Does your parents(or anyone) know about your sexuality preference

sarah3161

yoyo7 i know most people don’t tell their parents anything about it ....

i am hetero but i don't think my parents know about my preference.. i think they assume that

although , there was a time when i had a crush for girls (i thought maybe i was a bi)

(only my mother and cosine know about my crush) :cuteonion7:

so what about you ? :2yoyo4:

• Like 4

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chiakaiyuki

• Junjou

• toby2663

• RicoTyrell

To be honest, I've never had a partner, so I don't know if I'm straight, lesbian or bi *shrugs*

However my mum has already told me that, should I come home with a girl one day instead of a boy, she wouldn't mind one bit. As long as I'm happy, she doesn't care if it's with a boy or a girl.

My dad also doesn't care (as long as we don't start kissing in front of him *rolls eyes*)

• Like 4

yoyo7 i know most people don’t tell their parents anything about it ....

i am hetero but i don't think my parents know about my preference.. i think they assume that

although , there was a time when i had a crush for girls (i thought maybe i was a bi)

(only my mother and cosine know about my crush) :cuteonion7:

so what about you ? :2yoyo4:

same as sarah, I'm a hetero. They don't even know that I like yaoi, they'll probably scold me or accept it. Or I just don't know what they'll say. Afraid of the consequences, I keep it as a secret.

• Like 4

My family and friends all know that I am gay,some were told ,some guessed (my favorite t-shirt had the legend"closets are for clothes" and a big rainbow) and some found out by accident,my mother caught me in bed with my best friend whilst we were on a family holiday in wales it was a bit embarrassing but I dont think it shocked her to much as she all ready suspected.

• Like 5

Yes, I tell my family, my friends that I'm homosexual.

I don't want to lie or keep the secrets 'cos I can't 555...

I don't like men.

And I bring my sweetheart everywhere she wanna go with me ^^

• Like 5

Guest ReincarnatedRainbow

My dad's side of the family thinks I'm homosexual and my mom's side thinks I'm bisexual.

I am heterosexual, though. I find girls more physically attractive than men, and I've had "girl crushes" before, but when it comes down to it, I could never fall emotionally for a woman. I may extremely admire her and find her perfect in every way, to the point where I wish I was gay, but I can't love her like I could if she was a man. My brain can't make the connection. Pity. Women are so much more interesting than men, it seems.

I think only my best friend knows I'm bi.. Other than that no.. My family is very religious and doesn't accept that sort of behavior.. So I might never tell them truthfully..

• Like 3

My best friend knows I like girls... my other friends... maybe.... I don't think so...

I'm actually pansexual, or even queer-sexual haha (I'm attracted more to LGBT people than straight)

I think most people I know would have no problem, but I just can't be bothered explaining to them, unless they ask directly (which no-one has).

• Like 4

My best friend knows I like girls... my other friends... maybe.... I don't think so...

I'm actually pansexual, or even queer-sexual haha (I'm attracted more to LGBT people than straight)

I think most people I know would have no problem, but I just can't be bothered explaining to them, unless they ask directly (which no-one has).

Well, it's not exactly the most basic question.

"Excuse me, miss? Are you, per chance, queersexual?"

Mymom and everyone knows i love boys, especially cute boys rabbit8 I definately straight,

i enjoy teasing them alot.

((mymom probably cry of happinest if i introduce mybf to her, always worried about me spending mytime on anime everynight and go out with slutty-girls-look-like almost every weekend. now that i hve graduate from high school and live alone i kinda miss mymom nagging voice lol.))

I've never thought about myself being lesbian and i dont want to be one, that's for sure.

• Like 3

I'm a hetero and actually, sometimes I'm getting scared seeing my friends that are girls flirting each other 'cause sometimes I thought they are yuri and I actually don't like yuri ^^. I like cute boys like shotacons!!! But well everybody knows that my crush is my avatar right now.....

