Misunderstood (KiraMidnightxFreakyfeline)

freakyfeline

Sai was sitting on the branch of a tree, back when he was in the Root there was hardly any time for leisure but ever since he joined Team seven and things seemed to have cooled down, there was way too much spare time. He pulled out his paper and ink and started drawing

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• freakyfeline

• KiraMidnight

Naruto was enjoying a walk through the village and saw Sai.He smiled a bit and quickly jumped up on the tree branch.

"Hey Sai!!"

He sounded very excited as he said hi,and he had that cute yet goofy smile upon his face.His blue eyes were shining happily in the sunlight.

"What are you doing up here!?"

• 2 weeks later...

Sai gets lost into it when he was drawing,but Naruto's voice made him loose his concentration and jumped out of his skin. 'I am drawing' he replied giving him one of his usual 'fake' smiles

Naruto sighed a bit,bored.

"Do you wanna do something with me Sai?I'm very bored.....and Sakura doesn't want to talk to me....."

He looked down a bit,feeling sad and a bit down.But he quickly cheered up and got excited

"So,wanna play!?"

• 1 month later...

(OMG I am so sorry for taking so long to reply >..

He noticed how often he mentions Sakura though, he wondered if it was one of those 'relationships' he had been reading about. He tried to pick up the signs but he couldn't understand what made her so special in his eyes. Sai realized that he had been deep in his thoughts that he forgot to answer Naruto

'Aren't we a bit too old to play?'' he replied raising an eyebrow

• 5 weeks later...

Naruto looked at Sai,and slightly blinked in surprise. But then he sighed and just smiled.

"Maybe you think so,but not really.Ok then lets just train...is that better?I just wanna do something...anything really...or lets go have Ramen!"

Naruto tilted his head,awaiting Sai's answer,hopeing he would say yes to something

He sighed and jumped off from the branch, like a cat he landed on his feet with out even a sound. He felt his stomach gnarling so he decided to go with Naruto's idea 'Let's go then'

Naruto looked at Sai and smiled.

"By the sound of your tummy,you're hungry Sai!So lets go eat ramen and I'll pay for us both!"

Naruto jumped down with Sai,so happy that someone was gonna enjoy his favorite meal with him

'I guess so' Sai replied and Naruto to Ichiraku, there was a question pondering as they made their way to their destination ''Isn't having a meal with someone, and offering payment is considered as a date?' he had read it somewhere in one of those books he found at the bookshop.

Naruto walked to the Ramen shop and smiled even more as he ordered his first bowl.He looked at Sai,waiting to see what Sai was going to get,waiting to see what kind of Ramen Sai was into

"Thanks for coming with me Sai!"

'well..it's alright..' he muttered as he sat on the stool right next to him ' I don't know much about Ramen so I'll let you choose' he said, usually he was picky when it comes to choosing things, but for once he decided to let Naruto.

Naruto chose something for Sai to eat,something he hoped Sai would like.As he ate he couldn't help but to smile,he was so excited about having Sai eat with him

"So what were your plans for today Sai?"

'Back when I was in Root I would have probably been on a five days or even more missions, Danzo always assigned us to new missions and they seemed to never stop, but now that I'm in the team there isn't much to do..it's wierd' he said as he picked up his chopsticks and begun to eat. So this was it like to hang out with your friends- he thought to himself, he felt a little unsettled but he was liking it.

Naruto smiled very happily and he. continued eatting happily.

"Well,I understand that.....I get bored as well cause there arent many missons to do...but that's why i asked you to come out with me....so we had something to do"

He continued eatting happily

'Really Naruto, how can you deal with such a boring life?' Sai muttered, though sounded harsher than he really meant it, but he was still getting used to the shift from being a member of Root to a member of Team 7

Naruto smiled at Sai,and knew he didnt mean his words so harshly.

"Well,I don't really like it when I'm bored,so I'll eather beg Grandma to give me a mission or I'll try to find friends to hang out with..."

As he spoke he realized just how true that was but he didn'tvmind,he was just glad to have Sai there with him

- - - Updated - - -

Naruto smiled at Sai,and knew he didnt mean his words so harshly.

"Well,I don't really like it when I'm bored,so I'll eather beg Grandma to give me a mission or I'll try to find friends to hang out with..."

As he spoke he realized just how true that was but he didn'tvmind,he was just glad to have Sai there with him

'well looks like hanging out with friends is not so bad' he said as he ate the bowl of ramen. If Naruto hadn't good taste in anything, he had good taste in ramen he'd give him credit for that. 'I wish to learn more about what friends do together' he muttered.

Naruto finished his bowl and smiled happily,glad to see Sai trying hard to be friendly.

"Well,do you wanna get another bowl?Or did you wanna go for a walk?"

Naruto was definatally excited at the moment and he knew it showed very well

'One bowl was enough' Sai admittedly, but he didn't have the same appetite as Naruto, (especially over Ramen) but probably no one in the village did. 'Walk? that sounds like what you do with a date..' Said muttered openly as he eyed the boy. 'I'm not a date...'

Naruto tilted his head a bit confused at Sai's answer.

"What makes you think only people on dates can walk together? Friends do to!"

Though Sai's answer did make sence he wondered what made Sai think he couldn't be a date for someone

'alright' Sai muttered, maybe I had been reading too much of those books late - he thought to himself. 'so let's go' he got up from the stool, after a meal, he felt it was taught that it was a good habit to stretch and warm ones muscles.

Naruto streached as well, then he took Sai's hand and dashed out after paying for the food.

As he ran off they eventually came to a forest and Naruto smiled.

"Now, lets just walk around and maybe talk a bit...you seem pretty tence and uptight...maybe you just need a friend to talk to..."

Naruto could tell...just by the way Sai spoke that he was feeling something...and if it was lonelyness then he could agree with him...

'Okay' Sai meekly replied as he walked alongside the blond haired boy. 'Uptight? he muttered as he raised an eyebrow and looking curious at him him.

Naruto smiled a bit, relaxing around Sai as they walked.

"Well...you just seem more quite and down then usual...I get worried about you Sai...you are my friend..."

'I am?' Sai asked honestly, since he had joined the team he always had been just a replacement of Sasuke. He didn't really care much about it, since he had his own agenda but things were different now. Sai couldn't help but feel a little glad, even though he might not fully understand the situation. He tried to search in his mind with how to answer him '..um...thank you..'