the principles of falling in love ((hal7283 and alexia))*private

alexia__

'This is why I don't talk to people' he told himself as they ran back. His emotions had been leaning towards the step brother area but somehow he had managed to make it a confession.

--------------

The morning sun enter through the window of the large classroom, blinding Nagisa's slightly. He had been playing in an old piano that they had found in the Academic building. It had been strange walking into a non music building but he had been sent there.

The old thing looked luscious and antiqued.

*reaches for his phone and dials*

"Sensei I'm here what do I do" he spoke into the devise "okay, got it"

"Tuning" softly he signed. Tuning a piano was a pain in the ass! And that the only phrase he could think of how it describe. Nagisa's opened the backboard and reached for the key set of tuner notes. He proceeded to plucking each of the 70 something strings that matched each white and black key. The sounds creaed by pluckin echoes through the old classroom and the hallways of that floor.

"Great it's to loud" he said. Wanting to finish quickly he sat on the chair and began playing scales on the instrument. In his mind he notes each of the notes that required tuning and got up walking to fix each of the strings.

Half an hour later the piano played perfectly and without realizing it he began to play away . The loud ringings of Beethoven "Symphony 1" played away.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alexia__

• hal7283

"Hey! Kaname, wake up! the teacher is coming near!"

"Um..thanks...." Kanmae woke up from his nap, he hasn't slept well last night, causing him to fall asleep during class. For all night the scene of him and Nagisa in the shopping area replayed again and again, especially the expression he saw on Nagisa's face when he began to run home and tuned around to see if Nagisa was following. Nagisa looked frustrated, disappointed, and a little bit sad. "Running away was the worst thing you could have done! You idiot!" He cursed himself each time Nagisa's face came to his mind.

After a while the class bell rang, after washing his face in the washroom Kaname decided to go for a walk to wake himself up. Then he began to hear the sound of piano lingering in the air. "What...? Am I hearing things now?" Kaname muttered, he listened more carefully and followed the sound, it began louder and louder, and Kaname became certain that someone was indeed playing a piano nearby, in this building.

Kaname followed the sound to a classroom, somehow he had already expected the source of this music, and seeing Nagisa in front of a grand piano confirmed his expectation. Not wanting to disturb him, Kaname stood silently at the door, watching the concentrated expression on Nagisa's face, sinking into the melody.

The tempo slowly grew faster and fast, making trills here and there occasionally, the tip of his fingers hitting the keys stronger and stronger. Scale after scale came from a soft sound to a loud thunder. His smiled brightened as the tempo grew, his wrist ached but its pain was almost overwhelming good.

A chuckled came from his lips as he approached his favorite part, that reflected back to soft meso forte, and had quite the difficult rhythms. Of course from memory the song was twice as hard but Nagisa knew it by heart, he was to play it in a school concerto in a few weeks. He was gifted, but nether-less he feared an audience making him works twice as far to ensure he could not mess up.

The song quickly came to the scale area which required quite the brutte hands for the part. It demanded harsh playing almost as if slamming that piano. A laugh came from his lips as he played the part faster and faster, a small tear coming to the corner of his eyes.

"Okay, enough" he said as he got up. Walking to the door he sticks his head out to ensure no teachers were there and comes face to face with Kaname

"Ah--hh" came out of his mouth as a cry of scare and surprise "K-kaname?" he whispered

"Where you listening!" he quickly asks.

"Haha, got you!" Kaname smiled as he saw the surprised expression on Nagisa's face. "Yeah, I was wandering in the hallway when I heard the sound of the piano, so I followed it here. Somehow I figured it must be you."

Kaname looked at the piani in the classroom and continued: "That was a wonderful performance! But why did you come here? Aren't there pianos in the music building? Why's there a piano in yhe academic building anyway?"

"Piano's grow legs Kaname, come o is basic anatomy" he said with some teasing tone behind his sarcasm.

"Besides I'm not the only music student in this school" continued Nagisa giving Kaname an incredulous look as he moved his hands to his pockets and tugged them inside.

