Does Anyone Buy Yaoi?

Anessen

I would assume almost everyone reads scan-trons online or watch online (I do), but does anyone buy actual books or dvds? I've never bought dvds, but I actually do buy shonen-ai and yaoi books often if they are at my friend's thrift shop or on akadot (Mostly work by Rize Shinba, Gravitation, and Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi). I found Junjou Romantica at one store, but I haven't had quite the guts to buy it since when I buy yaoi, either I get it online or I buy it from the thrift shop my friend works at. XD

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anessen

• kihi

• Xenres

• Kurai Hoshi

I dislike reading online (I hate the scrolling up and down and waiting for the page to load) so I prefer having an actual copy of what I read, so yes, I do buy yaoi manga. Either from an online store, on manga conventions or second hand from other people who offer it on a sale topic. I don't have much yaoi dvds - I have Gravitation, Okane ga nai and Sukisho.

I also have yaoi novels and boy love books ^^

Of course that all leads to me barely having any space to put them away properly @_@

I dislike reading online (I hate the scrolling up and down and waiting for the page to load) so I prefer having an actual copy of what I read, so yes, I do buy yaoi manga.

Same here, nothing better then a physical copy. I did try buying some for my kindle/ebook reader but it just does not have the same magic as a book.

I buy it as often as I can. I agree that reading online is nothing like holding a real book in your hand.. *gentle smile*

I don't buy yaoi. Sadly yaoi isn't in my budget. I buy manga maybe every now and then, but lately its something I have to cut back on.

I agree with everyone, it's just so nice to have a physical copy. 0.0

I don't buy yaoi. Sadly yaoi isn't in my budget. I buy manga maybe every now and then, but lately its something I have to cut back on.

That's completely understandable. I had a roommate once who was complaining about not having money, but he was blowing his money on video games.

I've also been not spending a whole lot on any kind of entertainment lately, my truck keeps sucking up all my cash. -.-

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
Heh, my rent keeps sucking up mine. With the addition with me getting less hours at work now ;(

no but I agree having a physical copy of a manga is the best. I'd love to get Crimson Spell though~

Heh, my rent keeps sucking up mine. With the addition with me getting less hours at work now ;(

no but I agree having a physical copy of a manga is the best. I'd love to get Crimson Spell though~

Ugh, rent. One of man's greatest foes. Why have they been cutting hours on you?

i have always thought of buying the books its so much better than reading it online -.- with all the scrolling and waiting for pages to load >.

But i can say with honor I made my first purchase in Amazon and my Junjou Romantica vol.1 should be getting here soon ^///^

Jealous..jealous.. i don't know any bookstore in my location that sells yaoi-books..and finding manga books in here is already a rarity... i don't have the means to order online...(the downside of still being a student)..but if i can afford do so..i would definitely go and get my hands on Katekyo!

I envy those who can collect physical manga. I do collect whenever i have spare change but with the currency exchange + shipping it just too much to bare for me.

I don't have the guts to buy yaoi manga at store and they are not available in my country. so my only option is read them online. but I do buy yaoi anime dvds at store. it's hard to find.

I used to buy a lot of shounen-ai/yaoi books but since 2 years ago I had to stop, so I got rid of them all... no I didn't throw them away O.O that would be a sin.. but I stored them up somewhere no one would ever dare to enter >D hehehe

In my land it's easy to buy, but due to circumstances I was one of the unfortunate to be able to walk into such a store ''in peace'', so every time I had the need for a shounen/yaoi I had to get into my disguise mode.

But yes I rather have a book/dvd in my hands and supporting the writer instead of online reading.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Jealous..jealous.. i don't know any bookstore in my location that sells yaoi-books..and finding manga books in here is already a rarity... i don't have the means to order online...(the downside of still being a student)..but if i can afford do so..i would definitely go and get my hands on Katekyo!

Same here. *sighs*

• 1 month later...

hmm.. i really want to buy yaoi manga's but i haven't been able to.. there is not a single store here that sells that stuff.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

i've always wanted to buy my own but then i think it would too hard for me to keep it privately to myself cuz i do share a room with my sister so then it would be awkward to have it although i do believe that having the actual copy would be so much better than reading online but then reading online make it easier for me to keep it private! but i always wanted my own collection of manga books!! i always check out manga books at the library and obviously none of them would be yaoi although there are a few shounen ai. so i usually just read and watch yaoi online

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I like Shinba Rize too!

I buy for the following reasons:

-I get to have a physical copy of something amazing.

-It's another way to support the creators.

- In case of power outages, I have something to read! :D

Scanlations are mostly serve as my previews. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't get to know my favorite artists so a big big thanks from me to all the scanlation teams!

Have before. But it's a lot harder to buy in store when you don't live in a city. Because those stores don't exist here.

And postage to here is terrible so I just have to save up and plan for shopping trips to bigger cities^^

Until then I make my own ;)

~Megs

Have before. But it's a lot harder to buy in store when you don't live in a city. Because those stores don't exist here.

And postage to here is terrible so I just have to save up and plan for shopping trips to bigger cities^^

Until then I make my own ;)

~Megs

Quite like my case too though we have online shops here that has some yaoi but they don't have the titles I'm looking for.

You make your own comics? :D I want to see.

There are no stores selling yaoi locally here, sadly. With the shipping and the exchange rate it's out of my budget to buy hard copy at the moment. I have to read online and download free stuff when I can.