• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rei

• CapturingDarkness

• Foxsbunny

• YaoiLoverfangurl19

• 3 weeks later...

Weird...I extracted the files together and mounted it on Daemon Tools but nothing pops up. I was able to download Silver Chaos but not the Silver Chaos Fanbox EF. Please help!

I followed the same thing as the guide video but it's not in English, but Japanese. I already mounted the image in Daemon Tools and was able to install it but there was no other folder to make the full installation.

Also I had to Patch this folder for Silver Chaos Fanbox EF

but it said I need to full installation. How do I do it? ;o

• 2 weeks later...

@ Yaoi of Insanity

The guide isn't for this game, so in the beginning of the installation, instead of choosing the 2nd option from the drop-down, choose the first one and then apply the patch. :)

My god TT_TT I can not install the game, because i do not find ani installation .exe TT_TT

I also seen this: n%25C3%25A9vtelen.bmp

What shoul I do? I've downloaded it 3 times ad it does not works. Help me onegai T_T

I'm having a similar problem... I can run the fanbox without the patch, but after patching, I get the Mainsystem.exe error. I've downloaded, installed and played the original Silver Chaos, and I've had to remove open.avi to play it, so I understand what I'm supposed to do... But as for the fanbox, I'm not sure what's going on. I can't find open.avi there.

It's running on compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3), I run it as administrator, and still, Mainsystem.exe. Am I missing something, here? I'm using Windows 7, if that helps.

------------

Edit: It works now. For some reason, having the patch in your "downloads" folder instead of the folder where you installed the fanbox makes a difference. The patch has to be in the Silver Chaos Fanbox folder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}

@18

I've only recently downloaded Silver Chaos Eternal Fantasia (yeah, I know...) and got the same issue as well after patching the english translation. After several hours spent looking for options and even tinkering with the avi file deletion and region change to Japanese, I found a solution. I don't know though if I'm allowed so please admin, just delete this post if it isn't. Thanks. :)

What I did is, after patching the game, right click the link in the desktop to the game and choose properties. In the compatibility tab, I clicked the check box stating "disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

Mind you, I expected to get the mainsystem.exe error again but to my surprise, the game actually started! And it's patched in english successfully!

Upon deeper inspection, if you click the option to run it in 256 colours, it works as well but the resulting colours in the game are less desired...

I did not chose to run it as admin nor did I hit the compatibility option to windows xp or anything other.

I hope this may help whoever experienced the same issue. :)

Btw, I'm running on Windows 7 (32 bit I believe but the seller told me it was 64bit (Hmph!).

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am already stuck at the downloading part, I downloaded it at an other site cause the one you gave didnt work for me at least, no seeders and stuff. But then i use zipgenius to unpack it all and there it goes wrong. I can unpack the patch but the files itself i can't. Zipgenius says that it is not a valid rar file. So what do I do now..?