Tilting his head to the side he slightly signed as his eyes remained on the small frame of kaname's "Don't tell anyone you heard that" he said now slightly serious "its supposed to be a surprise when dad gets back in about...." he said drifting slightly as if to remember a specific day " w-when he eventually comes back"

Kaname laughed at the joke Nagisa made about the piano. "I know there're a lot of music students around, I just had a hunch it was you. Maybe it was from the way you played?" Nagisa joked.

Then after Nagisa asked him to keep it as a secret, he replied : "Of course, you can count on me! But a surprise? what's the occasion? Is it dad's birthday or something? Should I think of a present for him then?"

"No that's later on in the year around summer" answered Nagisa "we are having a piano competition between the students in a few weeks and I wanted him to hear my audition" a small smile made its way to his lips, though his palms were sweaty due to nervousness from talking about it.

From the far end a few students made their way to some class, which instantly reminded Nagisa that he was not in his building or class. Quickly he reached for the door, closed it and locked it up with the key sensei had given him.

"I'll see you around Kaname" his hand tapped the others shoulder as he began to walk down the hallway

"You still owe me a cup of coffee!!!" Kaname waved at the back of Nagisa and began to walk back to his classroom. He remembered the nervous smiled on Nagisa's face when he talked about the performance, and chuckled. There was a almost childlike purity to Nagisa, and his direct expression of love towards his, while their father was quite rare for the guys of his age, especially in the case of a single father bringing up a son.

"A surprise for father.....I wonder when will I be able to get surprised by Nagisa...." Kaname muttered, then he suddenly realized what he just said to himself, his face immediately turned red.

"What the.......did I just got jealous towards my step father....over my step brother?!!!" Kaname cringed in embarrassment, he looked around, and thanked the heavens no one was around.

The day continued on the same as usual, every class after another; almost as if following an everyday routine.

Sometime, before lunch, Nagisa found himself walking towards Kaname's class to deliver the drink he had previously bought. But due to his uniform standing out so much between all the others, walking casually became twice as hard.

"Hey you!" he called to one of the guys that was making his way to Kaname's class.

"me?" he answer

"You know Kaname Yamamoto?" asked Nagisa "Can you give him this please, and don't drink it I'll be asking him if he got it" he told the guy before he had to run off.

He became somewhat disappointing as he watched the guy walk into the class..."That could have been me" he spoke to himself as he continued to walk away.

'This sucks'

"Hey! Kaname!" Kaname turned around hearing a classmate calling his name, looking at the hand holding the coffee being extended to him he asked: "What's this?"

"It's from your brother. He told me to give it to you."

"Oh, thanks!" Kaname took the coffee from the classmate's hand, he can smell the aroma even with the lid on. He took a sip from the opening on the lid, it was still quite hot, and the unique bitterness of the coffee immediately ran from his tongue all the way to his brain.

"......He forgot to get me any milk or sugar...." Kaname made a slightly bitter smile. He wondered why Kaname didn't come and give the coffee to him personally, and to be honest, Kaname was expecting something more like the two of them go to the coffee place and have a cup of coffee together and have a good time. "Perhaps I should I just ask him directly next time..."he thought to himself, and took another sip from the cup.

The afternoon had become windy in a matter of seconds and dark clouds had filled the sky. For what the news report had said, there was to be little chance of rain that day, but as Nagisa looked to the sky he guess that chance was there. Soon after water drops began to fall from the sky and fill all the surface of the earth.

Sighning he closes the window sits on the small border of it "I did not bring an umbrella"

For all he knew, rain was not supposed to happen, and he assumed Kaname had though the same thing.

'Are we stuck here in school?' he asked himself as he saw everyone shift around the classroom.

"Nagisa....Nagisa" called a boy.

"Huh oh Kaito?" He asked

"The bell rung" answers the boy with a smile before exiting.

The day was now far darker than before, reaching for his phone he dialed Kaname's number. If they were going to be stuck here then might as well be together

Kaname looked worriedly out the window, the sky was covered by dark clouds, and soon rain showered down, and he didn't bother to bring a umbrella with him this morning. In the past in this situation he would just share an umbrella with the friends who lived close. But most usually he just simply brave through the rain laughing.

