Dragon Ball Z: A Visitor From Another World

~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

The one called Goku arrives, and Nexus just watches quietly from above, waiting patiently, but at the same time, wanted to get this over with. And apparently Piccolo sensed this too, because he interrupted their little conversation, and tells the others something needed to get done, looking up at him. Nexus nods to Piccolo, and then looks to Goku as he came up to greet him.

"Yes, I know who you are. I'm Nexus." He points his sword at Goku, his face serious. "And I'm your enemy." Making a downward slash, he sends a blast of wind to the ground, which whirled around the group, preventing them from interrupting, or getting in the way. He knew the wind would eventually fade, by hopefully by that time things would be settled.

Focusing on Goku again, he grips his katana tighter. "I'm supposed to kill you. But I'm not going to. But that doesn't mean..." he fazes out, to reappear right in front of Goku, and punches him in the gut. "I'm not going to fight!" He finishes, this punch knocking Goku back, but it wasn't as strong as before from when he was fighting Bardock. Nexus knew he had to hold back.

He waits for Goku to retaliate, bracing himself for the attack. Just a little bit longer, and then he'd ask his request. There was a reason he had to fight Goku and no one else there. Yes, there were other people whom he was suppsed to fight, but none in the group....that he knew of anyways.

Once Goku begins to fight back, Nexus would fight too, but it was obvious he was holding, allowing himself to be a punching bag for this guy. It didn't matter though, as his wounds start to heal immediately. 'Do not hold back, Goku of the Earth. Hit me with all your strength, with everything you've got.' He thinks to himself, knowing eventually he'd be asking Goku the major request soon.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bardock

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

The punch sent everyone to gasp, staring up at the two. Vegeta glared at Nexus, "Fool!! I'll rip that arm right off!" He started to rise but Piccolo took his arm, mentally telling Vegeta this had to happen. Vegeta stared at Piccolo, then looked back up, concern crossing his face. Piccolo squeezed his shoulder, reassuring him Goku would be okay.

Goku had been knocked back, and he grunted from the hit. However, with no mark, Goku smirked, "I see.. well, this might be fun after all. However..." He phased away, and reappearing behind Nexus and sending his elbow down on the back of his head, "No LOW BLOWS!!"

He waited for Nexus to right himself, crossing his arms over his chest. That smirk still portrayed on his lips.

The punch sent everyone to gasp, staring up at the two. Vegeta glared at Nexus, "Fool!! I'll rip that arm right off!" He started to rise but Piccolo took his arm, mentally telling Vegeta this had to happen. Vegeta stared at Piccolo, then looked back up, concern crossing his face. Piccolo squeezed his shoulder, reassuring him Goku would be okay.

Goku had been knocked back, and he grunted from the hit. However, with no mark, Goku smirked, "I see.. well, this might be fun after all. However..." He phased away, and reappearing behind Nexus and sending his elbow down on the back of his head, "No LOW BLOWS!!"

He waited for Nexus to right himself, crossing his arms over his chest. That smirk still portrayed on his lips.

Slightly dazed from the blow to the head, or so he made it appear, Nexus rights himself once more. Without hesitation,he slips his katana back into it's sheathe, before slipping it securely by his waist, held there by the belt he wore. He wouldn't be needing it for this particular fight. No, he was just as capable with fighting bare handed if he needed to, or just didn't feel like using a blade.

"No low blows. Agreed." He then goes at Goku again, faking out at the last moment, aiming at first a kick at Goku's right side, but then switches up and punches Goku's left. Again and again they receive and deliver blows to each other, though Nexus mainly kept on the defensive. Blocking some attacks, but not all of them.

He grits his teeth, and glares at Goku. "COME ON! GIVE ME ALL YOU GOT!" He yells, blood dripping down the side if his face from a cut on his forehead. "DON'T YOU DARE HOLD BACK ON ME! HIT ME WITH ALL YOUR POWER! OR MAYBE THIS IS YOUR BEST AND ALL THE THINGS ABOUT YOU I HAVE HEARD ARE LIES? I'D BE ASHAMED TO BE YOUR FRIEND IF I KNEW THE STORIES WEREN'T TRUE!!!" He was provoking Goku, trying to find Goku's weakness. His voice was harsh and cruel sounding, and his blood red eyes flashed in anger, but also hinted some other emotion, like that of regret and sadness.

