Law and Order: Forbidden Intent ((RP with Akira_Skye))

vadess40

((WElcome Back!!!! How's life with the dead?))

Michael widens his eyes. He's not sure what to think about the kiss. He's not sure what to say. He sits back and whispers, "You should not have done that in public. But I thank you... I hope I'll prove that it was worth it."

A part of him is screaming What are you doing?? Why are you even here? However, he would prefer to listen to the part that's telling him to sit back and enjoy the evening. After all, he might not have a chance for one again.

He then notices the waitress approaching slowly. He then smiles as she asks, "Good evening, gentlemen, what can I get you gentlemen this evening?"

Michael looked up and said, "I'll have the club sandwich with fries. He can have whatever he wants, because it is on me."

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vadess40

• Akira_Skye

((Boooooring. I mean they don't do anything at all.))

Cedric drew back and smiled. "No one knows is here. And I love you. Why shouldn't I kiss you?" He smiled and leaned back in his chair. He then started to mentally chastise himself. 'Dammit! You moron! Falling in love with the law! What the hell!?' But then there was part of him that said to leave that life behind. And love the man in front of him.

Then he noticed that Michael had ordered and the waitress was still standing there. "Huh? Oh! I'm sorry. Please forgive my rudeness miss. I think I'll have the sixteen ounce sirloin please. Medium, if you don't mind. With a baked potato?" He wasn't completely mannerless. He needed some form of mannerism to scrape by in the world.

Michale raised a brow. "THe steak? You're already stepping up in the world."

He chuckles and looks out the window. He's still trying to process what Cedric has been telling him: The gangster loves the prosecutor? He wants to turn over a new leaf, so long as he can be with Michael? He would turn in all those gangsters they have been waiting to apprehend?

Michael glances at Cedric with some worry. After all, Cedric could be lying... Making all of this up so Michael will cut him a break. What if Michael is swept away at the expense of another murdered cop? Another missing woman?

Michael visibly looked down and shook his head. He then asks quietly, "Do you mind being patient with me, Cedric? This is... a lot for me to take in and I'm still not entirely sure how much is real and how much is my own imagination."

Cedric simply nodded his head excitedly. "Yeah! I mean I've loved steak since I was a kid!" Cedric smiled so innocently. Almost as if he forgot where he was and who he was with. But he knew what he wanted. He just didn't know how to prove his loyalty to him. How can he? The thoughts clouded his mind now and he looked down ashamed of himself. "I'm sorry it's so sudden and everythin... I mean I wouldn't know what to do if I were in your shoes. Ya know? So take your time Mike. Just know that I will always love you."

Michael simply shrugged: "Part of what makes me job interesting is I never truly know what to expect. However, if this can bring about a happy ending for me, for you, and the rest of the city, it will be worth it."

Mike smiles as the waitress gives them their orders. If there is one thing that has yet to let him down, it is club sandwiches! He starts to munch on the sandwich, a bit lost in enjoying the flavor. He then blushes slightly, as he was not alone. He says to Cedric, "Sorry... it is just this place makes really good sandwiches. And I haven't been on a social outing for many months now."

He smiles and is clearly relaxed as he wipes away some of the mayonnaise. "So... you like steak? What else do you enjoy, Cedric?"

Cedric simply chuckled and nodded his head. "Yeah, I bet you've seen worse than me... Hah! As if that could ever happen!" He laughed a little and then looked down at his steak. He looked at the waitress and smiled childishly and innocently. He then started in on his steak and found it cooked perfectly. And the seasonings were done just right. Just as he remembered them that is. Then he noticed Michael apologize. "Hmm? It's no problem! This place has always been my favorite since I was little too. So no worries! I always had the steak anyway." Cedric then blushes deeply as he stared at his plate. He sat floundering for words. "Uh... It's actually kinda stupid. And if anyone else found out I would be a laughing stock. But I love to sing. It's like my one passion life. But like I said: I was forced into this thing. Not exactly something I enjoy doing. But I do my current thing well enough. So I figure just keep it up... Ya know?" He sighed longingly and looked at his plate and back up to Michael. "I guess I was hoping you would noticed that I love you."

Michael smiled and nodded slowly. He was about to answer when he saw something out of the corner of his eye. He turned more directly to the window and his face went completely pale. He then looked at Cedric and then simply pulled out his wallet and left $40 on the table- enough to cover both.

He said, "Sorry, Cedric, but I cannot stay any more." He then wrote something down on napkin with a pen he keeps in his coat pocket- his phone number. Michael says, "Call me later" before he quickly gets up with his plate and quickly gets the waitress to give him a to-go container to put the rest of his meal in.

He's at the front door when he's greeted by a colleague. Worse than a colleague, it was the other Assistant DA Connie Rubirosa. Michael tried to be casual as she greeted him, "Hi, Michael. Are you alright?"

adlgarza_300.jpg

Michael nodded slowly, "Of course, why do you ask?"

Connie replied, "Saw you one of our most recent cases... I wanted to be sure he was not threatening you," she says in a hushed voice.

