the principles of falling in love ((hal7283 and alexia))*private

alexia__

"Hmm...Maybe we can take that class together then." Kaname answered.

And when Kaname heard Nagisa saying the "History is good", and saw the expression on his face, Kaname burst out laughing: "Ha Ha Ha! Let me guess, you're bad at history, aren't you? Yeah yeah I understand, all the dates of historical events and the countless names of kings and queens and politicians you need to remember. Who the hell can remember all that? And what's the point right? Especially when some teachers can be such a pain in the ass, making the whole thing as dry and dull like a leftover toast on the counter!"

Kaname continued: "The truth is, they're not what history is really about. Of course they are important, and these individuals usually lived interesting lives that make up a good story, but they are just markers, or for the lack of a better word, avatars, of larger currents and discourses of society. And once you see the bigger picture, the minor details don't matter anymore."

"I know!" Kaname hopped close to Nagisa and said excitedly: "I can help you with history, in exchange you can help me with music, not just learning music history of course, like really playing a instrument or something! I've always wanted to learn how to play music!" His eyes glittered behind the glasses.

Then suddenly he realized he was being too close to Nagisa, can almost feel his breath on his own skin. Kaname's face blushed and he quickly back off.

"S...Sorry I got carried away again. Um...Well.....Ah! Look at the time! I'm going back to my room now! Good night!"

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alexia__

• hal7283

The sudden outburst of excitement took Nagisa by surprise. He had to admit it was terribly cute but he didn't notice , at least not fast enough, how close the boy had gotten to him. And when he did it was already too late, their faces ot inches from each other, staring into one others eyes.

At lost for words Nagisa stared, which was all he could do after being captivated by such lovely eyes. Suddenly the other got up to leave and without realizing it his own hand came up and grabbed the others wrist.

'Let go! What are you doing' he told himself. But all he could do was take in more of Kaname as if creating an internal picture .

"I-it will be great if you did help...me" he says before he releases the hand and rips his eyes away from the others face.

"Ok, see you tomorrow then!" Kaname waved goodbye to Nagisa.and went upstairs. He closed the door by leaning on it, he raised his hand and looked at the wrist which Nagisa held, the warmth of his palm still lingered on Kaname's skin. He felt his heart bumping wildly in his chest.

"What the......."he muttered. A weird feeling flooded his mind, and he had no idea what exactly was it. He shook his head, trying to shake the feeling away.

"Bed time now!" he said to himself before dive into the bed, covering his head under the sheets, still feeling the warmth on his wrist.

After that Nagisa's went up to the room and sleep for a good 4 hours before his mind gave up and he woke up. Looking around the dark room he read 2:30 on the clock near by. He rolled around the bed for a while listening to the empty sounds of the house.

Getting up from the bed he turned on the light and headed to his closer and grabbed some head phones. Soon he was back on the bed with the embracing dark, the headset connected to his phone and lovely music began to play.

Around 6:00 the alarm on his phone went off, Nagisa rose from the bed once again and headed to the bathroom. He showered and dressed. The uniform was composed of a lovely black set of pants and a pear white dress shirt, ontop he wore a jacket just as white with light blue gold lines running from the sides and a bright blue and gold logo on the left side ontop of his heart. The logo symbolized the music department. This was the uniform the music students wore, the other departments had a navy blue jacket with a medical sing and the other option was a red velvet color with an academically logo.

Exiting his room he headed to Kaname's and knocked, "time to get up" he said white his head peaked inside the dark room.

"School"

"Thank you for waking me, but I'm already up." Kaname climbed up the stairs and saw Nagisa peeking into his room. He hasn't git the new uniform yet so he was wearing the uniform from his old school: black pants, white shirt, and a dark blue jacket.

"Come on, I've made some breakfast for both of us. I hope you like pancakes cause I 've made lots of it." Kaname said while walking back downstairs.

This slightly surprised Nagisa, usually no one was awake in the house by the time he got up for school.

'Maybe I should make him my alarm' he though to himself as he walked down to stairs.

Soon a wave of sweet smell slapped Nagisa in the face, the warm aroma was welcomed and his stomach slightly twisted making the taller boy realize just how hungry he really was. The table was nicely set with juice and milk in the middle and a large stack of pancakes on each set of the seat chairs. The large fluffy things looked golden, almost royal if anyone asked Nagisa, the smooth syrup slowly dripping down.

