• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SqueezeBabe

• Teesie

• InkompleteWish

• BlaqueCatt

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
ok...it's your chara's I'm just looking out for you. Though you can have two character. :) ok....I'll shut up now.

you can make up your own tribe still - but you won't have to be multiple individuals (if that makes sense) you just talk about your tribe from your characters point of view. If you need _any_ help with any of this, i'm more than willing. :)

Some "research" for you guys to have a look at...

If you have emails and are willing to give to me (or some other file sharing method) I will send ebooks.

and some links to some basic stuff...

Nice, i read through those two files but well, i don't have a ebook (heck don't even know how that works and all) but i guess i got a good understanding already. I can still ask you guys or google something after all. :p

That was exciting. ^___^ I love learning new things. I do ask are we going to be strictly going by the period of times. Like 30,000 bc -etc. I was planning to have Fang a bow and arrow. Plus...I like the certain opportunities I have at this point. Hm...

*rubs chin*

Depends on what the others say, I'm willing to have the truth stretched a little for the sake of story-telling... but historical accuracy is the key...

The one I was really focussing on was more i think 15,000BC - cromagnon man and around that time...

Well, i don't mind bending it a little. Though not that much obviously. But help me out here for a bit. It is the Ice Age then right? So it will probably snow a lot or can we make it that its colder but there is still some warmth (the sun)?

Ok, from memory - it IS the Ice Age, but that doesn't mean that there is snow ALL the time. The winters were particularly harsh and brutal, but the big wooly animals like the mammoth and the rhino's moved/migrated with the seasons. In Europe there were a few huge glaciers, somewhere around Russia, and again somewhere around i think France or there abouts (Historically speaking) that helped "regulate" the temperatures.

So in spring and summer, things did go all green and lush and you could do the whole gathering thing properly, but if course you had to make sure that you spend the warmer months getting everything ready for the colder months.

Yeah, i know that it wasn't constantly but there was a time where winter was extremely harsh (according to a story i read somewhere...sometimes...) and many died. That's why i asked but okay. That is helping me a lot and giving me ideas. He he he.

There very most northern parts of Europe would most likely have been under snow ALL the time, but we're talking really northern like.. the tops of Sweden, Finland, Norway... all along the very top of Russia... - those places would have been brutally cold ALL the time.

Also another scientific thing to remember that the closer you get to a glacier, the less -snow- there actually is. Glaciers like -dry- cold and snow is "wet" cold.

I don't need you guys to be 100% accurate with this stuff (i'm not expecting you to be) and truth bending or stretching is most certainly allowed. ^.^

But i'm a sciencey sorta person, and i've been interested in the stuff for a long time. :)

I have a series of books (they're REALLY good books) - all fiction of course, but it's about this sort of stuff... and there are hot naughty bits in them too.. *waggles eyebrows*

They were the books that i was going to give to everyone - i've already sent them to Blue ^.^

These are the books in case anyone is interested (and you can get them in your own country and possibly in your own language)

Well, it does interest me but i must say i am more interested in dinosaurier ages, Triassic, Jurassic, or Cretaceous. So i am not that knowlegdeable about it. :p Only basic stuff.

WELL!!!!! Dinosaurs would've been cool... except there were no people when there were dinosaurs, so that would have REALLY been stretching the truth just a tad...

And dinosaurs were huge, impossibly huge, how on earth would a puny human be able to hunt one?

That i know. But well, thats just my personal interest. XD But i like the age where humans evolved too, just that i like dinosaurs more. :p

*rubs chin*

For the sake of making it easier, we'll say that we're already evolved - poetic license and all that.

But we can use the Neanderthals as a plot device if we need to.

Is that what you're asking?

Yes, that was what I was asking. Ok, that sounds reasonable. I wouldn't mind having any if that is what you wish. For I have a tribe and a Neanderthal could be one as well.

*laughs* I know i'm probably sounding horribly restrictive, but please believe me that I'm not.

You write what you -want- to write - I'm just trying to give you guys as much information as I can so that you can make the best possible decisions, I'm not telling you that you MUST be any of these things.