Gay Marriage

andreanitzoo

Recently, a news said that Obama already allow the same sex marriage. As u know, there're some people agree and some others go disagree. Here, in my country, about gay marriage is prohibited and consider a huge sin. As well with my beliefs which against about gay marriage.

How is your opinion about it?

• Like 1

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• andreanitzoo

• tuti

• Arawn_Bheur

• toby2663

Hot topic but I fully believe most of us here (not to say everyone) will be pro it, hint it's a yaoi website xDD. But removing myself from my yaoi-fan-self. I am straight and a gay marriage supporter, it's a human right they should have and even though I don't live in the U.S. I would vote for Obama just because of that xD. I seriously don't know why people are so hostile about it, it's their lives!! I once saw a funny picture on Facebook and on it someone was holding a banner that said 'If we can't marry then you can't divorce' hahaha it was so funny because, if according to religion gay marriage is a sin then so is divorce but no one does anything against it....oh us humans are funny creatures.

• Like 3

ah thank's alot tuti, i do also pro with gay marriage.. even in my country many people judge it as really huge sin and it's a shame.. but to think that we have a rights to choose whoever we want to marry someday, i guess it's so reasonable to goes pro with it :)

• Like 1

I think gay marriage should be allowed in every country. The ones who want to marry his/her partner with the same sex love each other in the same way as hetero pairs do.

In my country gay marriage is allowed. But last year they made some kind of Europe meeting and there had been decided, that gay marriages are NOT admitted by the EU. So a gay marriage in my country is only valid in my country. Stupid -.- They are married, no matter what country they are in.

• Like 3

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. Marriage is just a paper (though I understand people would like to go through it to symbolize the union) but I think they should ban marriage in general for both sexual preferences - I don't think marriage is important when you love someone, you can live together for the rest of your lives without the need to put it on a piece of paper...

• Like 2

I think gay marriage should be legalized all over the world.

Scientists discovered that in over 400 species homosexual activity is natural. In ancient greece beeing gay was absolutely ordinary. Gaypeople will always exist, so why shouldn't we accept it? Because of religion? Religions are beliefs, homosexualism is fact. If they love, they should have a posibility to unite in law. Age of Aquarius begins soon, let's make strong moral fundaments for it and for our future : )

(sorry for mistakes. I can teach someone polish in exchange for english and/ or japanise lenguage lessons XDD)

• Like 3

It's legal in my country. Has been for quite a few years now. So I'm a bit puzzled by the whole debate. I've read discussions about this online, and no offense, but people who are against it use the weirdest arguments. If gay marriage is allowed, they "reason" people will want to marry animals, hetero-sexual marriage will be "de-valued", and basically, society will collapse.

So I butt into these discussions and go "excuse me, but gay marriage has been legal for a long time where I'm from, and none of these things have happened. So what are you even talking about ?"

And then I get completely ignored. Which is kinda dishonest, but mostly really, really strange. It's as if reality doesn't even come into it.

So I guess it comes down to this : If you think religious belief trumps actual facts, then sure, go right ahead and say that gay marriage is somehow "bad". But if you actually want to know what really happens when gay marriage is legal, then why not go and visit a country where that's the case and find out for yourself.

Heck, you can sleep on my couch.

• Like 5

in my country (sweden) its as legal as ever ^^ with everything even adoption and you can marry in the church too

my opinion: if i want to marry a guy one day ill freakin marry him lol

let ppl marry what they want

if someone wants to marry them self like sue did on glee let them

• Like 3

yepp,, i agree with u all,,we can marry whoever we want, aren't we?? foxy1(but well, i'm straight though^^)

• Like 1

It is alloweded in my country as well :)

If i agree?!

Of course 1000000% agree...

Who are we to judge the choices one makes for himself...?

I do have gay friends... they never brought marriage into conversation, since it was allowed but i believe it was a HUGE relief for them to know that, if they wish to do it, than they just have THE RIGHT TO!!!

I'm happy at least to know that, my country even if it's falling apart things like one's freedom is valued :)

• Like 3

I sooooo totally agree with all of you.

The arguments they use to show they're against it are so... Pathetic that it makes me want to cry...Or laugh at their lack of logic.

• Like 2

Obama only supports gay marriage. The federal government of the United States does not recognize gay marriage and many states have bans against it due to religious reasons.

There is a misconception that marriage is entirely a religious matter and that it rose with Christianity when it didn't.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
mentions marriage:

If a man has taken a wife and has not executed a marriage contract, that woman is not a wife.

and this code predates Christianity by nearly 2,000 years. It mentions a contract, which is a legal tie and not a religious one. Marriage has always been a matter of the government first and foremost. Religious ceremonies only came second. It is entirely possible to get married in the court of law without having a religious ceremony -- how else do people such as Athiests get married? They don't have a religious ceremony and yet they can have a legal, government marriage.

Why can't the same courtesy be extended to same-sex couples? The government should allow them to be able to enter a marriage contract. However, if a religious institution doesn't want the same-sex couple to have a religious ceremony then that should be the prerogative of that religious institution. But they should stay out of government affairs.