"T-these are huge" he stated as he sat down and took a good look at them. His eye brows slightly frowned 'I would have to work these out later' he told himself as he dug in. The taste was even better than the way they looked and before he realized it the plate was empty and only a bit of syrup was left behind.

Licking his lips he stood from the chair and moved to reach for his car keys and bag.

"Lets get going soon, s traffic won't catch up"

The drive to the school was short, due to the small amount of drivers that morning; usually it was a lot busier. The large school came into view and it did nothing but impress Nagisa, like it always did. The building was gran, almost as if it was compensating for something. Soon the car was parked and they made their way to the student services.

"Talk to the ladies in there, they will give you your classes, oh and.." he said as he reached into his bag and grabbed a small sticky note, he quickly jotted something down "this is my number, message me if you need anything. I will be in that large building over there with the music logo" said Nagisa as he pointed to the far away left building.

"Have fun today" he waved as he hurried to the music department.

Kaname went to the reception as he wasn told. After confirming his identity, the staff there quickly gave some forms for him to fill, and after that showed him the way to his classes in the Academic building. It was still early, and Kaname was the first in the room.

Soon the other students began to show up, and Kanme went up to them to introduce himself. At first they were startled by the new student, but if Kaname is good at one thing it's to make his presence welcomed, and soon they were taken over by Kaname's charm. His ability to talk about anything from the latest fashion and cosmetics to vintage video games also made him easy to talk with. When the teacher finally showed up Kaname has already made quite a few friends.

The classes went well, and Kaname liked the teachers. They were knowledgeable, and above all, knew well how to convey their knowledge to the students. Soon it was lunch time and the classmates invited Kaname to eat with them.

"Ok, let me send a message to my brother and see if he wants to join." Kanme answered, he pull out his cell phone and began to type.

"Brother? Kaname your brother is here too?" One of the boys asked him.

"Yeah, Yamamoto Nagisa. He's in the Music Department." Kaname said while typing.

"Yamamoto...... You mean THAT Yamamoto Nagisa?! You're his brother?!" The classmates nearby began to gather like bees to honey.

"I guess, unless there's two of them....why? Is he famous or something?"

"He is like the big star of the whole school" the girl said excitedly, "Every girl, and perhaps a large amount of guys here would die to date him!!"

"I heard he is quite a douche bag." One of the guys muttered.

"You're just jealous that he is smart and handsome, and has won so many prizes!"

The classmates got more and more excited. Kaname now realized he has got himself into a mess. He silently slipped away from the crowd and escaped the chaos. When the crowd is finaly out of sight he sighed in relief. He deleted the old message he was about to send to Nagisa and retyped: "I'm heading for lunch by myself. Where are you?"

(I've assumed Nagisa is probably popular beyond belief in the school with his looks and music talents and that cool personality, is it OK with you?)

Once the day has started Nagisa immediately regretted not getting more sleep.

First classes consisted of music theory, and all the boring information that followed the activity, he nearly feel asleep. Then it proceeded to music composition, in there he did not last long before his head hit the table.

He was awoken by a tap on his shoulder and the teacher shadowing him.

"Even prodigys have to stay awake" she demanded before walking away from his and back to the front of the board. The distraction caused a few of the girls to turn his way and give him a few giggles. Later during the day he got a text from Kaname asking him something about lunch.

Agreeing he sent back Sure, roof top when bell rings.

Lunch had arrived before he expected it and he found himself sitting next to the small figure, his head swinging badly from side to side due to his sleepiness and his bento box remained in his hands, untouched.

The last classes of the day soon approached, Music Appreciation was next. As always, Nagisa was one of the firsts to walk into class and surprisingly he found his new step brother sitting in a desk.

The tables had a long section that provided sitting for two students, Nagisa made his way to Kaname and slightly smirked at him as he pulled the chair next to the boy and sat there. The class soon began too and most of the students gave off glances at them, probably wondering who the boy next to him ways.

One the teacher had walked into the class the talking stopped and introduced Kaname "We have a new student!" she said excitingly "And a new Test after today's lesson also! so pay attention". After all the complaining had settled down Nagisa put his head down and feel asleep "Wake me up when she gives us the test" he told Kaname.

“Are you Ok? You're sure you don't want me to take you to the infirmary?" Kaname whispered to Nagisa but got no response, he is already asleep. Looking at the regular ups and downs of Nagisa's back he smiled gently, and turned hia attention back to the blackboard, at least one of them need to keep track of the lesson.

