BFB (Private)

Viperscreed

Hope and Scarlett were decorating the large house, Hope was placing white and black balloons throughout the inside, and tie some to rocks to place outside, while Scarlett was setting out food and drinks. A 3OH!3 CD played in the background.

Outside, a woman with long red hair was setting up a grill in the backyard, next to the pool. On the other side of the pool, Jade and 4 other guys were drinking, smoking, and sound checking, speakers hooked up to two guitars, one bass, a microphone, a keyboard, and a drumset. It was about 7:30pm, and several tiki torches, Chinese lanterns, and Christmas lights were lit outside, to keep it bright. The pool lights were on, illuminating the bright blue rectangle.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Viperscreed

• Xianghua

Top Posters In This Topic

"Are you sure this isn't a bit early?" Exclusive asked his father as they drove up the street.

"Nonsense and if you are early you can help out." His father responded. "Is this it?"

Exclusive looked down at the address he had written down and then up at the house.

"Yeah I think it is." He said and his father parked in front of the house.

"I'll pick you up later okay." Exclusive's father said as Exclusive got out of the car.

"Okay, you and dad have fun." Exclusive replied, smiling back at his father. He shut the door and waved as his father pulled away.

The front door was propped open with a rock. Scarlett came out, to welcome Exclusive. She was wearing the black Monroe dress she had bought at Beau, with her curly brown hair in an updo, and her side bangs down, framing her oval face. She had cat eye makeup, with deep red lipstick, red pumps, and blak fishnets. "Glad you could make it," she smiled, leading Exclusive inside.

Hope was in the living room, opening a large package on the leather couch. She wore the short, cerulean dress, glass stilettos, with her short blonde bob teased, with glitter in it. She wore glittery light blue eye shadow, with light pink lipstick. With a closer look, you would see glitter all over her body. She had a knife, cutting the tape, and opening the cardboard box. There was a Chinese label on the side of the box.

"Those the fireworks?" Scarlett asked.

"Yup," Hope answered, smiling deviously.

A tall, beautiful blonde woman entered the room, dressed very classy, with a slight Rockabilly touch to it. "Hey Krystal," Hope said, looking up from the fireworks.

The woman, Krystal, smiled. "Is Jade here?" she asked.

"Out back," Hope said, gesturing her head towards the back screen door.

"Thanks," Krystal said with a smile, going into the backyard.

A dinging sound could be heard from the kitchen. "I should go take care of that," Scarlett said, scurrying to the kitchen.

"Exclusive, could you help me with these? They're damn heavy," Hope said, referring to the box of fireworks.

Hope took the other side, and grunted as they lifted it, taking it to the backyard, setting it on the patio. She wiped her hands on her dress. "Thanks," she said with a smile.

Jade was in the corner of the yard, wearing the outfit they had bought him, sitting on a speaker, tuning his bass. Krystal was sitting next to him, with her head on his shoulder, drinking a beer.

"That outfit does look dashing on him." Exclusive said, spotting Jade and feeling rather pleased with himself.

Jade said something inaudible to Krystal, who smiled, looking up at him and kissing his cheek.

"It definitely does," Hope said. "He needs to dress nice more often. I swear, he owns the largest collection of flannel shirts and skinny jeans in all of New York," she chuckled.

Hope smirked, when she heard voices coming from inside. She reentered the building, to see a group of young adults. She welcomed everyone, a few headed to the kitchen to get food or drinks, and a few headed outside. The redhead at the grill was making burgers and hotdogs.

Several more people entered, this time, seniors from Hope, Scarlett, and Exclusive's school. Hope and Scarlett greeted them, as they poured throughout the large house.

In the back, Jade and the other four guys all got set up with their instruments, Jade standing in front of the microphone, with his bass strapped around his neck. "Happy fuckin' New Years, everyone!" he said into the microphone, as the crowd in the backyard cheered.

"Hey sweet Eliza

Remember me

I'm a liar

But not a cheat, no...

I think it's safe to say

That I got carried away

Eliza, it's fooling anyone

Forgive me if I'm out of line

I can't control myself sometimes

I think I'm sick but I might be well

I think I'm broke but it's hard to tell

I think I feel like I've never felt for you

Hey sweet Cassandra

Remember me

You are no longer

The one I need, mmm...

I find it hard to tell

That I'm finally be an angel

And silence isn't fooling anyone

Forgive me if I'm out of line

I can't control myself sometimes

ooh-oooh-oooh

ooh-oooh-oooh

Forgive me if I'm out of line," he sung, plucking the bass, as the rest of the guys played their instruments. Several couples were dancing together in the yard. It was now about 8:15.

