I'm getting too old for this

KoBu

Myles hummed softly before looking to his phone. He clicks his teeth and moves to get up, " Stay here a moment. I'm gonna run up and get him." He grumbles. 

Taking out the spare key as he runs up the stairs, Myles grumbles and readies himself to drag his coworker down for work. 

A few minutes pass, and Myles is back down again, Darrius half dressed and hair still dripping from his shower and being held under the elders arm like a sack of potatoes. 

After very unceremoniously tossing Darrius into his back seat, Myles hopped back in the front and started for the office, Darrius very much griping at him the whole way. 

"I didn;t make either of you drink yourself into a coma knowing full well you had work the next morning." Myles argued gently. "Yea well you could've texted or called me first!!" 

" I did text you and you and I both know you don't answer your phone n the morning because you have it on vibrate so as not to get late night calls." Myles countered easily. Darrius opened his mouth to retort. Myles started first before he could answer, " Annnnd I left you a note on both your nightstand AND your bathroom mirror so it's ot like you didn't know I wasn't gonna be by this morning. ANNNND I even texted you when I first woke up so as to give you plenty of time to check your phone ...." He smirks into the rearview mirror at Darrius who proceeds to finish dressing and pout the rest of the ride to work.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• KoBu

Sitting in the car Yukie watched as Myles left a bit of an ache in his heart at the thought of him leaving so soon. Blushing softly Yukie shook his head more amused then annoyed at his feelings. Watching the two come back Yukie raised a brow as Myles’s started bickering with Darrius like an old married couple would. Listening to Myles instantly shut down Darrius with a full argument Yukie only snickered before looking away. “We know who wears the pants now~” Yukie mumbled as he sat with a small smirk on his face before checking his messages on his phone. Once they arrived at their work Yukie looked up only to freeze at the sight of a very terrifying man standing in front of the building with a scowl on his face. “Ah…he was serious on his threat.” Yukie mumbled with a small sigh before working up a smile that listeally said don’t murder me as he waved at Yuen as they passed to park.

(Yuen)

spacer.pngspacer.png

Myles saw the man. He saw how Yukie seemed uncomfortable while they made their way to the entrance. Upon hearing Yukie mumble about a threat, that told Myles one of two things, one, Yukie gave his number to one of those drunks from last night and somehow tracked him down to his workplace which Myles was not looking for to taking care of, but would regardless. Or two) this was the infamously overprotective Yuen, and with that wave that Yukie gave, Myles bet on the ladder. 

He whispers to Yukie as subtly as he can, " Do you need me to step in and take the fall?? Tell him you were taking of me all night and you weren't able to get to your phone all night??" 

Myles stepped forward first from the trio. " Good morning, Sir unfortunetly, we're not open to the public and we don't start taking in appointments till eleven, I can take a message for you?" He asks, friendly if tired smile in place, holding out his hand to shake in greeting. 

“No use Yuen can see through my lies” Yukie replied with a sigh as he followed Myles. Seeing Myles step forward Yuen listened patiently watching the three as if trying to see why Yukie was with them. 

“I’m here on private business that could have been taken care of last night.” Yuen replied as he shot daggers at Yukie who waved a small hello. “Your manuscript is late….very late.” Yuen added his voice cold as he frowned at Yukie who awkwardly looked away from his older brothers scolding gaze.

”I was going to send it to you so you could take your time moving out here.” Yukie explained as he fumbled around for a better excuse.

”you haven’t even started it and by the looks you’ve been busy with partying instead of working.” Yuen added as he looked at Myles before grabbing Yukies arm. “Don’t even think about doing anything with him.” Yuen hissed at Myles as he stood over Yukie being overly protective the act alone making Yukies face burn red as he tried to protest that Yuen had the wrong idea.

”Yuen.” Yukie replied with a frown as he looked at his elder brother his face burning. “There’s nothing between us. I went out drinking…” Yukie mumbled wishing he could melt into the floor.