Then he remembers what Piccolo said, a devilish grin forming on his lips as he comes up from behind, and puts Goku into a tight hold, muttering in the other's ear. "Or maybe...you brainwashed them and they really aren't your friends? You're just some guy who was so lonely he forced others to be near him, is that it? Geeze Goku, I wouldn't imagine that of you....but some people may look and act nice and sweet, but inside they are nothing but heartless monsters."

Nexus hoped this would infuriate Goku enough to fight a bit more, as Nexus bides his time, waiting for the right moment to ask his request. He could feel the others staring, but did not care. The only thing he wanted, was for them to stay out of the way.

Goku received and delivered his own blows, glaring at this guy. The punches and kicks were nearly invisible to the naked eye, but his friends could keep up, watching every moment of the fight. When Goku felt Nexus behind him, heard the whispers on his ears, made hon stop and think. Then, he turned, giving Nexus a blow to his face with nearly 85% of his power, "LIAR!!"

His eyes traveled down to Vegeta, then back up to Nexus. Piccolo watched this, then he closed his eyes.

'I know what you're doing...' Piccolo mentally spoke to Nexus, 'But if you really want to get him angry, you're going to have to hurt Vegeta. The only time he showed his true strength was when someone he cared about was hurt.'

He was helping the enemy... Piccolo was well aware of that, but he was curious of why this fight was taking place in the first place. If Nexus was true to his word by saying he was not there to hurt anyone... why was he fighting Goku?

Goku glanced at his friends again, moreso at Vegeta, and he narrowed his eyes, "You all need to get back!!" After that he flew at Nexus, angrily crying out as he landed more kicks and punches to the other at mach speed.

Holding his face, he winces, that had actually hurt. He hears Piccolo's voice in his mind and glances down at this so called Vegeta guy, but then quickly looks to Goku again, blocking his next attacks, thinking hard, trying to come up with something.

Then he gets an idea, and fazes out from being in front of Goku, to being directly over the group on the ground. He begins to rub his gloved hands together, so fast his hands were a mere blur. After a few seconds, a spark of fire appears, and he seperates his hands, his whole hand on fire, both of them covered with dancing flames. He makes them grow with ki, and soon they were large balls of fire.

"Okay, let's see if this works..." he murmurs, raising his and then making a downward throwing motion. "SENSŌ KI BALL!" He hurls a huge ball of fire downwards with a loud yell and it moved fast, which grew in size the closer it got to the group. It seemed it would hit them, but at the last moment it swerves when Nexus moves his hand, slamming into the ground twenty feet away, the sound of it colliding like that if a small explosion, dust and debri flying everywhere, smoke rising in the air.

He looks to Goku, who was at least fifty feet away. "NEXT TIME I WON'T MISS!" He yells, but he was bluffing. There was no way he was actually going to hurt them. "I hope you were right about what you said Piccolo... " he mutters with his mind, glancing down then back up.

Side note: Senshō Ki Ball (Fire Spirit Ball)- Much like that of a spirit energy ball attack, but with fire fueled by ki. It grows in size depending in how far it travels in distance. The further the distance, the much more powerful it gets. He can control the direction it goes with the fire in his hand which he threw it with.

Vegeta watched this fire ball, then his eyes widened slightly as it started to cpme closer towards the group. He raised his arms, as if protectong himself and waited for the collision. He could hear a child's scream...

Goku gasped, "Bastard!!" And he phases, using a technique called Instant Transmission to move directly in front of the group. As he prepared to stop the ball, it moved twenty feet away. Goku glared at Nexus, angry now that he'd threatened his friends.. his mate. He turns slightly, looking at Vegeta from the corner of his eye, "I love you..."

Vegeta looked shocked and started to say something until Goku disappeared again, now directly in front of Nexus. He quickly transformed to Super Saiyan two, and threw his fist into Nexus' stomach.

"I didn't care when you tried to make me look stupid."

He yelled out as he brought his knee up into Nexus' stomach next, "I didn't even care when you threw that low blow."

Another cry as he once again disappeared and reappeared, grabbing Nexus from behind, holding him in a headlock, "But the minute you try to hurt ANYONE I care about... is the moment you seal your fate!! Give me a good reason why you shouldn't die!"

Exactly what he'd wanted. To infuriate Goku. Make him attack with all his strength. Which is exactly what happened next. The excruciating pain he could have gone without, but he knew that getting hit with this kind of power was destined to hurt like a bitch. And man, did it hurt.