The class was difficult for Kaname to understand, as it dealt with ideas and terminologies which he was not familiar with. But he was able to provide some feedback when the teacher was talking about the historical backgrounds and context of the music. "Looks like there's a lot of catching up to do." He thought to himself.

Towards the end of the class the teacher hand out the quiz as promiaed, Kaname shaked Nagisa gently and said:" Hey, wake up, quiz time!"

Quickly Nagisa's head snapped up at Kaname's alert. He smiled slightly realizing that there was only 20 minutes for school to end and he could get some proper sleep.

Again he promised himself, like he did everyday, that he would go to sleep early. The teacher passed by their table and delivered two papers ,one for each boy. Quickly Nagisa reached for a pencil and scanned through the exam,

With his lips slightly moving he read each of them.

'Jazz history' 'comparison of blues and classical' so and so followed each one slowly increasing in difficultly. Nagisa began writing away but occasionally looked over at Kaname's paper to see how he was doing. He assumed that starting now the boy would have some time to process each of the questions. Before realizing it Nagisa's had finished his exam and stood to return it to the teacher.

"Thank you, also I will curve the new students test since he's new do let him know" he said as she began to check his paper. Nagisa walked back to his chair

"She's cutting you slack Kaname" said Nagisa before he leaned back on the chair slightly, and put his hands on his side pockets. Without realizing it his eyes traveled to the boys concentrated face.

The test was difficult, not because the questions were complicated or tricky, but simply because Kaname had no idea what many of the questions were asking about. So instead of wasting time on those questions he had no idea about, he decided to make the most out of what he already knew, describing elaborately on the historical context and social meanings of the music style in the question, even using the blank spaces of the questions he couldn't do. Wwhen he finished his mini essay he stood up and hand the test to the teacher, then he walked back yo ghus seat and sat down, siging in relif. He turned and looked at Nagisa, and found Nagisa starring at himself.

"Wh....What?" His heartbeat accelerated immediately due to the gaze.

Nagisa jumped from his frozen like state and saw Kaname looking back at him "Ah..h-huh?" he asked not really sure what the other boy had said.

In his head he was replaying again the day they met, the boy's easy air and demanding character had made its way into Nagisa's monochrome world and now he found his school world being invaded also... invaded? was that the word?.

Sighing he drags his eyes to the floor. 'maybe its stress' Nagisa told himself after some time. After Kaname had gone to work with him, he had found an urge to communicate with the boy, open up, or anything!

"how stupid" he whispered as the last bell of the day rung.

Kaname moved his gaze away from Nagisa and just stared blankly at the blackboard for the rest of the class. He thought to himself: "What was that about? The way Nagisa stared at me."

But then again, what did Kaname knew about Nagisa anyway? They've only just met. When Kaname found Nagisa's behavior odd at times, he may simply just like that normally?

Soon the class bell rang and Nagisa picked up his stuff, he turned and said to Nagisa :"Come on. let's go home. You look like you really need to catch up on some sleeping."

The drive home was quick, which would've been the same walking making Nagisa's question as to why he did not bother with the extra excersice. The inside of the house was dark and a bit cold. It looked almost desolated with the lack of life.

When his step mother had first walked into the house he remembered her happy face, because , according to her, the house was huge and vaguely available to decorate. Now , looking at the black and white colors that filled the house, he wonder what exactly the woman had in mind.

'Would the change be... welcomed?' he wondered now as he looked to the piano. Suddenly all tiredness gone .

"What are you going to do now?" Asked Nagisa's as he reached for his school shirt and jacket and removed them. Leaving a plain soft white shirt.

He reached into his bag and removed a couple of sheet music and headed for the piano "I'll try not to make too much noise"

"It's OK, go ahead and bring it on." Kaname said while taking off his jacket and leave it on the sofa. He took out the text book from his bag and sat down. He said while flipping the book open: "Make it as loud as you want. I don't mind." and he put all his attention on the contents in the book.

After a while Kaname put down his book, Nagisa was still playing the piano. Seeing the concentrated expression on Nagisa's face Kaname smiled and went to the kitchen. 'What~~~should~~~I~~~cook~~~?" he opened the fridge while humming joyfully along the sound of piano. "Hmm...it's a bit late to start something elaborate.........I guess a simple pasta and some salad would have to do.........." He began to take the ingredients out of the fridge and began cooking. Soon the dinner was finished: pasta seasoned with Italian spices, olive oil, parmersan cheese and sausages; a lettuce salad with vinegar dressing. He took the food to the dining table and yelled to Nagisa jokingly : "Honey~~~diner~~~~"

Nagisa was deeply concentrated in his music now, all tiredness gone, any distractions set aside. He could hear in the back light steps and knew Kaname was moving.