”Of course you did…..” Yuen added with a huff as he let Yukie go.

“Myles let me crash at his place. I couldn’t remember the address.” Yukie explained not meeting his brothers eyes afraid to see his disappointment.

“Your the reason I’m getting grey hairs….” Yuen grumbled as he rubbed his eyes. “Just…get your work done. I want your manuscript done by tonight.” Yuen added as he looked at Myles again not knowing how to thank him for looking out for Yukie. “If you can do that, you should invite them over to visit I’ll have Yue make dinner.” Yuen mumbled slightly glad Yukie was making friends but well he couldn’t help but worry he would get into trouble again.

Myles stepped in again, voice a little firm and stern. 

" Listen Sir. Number one I have no intentions with your brother. I'm a good ten years older than him. Number 2, don't be mad at him for going out to party. I--"

" WE invited him out for the night. Kinda like a way to say hey welcome to the office! Granted Yu-yu and I went a little overboard but My was there to take care of both of us and get us home!" Darrius spoke up as well, looking a little put out by this other guy. Then he scoffs. " Besides even if he and Yukie WERE the same age, you couldn't convince Myles to do anything anyway! He's an old ass man in a young body, trust me I've tried" Myles whips a glare with his face beat red. " DARRIUS!! Not the time!!" The younger worker snickered, not looking at all sorry while Myles took a deep breath, before looking back to Yuen. 

" Listen, I get you want to keep him protected and be sure he's keeping his focus on his work. I get that I do, but we just went out for one night of fun and yes it went too far so for what's worth my apologize. Would you like to come inside and I can make us all some coffee and we can sit in and get to know each other better till the rest of the crew gets in? You have to come in for private business anyway right?? Safe for me to assume you're speaking to the big boss man then?" Myles offers as he takes out a set of keys, going to unlock the door.

“I’m fine with a night of fun, but I’m sure you found out exactly why I worry last night. This brat is a lightweight and way to trusting to be left to his own devices” Yuen replied as Yukie blushed even more red. “Honestly if it wasn’t you who took him home who knows what kind of man would have taken him.” Yuen added in an angry huff as he followed Myles towards the door. At the mention of coffee Yuen raised a brow. “Coffee sounds great, I could use it after unpacking by myself all night.” Yuen added his dig at Yukie who was suppose to unpack days ago before he started work.

Walking off to where their coffee was Yuen sat in a chair beside Yukie. Looking at the older man Yuen studied Myles for a moment before speaking. “Is Yukie doing good here?” Yuen asked softly his worry genuine that Yukie was just going through the motions to make Yuen happy. “I mean I know he’s only worked here one day but, he’s made a few friends…” Yuen added looking at Yukie who blushed.

”Myles is my boss nothing more.” Yukie mumbled as he looked over his work from yesterday wanting to have it check after he looked over his color scans for the project. “Give me a week of missing deadlines and you’ll see just how much he adores and loves me. I bet by my sixth month here I’ll have given him a nice grey streak.” Yukie added with a smirk as he looked at Yuen who sighed at Yukies cheekiness.

• 1 month later...

Myles scurried about, fiddling with the coffee pot and setting up a group of mugs for everybody, flavored syrups for Darrius, when he hears Yuen asking questions, Myles smiles fondly. "He's only been in the office for a day. Darrius I'm sure is an easy friend and as he told you I'm only his superior, but I have a feeling Yukie will make plenty of friends in the building." 

Hearing Yukie's jab about his hair, the elder chuckled, " I wish you luck. Being a redhead gives me the luck of having this cursed hair color. If Darrius hasn't made me gray yet, I highly doubt you will." 

Myles spent a moment to set up the creamer and sugars for everyone, and handing a grabby Darrius his syrups before going back to the coffee maker and preparing everyone's mugs and setting them all down for everybody. 