He coughs up blood, wincing as he felt two of his ribs break. It would be over soon though, if Goku complied. He didn't struggle in the headlock, but remained still, his hand clasping onto Goku's forearm, and a satisfied smirk forms on his lips. "You're angry. Good." He coughs again, more blood coming from his mouth. "And to answer your question, I don't have a reason why you shouldn't kill me. Actually..."

Nexus breaks free of the headlock, and moves so he was hovering right in front of Goku, staring into his eyes. "Go ahead. Hit me, right here." He points at his chest, at the area where his heart was. "Go on, kill me. Or at least do some damage." The reason he asked if this was because there was a certain object inside of him that tracked his life source, and unfortunately he couldn't destroy it himself. Only by someone he was sent to fight could destroy it, but it had to be powerful enough to do so. Or at least do some significant damage.

"GO ON!!!DO IT!" The flames on his hands flare up again, as he waited. "KILL ME!" This was the request he'd been holding back on making, the thing that was so important. 'I kept my word, Picollo. There was a reason why I did this. To be honest, I just wanted to see earth, but... looks like that isn't going to happen.' He says this to Piccolo with his mind, resigning himself to death as he stood there.

Vegeta stared up at him, watching in anticipation, "Kakarot!!"

Piccolo grimaced, fighting the urge to step in, to stop Goku. But he knew it wasn't his place. Only Goku would make this decision. If itvwasn't destined to happen, then it would not happen. Piccolo knew better than try to mess with destiny. "Goku.."

Gracie tried to break free of Bardock's grasp, "No!! Nyx, you promised!!" She had tears running down her face as she stared up at Bardock, "Papa, please!! Help Nyx!!"

It nearly broke his heart to see Gracie in such turmoil, but he finally understood now. He shook his head sadly, "I... can't."

Goku stared at Nexus for the longest time, his face showing nothing but a fighting glare. At first he rose a hand, pointing it straight at Nexus' chest. Aura resonated from his hand, his power level reaching and sky rocketing well over 15,000, and still rising. Just as suddenly, though, he powered down, lowering his hand. His hair turned back to black, but he kept that hardened look on his face, "No."

Vegeta gasped, "What?!" But nearly everyone else just smirked softly.

Goku turned his body, looking at Nexus over his shoulder, "You picked a fight thinking that I would automatically try to kill you. However much research you have done on me, you might want to redo it. Now bask in your decisions and live with it."

Nexus closes his eyes, ready to accept death, his heart pounding in his chest, awaiting the final blow. But it doesn't come. He hears Goku tell him no, and slowly opens his eyes to look at the other in front of him. "No?" His face was blank, there was no telling what was going on in his mind at that very moment.

"I see."

He stares at the back of Goku's head, listening to what he was told, and simply sighs, shaking head. "You're too soft. If you won't do it, then I'll just have to find someone else to do it for you. Don't think this is over just yet. I just might come after you again." Lowering himself, he lands on the ground, and walks away, wanting nothing more than to do what he wished, which was to learn about this place, to see it's wonders, to try new things.

But that wouldn't happen until he figured out a way to get rid of the tracker. Knowing full well he'd probably be watched from now on because if what he'd just done, he needed to come up with a new plan, but carefully. He wasn't quite sure if he was willing just yet to tell anyone the facts and details of his mission, not even Piccolo, whom he was slowly beginning to trust the most out of all of them.

Sitting on a rock about fives hundred feet away, he turns his back to the group, setting his katana across his lap, trying desperately to ignore the pain that his broken ribs were causing. Reaching up, he wipes the blood from his forehead and his chin, before closing his eyes, and calming himself down. "One way or another... I'll be free. I'll be free to do what I wish."

Krillen walks over to Gracie, whispering something in her ear and handing her something. After a moment, she skips to where Nexus was and she softly tugged on his shirt, "Nyx... here." She holds her small hand out, opening it up to reveal a small bean in her palm. "It is a... senzu bean." she struggled to remember what Krillen said, "It restores power, strength, and heals wounds."

Piccolo watched as Nexus walked away. He knew that he needed to keep an eye on him. If he tried this again with anyone else, they might actually do it. Piccolo just wished he knew what it was that Nexus was trying to be free from. A few angry cries made Piccolo glance over, and he saw Vegeta was angrily shouting at Goku, asking why he'd said 'I love you' before going back to fight Nexus. Piccolo smiled softly, seeing Goku embrace Vegeta in a hug. It was about time Goku found someone that truly made him happy.

Bardock watched Gracie carefully, not taking his eyes off of her. Nut when Goku walked over, he broke his eyes away just a moment to nod at Goku, "You fought well.."