Exclusive found a chair and seated himself in it, he listened intently to Jade sing. A touch of envy settled in him as he watched the couples dance.

"People

They don't mean a thing to you

They move right through you

Just like your breath

But sometimes

I still think of you

And I just wanted to

Just wanted you to know

My old friend...

I swear I never meant for this

I never meant...

Don't look at me that way

It was an honest mistake

It was an honest mistake

An honest mistake

Sometimes

I forget I'm still awake

I fuck up and say these things out loud

My old friend...

I swear I never meant for this

I never meant...

It was an honest mistake

It was an honest mistake

An honest mistake

It was an honest mistake

It was an honest mistake

An honest mistake," Jade sung, as the band continued to play, until about 11pm. The crowd cheered loudly, as they band left their instruments. Krystal jumped into Jade's arms, kissing him passionately.

Exclussive clapped for the band and glanced at his watch.

'It's getting late.' He thaoght and checked his phone. There were no messages to indicate that his father was coming for him yet.

Jade pulled away from Krystal. "We need to talk," he said solemnly.

"Huh? Sure, babe," Krystal said with a smile, as Jade led her to the side of the house, unaware of how close and in hearing distance Exclusive was.

"Who's Bruce?" Jade asked, his voice was low and accusing.

"My brother, Jade, you know that," Krystal chuckled.

"Your black brother?" Jade questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"My half brother," Krystal said.

"Krystal, your parents have been married for like, 45 years, you don't have any half brothers," Jade said.

"Did I say half brother? I meant foster brother," Krystal said.

"Uh huh," Jade said, skeptically. "So, can you tell me why Scarlett has to come home to a voicemail, of some horny guy talking about, "shoving his big black dick in you, Krystal baby"?"

Krystal looked down, silent.

"I can't believe you," Jade said, glaring at the woman before him. "I loved you."

"Jade..." Krystal said silently. "I'm so sorry..."

Jade sighed, rubbing his forehead. "Just leave," he said.

"Jade, please--"

"Leave," Jade said sternly. "Don't come back. Ever."

Tears streamed down Krystal's face, as she quickly walked through the backyard, into the house, and out the front door, getting in her car, and driving off.

Jade sighed, returning to the main part of the backyard, grabbing a beer, and taking a seat next to Exclusive. "Jade... Did you talk to her?" Scarlett asked softly, approaching Jade.

Jade groaned. "Listen, right now, I'm relaxing, I'm getting black out drunk, and you're leaving me alone."

'Poor man.' Exclusive thaoght having witnessed the break up. Having just meet the man he didn't feel he had any place trying to comfort him.

Scarlett frowned. "Are you okay?" she asked softly.

"I'm fuckin' fine!" Jade snapped, annoyed.

"You don't deserve that, you know..." Scarlett said.

"Whether I do or don't, that isn't the point," Jade said.

Scarlett frowned again. Jade took a gulp of beer. "Jade, you can't keep doing this to yourself," she said. "You need to find a nice man or woman, and stop getting stuck in a relationship that was doomed from the start."

"I'm fine," Jade repeated, looking at the ground.

"That might work, Jade," Scarlett said.

"No, absolutely not," Jade said, sternly.

"It wouldn't hurt anything other than your pride to try," Scarlett said. "I don't think you're exactly in a proud position."

Jade shot her a look. "I said no," he said. "I don't need a relationship. I'll just go back to sex and drugs. It's easier that way, anyways."

Scarlett shook her head. "It's not easier," she said. "That's just you numbing yourself. You can't do that anymore." She turned to Exclusive. "Do you think that's very healthy? Just getting black out drunk and having sex with whatever moves, then passing out at a different place every night?"

"No, its not healthy, I colleague of mine used to be like that untill he ended up in the hospital and his family held an intervention." Exclusive said.

Scarlett glared at Jade. "And need I remind you and your one kidney what happened last time you binge drank?" she asked.

"It doesn't matter," Jade mumbled.

"Yes it does," Scarlett protested. "Just do the matchmaker thing, if it backfires, it's not like you have anything to lose anyways."

Jade mumbled something to himself. "Pessimist!" Scarlett yelled, smacking him in the back of the head.

"Whatever. I'm going to bed," Jade said, standing up and going inside.

Scarlett sighed.

"Bring him around tomarrow, we'll get him someone nice." Exclusive said, placing a reasurring hand on Scarlett's shoulder.

Scarlett smiled. "He really needs to find someone good for him... With horizons as broad as his, you'd think he would've met someone by now... He's 26, and he's never been in a relationship that last longer than 10 months."