Drugless Cure (Clover and Ciel)

クローバー (Clover)

Chills crawled up his spine like ivy when he felt the cold, chilly feeling of the freezing steel on his back. Breathing softly, slowly calming down, the younger male could feel how hot his cheeks were from blushing, and it just made him blush a deeper shade of vermillion. Soft green eyes glanced up at the older doctor, a bit oh happiness in them, though the rest of them held unease.

"Well...okay..." sighed the blonde quietly, "As long as he doesn't persist on taking my doctor away from me~" He said this rather innocently, kind of how like a little child would if they were possessive over something, like a toy, or a favorite stuffed item, though, instead of an favorite stuffed animal, Aoki had Takashi, which was what he was possessive over....it might have been considered to be selfish, but the blonde just wanted Takashi all to himself, and he didn't want some ex from the past to ruin their now forming relationship.

Nibbling on the tip of his thumb, the younger of the two men was trying to think of a way to propose this...and the idea made him almost quiver from nervousness... gulping the slightest bit, the emerald-eyed male glanced at the maple-haired doctor before asking quietly, so no one outside of the room could hear him,

"U-Um...Dr. Outa...c-can I please have a hug? I won't ask for anything else, I promise...I'll even try to do some of the exercises...just...can I p-please have a hug?" His eyes cast down towards his feet, feeling somewhat shameful, as if what he had asked was something of high treason and that he was going to be put to death for it.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• クローバー (Clover)

• {。^◕‿◕^。}Ciel

Takashi returned the boy's meek gestures with a hug.

"I don't want you to do anything you're not capable of doing. It's clear to me that your leg is in no condition to do any exercises. However, we can try something simple if you really want that." Takashi said.

Hugging the older male tightly with his skinny, lithe arms, the younger blonde buried his face into the chest of his doctor, sighing contently as he murmured, "I just want to get better...I hate feeling so useless." Sighing softly, the younger of the two closed his eyes contently as he rested in the arms of the older.

"You have to wait, my dear Aoki. Getting better is something that takes time. Even when your bones heal, your flexibility will be very much reduced. That's more where I come in." Takashi said. "I'm here mostly to make sure that you will be able to use your leg like could before your injury. I still don't understand why the ER doctors are sending you to me."

"Which one of us cared for him?" A voice sounded from the door. Takashi immediately recognized it and went to lock him out, but Ryouta opened the door before he could lock it.

"Ryouta, what the hell are you doing here?!" Takashi stiffened, a stern scowl marring the smile that used to be on his features.

"Just paying Taka-chan a visit~" the obviously younger man said, wrapping an arm around his ex boyfriend.

"What part of 'I never want to see you again' do you not understand?" Takashi said, pushing Ryouta off of him. "You really are that stupid aren't you? It makes me wonder how you passed through medical school."

"It's a long story." Ryouta said. "Anyway, you got any plans tonight?"

"I'm planning to meet with a patient, like usual. I also have to dictate cases for the records." Takashi lied. He really didn't have anyone after Aoki, but if it kept the leech of his ex boyfriend away, he would go to any length to get that done.

"Oh really?" Ryouta said. "Such a shame. And who's your friend in the wheelchair?"

Ryouta leaned in to try to rub Aoki's back, but Takashi slapped his hand away.

"Do NOT touch him. He's one of my patients. He doesn't like to be touched, and I can't have you touching people willy-nilly like some little four-year-old. You'll undo all the progress I made in making him comfortable." Takashi said, getting behind Ryouta and pushing him out of the door. "Now this is my final warning: If I see you shirking work to try to harass him or me again, I'll have a restraining order filed against you, and I'll notify the head of the ER of your actions. Now get back to work!"

The veins in his head and neck were easily visible as the doctor tried to calm himself. His vessels slowly sank back into his skin as he calmed down, shaking his head as his anger gave way to scorn.

"That kid never learns..." he said. "I'm sorry you had to see that."

• 2 weeks later...

The tiny, pale-skinned male had watched the whole epidemic... what was this? Was Ryouta his ex-boyfriend? Why was this happening when he was here? Was Takashi still seeing the person that he said that he was over with? Was...Takashi cheating on him with this man?

Breathing in hoarsely, Aoki rubbed his own face quietly to prevent tears from coming out...he had the worst ideas flowing through his mind. He wanted Takashi to be committed to him..and him only...he didn't fancy the idea of Takashi being with antoher man behind his back...it isn't fair...

"I-It's okay..." lied the younger blonde male, his pale green eyes searching the floor, not even bothering to look at his doctor, his eyes a bit distant...actually no, he was distant in a whole.

"Are we still going on a date afterwards...or...do you have plans with Ryouta instead?" asked the young man quietly...there was obvious hurt in his voice now...he felt betrayed by his lover.

Takashi remembered having promised another date at the end of the first one they had, but he sensed the doubt in his patient's voice. Damn that Ryouta and his peeping ways.

