Kanji: 松岡 凛

Rōmaji: Matsuoka Rin

Sign: Aquarius

Birthday: February 2nd

Height: 145 cm (4'9") (High☆Speed!)

177 cm: (5'10") (Free!)

Weight: 39 kg (86 lb) (High☆Speed!)

68 kg: (150 lb) (Free!)

Affiliation: Sano Elementary School (former)-Iwatobi Elementary School (former)-Iwatobi Swimming Club (former)-Samezuka Academy-Swimming Team

Function: Captain of the Swimming Team

Swim Style: Butterfly(specialty), freestyle (crawl), breaststroke, backstroke

Events: 50m free, 100m free, 50m breaststroke, 100m breaststroke, 4x100m individual medley, 4x100m medley relay

Appearance: Rin is a tall young man with semi-long, maroon colored hair. He has red eyes and shark-like teeth. His winter and fall school uniform consists of white trousers, a white buttoned up jacket with a black t-shirt underneath it and black shoes. In the spring his uniform consists of a black polo shirt with a pink collar, as well as a pair of white pants and black shoes. His school bag is a red messenger bag with the word "shark" printed on the outside.

While swimming, he wears black jammers which have red markings trailing along the length of his outer legs and thighs, as well as a pair of dark blue tinted goggles.

Personality: When he was young, Rin showed a lot of passion and competitiveness for swimming, as well as an interest in teamwork.[4] After years passed, his ideals about swimming drastically changed. He does not care that much about the trophy they won during their elementary days.

As the Iwatobi High School Swim Club continues to practice and have fun together, Rin often times catches glimpses of them during their practices and is notably morose when he sees how happy they are together while he stands there alone. The teenager aspires to make his father's dream of becoming an Olympic swimmer come true and has detached himself from everyone while working toward that particular goal.[9] At times, Rin displays a softer side, as he is shown to still harbor concern for his friends' well-being and he acts like a mentor toward his younger sister Gou and teammate Nitori. Rin is conflicted emotionally, but his pride as a swimmer is used to mask his insecurities.

Childhood: Rin's father died when Rin was very young; his father was a swimmer who had dreamed of going to the Olympics but had to give-up his goal and become a fisherman. Due to a tragic incident (a storm), his father drowned three kilometers off the coast along with the rest of his crew. Rin stated that he has very few memories of his father and cannot even recall what his father looked like, as his father would be gone for days while out fishing. Rin decided to try and become an Olympic swimmer because he believes that by following this path, he will be able to see his father's face.[9] Rin puts his swimming goggles on in the same way his father did (by pulling the strap back and letting it snap back onto the back of his swim cap). Rin joined the Iwatobi Swimming Club prior to leaving for Australia because that was his father's old club, where his father and his teammates had won the relay. Rin wanted to make a team and win the relay to emulate his father as he started down the path of becoming an Olympic swimmer.

Elementary: Junior High: In elementary school, Rin was in the same swimming team along with Haruka, Makoto and Nagisa. After they won a tournament, Rin then went abroad to Australia to attend a swimming school.

Trivia:

-Like all swimmers associated with the Iwatobi High School Swimming Club, Rin has a female name.

-Rin is the type of person who cannot sleep without his pillow.

-Haruka stated that Rin accidentally called his coach mom during elementary school.

-Gou has admitted that Rin shaves his body hair to reduce water resistance.

-Rin likes eating meat and spicy foods while he doesn't particularly like sweet foods.

-Rin's best subjects are English and Math, while he's bad at Literature and Old Japanese.

-Rin likes sports that he's good at.

-Rin's best stroke is the butterfly, but his obsession with beating Haruka, who only swims freestyle, leads him to focusing on that stroke and whatever distance Haruka is swimming in competition only.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azuneko

• Ryouta

The end of the high school, huh! He sighed and thought to himself. He had already choose a captain for his precios team that he was going to leave soon. Of course, Momo was the best for that, at least that was what he had thought. He had already got scouted and his dream of being a pro was still deep and strong inside him. He just hoped that his dream would not separated him from his friends. Specially Haru, thought their thoughts were different, they were going to be together...forever. Today was actually the day that they were going to graduate and also, Haru, Makoto as well!

