Visitor (Clover and Arekushisu)

クローバー (Clover)

Summary: A human encounters a member of a rare elven tribe at a spring. The two of them are quick to befriend each other, and they seem to be on the way to a loving relationship; however, their separate cultures threaten to tear them away form each other. How will they deal with opponents of their union?

Characters:

Arekushisu's character:

640x738_7210_Fenris_2d_fan_art_male_portrait_elf_fantasy_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Name: Adrian Rodcliff

Age: Centuries old in elven time, about 20 years in human time

Bio: Adrian is the son of the leader of a great elvish tribe. It is one of the last five on the earth. He has two siblings yet he is the oldest of the three. He is next in line for the clan itself but he doesn't really want the succession. The clan is placed far back in the forest far from human contact and would like to stay that way. He is a silent man but tends to get ahead of himself when it comes to talking about the land and nature. His father hopes he can find a wife before he passed but Adrian isn't so keen on finding one just as he isn't with the inheritance. He helps around the clan hoping to make the locals happy but he likes to get away to a small spring far from the tribe closer to the humans. He isn't as afraid of them as others and wishes to speak with them.

Clover's character:

Gfjqtan.jpg

Name: Francis Kaufmann (answers to Frank or Frankie)

Bio: Francis is the eldest son of a famous wine merchant, Tyler Kaufmann. Patrons from the world over send orders for the wine created in the country of Raelichon's city-state of Qareus, which is thought to produce the finest wine available anywhere. Francis has two younger siblings, a brother named Isaac and a sister named Miranda. Of the three, he was most interested in fairy tales. He spent much of his time spinning fantastical tales of demons, warriors, and princesses to entertain his sister while his parents were out and about in the marketplace. During his secondary education, he became interested in the thought that the species he told his little sister of existed. Elves in particular interested him since from the stories he heard, elves were much like humans. However, nobody seemed to support him much since they all dismissed his interests as childish and temporary, something that one good long apprenticeship under his father could cure. Unfortunately, that didn't cure it. It just made the desire stronger. Every afternoon when his father would him go for the day, Francis would go off into the forest in search of other beings besides humans, hoping that one day, he'd meet a being from the stories of his childhood days.

Francis wiped the sweat off of his brow as he continued through the Ryoela Forest Grove. The terrain was irregular, slippery from humidity, and very much cast off from human society. However, it gave off an almost fantastical charm at this time of day, the beams of sunlight squeezing through the holes created by the leaves of the trees and making bright lights that made beautiful patterns when reflected off of the Great River that ran through it. Due to the humidity, Francis had removed his shirt and hooked it onto his belt so he wouldn't drench the garment in sweat. He looked around for a source of water, knowing that it wouldn't be long before he'd need it again.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arekushisu

• クローバー (Clover)

Adrian looked about him seeing the cool colors of the green around him. He had left the tribe that morning for a bath and made it to the spring later that day. For him it was an all day trek making it sort of a vacation from the family he wished he didn't have to go back to sometimes. He liked the small spring which he kept returning to once he had found earlier in his life. He had been in the water now for an hour soaking up the warm water that was still slightly cool. He ran his conifers through the water as the growing hair touched his shoulders. A soft sigh left his mouth before he stood the water hitting about mid-waist. He noticed there was no animals when only moments before birds were singing before. He l

- - - Updated - - -

((Omit the last part after the last sentence please!!! So sorry!!!))

((It's fine. Mobile devices are a blessing and a curse.))

After a while of trekking, he couldn't stand it anymore. The need for water was too great. He pressed on forward, looking for a spring to fill up his cantine. After a while he found a spring in a beautiful clearing. As far as he could see, nobody was around. Looking around, he filled up his cantine and took a deep swig of water from it before refilling it. Looking around again, he stared at the water almost longingly. Very quietly, he made his way behind a tree and slipped off his pants, utility belt, boots, and underwear, hanging his sweat-drenched garments on a tree branch before slowly making his way to the body of water. He slowly put his foot in, and the cooling sensation of the water overtook him almost immediately. He sunk the rest of his body in, feeling it cool off and letting out a soft sigh of relief.