Goku nodded back, "Thank you.. are you going to explain who you are?"

Bardock nodded, "Yes.. but we have time for that later.."

Gracie smiled up at Nexus, still holding out her hand, "You scared me, you know.."

Hearing footsteps coming closer, and then feels a tiny hand pull at his shirt lightly, before he opens his eyes and looks to see that the girl had come over to him, and was holding something out to him. It appeared to be a tiny bean, his eyebrows pressing together, a puzzled expression on his face, but like all the other times, it was softened a bit because of who it was who was talking to him.

Listening to her explanation, he reaches out and accepts the apparently called senzo bean, looking at it in the palm of his hand. For a moment he does nothing, then he glances at the girl, before putting it in his mouth, and eats it. Nearly right away he feels the effects, and sure enough, everything that he'd been told would happen, takes place, his energy becomes normal again, he felt his power retain itself, and his ribs heal, as well as his other injuries.

"Thank you..." He murmurs, noticing that she still had her hand out, even though he'd taken the bean. Then he hears her words, a soft smile on his lips now. Reaching out, he gently clasps her hand in his, which was slightly warm to the touch, like sitting by a warm stove on a winter night, or placing your hand around a cup of hot chocolate.

"I apologize. I didn't mean to frighten you. It was not in my intentions to do so. I never, in my entire life, would even think of harming a child, especially one as kind and sweet as yourself." He pauses, placing his other hand on top of the one around the girl's hand, enfolding her tiny hand in both of his own.

"That reminds me. You know my name...but I do not know yours. May I ask you, what your name might be? It would honor me greatly to know your name.."

He stood up, his hands still around hers, as he waits for her answer. He was also curious as to why she was so kind to him, considering what stunt he'd just pulled, what he'd just done. To be honest, h thought she'd hate him, and yet, here she was, talking to him.

She smiled up at Nexus, holding his hand in hers for a moment. After he gave that heartfelt apology, she nodded her head, giggling as her curls shake softly, "Its okay. I knew you were a good guy. You can't be bad because you're so nice. My name is Gracie. But I don't have a last name." She turns her head to look in Bardock's direction, "Bardock didn't tell me." She pulls on Nexus' hand, towards the others, "Come on, see Bardock again. I know he's mean sometimes, but he can be really nice. Hey, you don't have anywhere to go, right? You can stay with us!!"

Goku watched Gracie, smiling at the fact that Nexus was so sweet on her and he glanced at Bardock, "Your daughter? Is she a Saiyan, like us?"

Bardock shook his head, also keeping an eye on her, "Three years ago I found her wondering the streets, crying... and her clothes were drenched in blood."

Goku blinked, "Oh my god..."

"Yeah... her parents had been killed and she was left alone. She took a liking to me and she's been by my side ever since." Bardock glanced at his son briefly.

"Does she remember?"

"No. Thank god... it took three months to get her to stop screaming at night."

"So... what is she?"

"Human. I found her in America." He overheard the part about Nexus staying and he blinked, "Hey, what??? Gracie!!" Aggravation arose on his face along with a small blush, "You can't invite random people to stay with us!! Who's to say he won't kill us in our sleep!!"

Goku laughed giddily, "Ah, they'll be fine. I havn't seen an enemy be that sweet to a child since... well..." he looked over at Piccolo, smiling softly, "Him."

"So.,,you're called Gracie..." Nexus smiles, and simply allows himself to be tugged along by her, listening to her talk. However, when she offers him to stay with them, a faint red blush forms on his cheeks, and he bites his bottom lip, shaking his head. "N-no, that's alright. I'm sure I can find somewhere to stay. Besides...."

He hears as Bardock calls out to them, and hears what was said. "It seems like he doesn't want me to stay...I don't blame him though." As much as he wanted to stay with the little girl named Gracie, he didn't want to anger Bardock any more than he already had.

They reach the group, his hand still being held onto by Gracie, and he stands there feeling a bit awkward. After a moment, he clears his throat, and speaks up. "Well, it seems I've uh...over stayed my welcome, so...I'll leave you all be now. It was nice meeting you. Piccolo, Gracie, All of you." He turns around, and gently pulls his hand from Gracie's grip.

Before he walks away however, he reaches into a small pouch at his side and pulls out a tiny silver chained locket, the round locket having an image etched in a pretty scarlet color of what appeared to be a four winged Phoenix, the eyes set with red rubies. Inside was a bright red and gold downy feather, and a tiny mirror on one side of the locket. "Here, for you." He reaches out and places it in Gracie's hand, folding her fingers around it.