Haru stared at his graduation gown that hung upon a hanger in his room. He didn't wish to dawn on it but the time had finally arrived. So much has happened that led up to this point. Makoto and him were leaving behind a good team in their place. He knew Rei and Nagisa would take care of the new recruits. Slowing looking around the room he noticed the trophy they won as children. It made him start thinking about Rin. "I bet he's all prepared for graduation. I wonder if he'll leave again." he mutters to himself.

Rin arrived at the graduation ceremony at the hall of Samezuka Academy. They were also other years there and telling the last years the last farewell. Rin`s tears was really going to fall that somebody`s voice stopped him. "Rin the president`s speech is going to start soon." It was a familiar voice..he turned around that suddenly somebody jumped on him and held him tightly. It was of course Ai. Before he could stand straight again, another one added. They were just just children. "Oi! Momo, Ai! I`m going to fall!" It was also Sosuke there. "Rin-senpi! Please! Why didn`t you fail the exams so that you could stay with us one more year!" Momo, bastard! Though that wasn`t so bad!

Haru glanced at the clock as he got up and ready to leave the house. He heard a familiar voice calling out to him. "Haru! Are you ready to go? Remember we are having a party on the beach so don't forget." Makoto said smiling. Haru stared at him with his usual gaze. The only good thing about the party was that Rin was going to be there. Sure other members of his swim team would be there too but he didn't focus on that. Haru had just wanted to see Rin.

Samezuka Academy`s ceremony for the graduations of the third years had finished. His high school times were over. Now he had to study did the college and starting to think like an adult. Rin sure liked the part of that though he didn`t really like to go out with a girl. His sister, Gou always asked for it. He wondered why but he couldn`t just get himself to like a girl! None of them were his type." I`m just going to be single for the rest of my life! He chuckled as he thought to himself. He waited for the three others to come and they started jogging to the place they were going to meet. "I bet that their ceremony is over too!"

Haru and Makoto arrived just in time as if always running close to the edge. Their ceremony went on and ended as if just another day. At least to Haru it's how it felt. He was sure that the other were just too fixated on this celebration. Once everything ended, Haru walked by the pool one last time. He was tempted to dive in but didn't. Makoto walked over towards him. "Haru-chan. Everyone is waiting for you. Come on." he said holding out his hand. Haru glanced over to him. Even though this was very nostalgic he was hoping for a different hand to be held out towards him.

Rin looked around and saw they were late already. "What the hell! Are they hiding around or something??" He mumbled as he saw the ocean. Though that big and scary thing full of water and took his father from him, he still loved the beauty and also the sunset that could be seen. He smiled gently as a cool wind pass by. He closed his eyes to relax a bit but a familiar voice didn`t let him to. "Onii-chan!" He looked back and saw Gou. Nagisa and Rei are coming. He smiled and waved back at them! "Yo, come here you guys!"

Haruka walked with Makoto towards the beach. He could already see everyone there. Even Ama-sensei and Sasabe coach. The beach was lively as to be expected. They soon reached the group and Makoto walked over to Sasabe giving him some mackerel to grill up. Haru looked around before seeing Rin. He was of course with Sosuke. He stared in that direction for a while before he felt someone coming up behind him. It seemed Makoto invited Kisumi. He would have brushed him off if he wasn't distracted.

Rin saw the other`s came and they weren`t so much late. Rin starred at the green eyed boy for a while and then afterwards, he gazed into the black haired boy`s face. They didn`t really talk much since that day when Haruka stopped swimming in front of the scouts. They had a real bad fight. It was true, getting a scout and become a pro was his best dream and he wanted that to his future but he thought that it might be true...it had nothing to do with Haruka and other`s. They didn`t want to be famous swimmers. He had to apologize, probably. He sighed and walked to the other, wanted to say something but didn`t know how to start a conversation.

Haruka was staring out at the water when he noticed Rin approaching. He hadn't really had contact with the other after their quarrel in the locker room back at regionals. He glanced to the side before saying what he felt was needed to be said. "Sorry Rin. I shouldn't have said what I did that day. I was completely under too much pressure and lost it." he said slowly gazing at the red head. Haru wonders if he said the right thing.

Rin looked at the other and then laughed gently like always, showing the other his sharp teeth like a shark. He smiled gently and placed one of his hands on his waist, looking at him with the usual expression. "It can`t be helped! That`s how you are!" He stopped laughing and then looked down, feeling a bit guilty! "I`m sorry too...for interfering so much! Ah...it sucks, anyway, you should find yourself a dream soon!" He said as the other`s were watching. Rin sighed and then saw Sosuke, glad that he wasn`t glaring at Haruka any longer.

