Does your parents(or anyone) know about your sexuality preference

sarah3161

My parents recently found out that I was gay, and they were okay with it. Most of my friends from school know that I'm gay already. I don't usually tell people, but if I do, that means I invest a lot of trust in the person I tell.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chiakaiyuki

• Junjou

• toby2663

• RicoTyrell

I'm definitely something (panromantic homosexual, I guess is what we're calling it nowadays)

but, it's too much trouble to come out, y'know?

A good bit of my friends know and I think my aunt knows...but, I never actually came out to them, they just knew/found out/asked.

Some of my relatives know that I'm Bi.I even introduce my suitors to my relatives XD well Not everyone knows im Bi. only few close relatives of mine (My oldest Female Cousin, Her Mom (which is my aunt) , Younger Female cousin and my other Aunt and her sons XD

• 2 weeks later...

I'm heterosexual and my parents are thankfully progressive, in other words they're accepting of different sexual orientations. Although I believe my mom would find it a bit difficult to accomodate if I did decide to date a woman- she's always like "it's alright to be homosexual...but you do want to have a husband and kids one day, right?"

My reading yaoi is another topic, though. My dad never bothered to peek into my mangas, but I know my mom did once or twice and she believes that every manga is cute and cuddly like Georgie or Vampre Knight. I think her eyes would fall out her head if she saw some of the yaoi I have squashed right at the back of my bookshelf lol

My parents know I'm Bi, I told them when I was 18 and they didn't really care, it made no difference to them. If I'm honest with myself I think it was more of a shock to me when I realized I was Bi than it was for them lol.

Although I've been with a few guys I've never dated/gone-out with one and as all my friends are straight I found it easier in the past to just fit in, guess I didn't want to be the "token gay-guy" but I've come to realize that I'm more compatible with guys, tall one with broad shoulders and strong arms :)

That isn't to say I wouldn't date a woman again, I just think its unlikely I'll meet one I feel comfortable enough with to date.

I've been very open in the past about it, but as I live on a small island at the moment I'm not as open, I won't lie or hide the fact but neither do I make it be public knowledge.