Egyptian/Ancient Gods RP (possible group RP)

SqueezeBabe

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
no no you did mention me but after i checked the mention i lost it and i was trying to find it again(silly me didn't go back to the mentions) xD

Hmm...i'm gonna have a hard time with Hypnos i think...who would worship sleep? Anyway the plot sounds good! No need to worry(except me xP)

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AomineDaiki

• SqueezeBabe

• fameandfortune212

• b.lueeyes

no no you did mention me but after i checked the mention i lost it and i was trying to find it again(silly me didn't go back to the mentions) xD

Hmm...i'm gonna have a hard time with Hypnos i think...who would worship sleep? Anyway the plot sounds good! No need to worry(except me xP)

Things you could... think about (I'm trying to be helpful):

Words derived from Hypnos

The English word "hypnosis" is derived from his name, referring to the fact that when hypnotized, a person is put into a sleep-like state (hypnos "sleep" + -osis "condition")

Additionally, the English word "insomnia" comes from the name of his Latin counterpart, Somnus. (in- "not" + somnus "sleep"), as well as a few less-common words such as "somnolent", meaning sleepy or tending to cause sleep.

I know these things. I know both Greek(my language after all) and latins cuz we do them at school. Btw nice analyzing of the word :) But the name is not the problem...the problem is how am i gonna make pple worship him. xD Except if i turn the pple in modern life lazy asses ROLF! However i thought of something. Since pple think that sleeping is just a stage that provides them physical energy they would obviously wouldn't think that there is a god behind this stage so he wouldn't have many followers. As reasult when pple go to sleep Hypnos has to use his powers but since they are not in heavens(olympus, underworld etc)he would lose a big amount of his already less powers. Or something like that. How does it sounds?

You could also look at the equivalents - like the Sandman - the mythical being that delivered sleeping sand so that children would go to sleep (because when you wake up, your eyes are all gritty with "sand")

The problem with modern society is that people -can't- sleep from stresses and worries, and too much coffee and all that, so it kinda makes sense that they'd "pray" for something to put them to sleep (I know i do!)

Sandman. XD! Why the heck I am thinking of other things related to 'gritty'. XD Anyway, looking forward to the rest of the posts!

Errr...do we need to remind people that it's their go? or are we all pretty self-reliant people and check on these things?

Well, I suggest to mention their nicknames (remind) because when I get busy I tend to forget here and there. So yeah..

No idea bout the others.

Rolf the Sandman!xD Btw nice idea. I could use this. Like pple lead a life full of stress and they always want to go home relax and sleep. Way to go

!:6onion72:

I agree with

Better use mentions so that we know and not forget. Btw...nice post Saga!xD

Well... for the first post, i don't care what the order is - but i guess after the second Kronos post, then we'll stick with the order...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm full of awesome ideas *winks* just ask Saga :p

.....what kind of dirty ideas does Squeeze have? Are we gonna live?O.o