"If you're ever in trouble, or just want to talk, open it up, hold the feather close to your heart, and think of me. I'll be there." He then walks away, regret in his footsteps. He half hoped he'd be stopped, as he got further and further away. But he knew Bardock was right in not trusting him. He sighs softly, as distance grew between them.

Gracie took the locket, holding it against her chest and sighing, "It's lonely by myself.." she glanced up at Bardock, half playing the sad little girl to make Bardock change his mind.

Piccolo raised a brow as well as Krillen and Goku, and they all stared at him, shaking their heads. Bardock saw this and gotn on the defensive, "Don't look at me like that. I said no."

A few moments later, he glanced, still seeing everyone staring at him, "I mean it, cut it out!! What makes you think I care??"

Goku smiled softly, "Come on.. you know... I think he may like you.."

The blush deepened on Bardock's face as he waved his arms, "What?! I don't care about anyone liking me! I am a Saiyan and Saiyans only care about-"

"Upholding honor and pride. We all know that." Krillen nodded his head and smiled slyly, "But Gracie sure takes a liking to him..."

Bardock groans softly, placing a hand over his face before he finally turned in the direction of where Nexus was moving, "HEY!!"

Once Nexus stopped, Bardock slowly walked up to him, coughing softly. He didn't look at Nexus, but kept his arms over his chest, "If you'd like to stay.. then Gracie would be happy. You can stay with us if you want." He then looked at Nexus, "But that doesn't mean I forgot how you humiliated me in front of her." He paused for a moment, sighing, "Don't break her heart.. she's been through enough already."

As he walked further and further away, he suddenly hears a voice calling to him, which surprisingly was that of Bardock. Stopping in his steps, he slowly turns around, and sure enough, walking towards him, looking quite irked and bothered, was Bardock himself. He raises an eyebrow, surprised a bit by this new development. He hadn't thought any one would actually come after him, especially not this stubborn guy.

Another new development he hadn't seen coming was when Bardock speaks up, saying he could stay with them if he wanted to. A grin breaks out on his lips at the next statement that was made, a soft chuckle following after he replies, his words snarky and teasing.

"Of course you won't. And I won't forget that I owe you a proper, private schooling lesson in how not to get your ass kicked by a supposed 'half pint wuss'. I don't know why you'd say such a thing, since you couldn't even touch me, even with me holding back. Heh...you're a natural comedian." He cracks up laughing, before getting a bit more serious again, bringing up Gracie.

"As for Gracie, breaking her heart is the last thing I'd ever think of doing. I'm not the kind of person to hurt a child on purpose, emotionally or physically. So you can be assured on this at least. Gracie's heart is like a fragile gem in my hands, and I'll do whatever I can to keep it and her from breaking, no matter what it takes." He places a curled fist over his heart, like before. "Del siku hajk. On my honor."

Bardock looked at Nexus and slowly his face got redder. A large stress mark appears on his forehead before he bursts out, "Oh is THAT so?! Let me tell you something, brat! You may be cute, but you don't have the willpower I have!! I will beat you one day!!"

Gracie was too busy dancing around in circles happily. She finally grasped Nexus' leg and hugged him tightly, "Thank you, Bardock!! Nexus, we'll have so much FUN!"

Goku giggled softly, winking at Krillen for the smart move of bringing Gracie into it. He eventually walked up to Nexus, placing a hand on his shoulder, "If you need help.. or want someone to talk to, Piccolo is a pretty cool guy. You two hit it off quickly, and ai saw that. Are we good?"

Nexus simply answers Bardock with another laugh, his sharp teeth flashing in the sunlight. "And when will that be, huh? Even by the time I'm an old grey man, hunched in a wheel chair, you STILL won't be able to beat me! You might want to get your head checked, I think there's a few screws loose upstairs if you know what I mean." He grins devilishly before going on.

"AND you say I'm cute too? Oh, I feel so flattered! Bet ya didn't mean to say that out loud. Oops!" He continue to laugh, and smiles even more when Gracie hugs his leg happily, hearing her words to him. Nexus nods in agreement. "Yes, I agree. We will have fun." His smile hid the pain he was feeling deep inside. For now he'd have to settle for this arrangement until other things could be taken care of.

When Goku came up to him, the smile on his face slips a bit, but does not vanish completely. He glances at the hand on his shoulder, and listens to what he was told, noding, and glancing over at Piccolo, who was just standing there, watching the whole proceedings quietly. "Yes....we're good..." He tells Goku, and holds out his hand to shake and show his sincerity. 'For now...' he thinks to himself.