There's something about running the the rain and being flooded by cold water that brings the wildness of people out, give you a strange liberating feeling. At least that's what Kaname felt about it. Of course the cost of doing that were often a severe cold and a few days in bed, which regretfully, after just transferred to the new school and have a new class to catch up on, he can't afford to do right now. He said to himself: "Maybe next time, Kaname, maybe next time."

Then suddenly his phone ran, he looked at the display and saw the name of his brother, he immediately picked it up:

"Hello? Nagisa where are you right now? .............Still at school?.........OK, where do you want to go? The cafeteria? Or maybe you can continue practice piano in that classroom we met earlier today?"

The practice room was now completely dark due to the jack of use and life. Nagisa opening the large window to come face to face with pouring rain. A now gray like color took possession of the place, it was some sort of depressing like states and tiring to the eyes.

In truth, Nagisa did not like rainy days, they were fine when it was from a distance, but now being so close to the water, touching it if he extended his hand he felt sick. Since he could remember his hair always created a far off memory of a rainy day, his father standing next to him both under an umbrella in the rain.

Any important details were not present but every time he remembered it a sick like feeling came to him.

Backing away slowly he removed his jacket and laid on the floor his eyes attached to the large window until, without realizing, they closed.

"Hey Nagisa, are you there? I was..." Kaname peaked into the classroom and saw no one. He walked inside, and the was welcomed by a wave of rainy wind in the face. He walked up to the window and closed it. "Now where is he....?" he looked around the dark classroom looking for Nagisa, and soon found him sitting by the wall.

"You're gonna catch a cold sleeping there....man, at least sleep on the piano chair or something..." Kaname walked to Nagisa and sat beside him, leaning on him slightly. He looked out the window, and there was no sign of the rain stopping anytime soon.

He turned back looking at Nagisa. He stared at him for a while, seeing him still fast asleep, he couldn't help himself but reaching for his dark blonde hair hanging at the side of his face, feeling its smooth texture between his fingers. He tried to figure out a proper way to describe the face in front of him, but could only came up with 'beautiful'. Moving his hand down along the hair he touched Nagisa's face lightly with the back of his hand, it felt smooth, and a bit cold. Eventually his finger ended up near Nagisa's lips, touching it with the tip of his finger he was amazed by how soft it felt.

He took back his finger and touched his own lips, and wondered how would it feel if that softness came in contact with his own. Mesmerized, enchanted, Kaname found the face of Nagisa was getting closer, and closer......just a few inches more and their lips would join.............

A had been surprised at first but the hand touching his face, quickly he wanted to brush it away out of embarrassment but then he concluded that he'd might as well stick around for what came.

A proper confession?

He had assumed the person would speak their un-dying to Nagisa and then leave, but once had felt the soft placement of the others lips on his own he knew what was happening. No confession ever came, but instead lips lingered there. The sensations of life rippled through Nagisa's body.

His first kiss.

At first it was weird to admit the firsts but its was to himself right...?

"Hey" he spoke up once the lip were gone, his eyes remained close.

"Reflect on this for 5 seconds, if you have nothing to lose stay, and let me find out who you are. But" his voice coming with a warning "If you're risking anything with me seeing you, then I suggest you run off now; 5 seconds. And hurry my brother's on his way here"

He counted 5.......

slower than seconds really were 4.............. because nothing like this had ever occurred 3..................... how nice would it be to see someone there when he opened his eyes 2.............

but would they stay 1...................... I mean was there anyone that brave?

"I hope you're gone"

Kaname's heart almost stopped as he heard Nagisa's voice. Finally realized what he has done he panicked, had no idea what to do. Countless thoughts occurred and echoed in his head, making a total mess in his brain : "Why did I kiss him?! Nagisa is my step brother! He is cute and handsome and beautiful and talented and kind and friendly and sometimes childlike and all but why the hell did I kiss him?! He's gonna kill me he is going to hate me what where when why I don't even!!!!!"