Michael shook his head: "Nonsense. He did try to threaten me but it failed. You should know I do not allow defendants to intimidate."

Connie nodded and simply said, "Want me to get the police or...?"

Michael shook his head. "No need. Just grab whatever you came here for and let's go. I was just heading home, anyway."

Connie nodded, before glaring at Cedric, and then simply got a coffee before heading out the restaurant door. I'll have to make it up to him soon...

Cedric looked over at Michael and smiled warmly. He then noticed Michael looking away and towards the window. But he didn't notice anyone there at all. He shrugged his shoulders and continued to eat his meal.

He then quickly shook his head and tried to grab Michael quickly. "Please don't go! Please..." He just stood there staring blankly at the air in front of him and grasping at a napkin. "I'm sorry..." He then closed his eyes and looked away.

He then opened them and glared at the woman in the restaurant and glared back at her. Obviously a woman after the man he loves!

Mike drove around for over and hour before he eventually decided to stop at a his house. He didn't go in. He simply slapped at the steering wheel.

He wanted to cry: That night was going perfectly. Since when did Connie go to New Jersey to get supper? She lives in Brooklyn! Was... was she following him? Why? He did not remember seeing her outside the court where he and Cedric were talking. It did not make sense: He did not understand why Cedric loved him... He did understand why it is a strong possibility his heart might be openning up again... and now his colleague happens to ruin everything? He did not understand it.

But he does understand he gave Cedric his phone number. He wonders if he should call the young man instead, as he's sure that Cedric might have panicked with his abrupt departure. He does have a contact number in Cedric's case file... though perhaps he should wait?

He enters his dwelling place to debate: Call or not call... Well, calling would assure Cedric it was nothing the young man said, right? He looks up the man's number on his computer from the case file he can access and then calls. He whispers, "Be there... be there... be there..." as the phone on the other line rings.

Cedric didn't really have anywhere to go because the gang had actually kicked him out. They somehow found out about the two and because Cedric's all buddy buddy with the law they won't touch him at all. He actually just sat in an ally and cried for the first time in his life. He cried and cried. Sobbing and heaving until nothing else would flow forth from his eyes.

And then, he heard his phone ring. It made him jump, but then he remembered that Michael had given Cedric his number. He quickly fished his phone out of his pocket and answered it quickly. "Mike...?" His voice was hoarse from crying so hard, but he still knew to sound okay enough. "Is that you...?"

"Cedric!" Michael was so happy the man picked up he didn't know what to say. He then said, "Are you alright? I'm so sorry I had to leave so suddenly. The woman at the counter is one of my close colleagues. I am almost always in court with her. I promise I'll make it up to you somehow. Is there anything you need?"

Cedric simply shook his head to himself. "No, I wish I could say I am. And why was she even there? I mean I've seen her around but... But I digress. I'm homeless now. I tried talking to my dad and he won't take me in. My gang found out about me loving you and basically kicked me out... And no one I know will take me in... Mike, you're my only hope... Please. You're the only one I have left..." Cedric started to tear up again as he felt a lump in his throat form. "I'm sorry... I guess I'm just too emotional right now... Hah... That's what got me in trouble in the first place... Emotions..." His voice trailed off and he looked out into the street. "Can you take me in?"

Mike was already running out to his car the moment Cedric said his dad wouldn't take him in. Mike said, "I don't know, and I don't care. Where are you? Are you in Manhattan? I'm coming to get you?"

Mike was already running out to his car the moment Cedric said his dad wouldn't take him in. Mike said, "I don't know, and I don't care. Where are you? Are you in Manhattan? I'm coming to get you?" Mike's was full of panic to the point where he had to take deep breaths to control his breathing.

Cedric nodded his head gently. "Yes, I am. I'm still by the restaurant. Please don't worry about me. I'm fine. I promise. I can get by. Honest." He knew he would die without Michael's help. But he didn't want to worry his only love.

Mike says as his car pulls out of the driveway. He says, "Cedric, it's November. If you're homeless, you will not survive. You need heat, food, roof over your head... Now tell me, where are you? I know it is not at the restaurant. Please, just tell me where you are."

Cedric simply shook his head. "How did you know...? Anyway, I'm in an ally by the restaurant. And Mike, please don't worry about me..." His eyes filled with tears again. As long as the case was ongoing he couldn't stay with Michael. At all.

Michael arrived at the restaurant about a half hour later. He found the alleyway Cedric mentioned. He walked cautiously over to the man and said, "Cedric? Are you warm enough? Come, we need to get you out of here..."

Michael then took off his jacket and wrapped it around the now ex-gang leader. He says, "Cedric... You bring out emotions in me I haven't felt in a long time, and then tell me not to worry about you being out on the streets? You have interesting ways of communicating things."

Cedric sat there shivering in the ally waiting for Michael to show. He then thought that he had been ditched and left for dead. He deserved it after all. Everything he did was wrong anyway.

But just then he felt something warm wrap him up. And he looked to see Michael staring at him. "H-Huh? I do that to you...? Why me? All I did was confess to you."