softly before going.to the door. He walked down the hall with Rexyl, still chuckling, "Boy.. Goku sure is protective of you. Does it bother you at all? Goku being that way, I mean?"

They leave the room, and Yamcha speaks up, asking about how Rexyl felt about Goku's protectiveness, wondering if it bothered him. He tilts his head, concentrating half way on keeping himself balanced as he walked carefully next to Yamcha, the other half of his concentration split in two, thinking of an answer, and keeping an eye out for Gynoxyz.

"I do not if I would say it bothers me. I have never really had anyone be like this for me, though Nyx is very protective, in his own way. But no, it does not bother me..." He smiles a bit, blushing lightly. "In fact, I think I like it. Though...if I have to say, if he were to be this way all the time...I think it would get a bit...bothersome? I know that when I am able, I would like to go places on my own and not have him worry..."

Rexyl never really thought about that sort of thing before, never questioned Goku's protectiveness. "If you had someone you cared about...would you be like that? Worrying about them, protecting them?" He looks straight ahead. "Even if they were capable, would you worry, like the way Bardock and Nyx worry about each other?"

Yamcha watched Rexyl, smiling just a little bit as he walked with him down the hall. They turned a corner and Yamcha looked around. He hadn't felt anyone's presence, but he of all people knew that didn't mean they weren't lurking around somewhere. As he heard Rexyl speak, Yamcha kept watch, and he eventually smiled.

"You know.. to be honest, I'm not quite sure. I mean, the girls that I had usually dated had always found a way to be able to take care of themselves. Even when I did try to protect them, they'd always get annoyed at me, saying I wasn't their watcher, but their boyfriend." He placed both hands behind his head, sighing, "But isn't that the way a man is supposed to treat their women? Protect them? Be there when they CAN'T take care of themselves? Even the girl I'm seeing now, she's a real firecracker."

Yamcha opened the door to outside, looking around, "But Goku always said Chichi was as tough as they came. No wonder he had a hard time making her happy.." the moment he revealed who it was, he blinked. Then he looked nervous a bit, "Okay... Rexyl, I'm gonna have to ask you to not tell Goku that.. it'll be like our special secret, okay?"

Rexyl listens to what Yamcha was saying, surprised slightly by the words that he heard. He didn't know completely by what the other was saying, but got the gist, so nods a tiny bit. He too looks around, his eyes on the search for anything out of place, but so far there was nothing to see, however, even though that was the case, he wasn't going to let his guard down, especially since he knew that Gynoxyz was out there somewhere, who knew, he might be around the next corner?

Then, after they head outside, he listens to the next bit of what was being said, biting his lip. His eyes look to Yamcha, and smiles a tiny bit. "Of course. I promise I will not tell him, It will be...our little secret..." Nodding slowly, a shift in air pressure makes him freeze, and he quickly looks to the shadowed corner nearby, automatically slipping to hide behind Yamcha, feeling a chill slowly make it's way through his body. He was there. And somehow...he wasn't alone. He couldn't see Gynoxyz's visitor, but it didn't look good nonetheless.

Gynoxyz looks over, and a tiny smile forms as he unfolds his legs from their crossed position while floating midair, feet landing quietly on the pavement below. "Hello there...I am surprised Goku isn't with you. Instead, you're with...this one? You don't seem all that capable of protecting someone so...precious." The god raises an eyebrow at Yamcha, reading the other male. "The Saiyan left Rexyl, a Xerothuan, with a human? I am surprised indeed..."

Yamcha was about to say something else until he heard another person speak. Yamcha looked over, tilting his head a bit. Next thing he knew, Rexyl was hiding behind him. Yamcha glanced at Rexyl before his mouth pulled up into a grin. His chest puffed slightly as a sudden feeling of importance washed over his mind, "Yeah, well.. I AM a pretty tough human.. not really your average guy around town. You must be this.. Gynoxyz that everyone keeps talking about. Yamcha. I trained with Goku when we were younger." There was a small swipe of his thumb over his nose, feeling as though he were some kind of bad ass.

"You're so full of yourself, dude." That crooked smile on Raj's face mocked Yamcha, "Krillen's stonger than your weak ass." He lit a cigarette, his eyes trailing to Gynoxyz before he nodded to him, "'Sup, man?"

Yamcha crossed his arms over his chest, looking at Raj with Annoyance on his face, "Yeah, says the one who can't even fight."

Raj wagged a finger, "I, my friend, have CHOSEN not to fight. You die too easily, dude. I'll take my chances being normal." Raj took a drag of the cigarette before he looked at Rexyl, "Goku's flippin', dude. He doesn't like being away from you at all. It's kinda nice to see him happy, though. After Chichi left him, he was in a big funk for a long time."

Raj then turned to Gynoxyz, "Hey, yo. Can I ask you a question? So what's it like being a god? Is it freakin' awesome, or does it get on your nerves after a while?"