Does Anyone Buy Yaoi?

Anessen

Wow, I like Shinba Rize too!

I buy for the following reasons:

-I get to have a physical copy of something amazing.

-It's another way to support the creators.

- In case of power outages, I have something to read! :D

Scanlations are mostly serve as my previews. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't get to know my favorite artists so a big big thanks from me to all the scanlation teams!

The second point really is the main reason I started buying copies back so many months ago. I really hope they get enough support to finish their stories. I haven't bought anything of late though cause my car eats my money. Also, this is what I have so far.

10557220_341341559349089_8620254898674274038_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anessen

• kihi

• Xenres

• Kurai Hoshi

Yeah I do :) Well when I have money anyways. I mostly order them online 'cause I live in a small town and also 'cause I want to buy them in english. I'm not even sure where I could find yaoi manga in english except online.

I like to have the physical copy too, it is totally better than reading them online. And also as said before it's a good way to support the creators.

only gravitation (some vols)

I have to shamely accept that I don't buy.

yaoi/shounen ai manga is like EXTREMLY hard to get it where I live

and it gets tooo expensive to order it online because of where I live

• 6 months later...

as much as i want buy yaoi manga there's no way my country will released it. and for online buying. i don't have p***al to use so i cant buy it u.u

Yup. I usually order my manga & DVDs from a shop in Stockholm and they send it to my house or closest post office depending on how big the packages are.

Ofc, I'll have to pay for postage, but it's still cheaper than what the train tickets would be. ^^

Although I like to have a copy of the book in my hands because I prefer reading it that way and not have to keep

scrolling around online, I do tend to just read/watch it online mainly because it's cheaper that way and I dont really

have the funds to buy it. However when I do get a hard copy it's usually my eldest sister who buys it for me :)

I've started collecting Yaoi now. Just the mangas so far. I love tearing the wrapping off! I admit to feeling very giggly and juvenile when I get my manga in and it's all sealed up. It never gets old. I'm a huge dork! I also read the scans too. Haven't bought any animes yet, but I think that might be next.

I understand Japanese so I buy my BL manga from an online bookstore in Japan (with reasonable shipping costs and various shipping methods). The bookstore gives out coupons and you can save up points every time you buy so I feel I am getting a good deal. (I do give myself a limit on how much I can spend a month). I also buy digital BL manga online (for which I can also collect points to use for future purchases), but never download scanslations. I will occasionally download raw scans but those are to preview only. I delete them when I am done with them and buy the original if I like it. It's always good to support the artist if you want them to continue releasing new titles or continue series.

• 1 month later...

i don't buy books often.. it's not on my budget,, but more of a special treat.. when i feel so tired and a special occasion is coming up,, i treat myself with my favorite yaoi.. Nothing is better than a hard copy..more up close and personal.. tee hee!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have only once bought a shounen-ai, namely Earthian by Jun Kouga. I would buy more, but manga is generally pretty hard to find in my country and also kind of expensive.

I buy Yaoi books, yes. I order them in bookstores or buy them at the comic book store (they also sell Manga there). Sadly some of the best Yaoi Manga aren't available here so I have to put up with scanlations. I definitely prefer bought Manga tough.

I buy and read online- I don't watch much yaoi because, well, I usually read when I'm out of the house and I can't always have earbuds...

Anyway, I buy BL manga online whenever I happen to have money and there's something out that I want. (which is rare, the best ones never get licensed...)

I do own Sukisyo on DVD but, it was a christmas gift a few years back.

• 4 weeks later...

i have but only recently when i went to japan lol i just bought like..iberiko buta to koi no dorei and ohayou rakuen-kun :o

I buy if there is something that really interests me. So far just two series I bought in Manga. In Yaoi terms it is hard to find good ones translated/subbed in Germany. So... the only thing I bought a while back was the Anime to Ai No Kusabi 2012.

I would buy one but I don't have money...and I don't want to risk the possibility of getting caught, I'm not great at hiding things. I'm okay with how things are going with reading my yaois online.

I own one book that luckily has not been found because no one in my house goes near the book shelf except for me xD

it's not available in my country. but i would have bought a few if it was. just a few to show my grandchildren how cool i was in my youth

:cool:

I would but not even regular mange is sold on my tiny island and even if I could get them I would need to buy a titanium safe to store my precious treasures...life is sad.

I definitely buy my yaoi! Sometimes if I'm hesitant on buying a series (since I don't exactly have money to spend on so many yaoi mangas and novels) I'll look up scanlations to see if it's something I'm actually interested in. I only recently found akadot though (surprisingly enough) and I plan to buy more yaoi novels on the kindle too.

• 1 month later...

It's good to buy the actual books because if the books don't sell, the publishers won't let them come out with other titles. I occasionally download raw Japanese books but use them for sampling purposes only. I have a manga budget each month, which allows me to purchase 4-6 books (not just BL manga) a month, depending on the cost of each book. I order online from a Japanese bookstore that has reasonable shipping costs and SAL as a shipping method option.