Visitor (Clover and Arekushisu)

クローバー (Clover)

Adrian smiled, "I'm 20 in human years. In elvish years though I am centuries old I have been here forever pretty much." He laughed softly stretching his arms over his head. He could see home but that wasn't where e was going yet. He wanted to walk around some before he had to go. "No one will come looking for you if you are gone for days on end?" He asked making sure no other humans would be coming after them. He didn't want to endanger his family and friends.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arekushisu

• クローバー (Clover)

"My friends and family know that I look for supernatural beings, but my mother thinks it's just an excuse to leave my apprenticeship duties with my father." Francis said. He felt a little uncomfortable revealing that part, but he wanted to be honest so Adrian would trust him.

"And is that so? Did you leave because of that?" He asked looking back a moment before he turned onto the trail home. It was marked by the very same paint that covered his dark skin. He brushed the snow colored hair out of his eyes and pushed branches away. "We are almost there." He said aloud to himself. He didn't want to endanger his loved ones but he may have to for this man. He liked him a lot and was wanting to learn from him.

"Yeah. I'm currently supposed to be an apprentice to my father, who makes world-class wine, but I'm not really interested in that kind of life. I want to go out on my own and observe wildlife and supernatural beings. I just wish there were paying jobs for things like that..." Francis looked a little sad but kept up with Adrian as he led him to the elves' home. He was excited and nervous all at once. He had never been to any settlement of elves before, and this new experience, though temporary, would validate all of his work towards learning about elves.

Adrian smiles softly, "you can do anything if you want to Francis. I believe that you could do it. You may have to work as what your father does but on the side you can find people like me. And show the world what you know." He said and laughed softly before he stopped. He paused and turned to Francis. "Be silent. We will need to travel through the clan and they use a language you don't understand. If you speak they will know you're not one of us." He said and pushed back the last of the leaves revealing tons of cottages and homes along with with fields of cattle and the most horses. Hundreds of horses galloped in the hills close by for when the clan needs to move. "Welcome. To my home." He said and smiled back at Francis.

"If only I could show you what I have to do..." Francis said. "If your people drink wine, have you heard of Kaufmann winery? It's a company that produces some of the finest wines known to humanity. We send out wine to foreign buyers the world over, and I help package the wine and prepare it for delivery."

"No. I haven't. We don't get around a lot." He smiled and opened the door to his home and pushed Francis into the house. "Shh just for a moment." He said and looked around before entering the room and closing the door. He laughed softly and hugged the other boy. "We did it. We are in." He released him finally and walked to his kitchen getting a glass of water and slipping it across the table to Francis. "I'm sure you're thirsty. Are you hungry?"

"I picked up some water at the spring too, but thanks for the glass of water. I'm actually very hungry." Francis said, drinking from the water given to him. "Please don't feel like you have to prepare meals that you're not used to making. I'd be willing to sample a dish from elven cuisine."

He tried as hard as he could to be a good guest to his host. He wasn't used to staying at a stranger's house during any of his treks to the forest. Normally, he'd be able to find his way back, but today, he went so far in that he didn't see any point in going back.

Adrian thought for a moment then nodded, "Okay then why don't I make you something? It's late anyway I'll just start making dinner for the both of us." He walked past Francis. "Come with me I'll take you to our room. We will have to share like I said but I'll sleep on the floor if you want me too." He said waving his hand for him to follow. "You can set your things down and such then you can come back or just stay back here." He said and smiled kindly. He trusted the boy but didn't know why seeing as he had just met him.

Francis followed Adrian to his room. He looked at the bed. It was definitely big enough for both of them.

"I... I wouldn't mind sharing a bed with you..." Francis blushed a little as he left his stuff in his room and walked back. He was confused. Why did he feel like sleeping in the same bed as Adrian? He tried not to think about it much and went back to the kitchen.

Adrian smiled hearing he could still sleep on a comfy bed rather than the wooden floor. He sighed and stretched before he went to the kitchen and started preparing dinner. He decided to so roast chicken with a bed of salad and a dressing made home here with different kinds of berries. He began making it soon after and listened hearing Francis coming back from the room. "So you are fine? With the home? Do you like it." He asked and blushed lightly knowing he didn't have everything everyone else in Francis's world had. No tv or radio just the sounds of the village and people laughin and singing along with the birds outside. "I know it's not much but it's shelter." He said and turned back to the dinner.