"Y-yes, we can still go on a date tonight if you want." Takashi said, closing up his notebook. "Sometimes, I really want to strangle Ryouta..."

The last part was said under his breath. He was upset that just one appearance from his ex-boyfriend caused this sudden change. He knew that this visit caused great distress and apprehension in the other, but he didn't know how to earn his trust back.

"Okay." said the younger male flatly, looking away a bit, resting his head in his hand as his arm rested on the arm of the wheelchair. Eyes watering the slightest bit as his blank face started to slowly turn saddened... He was supposed to have Takashi all to himself during and after his appointment...call him selfish, call him what you please, but he just wanted to spend time with his lover that he hadn't seen in the past few days.

"C-Can you spend the night tonight? I don't want you to go...please?" asked the younger man almost timidly, quietly, almost scared to even ask at all.

"Sure. I'm getting my basement redone anyway, and I can't stand the sounds of construction." Takashi fibbed. No work was actually being done on his house. He was just concentrated on getting Aoki's trust back.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I not good enough? Takashi wondered.

"Okay..." Aoki said quietly... He was hoping that Takashi would stay with him the whole night...maybe even cuddle with him...it might hurt a little bit, but he just wanted to be closer to his lover. The blonde nodded slowly, wiping at his eyes carefully, his lip twitching the slightest bit before he asked, "What are we doing today...? There's not much to do with my leg...it's just there...I'm not really sure what to do with it..."

"Do you want to go out for dinner tonight and go back to your place after?" Takashi suggested. Seeing the boy wiping an eye, his guilt bit into his soul hard. He didn't mean to make the boy he loved so unhappy. "Do you know any good places to eat? I'll take you out wherever you like."

's-sure...we can do that..." The blonde agreed to this, though, there was a bit of doubt in his eyes when the older male questioned him on what he ate, "Umm...well....I don't really go out to eat a lot of the time because I lack the company to do so...I'm really sorry...I think the only place I remember ever eating was a Vietnamese restaurant...it tasted nice...c-can we go there?" suggested the young blonde, twiddling his thumbs a bit nervously as he wiped another tear out of his eye.

"Of course we can." Takashi said, dropping down to the face level of the sitting boy. He then planted a soft, chaste kiss on Aoki's lips. "Your happiness matters to me, remember?"

Takashi made a mental note to talk to the head of the ER about his ex-boyfriend's antics to make sure he'd never interfere on him and Aoki again.

• 3 months later...

Aoki glanced at the other male as he slowly smiled, a bit of a warm grin so to speak as he pawed at one of his eyes almost tiredly. His blond hair sat in a certain way of which his bangs would flop down messily and his green-blue eyes were hardly showing beneath it. "I'm glad that I matter to you... thank you." He said, his eyes holding a rather sincere look. Finally, somebody began to recognize him, notice him, accept him...and the feeling was beautiful! Quite lovely, so to speak... it made him feel special for once instead of a lowly loser.

"I don't have to see anyone else today, so if you want, we can go to my office in the next building over and talk more before we leave." Takashi suggested as he checked the time. This boy he was tending to was too cute for his own good. He wished that Ryouta's interference hadn't set him back so much in terms of trust. Maybe if he could unveil his ex's antics during work, that could get him out of the way for good. But Ryouta could come later. For now, he wanted to work on fixing what his ex had broken.

"In the building over? I guess that's o but would you be able to wheel me over there? It's not like I can really walk...I can limp there, though, but I don't think that's very healthy for my legs..." mused Aoki out-loud, his thumb prodding his upper-lip in a rather cute way. Truly, Aoki could be rather affectionate and happy if he got to know the person... and he was trying to express himself better around Takashi, he just wanted the man to think of him well. He didn't want to fall out of the relationship... Takashi was so nice to him. He didn't want to lose him.

"Of course." Takashi responded with a smile before adding, "Unless you want me to carry you." He took the wheelchair that the nurse used to wheel Aoki into the area and helped Aoki into it. He then began to push it out of the door. Aoki was one of the best patients he had to date, being the best about being injured and not complaining much. That was all he really asked for in patients in terms of their behavior.

"So, I'm kind of curious to learn more about you. Where did you grow up?" the tall doctor asked.

Aoki nearly turned a dark red color as the other male offered to carry him. Carry him? He nearly turned darker than vermillion when he held his hand... how would he react to the other carrying him? Gulping down nervously, he said quietly, "C-carry me? Is...um...my leg healed enough for you to carry me?" He wasn't sure if it was safe... The blonde nearly started to sweat due to the embarrassment that was expressed in vivid colors on his face.

"I um... I was born in Britain, although my mother's side is of Asian decent, and my father is of German-British descent..." explained Aoki as he nibbled on his thumb nervously.

"I was joking." Takashi said. "Also, what I meant by my question was something more like 'What was your childhood like?'."