Adrian laughed at himself and shook his head as he began to sing in the elvish tongue he was taught so many years ago. He had picked up English along the way as well as many other languages. He was now in water that showed off his back which sparkled in the light for the water droplets caught the sun and let them shine out. The white markings on his body still there, so many times of reapplying them making them almost permanent. He heard a faint splash and didn't think really anything of it as he thought it was another animal. His hair was almost dry now as he stepped almost out but the water still around him to wash his body. He began with his chest making his way with the bar of "soap," if you could even call it that. The muscles on his arms and chest weren't huge but they were larger than if he didn't have any. Even thought they weren't that noticeable they still showed strength. He looked over at his stuff seeing as half of the lake was still behind him he didn't know what had gotten into the water yet it weighed on his mind as he bathed.

Francis cringed as he heard an unfamiliar sound. Was this the tongue of the elves he told Miranda stories about? Was he not crazy after all? He walked farther out in the spring and looked around until he saw a pale-skinned being with markings all over his body and silvery hair. The figure couldn't be any older than he was. If only he could get closer to see if his ears were pointed... Carefully, he made his way to the other being, almost drawn in by his song as if he were a sailor allured by a siren song.

Adrian smiled softly his back to the thing that was making all the noise. He didn't falter in his song though as he still sang he felt the water move around his body dipping dangerously below his lower back. He didn't mind though he had nothing to be ashamed of by his body. He stopped singing a moment and turned his head to the side the familiar smell of a human filling his nose. "Hello." He said softly his eyes falling on the boy which walked to him. "May I help you?" He asked a small smile on his lips though his heart was beating fast. He had never talked directly to a human before and he hoped that his English was good enough that the other male could understand him and know Adrian meant him no harm.

Francis nearly jumped at the mysterious man when he turned around to address him. He took a quick look at his ears. Pointy, like little triangles. Just like those of an elf. His heart raced as he thought of how happy his sister would be to meet an elf in person.

"A-are you an elf?" he asked, a little nervous.

Adrian turned and faced the other boy taking in his shape and his face. "Why do you ask a question you already know the answer to?" He asked answering the boys question with another one of his own. He smiled softly to the boy hoping he came off friendly instead of hostile. He walked to the boy slowly a curious look on his face, "you're human no doubt. Why are you this far into the forest?" He asked looking the boy over. Seeing the male was small yet had muscles of his own Adrian looked around for other humans. He didn't see any and he didn't feel this one to be threatening his safety or that of the tribe.

"Well... You're not going to believe me when I say this, but I'm researching supernatural beings. You know, the ones in folklore that you hear in fairy tales, right?" Francis said. "Like dragons, fairies, elves, and just that which isn't human. I really want to know about the world outside our own."

He looked up and down the other man's body and gulped a little. His muscles were definitely there. Francis' own, however, could barely be seen, even with years of hiking. They were also almost at the same height, which added to this sense of unsettlement.

Adrian laughed and motioned for the other to follow him, "I don't mind helping you with questions. You already know I'm not human so why don't I enlighten you with answering some of your mysteries?" He said and walked onto the shore his body dripping water. He didn't care that the other could see everything, he simply walked to the pile of animal skin on the ground and slipped a pair of pants onto his body leaving his chest bare. He smiled back at the boy. "My name is Adrian. It's nice to meet you. Why don't you get dressed then we can chat here for some time?"

"Y-yeah..." Francis said, blushing. This guy was seriously built, no matter how he looked at him. He got out, dried himself off, and put on his pants and shirt. He was thankful that the shirt had dried out.

"I'm Francis." he said, leaning on the tree his clothes were hanging on.

Adrian sat on the ground watching the other male as he slipped on clothing. Adrian set out to reapply the markings he had all over him. He started with a paint mixture that he had brought from the tribe. It was berries and other fruits that gave it a white tent when dried out and then was soaked in water again. He used his fingers the only thing he could use for now and started painting them on his chest. "Hello, Francis. It's nice to meet you. I'm very sorry for the long walk you must have taken to get here. You seem tired and like you need a good nights sleep." He smiled softly. He was a kind man and was gentle too. "What is it that you wish to know? You ask me a question then I shall ask you one in return. Sound like a...deal?" He said struggling with the last word having had trouble finding which word to slip into that spot. He looked worried hoping he hadn't said something wrong. His English wasn't a hundred percent but it was good considering they lived away from all human contact.

"Yeah... I'm really tired." Francis said. "That soak in the springs was what I needed, though."

His eyes lit up a little at the proposal of this back-and-forth question-answer session.

"Sure, let's do that." Francis smiled. "Which of us shall start?"