" The next time we all go out drinking, why don't you join us? It'd be nice to have one sober person to talk with, and maybe even have another driver for Yukie instead of playing twenty questions to try and figure out where he lives." Myles joked, sipping at his own coffee. 

“I’ll take you up on that. My brother can be a lot to handle I’m sorry you where at his mercy.” Yuen replied with a sigh feeling bad that Myles had taken care of Yukie. “Honestly that idiot wouldn’t even remember his own name if it hadn’t written it on his hand as a kid” Yuen teased making Yukie blush red as he sipped his drink.

”I’m perfectly fine taking care of myself.” Yukie grumbled with a huff as Yuen chuckled and nudged Yukie playfully.

“Sure just like how you got home last night?” Yuen pointed out giving the poor man hell.

”shouldn’t you you know be back home with your new lover?” Yukie asked with a small annoyed brow twitch. “Doesn’t seem fair to make Yue do all the unpacking” Yukie added as he got a hair ruffle from Yuen.

”don’t worry about Yue he knew what he signed up for moving with us” Yuen added as he looked through his bag and set down his papers for Yukie to work on on his lunch break.

• 1 month later...

Darrius looka over spotting the papers, "Oooohhhhhhh~ what's all that??" He asks making to reach for them before Myles puts another syrup in front of his grabby hands.

"None of your business unless he asks other wise." He states firmly raising a brow and finally sitting down with the group, passing the morning in quiet, listening to the hushed yammering of the others. 

"So you say there's another member that's moved with you? Is this another brother I'm assuming?" Myles asked, doing his best to make polite conversation, and keeping Darrius from poking his nose where it ought not to be. 

"Yea! Is he cuuuute?" Said coworker asks, placing his cheeks hands, already settling in for some gossip. Myles rolls his eyes, sipping his coffee. He knew it shouldn't be long until their boss walked in and the work day would begin. 

“Mmh… he’s Yuens husband his name is Yue. He’s an author.” Yukie explained as he looked over his papers a slight scowl on his face as he checked over his manuscript before work started. The manuscript was a nice side work that brought in a good amount of money. Between Yue and Yukie they published around four graphic novels every month that went on sale online via digital and physical copies. “He’s quite nice. He painted my room when I moved in with them. My other brothers stayed back home with their wives Yue and Yuen moved with me for work and are the only ones I feel that really understand me.” Yukie explained even more as he sighed and pulled out some supplies from his bag.

Pulling out a new sheet of paper he got to work drawing a very erotic pre sex scene between to male lovers. Sketching out the scene he stopped at the mention of if Yue. “He’s not my type but I can see the appeal. He works out and use to model before settling down. I see him more as a brother figure though. “ Yukie admitted as he moved to an even more erotic scene not even phased by drawing such things around his co workers before work. Looking on the page Yukie was working Yuen took up a pencil and started correcting a different manuscript Yukie had worked on that was in the finalized stages for publishing. 

“This one’s good we can do full color if you want to digitalize it on your breaks. Or you can take a few hours at home..unless your planning on going out again?” Yuen asked softly a small chuckle escaping his lips as he continued to read the script.

Myles watched Yukie pulled out his supplies, curiosity taking him, the elder leaned over when--

"OH HELLLOOOOOOO~!" Darrius squeals out immediately crowding into Yukie's personal space, causing the papers to fly off and away. Myles caught what he could, "Darrius! Settle down there's no need to--" Myles stopped mid scolding when he caught sight of what was drawn on those pages. 

The elder worker just ..... Stared at it. It was like his brain couldn't quite comprehend what his eyes were seeing. 

"... Mymy?" Darrius asked carefully, looking to Yukie "I think you broke him" 

After a few beats, the group could see Myles slowly start to turn as red as the hair on his head. He very slowly put the papers back on the table, sliding them over to Yukie. 

Darrius, deciding to take the lead, "So ..... You get paid to draw erotic sex scenes.... Does it pay well?"