Haru glared a bit in Rin's direction. "Dreams...? Not this again. You, Makoto, everyone.... You'll never understand me. All you see is your own desires and forcing them on me." he said getting annoyed again. It took him everything to get out of bed to be here. He seriously didn't wish to be. If it weren't for knowing Rin would be here; Haru would still be curled up in bed. Makoto was leaving him. He'd not have the chance to we Nagisa and Rei. Loneliness was all he was finding around every corner

Rin looked at him and then sighed. "We should talk!" He mumbled, and then paused a bit, with a smile on his face. "But later!" He said as he grinned at his other friend and then wrapped his arms around the green eyed boy. "So~I`ve heard you are going to Tokyo university! Good for you, Makoto!" He said as he started to mess his hair up., showing that he wasn`t really paying attention to Haruka otherwise he would have been mad again. Feeling like that he might not see he friends again hurt a bit but he didn`t have any other choice, that was his dream`s plan after all.

Haru looked back at the ocean not really focused on the party anymore. Makoto smiled at Rin. "Yeah I am. What about you?" he asked smiling. His gaze drifted over towards Haruka which he noticed the other walking of to a secluded part of the beach. He knew his friend was still not himself since regionals. He knew talking to him any further would only distance their friendship. Makoto just really wished to help him in some way. Meanwhile Haru walked alongside the water towards the rocks. He sat upon one now far from the celebrations. He stared out into the ocean. It calmed him to see and listen to the water.

Rin looked at the other and then giggled a bit. "Well...You already know the answer of that, why asking??" He looked at Haruka who was spacing out again, he didn`t know what to do for sure, sighing, he slowly walked to the other and then tried to act as usual. He let out a grin and jumped on the other, wrapping his arms around him and then started tickling him. "I know how to make you laugh, Haru!" He said as he shift up his shirt and started to tickle him around his waist.

Makoto nods as he watched Rin walk off. His attention drawn to Nagisa who was trying to add strawberry protein powder to everything. Haru flinched as Rin was suddenly clinging to him. He grabbed hold of his hands with a sigh. "Rin... What is it? As much as I don't mind being tickled by you I'm currently not up for it." he said

Rin sighed and then looked at the other with a sad expression. He closed his eyes and then placed his hand on his black hair and chuckled, messing with the Blue eyed boy`s hair. "Just cheer up~ Let`s party for tonight!" He said as he walked to the other friend, they had already prepared the fireworks to explode and other things! Rin was getting so excited now, it sun was already gone and they were going to party until were drunk. He took two of the drinks from the table and offered one to Haruka. "Here!"

Haru sighs softly as he couldn't find the urge to cheer up. Even so Rin's aura seemed to pick him up out of his slump slightly. He watched everyone around with smiling faces and such. His gaze drifting to the side as he was offered a drink. He took it and slowly began to sip it.

The fireworks had started, Rin felt like that he lie the view of the sky now. Feeling that he was finally happy with his best friends. Ai and Momo were talking to Nagisa and Rei and Sosuke with Makoto, there were spacing out and there was only him and Haruka standing by each other`s sides.

Haruka looks at Rin as he noticed everyone was a bit away from them. He stared up at the sky. "It sucks but I heard you're going over seas again. I won't be able to see that perfect sight anymore." he mumbled not really caring all too much. However he had a small feeling if it was Rin or for Rin that wouldn't be too bad for a dream. It was simple enough to keep him from feeling so depressed.

Rin looked at the other and then chuckled then looked away at the sea. He didn`t really know it himself, if he was really going to do that or not but there was something that he wanted the most. He wanted to be with Haruka and his best friends forever. It was hard to choose one of the ways. It was hard to feel that he would not see that sight Haruka showed him for a long time.

Haruka stood up and looked at Rin. "I'm going home. I've had snoring for today." he said walking off. He seriously didn't wish to stay any longer. Saying good bye wasn't his strong point. He didn't like it one by. After all he enjoys being 'free' or at least he wished to continue believing so.

Rin got angry and then groaned. "Moa, Oi, Haru!" He looked at the other friends and then brushed the back of his neck. "I`m going to follow him, you have fun!" He said and followed the other, keep calling his name. He grabbed his shoulder and then complained..."Didn`t I tell you I want to talk to you?"