Adrian laughed softly hearing the other was tired and he smiled. "I shall start if you don't mind. Are there other humans coming? More than just you?" He asked his company. He was worried for his tribe mates and his family that awaited him back at home. He shook his head before leaning back on his hands finally finished with the paint on his face not needing a mirror to do it anymore.

"No. I'm alone. Nobody would believe me when I said that I was looking for supernatural beings." Francis sighed. "They laughed at me behind my back, and showed me fake kindness when I turned to face them."

He took a sip from his cantine.

"Now that I've answered you, I guess I'll ask you a question. I want to know... Are you actually an elf or are you playing with me?" he looked completely serious as he asked the question.

Adrian smiled at the answer now not scared of the other male. When Francis asked the other question he laughed softly and moved to the other male. He pulled the boys hand into his own and lead it until Francis's fingers touched his ears. "Yes. I am an elf. A true blood at that. See? They are real. I noticed you looking at them when you first saw me. " he smiled leaning back some to see the boys eyes.

"W-wow..." Francis looked at Adrian in awe. "It's just like in the stories I told Miranda! They do exist after all! If you don't want me to show you to her, that's fine, though. I respect your species' desire for privacy."

Francis couldn't help but blush when he looked into Adrian's eyes. They looked so crystalline and pure. Like two brightly shining gems. His body was beautiful too, the markings on it looking like a work of art. His pale hair framed his face perfectly and looked really soft despite being messy. The experience was already looking to be something beyond his wildest dreams.

Adrian smiled softly nodding. "Yes thank you. We would like to stay hidden. Very few know of us and I hope you can be one as well. Now Francis will you tell me how long will you be staying up here?" He asked wondering if he needed to help the male with anything while he was staying with them. He felt like he could trust the big already but didn't let into the feeling knowing it was probably half from his mind playing tricks on him. Adrian liked what he saw with Francis the boy was small yet well built and when the wind flew through his blonde hair it made him look as tho he himself was a mystical creature.

"I'm not sure. Judging from the weather, it may be a while before I'm ready to trek back to the city. The heat is supposed to get worse in coming days, and even if it rains, the humidity from the aftermath will make going home very difficult." Francis said. "I'm hoping not to stay for too long if my kind is not welcome where you live."

He began to wonder what it would be like to live amongst elves, and conversely what it would be like for Adrian to live amongst humans. He knew that Miranda would definitely be happy to see him, but he wasn't sure about the rest of humanity, most of whom thought elves were sly thieves.

Adrian smiled softly, "I don't mind if you stay with me. Our living area has finally gotten to the homes like that of the humans. I am a scout for my father. He asks me to see how your life is progressing and how the technology is down there. Then I come back and show him how. They don't have electricity but they do well." He said and laughed softly and tilted his head. "I don't mind sharing my home with you. Long as my father doesn't see you it will be fine. It has one room...we will have to share it but I'm sure you can do the for Afew nights." He smiled and stood stretching his body out as he slipped the bow that was on the tree over his back.

"Your father? Does he not like humans?" Francis asked, suddenly becoming self-conscious. He really felt like he was trespassing on someone else's property now.

"I-If he wants me to go back, I can head back." he said.

"No no he just...he doesn't like certain humans. And if you're not staying long then it should be fine. I am an adult you know. It's my clan too." He smiled looking back at Francis. "I'm the heir to it all. So I have a say in who enters and who doesn't. Just promise me one thing. If I trust you with this...that you won't make me regret it." He said sternly all the smile and the carefree words he said before gone. He was serious now he liked this boy and he wouldn't leave him here all alone in the rain and heat.

"Really? You'll let me stay?" Francis looked up, hopeful. "Y-you won't regret this decision! I promise. Thank you so much!"

He smiled as the continued to walk, a soft pink blush forming over his face.

"Whose turn is it to ask a question? Is it yours?" Francis asked.

Adrian nodded and smiled again before he picked up the last of his things and he began the small hike home. "Yes I believe so. Francis how old are you?" He asked not looking at the male. He was wondering about the boy and before they got to the clan it might as well be beneficial to know more about the boys personal life as well as that of his work life.

"I'm 20." Francis said. "I'm considered of age in the city. What about you?"

He continued to walk, thinking about how frazzled his parents would be if they knew he was out with the elves. He had taken very long leaves of absence, and his father was very much accustomed to his frequent trips in the summer months, but Francis was still slightly worried that his father would be worried and look for him like he did for his first few outings.