"DARRIUS!!" Myles wanted to hide with how badly his voice cracked

"What?!? It's an honest question!! Do you need models for poses at all!?!"

"Darrius oh my god! I'm so sorry but I thi k it's high time the two of us get to work... NOW!" Myles grabs his younger co-worker to drag him to the main offices. Darrius yelling out "IF YOU WANT A PAIR OF MODELS YOU CALL ME AND I'LL TALK THIS OLD MAN INTO IT!!" 

"No you will not!!" 

All that was heard was the pair grumbling back and forth, Darrius very much like a school girl gossiping and Myles trying to keep the other on task! 

Meanwhile, Myles is off in his own world just-- dumbfounded. Now make no mistake it wasn't the fact of Yukie drawing .... Smut that had poor Myles flustered. No not at all, he's never been one to judge what other people do in their spare time or what they did for money. By all means get that bread, make that money! 

The older worker was just in shock at both the detail and the confidence to not only do it in front NEW COWORKERS. And then Darrius!! Good lord the kid was gonna kill him with a heart attack. Asking to be a model?! And then trying to get HIM INVOLVED!?!? 

Myles hasn't had a partner in .... Quite a few years. So he's not exactly .....'practiced'. But admittedly .... The images brought up some memories from his younger, wild years' as Myles affectionately calls them. When he DID pull off some those positions. He groans and smacks his head down on his desk. 

'Shit...'

“That’s usually the first response when people see me working on it. It’s weird how they just shut down” Yukie admitted as he looked at Darrius glad he liked what he saw. Chuckling at Darrius’s question on pay Yukie smirked. “Its paying well, let’s just say I make about what a surgeon makes yearly for the four books I make monthly. Any extra comes from commissions and those who want their partners drawn or painted” Yukie explained as he set down his tools amused by how bold Darrius was with his questions. While Yukie wouldn’t ever admit it…it was rather refreshing not having others beat around the bush with what they want. At the offer of modeling Yukie raised a brow as he looked at the two.

”you could use some models, if you can give us your going rate we will pay you well. We haven’t been able to find models yet and well there are issues helping Yukie with that.” Yuen teased as he looked up from his papers at the two flustered men who where leaving. “Have to say I like those two. You should invite them over for dinner in a few days.” Yuen mumbled as he helped Yukie gather his work so he could start his projects. 

“I’ll extend the invite. And I’ll be home. I still need to do color.” Yukie admitted as he put his work in his bag and with a hug left for his office. After having worked for a bit Yukie peeked over at Myles who’s head was down. “You okay?” Yukie asked softly as he smiled at Myles. “Need a coffee break?” Yukie offered feeling bad Myles might have been exhausted by his intrusion on his bed last night.

Myles looked up at Yukie, offering a tired smile of his own. "Honestly that sounds great right about now." Pushing himself up and away, the elder walked them both to the break room. 

'Fucken hell this is awkward.... I just up and bolted from the kid this morning....'

"You uh..... You aren't upset .... From this morning right? I-I know I just ... Ran from ya after I saw um ... Y-ya know those pictures-- wh-which great work by the way!! Stunning even! I was uh .... I w-was just-- fucken shit this is stupid isn't?!" Myles had finally lost his composure. He didn't know whether to apologize or ask how the other started working in the industry!! 

"L-look I have no qualms about what you do in your own time. We're all gotta make money some how and you've got a talent for it! So good on you for finding it so young! It ju-just .... Brought back some old memories is all and I didn't know ... How to let it process....." Myles grumbled, rubbing the nack of his neck feeling like an idiot, a virgin teen spotting his best friends skin mags. Red faced, he looks at Yukie:

"This ... Isn't making any sense is it?" 