His assignment was to learn the 'Four Seasons' song for a play the theater students were creating. The only problem now was that he was stuck in Winter and all the fast runs that did not fit correctly into the slow moving piece was driving him crazy. He continued and continued at one section until, finally, he managed to move on. The melody emerging from the large instrument had captivated him completely, his fingers slowly moving over each key.

From another room he heard a male voice call

"Honey~~~diner~~~~"

Surprised by the sudden remark his hands freeze as he sticks the keys. The sound moving from a lovely melody to a car like squeak almost as if striking all the keys at once.

"W-what did you...?" he said in a murmured like voice as his face grew red and heater. Rising from his chair he walked to the kitchen table and looked at his brother, his face red and embarrassed.

20a9x1t.jpg

"I was kidding!! Man you should look at your own expression in the mirror!!! It's priceless!!!" Kaname burst out laughing as Nagisa came into the dining room. He wiped the tears off with his hand and said: "Come on Nagisa, let's sit down and eat. Sorry I couldn't make something more elaborate. So please tell me your preference next time and I'll see what I can do."

Thus the two began to eat, and in the middle of it Kaname asked : "Hey, Nagisa, I've got q question for you. When I talked about you with my classmates they all kinda wen crazy about you. They say you've won like tons of prizes and you're like the star of the school. You must be surrounded by fan girls all the time tight?"

His eye brow twitched as he caught the smaller boy laughing at him 'you're soooo funny!' He said to himself sarcastically. Slightly smirking he took a seat and began to eat

"I don't have anythig specific as long as is not to greasy" he said as he schewed on the food. His mouth was slightly tingling from all the condiments that had been used in the dinner, although it was something simple the taste was beyond original.

He had almost forgotten the world and consentrated on the flavor when Kaname talked. A dry chuckle emerged from the back of his throat as he consumed the last amounts of food on his plate. He the reached for seconds.

"Ah let's see, many rumors get around" he said trying to be as modest as possible, he knew he was good now that didn't mean he liked showing off.

"I have a large collection, if you haven't seen it its literaly the closet next to our room. There are...thropies there" he whispered the end

"Anyway! Yes people say things here and there because I can grab some music and read the paper. I don't even know what the whole deal is with them, and I'm not really interested in the girls I try to avoid them" he states before he digs into his second plate of food again drowning in the delicious tatste.

'Become a chef' he mentally told his brother

Kaname thought that he may ask Nagisa to show him the trophies he got since they're something rare to Kanmae. The only trophy Kaname has ever won was back when he was in primary school, something about writing.

Then he listened carefully as Nagisa explained his popularity, or the lack of interest of it. It seems KNagisa isn't the kind who would drwon in his own success and fame. This was a relief to Kaname, but......

"You're not interested in the girls? So........ Do you already have a special someone?" Kaname asked, and awaited his answer. There was more than curiosity behind Kaname's question, as his heart beat accelerated for some reason. But even Kaname himself didn't understand what it was.

Nagisa froze midway, with a spoon full of food in front of his mouth, slowly he set it back down and reached for the glass full of water. The question came more of a surprise but what really astonished him was the fact that he had never really wondered to look for 'a special person'

"Ahmm" he said his eyes moving to the floor then to kaname's face "I wouldn't say I'm not exactly interested I mean Im not but its just..." he sort of stuttered on his words

"These people don't see me, they don't know me" he states "How can you love someone you don't know? Isn't that superficial?" he places some food on his mouth, quickly chews and shallows

"All they see is the music and talent, which instantly is associated with something about sexy boyfriend or whatever" his eyes now focus on Kaname's dark hair and notices a speck of dusk on it "I would really like it if I did have someone special, someone to love...like romance movies!"

*rises from the chair*

"but I would like it even more if they saw me" Nagisa walks to were Kaname was sitting and reaches for the dusk on the boy's hair

"Dust" he states before reaching for the plates on the table then proceeds to washing them.

"T-thank you for the food, I can't exactly repay you with cooking but I'll buy you some milk at school tomorrow or...coffee" he whispers just loud to be measly heard.

The house was soon quiet and only a small sound from the sink was heard.

"I-i'm embarrassed just talking about myself" he told the other with a small smirk.