There are two different marriages that occur in the majority of countries: one is government sanctioned and one is religion sanctioned. You can have one without the other, it's just one includes rights including hospital visits, adoption, special taxes, etc. and the other is entirely spiritual with no special government based rights. There is no need for the two to be done by a person -- like in the example of Athiests.

So, I do believe that the government should recognize same-sex marriage. There should be an entire separation of state and church, but the government is failing to do that by using religious reasons to support the ban on same-sex marriage.

• Like 5

I had a huge debate over this on Narutobase and it got quite ugly there :/

Anyway, I fully support it. I don't see why they shouldn't have the chance to get married while straight couple have that privilege. I've never understood why people make such a big fuss about it. Does it affect their lives if a gay couple gets married? No, it doesn't, so why are they trying to stop two people from showing they love each other?

In my country it's allowed and gays can even adopt, but sadly there are still a lot of people who are prejudiced and close minded :/ If I read some of the things happening to gay people just because they showed openly they were gay ... Makes me wonder why people think they are civilized

So yeah, anyway, I support it :) I don't believe in marriage and won't ever get married, but they should be allowed to marry if they want to

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

for me yes, people can choose whom they love and whom they want to stay forever. So haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate.

• Like 2

A gay friend of mine asked me to be his maid of honor in his gay wedding but I'm nervous to go and it's funny he asked me..idk it's just gonna b so weird

• Like 1

I have the feeling that andreanitzoo is from the same country as I do but I am just guessing anyway. I'm from a self-proclaimed Islamic country. While I try not to drag religion in this, I need to clarify that I am of Chinese descendant. My country is a multi-racial country, like any globalised country yet much of our people's mentality are however as tight as the being sewn.

What is funny is our stupid leader of my country preaches about embracing diversity of all with humility and whatever bullshit and what's not. Yet he fails to understand the meaning of embracing diversity. He bashes Obama's support to gay marriage and it's my dream to one day slap his face and ask him to keep his mouth shut.

He doesn't know what it is about embracing diversity the moment he bashes that LGBT is enemy of Islam. He, as a nation's leader, says this. But in my country, almost everyone knows he is bull. Anyway, what I am trying to say is, Islam is a whole peaceful religion itself but I sort of sad to see that the attitude of the people practicing the religion is wayward and funny and not to mention, SOME are hypocrites.

They preach about accepting people as who they are and then turn around and bash them in the back. All they understood about 'embracing diversity' is to accept the skin color of different people. Only skin color, they can accept. What is out of the norm are considered the enemies of Islam. I mean no offense to anyone Muslim. It's just the attitude of SOME of the radical people in my country.

As for me, I was once like these people thinking that being gay or lesbian is bad and against the norm. But then I learn more about LGBT and loving BL is probably the only thing I don't regret in my life. It teaches me that love knows NO boundary and no one should stop loving just because some dead book say you shouldn't (and I again, I mean no offense to anyone).

I don't say I totally support nor I absolutely not support, I am a half and half. There is always two side of coins but I completely agree with Arawn_Bheur.

Religion and government should be a separate issue and dealt with differently. What we are allowing now here is legally having sex and pro-create. Marriage is a contract, Arawn_Bheur said, this contract binds both parties and in case there are property or children involved, both partners are equally given rights to present their case. If religion bodies do not allow ceremonies, I don't think most homo couples care. All that matter is they are recognised AS a family.

I really hate to read the fact that my idiot of country leaders mentioned what is the point of granting marriage to a gay couple id they can't enjoy the sex? All these people seem to think about is sex so that sort of sums up the mentality the people in my country. These are the same people who think that homosexuality can be cured through counselings and promoting LGBT is directly corrupting the minds of the youth.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope people will accept reality and see that being gay is not something someone can choose. Its just how your brain is working.

Problems are old people who look at it as its not okay. So when the generations change and old people die and are changed with young we will accept the changes. Till then we will have to wait and hope for the better times. :cuteonion43:

I hope people will accept reality and see that being gay is not something someone can choose. Its just how your brain is working.

Problems are old people who look at it as its not okay. So when the generations change and old people die and are changed with young we will accept the changes. Till then we will have to wait and hope for the better times. :cuteonion43:

then let's pray old people die sooner !onionn6

of course i'm totally agree to it but i think it's more about religion and your religion is something you choose for yourself .

marriage has nothing to do with governmental laws .

they should really stop making laws for everything that doesn't concern them .

On the old people subject,

In my experience, they have a tendency to be the more accepting of people. The local VFW [military veteran place] even lets a local LGBT+ friendly church hold services there, and a couple even attend. They're very accepting of us within the local LGBT+ community.

It's the 30 year olds to the 50 year olds that seem to have the biggest problem with gay marriage and gay people.

• Like 1

I agree the main problem is the 30/50 age group, they have from a socioeconomic point of view a disproportionate amount of power and influence which enables them to manipulate the direction that society moves in couple this with rabid right wing religious fundamentalism and we are screwed,part of the problem is that the more rational and reasonable eliments with society don't have that real viscaral desire to win at all costs but prefer to work and change things through consensus and agreement