“You don’t need to explain. I mean it’s a shock and well, to be honest it was a more mild scene. My other one that I’m coloring is a full out bondage master and slave.” Yukie mumbled as he tried to lighten the atmosphere not really use to having such open coworkers that acknowledged his existence. “Honestly, Yuen said I couldn’t be a stripper anymore after my last drug out week…said this was a healthier option to learn how to cope and that choice he could also keep track of me and such.” Yukie admitted as he made a pot of fresh coffee a small hint of annoyance in his voice at being on such a tight leash. “Don’t worry. I’m not offended by your reaction, it’s refreshing seeing actual responses it’s not the same as reading comments online about how people liked it. It’s nice seeing that kind of reaction in person it was adorable” Yukie mumbled his face a little pink as he confessed his delight at Myles expressions, while he grabbed clean mugs.

“I started it in my late teens before I got married as just a fun little experience. It was just a fun hobby but it made a good amount of side money and gave me a security egg in case I needed an out after I got married. Didn’t think I would still be doing now, but you know….never hurts to have an exit job, or you know a safety net.” Yukie admitted thinking back to his ex who had all but destroyed him working in the industry back home. “You ever actually model?” Yukie asked gently changing the conversation not wanting to embarrass Myles or dig more into his fragile past. Yukie was curious if Myles had any experience under his belt.

• 2 months later...

Myles chuckled dryly "Yea but not willingly. My mother thought it'd be cute to get me into child acting and modeling as a kid. My hair was uh..." He pulls at a loose strand with a bit of mirth "Pretty eye catching back in the day..." 

Myles leans against the counter, "I know you haven't been in the states very long but if you go to a convenience store and look in the candy and snack cakes aisle, and you happened to spot a pack of cookies with a red headed kid on it ... Yea that was me ." 

Myles, feeling awkward, started stirring the conversation in another direction. "So you're married as well?" 

“Awe how cute. I’ve always adored red hair like yours.” Yukie admitted with a smirk as he looked at Myles admiring the man’s beauty. When the question of him being married came up Yukie sighed and shrugged. “I was. It ended poorly. Still kinda dealing with the whole thing even after a year of ending it. Yuen never liked him so he was thrilled when I moved back home I think.” Yukie explained as he sipped his coffee. “It was a work marriage for two companies, though I had known my ex since high school didn’t think it would end the way it did. I never thought I would leave home and run away for my own safety” Yukie added as he looked in his drink his ex having been rather violent and cruel and in the end it had tanked his mental health and caused Yuen to move them far enough away.

• 2 weeks later...

"Really? Do they still do that these days?" Myles had heard of marriages for convience, and he's well aware of say royal families in other countries having arranged marriages, but companies? He thought that had died out decades ago... But it wasn't his business, so he'll let it drop for now. 

"Aw well, I'm sorry it didn't work out but on the other hand I'm glad tou had the courage and strength to leave.... Not many people can these days ... " Myles commented with a smile, placing his hand on Yukie's in hopes of offering comfort and affection. "Just try and take it day by day and you know who to call if there's any trouble." 

Myles looked over at the clock, his lunch break was set to start soon. "I'm heading out for lunch in a few, do you have your lunch soon as well? You can come with me and I can show you a Thai place I like to eat at. The staff is very sweet and the owner's actual our boss' old neighbor..." He offers. "Just don't tell Darrius he'll never let me hear the end of it..."

“Mmh not really but my fathers company was all we had left of him annd we couldn’t see it fail… and out of my siblings I was a better fit and around my exs age.” Yukie replied with a small chuckle as he took a sip of his coffee only to raise a brow at the comment Myles made about him leaving. “I wasn’t brave. We foolishly engaged right out of high school and married a month after the announcement. It took me five years before I finally left. If I was brave I would have left him at the first raised fist.” Yukie mumbled as he sighed and set down his drink. “But, what’s past is past, no need to dwell on it or cry about it I enjoy my work here and feel happier.” Yukie replied with a smile as he pushed his feelings away knowing it was best to just move forward. Blushing a little at the fact he could call Myles if he needed help made Yukie mumbled a thanks awkwardly. “I would love to join you.” Yukie added with a happy smile as he cleaned up his items and took them to his work desk. Coming back Yukie was eager to go “so…what else don’t you tell your secret lover?” Yukie asked joking about not telling Darius.