Then he heard Nagisa began his count down, each count felt like it lasted forever, but also felt like it was barely a blink of an eye. "What should I do? Should I run now? Should I hide? Or should I stay? Should I just leave and come back in again and pretend nothing happened and go back to normal? What's normal?I don't even know what normal's supposed to be like between us anymore!!!! Why did I kiss him!!!!Do I like him? Yes! Do I love him! Yes he is my step brother, my family, no wait you idiot you don't just kiss you step brother in the lips because he is family what the hell is wrong with me!!!!!!!!"

His heart was bumping like crazy, tears were surging up his eyes. In his panic he forgot to react. As Nagisa's countdown was going towards its end he finally decided to get up, but lost balance as he attempted to climb up and fell on the ground. As he pushed up his upper body and turned to look at Nagisa, the countdown ended.

His eyes opened the light softly hitting them and creating a small shine. The watered slightly until they drifted to the figure.

"Didn't manage to run fast enough?" he asked with a chuckle, the other's face hidden. He stood from where he sat and walked to the figure.

"Want me to tur...." his words froze and his eyes widened as he saw Kaname's face.

The boy flushed and teary eyed. Nagisa's face went white and stepped back a bit, his shock preventing any more movement.

"K-Ka..." words left his brain, everything left his thoughts he couldn't understand what this situation was portraying.

"Kaname? why?" he stood there over the other's body his own breath coming in large gasps now, but he tried to remain composed.

The thing with Nagisa was, that he could tell if this was a terrible surprise or a very pleasant one.

"Na.....Nagisa.....I....I‘m sorry I didn't mean to..." Kaname finally managed to get up, tears were streaming down his face but he didn't have the leisure to bother with that. He looked away from Nagisa, as if trying to escape his gaze. His hands waved around aimlessly in the air, like a drowning man trying to grab on to a floating wood.

"I came here to find you then I saw you sleeping sitting by the wall so I sat beside you then I looked at you I don't know my brain went blank and then...........and then........" Kaname's rant became lighter and lighter, until it was reduced to a meaningless mumble jumble. He looked down at the floor, his body shaking, tears dropped on the wooden floor.

"Ah...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" Suddenly Kaname let out a big roar of frustration. Maybe he had finally gathered enough courage, or maybe he just gave up, he raised his head, stared at Nagisa with his teary eyes and said: " Alright!!!!! Fine!!! I kissed you!!! God damn it, I kissed my fucking step brother who I've only just met for a few fucking days!!!!! I don't know why but I guess I am attracted to you!!!! I'm sorry I kissed you while you sleep so go ahead and punch me in the face or something!!!"

He watched the frustrated boy with a quiet gaze. Wondering what had driven anyone to such actions.

"Kaname" he called his voice ringing through the quiet class room. His eyes not once lifting from the other figure.

A small sprinkling sounds came from the glass window as water hit it, the storm had gotten stronger. Ironically it fit the situation far too much.

"I..." he said and paused "I won't say these things happen but *pauses* i'm willing to brush it off if you are, yes?"

His hands extends to the Kaname who was still on the floor.

"I won't punch you, it will ruin your figure" he added with a shy smile.

He couldn't believe the words that came from his mouth. It was true he did want to let the situation pass, but he was on edge. It was his first kiss, which was taken it less than a second and not only that by someone who he had just met!

"Brush it off....? You mean like.....like it never happened?" Kaname looked up at Nagisa, in all reason this should have brought relief to Kaname, but it didn't. Kaname put his right hand on his chest, an unbearable pain spread from his heart.

Kaname managed to stood up tears were streaming down, but it wasn't the tears of panic and fear like before, but something much more bitter, much more painful. He attempted to smiled, but only Nagisa could tell how it actually turned out. He managed to force the mutter out despite his urge to cry out: "Th....Thanks..... Nagisa, it's really ..really kind of you..... I..... I was..." The room became too much for Kaname to bear, and he rushed out of the classroom.

Ignoring the wind and rain Kaname ran and ran, had no clue where he was going, just ran, until his lungs could no longer keep up, he leaned on the wall of a building, breathing heavily, his hand squeezing his chest in pain. He looked up to the dark sky, and for the first time in his life cursed the pouring rain.

"w-wa..-" but before Nagisa could finish his sentence Kaname was gone.