"I... I really like it." Francis said. "It's relaxing not to see wine barrels every other room you walk into..."

The aroma of the chicken did not go unnoticed, as Francis' stomach let out an audible growl. He giggled a little and blushed.

"Sorry... I'm really hungry right now, and the food you're making smells really good..." he said.

Adrian nodded hearing that the home was to his guests liking. "Ah I don't mind the sound of someone being hungry. At least I know you'll eat all of my food even if it's gross." He smiled and winked at Francis before turning back to the food. It would be done soon enough it didn't take long to cook one bit and he had already finished cooking the salad and te chicken already on the burner. "It will be done here shortly." He wiped off his hands and smiled at Francis. He loved to cook and being light and quick on his feet made him have nimble hands made for steady working as well. He could work fast with excellent precision.

He looks like he's had a lot of time in the kitchen. Francis thought. I know how to make sauces with wine and a couple desserts, but not that much, really...

He felt happy that Adrian was such a good cook. It made him feel very lucky that he was going to be housed and fed well.

"Thank you for letting me stay, Adrian." Francis said. "I don't know what I would've done if I didn't find you."

He looked at the horrible sweat stains and dirt on his pants and wondered if there was any chance that it could be cleaned even a little.

Adrian laughed softly taking the chicken and placing it on a plate as well as the salad. "You would most likely have died out there not having known your way back." He said lightly and looked back at Francis and handing him a plate. "But you found me. And now you can further your research." He smiled and sat down next to Francis pouring him a glass of water.

"Thank you, Adrian." Francis said, blushing profusely. He took the plate and looked in his bag for a notebook. It was empty since there were no notes about elves, fairies, or any supernatural beings yet. He started his first section on elves.

Adrian smiled softly and began to eat. He liked the color on the boys cheeks. It made him look joyful and full of light more than the time he first met him. He watched Francis begin to write and he sighed, "If you need me to help with the facts I can. I'll take you into the village the day my father is out on leave. Which is two days from now and you can see our way of life. Maybe talk to the children of the village." He smiled again and closed his mouth not wanting to interrupt Francis.

Francis ate a little of the chicken. The flavor shocked him. It was on-par with some of the best human chefs in the land. Eating more, he began by writing that the elves seemed to be better at cooking than humans.

"How do you manage to cook this chicken so well?" he asked. "Humans can barely cook any form of meat correctly."

Adrian sighed happily "I learned from my father. We have different recipes which call for things that humans, no offense, wouldn't think to put into the dish. Elves have many skill talents and cooking is among them." He said before taking a bite of the salad. He thought about grabbing some of the wine that they had on the barrels outside but he decided not to. He didn't want the male to have to drink when he didn't want to.

"Are these culinary techniques secrets of the tribe?" Francis asked a little further, trying not to overstep any boundaries. He went on to try the salad next. While it tasted like any other salad by itself, he found that it complemented the chicken well when he ate them together.

"Also, do elves have different taste receptors?" he added.

Adrian just nodded. "Yes the recipes are strictly for the elves in the tribe. Now another tribe may have different recipes than we do. And yes. All of our senses are heightened. They all are more sensitive than that of a humans. Saying I could hear you speaking from miles away or I could see in the dark easily. That sort of thing." He said finishing his small dish he had made for himself.

Francis made notes about the secrecy of elven tribes as well as their heightened senses.

"I see. Anyway, in some human folklore, elves are portrayed as petit, thieving beings. How true would you say that is?" Francis asked next, eating a little more.

Adrian leaned back in his seat and smirked. "I don't know. Most of our women our small, and fair. Most of the men look as I do strong yet small looking. As for the thieving. Ah...let's just say we borrow sometimes. But we so not steal as often as people think."

"What do you mean by borrow?" Francis asked. "Is there some kind of mentality behind this that humans just can't understand?"

Francis tried to ask his questions carefully as not to offend Adrian. His pencil flitted over the paper quickly as he took down notes.

Adrian thought a moment before he answered the boy, "Well to the people we borrow the objects from it is stealing. But it is only basic things that we steal things that could be re-bought easily. As for the borrowing I mean to us we put it back. So there is no stealin we only use it for a few days or weeks and then send it back." He shrugged and he looked up at Francis. "I don't like stealing myself. But when the clan itself needs it and we could possibly perish without it then I see it needed. It's the only way we can live." He said looking away.