Misunderstood (KiraMidnightxFreakyfeline)

freakyfeline

Naruto tilted his head and smiled,and as if reading Sai's mind he spoke,in a truthful and serious tone

"You aren't his replacement anymore...truly you weren't to begin with...you may have replaced his spot in our team,but you and he are diffrent,which makes you a more valuable friend then he..."

Naruto felt a bit surprised at his own words,but he knew they were true

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• freakyfeline

• KiraMidnight

Sai looked at him a little puzzled but he didn't speak a word. He didn't quite understand what Naruto was trying to say, there was so much he still needed to understand about these weird concepts of friendship, everything was still alien to him, but with out knowing his words made him happy.

Naruto smiled at Sai, able to see that Sai understood what his words meant and that alone made him so happy.He could tell that Sai was happy...amd just seeing that made him think that Sai was finally starting to graps the ideals of friendship and that he began understanding what Naruto and Sasuke had in commen...that unbreakable bond...

'you are staring me like that, what are you thinking?' Sai interrupted Naruto's thoughts as he realized that boy seemed to be lost in pondering to himself.

Naruto blinked in amazement and slightly smiled.

"Oh...just thinking about how you seem to be understanding things better...and with how you act...maybe we can form a bond as tight...or maybe tighter then my bond with him.....that's my hopes..."

'How you can do that? are there books to teach you to do it?' Sai seemed to be genuinely interested in his friend's words. There was some relief of the prospect that he is considered to be important as that rogue named Sasuke.

Naruto kind of laughed a bit at Sai's cute question.

"Maybe you can learn from a book,but it's better to just learn on your own,it gives you that sence that you did something on your own without the help of others,even a book.If you and I hang out more you and I can make an unbreakable bond together!"

Naruto could tell that chances are Sai would make a better friend then Sasuke...but that still kind of hurt a little

'I think I can understand better, though I never thought there were things so complicated than performing missions and learning the skills and refining ninjitsu' though the old life seemed so far away, it is still indoctrinated in him, yet still he hungered for knowledge. 'So what are we going to do now?

As Naruto thought about Sai's question he smiled a bit

"Well,why don't you choose what we do next?I chose the last 2 it's your turn Sai."

This gave Naruto a chance to see what Sai liked and what he didn't...he wanted to learn more and more about Sai,so he wasn't so confusing to him anymore

Naruto followed smiling happily.It had been awhile since he had been to the hotsprings so this would be enjoyable,it was even better tat he could go there with a friend he trusted.

"You know what Sai...'ll admit...at first I didn't trust you...I kind of hated you cause I thought you were sent here to replace sasuke...ut I was wrong back then...nd now I trust youand count you as a good friend...so sorry fo how I acted twords you before..."

• 2 weeks later...

' I wasn't offended of the fact that I somewhat was replacing him' he said with a pause ' I didn't even care that you hated me or didn't trust me' things seemed so much simpler back than, following orders with out question, no fuss no muss. It was just when he started to hang out with the blond ninja and the girl that he started looking at things very differently, yet still he didn't know how to react. 'It's alright' he answered 'though it's fun to make you angry' he spoke truthfully, he still had retained that old Sai in him.

Naruto slightly laughed

"Yea, I guess I could see how that would be fun."

Naruto rubbed the back of his head smiling

"But it is also fun to watch you when you draw..."

His eyes shot wide in surprise 'really? why?' He did have a strange sensation that someone was watching over him whenever he pulls out his paper and pen and draws, so was it him all along?

'would you want me to draw you?' he said 'maybe after we hit the springs, I actually rarely ever draw people but I can give it a try' . They arrived to a local hotspring it was a local tourist area of the village. There were many people walking by, most of them come from other villages like them, while the locals trying to sell their services, be it in restaurants or takoyaki stalls. There was a line of people in front of the hot spring resource.

'yea well we can plan ahead for your portrait sitting, how would you want me to draw you like for example...naked? (I'm sorry if it sounds off but it was too tempting XD). Though his downright request was humbly innocent, he was curious in drawing the human body as it is, but he never had anyone who would pose as a model for him , he thought might as well give it a shot, and ask Naruto.

For a moment Naruto thought of punching Sai, but looking in his eyes he realized he didn't mean it in a negative way so he decided to swallow his pride and smile

"Yea, sure. As long as no one else sees it then that's ok!"

He felt a bit shy and a light blush line appeared across his cheeks

(No problem XD)

'why not?' he said cocking his head 'are you embarrassed about your family jewels?' he said with a straightforward face. Some people gave them curious looks.

Naruto quickly turned red and shook his head. "N-no!!! It's nothing like that!!" He slightly rubbed his head with embarassed. "I'm just shy...about my looks.....sorry...j-just don't let anyone see it...keep it to your self....as a secret or something...please Sai!?"

Naruto smiled and looked at Sai

"Would you like to stay the night Sai? And um...if you want to show it around...I suppose you can..."

Naruto spoke quietly and a bit shyly