Promoting social networking sites and a goodbye sub-category

yojichan

Hello!

I was going through the General Talk and I encountered several posts of users promoting their profile pages from other sites like twitter, myspace and blogs, etc.

I was wondering if these posts can all be directed into a sub-category under the Introductions so everyone/anyone can just post it there so it is easy for everyone to be connected other than YO.

The Goodbye sub-category may also fall under the Introductions. This is mainly for posts from members who have decided to bid farewell to the forums or those who are on a long hiatus or will be leaving for short periods of time. This way posts of this nature from the General Talk can be moved here.

The main goal of these sub-categories is for members to be more connected to each other.

Thank you very much for reading this. :)

• Like 9

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Key

• yojichan

• Sloan

Top Posters In This Topic

When creating the introduction thread users can add their Twitter, Facebook or whatever social networking account, not other types of links, because it's considered as advertising. We don't need a bunch of introduction threads made just on the purpose of advertising other sites because it would be equal to spamming.

Also, the farewell should be made in the same Introduction thread the user opened when registering on the forums.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

@YOJICHAN

I totally get where you're coming from! Indeed it's a neat idea to have Goodbye sub-category. I think if you say goodbye in your own introduction, I don't think anyone will go back to check it out. It's almost like status concept.