He then looks to the small guy. "I know all of your names, except yours. What do I call you?" Placing one hand on his hip, he waits for a response, and ruffling Gracie's hair lightly with the other, as he looked to the guy.

Krillen blinks, running a hand through his hair as he points to himself, "Huh? Me? Oh, um.. I'm Krillen."

Bardock gets even more flustered, getting even redder, "Wh.. so-I.. well.. SHUT UP!!"

Roars of laughter echoed over the hills as they laughed at Bardock . Gracie giggles softly and then takes Bardock's hand, "Bardock is like my papa. He saved me from America. Hey, does that mean you'll be my mama, Nexus??"

Another wave of laughter erupts in the air. Piccolo just smirked, shaking his head before his eyes traveled back to Nexus. Both eyes trailed down his body and clothes and back up again. He wondered what he was thinking about, and he wanted to help, 'So.. do you?' He mentally thought to Nexus, curious about Goku's comment About Nexus liking him as Goku reached out and shook his hand happily.

"Great!! I'm starving, how about something to eat??" Goku smiled largely and placed a hand on his stomach.

"Nice to meet you Krillen." He smiles, before turning to Gracie, who had spoken up. Nexus' eye twitches comically at Gracie's question, his cheeks darkening a bit more. "No, I don't... think that's exactly how things work..." He laughs some more, and then calms down, chuckling every now and the. He never knew he'd get along so well with these people, especially after what had just happened and all.

He feels eyes looking at him, and then Piccolo was speaking to him in his mind, asking him if he did. Did what exactly? Glancing at Piccolo, then looking to Bardock and the others, before nodding at Goku's request to get something to eat, he answers the question, mentally of course. 'Do I what? I don't know what you're asking me about...' He hadn't heard Goku's comment about him, so of course he had no clue what Piccolo was asking of him.

Why did he get the feeling this question was about Bardock? He sighs to himself, rubbing the back of his neck. "So, you say you want to get something to eat...? Well, I want to see around, so, maybe somewhere with a lot of things to view?" He didn't know where they might go, as he'd only heard of fast food restaraunts and such in stories where he came from.

There were a lot of things in this world that didn't exist at his home. Fast food, convenience stores, huge cities with lots of corporation buildings, cars, the list was long. After he'd asked this of the others, his own stomach rumbles softly, making him blink in surprise, then become a bit embarrassed.

"Heh...looks like I'm hungry too. Now that I think about it, it's been almost a week and a half or so since I've had any food to eat since I left to get here..." And, as if on cue, his stomach growls again, louder than before, almost as if it was agreeing with his statement. "Eh he he he..." He chuckles, rubbing his neck again.

Goku nodded his head, "I know a great place. You'll love Earth! When we're done eating, we'll take you around!"

(Speeding things up to a few weeks later..)

Bardock sighed in his sleep, completely unaware that Gracie was putting her clothes on to go outside. She had seen Nexus was already out of the room and wanted to go find him. Gracie then pulled her curls up and pinned them back with hair pins. After doing that, she smiled and opened the door of the home Krillen helped Bardock find.

Speak of the devil, there he was, on the other side. He smiled to her, waving, "Hey!"

Gracie smiled, "Hi, Krillen."

"Bardock home?"

"Asleep. Tell him I went out?" She didn't wait for an answer before she darted out the door.

"Um... sure." He stepped inside, sitting beside the bed of the small home. He smiled as Bardock sighed in his sleep and he tilted his head softly. Krillen couldn't help but still notice how much Bardock looked like Goku, and it started to mess with his head a little. Krillen had been hiding for years that he had a major love-crush on Goku... he couldn't tell him. Not now.

Even now as he watched him, he moved his hand and placed it upon his chest. Then it slowly moved to cup his cheek. So much like Goku... before he stopped himself, he leaned over and softly pressed his lips to Bardock's.

It had been about two weeks since Nexus had arrived on Earth. Even with all he'd seen while he'd been there, his hunger for knowledge of the place still wasn't satisfied, proof of this being how early he got up to go and look around, and how late he returned to the place he was calling home for the time being. Everyday he'd go to different places, that morning he'd gone to the library to return some of the books that a boy he'd met named Gohan had checked out for him. He was surprised to find out that Gohan was Goku's son.