Kaname could almost felt his heart skipped a beat when Nagisa touched his hair and took the dust, but he was quick to return to normal. He said to Nagisa who was beginning to wash the dishes: "I guess those people can get annoying, and only see the surface of you. But isn't that how all social relations work? You first get to know strangers because of some random and remote things, like common interest, common occupation, or even just out of pure chance! It's only later that people can slowly go beyond that initial common ground and know each other deeper and better. You need to give people a chance to know you."

Kaname walked up to Nagisa and leaned on the counter beside him : "And also, there's no need to 'repay' me or anything. We're family now remember? That being said, a coffee tomorrow would be nice. "

When Nagisa finished washing the dishes Kaname helped him with putting them back. He then asked : "What are you going to do for the rest of the night? Keep practicing piano? I feel like going out and jog a little later, you wanna join?"

"A run?" he asked surprised. His step brother didn't strike him as the working out type.... can judge a book by its cover.

Slightly chuckling he looked outside the window, the sun was slowly disappearing.

"Okay fine" he said turning his attention back to Kaname as he slowly walked to where the stairs begun "I will come right back down make sure you're dressed in proper attire" he told the other as he quickly took the stair.

His messy closet provided a wide selection of soft t-shirts. Picking a navy blue one,with large printed letters that read

US Marines on it, he placed it over his head and then reached for a pair of sweat pants. The dark color of the shirt and pants brought out the light blue of his eyes, with an almost purple ending on the sides.

His father, actually, had dark brown coffe eyes but Nagisa had a brilliant blue that matches the skies. According to relatives and pictures, he had his mothers eyes. Nagisa couldn't tell if the things were a blessing or a curse but he did like the color....so he couldn't complain, right?

He grabbed a pair of running shoes and went downstairs.

'This is definitely something i don't do often' he told himself feeling the rubber touch of the shoes on his finger tips

Kaname went up to his room. He took off his cloths and put on a T-shirt and shorts, then a light sports jacket. Kaname isn't exactly the crazy work out body building type, evident from his rather slim build. But he likes to go out for a jog once or twice a week to keep in shape. Strolling randomly in the streets and finding out new places was also a reason he jog, and since this is a brand new neighborhood it's even better.

He went down stairs and saw Nagisa by the door. "Sorry to keep you waiting," he said : " Now let's go, do you mind lead the way? You can show me what's around." Kaname smiled.

Their neighborhood was rather a big collection of large decorate houses, and when it was not a house a tree took its place. Over all it was a lovely neighborhood. Some distance away the quiet streets tied into a more active one that was home of many shops. The aroma of breads and sweets filled the air because of a large French bakery.

"Their stuff is the best" he told Kaname as they passed by.

On the other side of the street one could see other joggers casually enjoying their late afternoon. The other shops varied from a woman's collection of make up to a popular book store then followed by row after row of clothing stores wit the brightest new fashion for winter.

"Listen to that" he took Kaname when they came by a small music store. The outside crystal was covered in rows of violin and a lovely silver trumpet. But what had caught Nagisa was the piano that was playing inside.

"You know" he says as they move on, his feelings getting all mixed up. Maybe it had been the sweat or the tiredness the run had caused him. They were now in the center of the shopping area were large amounts of flowers were kept even if it was close to winter.

"I d-don't know what to feel about you" he said the faint orange glow now hitting his face, and the tip of his hair sticking to his forehead.

"You're different" Nagisa continued "b-but I don't know how to feel about you about..."

Finding himself unable to finish he stared at the floor, until it finally hit him that the words he had said were those of a school girl in love. Quickly he looked up and came eye to eye with Kaname.

Their eyes met, and Kaname could see the emotions in Nagisa's eyes, his expression thickened by the golden light of the setting sun. Kaname thought the expression looked familiar, it seemed like he had seen it before, and he remembered rejecting the girl who showed him this expression.

But how is this possible that Nagisa is showing this expression to him? This must be a mistake, he must have remembered it wrong, or he had ran to hard and the lack of oxygen to his brain had showed him hallucinations. Or maybe it's his own wishful thinking that's made him see what's not there! Yes, that made perfect sense. "It must be!" he thought,, not realizing what it implied.

"Of course you don't know how to feel about me, we've just known each other for a few days! I hardly know you and you hardly know me, right? Now come on, I'll race you back home!" Kaname began to run towards the direction they've came, as if trying to escape the awkwardness of the scene.