• Like 3

I'm straight and all my friends know that, but tons of people think that I'm a lesbian because I joke around with my friends. What can I say, I like cuddling! foxy3

• Like 2

i'm not really intersted in boys ...

but i have even less interest in girls ...

so i don't know it myself too .

but i'm sure when the time come my parents will find a boy for me ...

no one ever bothers to think about other people being homo in this country ...

if you are a boy you will marry a girl or never marry .

it's the same for girls except that it's not too easy for them to nat marry ...

being homo here is both a sin and a crime .

• Like 1

Luckily, my sis and parents don't care about any of our sexuality or religion(Lack of for me:P), so they both know that me and my sister are open to everyone. We got lucky with parents, they are truly the best ever! Plus, really badass when they want to be. Not many people say that about their parents either, but they really are when you get them going. Love them all to death and more. Now from what I've heard, my mom's parents and the rest of the family(Except maybe a few people) are a little homophobic, but I won't really say anything about the subject to them unless they ask.

• Like 1

That sucks Rico. I hope they are understanding. >.

I can say the whole thing has blown over. I was talking to my Father today and he didn't mention it, so I'm guessing he either doesn't know or doesn't care.

• Like 1

hahaha I would probably die of shock if someone said that to me XDDD I meant any sexual preference Q in general.

Haha, well, I guess not. I do, but that's probably because I have no filter sometimes.

Guy Friend: *playing with silver key necklace at store*

Me: You like that?

Guy Friend: Hm? Yeah, it's really pretty.

Me: You're gay, aren't you?

Guy Friend: W-wait, wha-?

Me: It's okay, I like that about you.

Guy Friend: You...Wha-?

I'm an Asexual guy (homoromantic asexual guy)

right now I'm only out to my 2 closest friends (whom I came out to a few weeks ago) but I plan on coming out to everyone else in my life over the next few months (i plan on being 100% out by my birthday in october)

• Like 2

hmm, I guess I'm homo;) My first crush was the girl from my class;) Beautiful girl with long bright brown, almost blond hair;) I'm worshiping her even now but she is straight so I can just watch her falling in love with all kinds of men.. Ha, it isn't funny at all! Sometimes I just want to say her: ,,Just come to live with me!" And I acctually did this;) And she said ok, if you will have the house to live in, maybe in south France or such i'll come with you..;) Ha, what a joke! ... I can do anything for that but I know very well that even if we live together she won't become my lover. Just a friend.. I can imagine even leting her have all the men she wants but.. it isn't something I want to do..

And I've had another lover. I even kind of proposed to her:) But this relationship didn't worked out.

My mother knows about my preference and we even joke about that but I think she is still hoping that one day I'll meet some nice man and have some kids;)

My dad is very conservative so I haven't said him about it. He would definitely hate it. And I guess he could even beat me up or chase out of the house...

Some of my friends know about it (more open-minded ones), the others don't: I don't want to be exiled;)

My relatives don't know about it too but I think they are suspecting something (I've never showed any atention to men:))

• Like 2

Junjou, I am proud for you it is never an easy thing to do but it is a good and brave decision and one that will benifit you through all of your life.Honesty with your self and others is all ways the best thing to do. I hope it works out well for you. toby

• Like 2

Thanks toby :)

it's been going well so far, 1 friend is completely cool about it and the other says he already knew, I'm scared about telling a few of my other friends since they are homophobes but I'm not gonna let that fear stop me from being honest

• Like 1

Junjou.Its always a difficult decision to make to tell friends something like this as peoples reactions vary so much.Its not easy to predict how your friends will cope so be prepared to shocked by some reactions and pleasantly suprised others after all this will be a new you who they won't know and it will take some getting used too.For those who really are offended and disgusted let them go ,you are a unique and wonderful human being and are worth so much more than their petty hang ups and insecurities it's their loss not yours.good luck toby

• Like 2

Thanks Toby :)

I am a little scared about how some of them might react, but I've reached a point in my life where I'm ready to be open about who I am an accept whatever comes from that

• Like 1