Every now and then, when he was out, he'd feel eyes watching him, and he'd look around, to get a glimpse of a white cape, or green skin disappearing behind a corner. He suspected it was Piccolo keeping an eye on him, just like he'd expected would happen. But he'd pay no heed, and continue what he was doing.

So far he hadn't met anyone else whom was on his "list", but he doubted that would last for long. Sighing, he reaches the library, and puts the books into the drop off box, hearing them *thunk* as they hit the bottom. Turning away, he reaches into his pouch, to pull out a list of things to do that he'd written, but couldn't feel it. Opening it, he sees it wasn't in there anymore.

Sighing in annoyance, he turns to go back to the house. He probably left it in the drawer of the nightstand in his room. Unfortunately, he and Bardock shared a room, but thankfully there were separate beds. Not that he actually used his that often. At first Bardock had complained about the arrangement, but eventually after a while he'd shut up about it and let it go.

Reaching the house, he heads inside, sensing not just the still sleeping Bardock, but someone else too. Frowning, he quietly moves through the house to the bedroom, seeing the door was open a bit. As stealthily as a cat, he slips into the room, just in time to see Krillen...kissing Bardock?!? He moves forward, like a shadow, and sneaks up on Krillen.

Without a chance to let the other react, he slips his arms around Krillen, putting him into a tight holding body and headlock, and presses his hand firmly over Krillen's mouth so he couldn't yell out. Pulling back, he forces Krillen away from Bardock. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Nexus hisses, his voice low and livid. He knew what would happen if Bardock was awaken too soon, and it wasn't pretty. He didn't want to even try to imagine what Bardock would do if he awoke to someone kissing him.

Nexus backs away more, not seeing the unlit standing lamp behind him, and accidentally knocks it over by bumping into it, sending it crashing loudly to the floor. He freezes, looking like a statue, as he stared at Bardock in his bed, his red eyes wide, his heart thumping wildly in his chest, his breath held as he waited to see what he feared would happen, Krillen still tight in his grip.

Krillen suddenly felt the arms around his neck and chest, and the hand clamp over his mouth. He let out a muffled cry. Upon hearing Nexus' hissed and angry question, he tried speaking again, but his voice was still muffled. 'Oh damn it! What the hell was I thinking?!' Krillen thought to himself, cursing silently for being so dumb. Kissing Bardock wasn't in his plans to do, it just sort of happened. Krillen was still trying to speak through Nexus' hand when they bumped into that lamp, causing it to crash to the floor.

Bardock's eyes shot open from hearing the crash. He immediately leaned up, glaring ,"Who's th-Nexus??" The glare disappeared from his face and replaced it with a confused look as he stared at his roommate. Nexus had Krillen in a strong headlock, his hand pressed firmly against his mouth to keep him quiet. Bardock blinked a few times, the covers falling away from his bare chest.

Krillen could die. Die right there, in the middle of the room. 'God, don't ask, Bardock. Please don't ask...' Krillen would never be able to explain this to him, let alone explain it to any of his other friends. Redness flooded his face as he closed his eyes, praying he wouldn't have to explain...

Bardock narrowed his eyes, but only just slightly. He could feel that Krillen was fighting something, but he didn't know what. "What the hell is going on? Why are you holding Krillen as if you're trying to abduct him? And why is his face so red?" His head tilted lightly.

Krillen let out a defeated whimper. God, this was so humiliating..

Just as he feared. Bardock woke right up, looking right over at them, wide awake. "Crap." He mutters, as Bardock looks at them, and asks what was going on. Nexus could practically feel the embarrassment rolling off Krillen, and saw the back of his neck turn red. No doubt his face was red too.

A huge, goofy smile forms in Nexus's face, his eyes twtiching, as well as the edges of his lips. "Huh? Oh, nothing is going on, nothing at all! In fact, I was just just seeing our friend Krillen here out of house, isn't that right, Krillen? As for why his face is red, I accidentally gave him something REALLY spicy to eat, and as you can see, he didn't exactly like it." He releases his hold from Krillen, and without even waiting for Krillen to answer, he shoves him out the door of the room, quickly gets the list he'd come for, and leaves the room after Krillen.

"Bye, go back to sleep!" He says, before slamming the door shut, and shoving Krillen along, and to the outside the house, closing the front door behind him. Looking to Krillen, he glares, his red eyes annoyed. "What the hell were you doing?! He would have KILLED you if he'd woken up when you pulled that stunt! Are you ASKING for a death wish?!" He crosses his arms over his chest, before sighing a loud sigh.