As he wheeled the young boy across the street, he made sure to look both ways to make sure he wouldn't damage him more than he already was. After getting to the other side, Takashi looked up the tall structure, seeking out his office on the seventh floor before pointing upward. The office was basically his home for the days he was extremely busy, so he had a comfy futon moved into his office and some snacks as well. It was a pretty decent place to stay for how limited his resources were. Provided the room was fully stocked with food, someone could live there for a while. Looking back to his patient, the doctor wiped sweat from his brow. It was a really hot day today, without a doubt.

"My office is up there on the seventh floor. There's an elevator inside we can take." Takashi said, wheeling Aoki into the cooler air of the office building. He sought out an elevator and found one that was vacant and going up. After pushing the button for the seventh floor, he waited for the elevator to go up. Once it reached its destination, Takashi pushed Aoki out of the elevator and carefully maneuvered him through the door, going towards the front of the building to his office. His name was printed on a sign near the door. Once he unlocked and opened the door, he pushed Aoki in and opened the blinds a little.

"This is my office. Sometimes, when I work really late, I'll just stay here for the night, so I have a futon and a lot of food available in case you're hungry." Takashi said.

"My childhood? My childhood was uneventful, honestly. I got along with my brother, my father was always away, and my mom was usually happy. My brother was like a best friend to me. I was the socially-awkward kid in school...But my childhood doesn't really matter, now does it? Because in reality...the past doesn't matter."

Aoki felt really hot when he was being wheeled outside to the other building. Though, he was rather happy to see a lot of different colors... he rarely got outside due to his injury. The sight made him rather happy and relieved. Even though it smelled of the city, even though it was the scent that bothered him so much, he appreciated it, it made him happy, because he was alive, and still able to breath, even if it was the worst scent he ever knew.

The cast around his leg made his leg feel like it was burning... Face flushed from the heart, when they got inside, he was instantly relieved. Aoki really wasn't that big of a fan for hot weather. Especially when he had the cast on his body..

"Thank goodness there's an elevator here...though the idea of you trying to wheel me up an elevator is rather amusing." mused the younger, blonde man with a small chuckle at the end.

Once they got to his office, he looked around, and he smiled contently. It kind of reminded him of the apartment where he currently lived... it was nice, it felt homey, although this was just supposed to be an office.

"Hey... Takashi? Thanks for taking me up here... it's comfortable up here, y'know?" There was still a bit of a shy edge in his tone as he asked, "Can I um... please lay down on the futon? The wheelchair is really uncomfortable...I know it's a lot to ask for... but please?"

Without a word, Takashi scooped Aoki up bridal style, gently laying him down on the futon (which was already set down as a bed). He elevated the boy's injured leg carefully and put another pillow under his head. He sat down in the swivel chair by his computer and wheeled himself over to the bedside. He thought Aoki looked absolutely adorable on the futon like that. Maybe it was the way the boy was positioned, but something inside of him felt warm and fuzzy.

"Is that comfortable?" he asked.

Aoki blushed wildly when the other picked him up. His eyes squeezed shut, and his cheeks puffed out in a rather cute manner. He covered his face with his hands in embarrassment as he was positioned. It felt comfortable... well, anything felt comfortable compared to the wheelchair. When he finally calmed himself down, he glanced at the other male with a shy smile, his green eyes looking a bit nervous.

"I-I...um...thank you, Takashi!" He stuttered before hiding his face in his hands again. Great... he probably seemed like a stuttering idiot.... He didn't know why he was so shy, he didn't want to be... but he felt like he was going to screw something up, and that he'd mess up somehow and Takashi would end up hating him.

"Y-Yes... it's very comfortable..."

The doctor smiled as Aoki stuttered and tried to be calm. He understood what it was like to entrust his life to someone who felt like a complete stranger. He had had many awkward moments with his doctors when he was in that car crash that took his brother's life. Thankfully, he was pretty good at hiding his reactions.

"Do you want anything to eat? There's a small kitchen down the hall, and I have food here." Takashi said.

The young blonde male blushed softly as he slowly allowed his hands to slip away from his face so that he could see the other.

"Umm...no thank you, I'm not very hungry... I haven't really had much of an appetite in a while." said Aoki with a sheepish grin, rubbing his forehead with a small huff. His green eyes glanced up at the older man, a bit of a happy gleam in his yes. Despite his nervousness, he was rather delighted to even be in the same room as the doctor.. it made him more comfortable.

"Thanks for having me here.... it means a lot...y'know?"

"It's a pleasure to have you here." Takashi said. He didn't usually have people in his office unless they were secretaries of his. Having a patient in there was new for him, but not exactly unwelcome. He loved having the smaller blond boy around.

((Ugh. It's really short. I had writer's block. DX))

Aoki smiled softly as the other told him that he was welcomed here. It made him rather happy, to be honest. He was being accepted by someone for once in his life and he wasn't being completely rejected by them by now.. he was so happy. He nearly cried in joy as he looked at the other, his eyes watering a bit, "Thank you...thank you so much..."