• 4 weeks later...

Myles had to chuckle. "I'm flattered you think I'd have a secret lover, but there's plenty I don't tell him.... But only because it's just never been brought up. I guess you'll just have to ask and find out for yourself." 

A brisk walk to the restaurant, and Myles was settling them both down near the back out of the way at a small table for one or two people. " Hope you don't mind sitting more towards the back. They'll be getting a lunch rush soon and I'm.... Not much of a people person." Myles asked a little nervous. Most people would prefer the seats by the wide windows or anywhere more towards the front. 

He takes a quick glance of the menu already knowing fully he'll be ordering his usual. "Have you eaten Thai food before? Do you want any help with the menu?" 

“Well that makes two of us. I always found meeting people at the soonest events to be dreadful. Dressing up and introducing to all the sponsors and the people who we worked for was hell to endure. Honestly if I could have my way,  I’d be cozied up drawing or with a good book and just send in my manuscripts.” Yukie admitted as he settled down into his seat grateful that they weren’t surrounded by so many people. “Course though if I had gone that route I wouldn’t have met you and I wouldn’t be having this much fun.” Yukie added as he looked at the menu listening to Myles ask him if he had eaten Thai food before. “Yuens husband tried making it once, it didn’t look anything like this….I don’t think I’ve tried it though unless you count the frozen meal version.” Yukie admitted with a blush as he realized ge was slightly over sharing again about things that he was sure Myles could care less about.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Myles sat listening, a calm smile on his face. It was nice to let somebody else do the talking, to hear about something other than data input or client numbers. 

" No the frozen stuff isn't a replacement for the real deal but at least, you'll have a taste for it." He says with chuckle. "And at least your brother's husband is willing to try new things." 

The waiter passed over with their drinks, "So are you both ready to order or would you like a fee more minutes?" She was a bubbly girl, pen and paper ready. She looks to the older man with a coy smile, "Of course, Mr. Myles, you'll have your usual? Pad Krapow Moo Saap, some extra to go with some Lime iced tea?" 

Myles nods with a smile, "Yes thank you, but I'm not sure if my friend is ready just..." He looks over to Yuki, "If you need a little longer, boss man won't mind if we come back a few minutes late..." 

“He’s always trying some new recipe or dish. It’s interesting, his favorite thing to make lately is desserts.” Yukie admitted with a blush as he focused back at the menu slightly hiding his reddening face behind the papers. As the waitress appeared Yukie looked at Myles raising a brow at how often the man must eat here to be known by name and have his food memorized. As he was asked why he wanted Yukie looked at the waitress already flustered. “Umm…I don’t know really what’s good. I’ve not really eaten much of this stuff. Maybe something not spicy?” Yukie asked a little timid when it came to such social interactions since he rarely had ate out preferring to order takeout when he needed to eat.

"Ohhhh you should try the Tom Kha Kai!! It's a chicken coconut soup! That with a fresh iced tea, best combo if your just starting out!" the bubbly waitress rattled off before jotting down something on her notepad.

Myles nodded to her indicating to give them another minute, sending her to tend to her other customers. 

"If you prefer, we can split mine. I asked to tale extra to go once they've just kept it with my order ever since" Myles chuckles 

“I’ll take you up on that offer. I wouldn’t mind trying something new. Though, I have to admit I’m usually the type to just have all my food delivered. I can’t cook for the life of me…Yue Yuens husband has banned me from the kitchen after the last oven fire.” Yukie admitted with an awkward chuckle. “I’m not use to going out and eating since I work so much.” Yukie explained with a shrug as he looked over at Myles a little more. “What about you? Do you cook?” Yukie asked curiously as he was rather enjoying his time with Myles.