Shaking his head, he just begins to walk away again, before pausing to look back at Krillen. "You're lucky I was there to help your ass. Think next time before acting." He knew he had no right to preach, he could use the same words said to him at times. Sighing one last time, he shoves the list he'd come to retrieve in his pouch, and heads off, walking down the sidewalk.

"Hm...I know my list says to go and look at these so called music stores, but...I really need to train a bit. It's been a while. Hmm... I wonder what Piccolo is up to..." He shrugs, it was just a thought. He'd remembered Goku saying if he needed anything to ask Piccolo. But he wasn't quite sure how to contact the guy. He decides to try something. 'Hey, Piccolo...you there? If you can hear me, come to the place we first met, in about an hour or so...' He calls with his mind as he walked, not sure if it would work.

After a bit he goes to where he had first met everyone, not even caring at that point. Reaching the spot, he proceeds to take off his shirt, revealing a thin, but muscular body underneath, his form like that of a strong feline. Smooth skin with muscles that ripple majestically each time he moved. He pretty much had the body of a male model, perfectly toned and beautiful. And, on his shoulder, was a marking much like that of what was on the locket Nexus gave Gracie. A red four winged Phoenix, surrounded by a circle of flames.

He then takes off the outer part of his pants, leaving just the black baggy part, the end tight at the knees, but flexible so he could move. Lastly came off his gloves, revealing hands and fingers bound in white bandages, and his shoes, which were pretty much socks and shoes combined. Putting his clothing on to a rock, as well as his katana, he takes a deep breath, and stretches out first.

Once finished, he begins. For about an hour he smashes rocks with his bare hands, practices jumps, and does several other things, the sun now hot on his back, the sounds of him training echoing all around. Sweat begins to glisten on his skin, and drip down his face, his hair becoming sweaty too, drops of the salty liquid sliding down to pause at the tips of his hair, before falling off when he moves.

At one point he takes a break, resting against a rock, and closing his eyes, taking deep breaths. It felt good to use his muscles like this, he hated going without training, or at least regular exercise, for so long. He sighs, and without even realizing it, he dozes off against the rock, his breathing becoming slow and steady as he falls asleep.

Krillen had stared at Nexus, shocked he didn't rat him out to Bardock. Even before he could utter a word or nod, he was shoved out of the home and outside, getting his ass chewed out. He knew Nexus was right. Who knew what would happen if Bardock had woken up? But as soon as it started, it ended and Nexus walked away. Krillen just covered his chest, feeling stupid for making such a dumb mistake. "Thank you..." he had turned then, to go on home just as Bardock opened the door, back in his usual Armour and bandanna. Bardock looked surprised at first, raising a brow, "You look like you shot your own pet. What's with you?"

Krillen shook his head, forcing a dumb smile, "Who me? Nah, I'm cool. Well, I'll be going. Oh, Gracie went to go play with Goten. She asked me to tell you." He turned again.

"What's your hurry?" Bardock sounded slightly suspicious, "Why are you and Nexus lying through your teeth?"

"N-No lying.." he once again looked nervous, "I... I mean, I just-"

"Wanna spar?" Bardock's expression never changed, but his head tilted questionably.

"Huh? Oh.. sure. But I'm.. you know, not as strong as Goku or Piccolo... or anything.."

"Fine. Neither am I."

---------------------

Piccolo watched from the shadows as Nexus trained by himself. Dressed in only his darkened Gi suit and his orange shoes, he crossed his arms over his chest. He studied his technique, trying to find a clue to see what he was hiding, or a weakness. But so far, he found nothing, of course. Nexus was careful, he realized, and made sure he showed no weakness. But Piccolo knew... everyone had a weakness.

Piccolo first realized he had enjoyed Nexus' little strip show. His mouth pulled up to a smirk as he got down to his pants and barely anything else. Once Nexus fell asleep, however, is when he finally moved, lowering himself from the air and onto the ground, feet away from Nexus. Piccolo could hear his soft breathing, his chest moving up and down in rhythm. He slowly circled Nexus on that rock, looking him from all angles. His perfect body, smooth-looking skin, well-toned muscles.

Piccolo could feel a burning deep inside him. What was this feeling? He'd only felt it once before, years ago when he was training Gohan. The boy had been 12 at the time. Piccolo reaches out, a finger tracing down Nexus' skin of his stomach and he gently scraped his fingernail over it. He left no mark, but he just wanted to touch him a moment.

Piccolo then reached out, shaking Nexus to wake him, "Hey. You called?"