"Shit"

The smaller boy ran much faster than Nagisa did but he tried to keep their distance from growing to wide. "Oi Kaname" he screamed but the rain hitting the surface drowned his voice. At one point he lost sight of the smaller boy and his heart grew in beating. All he could think was of the worse case scenarios.

"Kaname" he screamed again his voice slightly cracking in the end, the over use of it hurt his throat badly and he already knew if this continued there'd be no singing for a long long time.

Back when he was younger Nagisa loved to scream and talk loudly but due to it his voice would die out and it'd hurt terribly.

"Kaname" he screamed one more time until he spotted the smaller figure leaning by a large white wall.

"OI" he murmured now feeling the pain on the back of his throat.

"Are you ok--" but the sentence would never finish.

Nagisa mistook his steps and tripped by a hole that was now inundated in water and could not be seen, he went down faster than he had expected and without realizing it his hands came up for protection. This was his mistake.

A loud scream came from his voice, himself not even realizing he had the much voice left, the fall wasn't the problem, his fall had been rather awkward causing his small right pinkie to be crushed by the weight of his body and the hard concrete.

For all the pain that ran up his arm Nagisa assumed it had broken.

"Nagisa?" hearing his painful scream Kaname raised his head, and saw Nagisa on the ground. He immediately rushed to his side.

"Nagisa! Are you alright?!" He helped Nagisa get up, and saw his hand. "Let me see it!" Kaname said worriedly, and saw his little finger was bent to a strange direction, but was slightly relieved to see there was no break of skin.

"Come on, get up, I'll take you to the doctor." Kaname said while helping Nagisa stand up. Waving at a taxi which happened to pass by Kaname sent Nagisa to the hospital. After some examination the doctor was able to put the finger back to its normal state, with a protective splint to keep it in place. The doctor prescribed some medicine to ease the pain, and asked Nagisa to come back for recheck in the following weeks.

On their way home Kaname was silent in the taxi. It would take about 15 days for Nagisa to take off the splint, and even longer for it o completely heal. Nagisa didn't tell him when will the piano competition be, but it's sure he wouldn't be able to make it, and it was all his fault. He had no idea how to face Nagisa. His heart was filled with guilt and regret.

His head wavered back and forth as the pain killers hit. The taxi insides were a bit blurry and all he could feel was the weigh on one hand and Kaname next to him. Finally he gave up, his head slumped to one side and landed on what he believed to be the boys shoulder

"H-hey" he called with his raspy voice "it's fine" his left hand extended to reach Kaname's right one "you'll be my right hand from now one" he whispered as his eyes fluttered close. The distance from the hospital to the house was quite some, so he didn't worry much about his sleep.

It was true and he would not deny the pain he'd felt in his heart was far worse than that of the finger. One should know better than to run off into the rain it was impulsive abs ridiculous, but,

When Kaname had ran off he felt the instant need to follow.

Soon the taxi arrived at the house, and Kaname pushed Nagisa lightly: "Wake up, we're home."

While during their stay in the hospital the nurses were nice enough to give them some towels to dry up a bit, braving through the rain again to get into the house had made both of them soaking wet again.

".........You should take a bath. I'll go and fill up the tub." Kaname said before leaving Nagisa in the living room. He entered the bathroom and dialed the temperature to hot and turned on the tap. Soon hot water was beginning to fill the up the tub, and the room was filled with hot steam. When the tub was full he went back to the living room.

"The bath is ready.......Do you want me to help" Kaname asked awkwardly.

The house air made Nagisa slightly shiver from the cold water of the outside. The falling of the rain could be heard all through the house due to the wind and amounts of rain. Sighing he removed his sweater and threw his shoes at the entrance. Carefully he moved his arm around to see the small white cast cover his finger.

Kaname soon returned and Nagisa stared at him white the question left his lips.

"Eh" he said with a smirk "you want to help me bath?"

The question was quite the surprise for him but he couldn't help but see how cute the other was....cute?!

Quickly he looked away and walked toward the bath room

"You can help me un bottom my jeans" he murmured "It hurts to move my hand a bit"