Ai no Kusabi Fanclub

SailorRishi

I also know that the ending in 1992 OVA is specific to anime only and that in novel it actually differs.

I'm reading the novel now and it is so much better than anime (both of them).

I have the scans of first 7 chapters and I be glad to share with anyone who wants to read it as well because it's worth it.

Would it be possible for you to share these scans with me ? i really really want to read it rabbit0

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SailorRishi

• tuti

• GadrielM

• moidixmois

Well I finally found the time to read the novels, and just finished no.2 I don't know, maybe it's the way they've been translated. But so far, I don't like them as much as the OVA.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

They aren't as good as the anime? I've heard they are very cool :)

well I'm talking only about the first 2 (since those are the ones I've read so far). But there's little to no interaction between Iason and Riki. Actually, 75% of the novel is just talk about settings, so I kind of got bored. But hopefully the other books are better.

I hope the others will get better X_X I would kinda want to read them too if they are good :D

Would it be possible for you to share these scans with me ? i really really want to read it rabbit0

I can share, here's the link to the zip file with it.

there's also a download link on this site

Good links in comments.

- - - Updated - - -

well I'm talking only about the first 2 (since those are the ones I've read so far). But there's little to no interaction between Iason and Riki. Actually, 75% of the novel is just talk about settings, so I kind of got bored. But hopefully the other books are better.

It takes time to get used to the style, but settings matter and it is meaningful for the Iason/Riki interaction, because they are part of the society they live in and are pressured by their life circumstances. There's a certain gap between anime and the book. The book is much more sophisticated.

I totally understand that, specially since the setting is pretty complicated, but the explanations go on and on, and on, and then some more. I mean, yes I got the picture, could we move on with the story now? :/

I know what you mean, the descriptions are repeated over and over again in each volume, but bear with it till the end of volume 3 at least. After I read the 3rd one I wasn't able to stop until the 7th and I only appreciated the book more and more with each volume. Still haven't read the last one though, cannot get hold of it.

you are totally right! I just finished vol. 3 today :D it's way better than the first 2. Can't wait to start vol. 4 ^^

While waiting for vol 8 to become available I've found a fascinating Raul/Katze sidestory that happens right after or during volume 7 events. It's On Hire by Lena. I want to share a link in case anyone is interested

• 3 weeks later...
T__T * can't stop crying*

*CRAISSSS I DON'T WANT THEM TO DIEEEEEE :cuteonion46:

The end is beautiful and in the given setting it's a kind of best possible ending arguable as it is.

I've read some very good fanfiction after watching anime and reading the novel (first 7 volumes so far) and some fics authors have a very interesting idea of mending things:

What is left from Iason and Riki after the explosion is put into regeneration tanks and after some time they are brought back to life by direct order from Jupiter. She contemplating their death becomes aware that she is too capable of love (towards Iason) and understands his feelings towards Riki. So they have her blessing to go on together.

Hope it's of some consolation =)

• 4 weeks later...

I've watched the first Ai no Kusabi OVA's and than read the novel ...

i just now one thing for sure :

I love everything about Ai no Kusabi .

I can share, here's the link to the zip file with it.

there's also a download link on this site

Good links in comments.

- - - Updated - - -

It takes time to get used to the style, but settings matter and it is meaningful for the Iason/Riki interaction, because they are part of the society they live in and are pressured by their life circumstances. There's a certain gap between anime and the book. The book is much more sophisticated.

thank you soooooooooooooo much for sharing onionn5onionn5

i'm so sorry for the late reply . have a wonderful week foxy3

• 4 weeks later...

I was actually watching Junjou Romantica on youtube when I came across Ai no Kusabi by accident in the sidebar~ all time fave storyline now...I love the pet rings. That would be my incredibly pervy side sneaking out- :hamtaro-005 (15):

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the original version few years ago and is still one of my favorites. I could rewatch it over and over and I don't get bored. Of course after the ova's I read the novel. I like that the remake is more focused on the details from the novel, nothing too much is there, the storyline started fluidly and I wanted to see more ''episodes'' in the remake, still wait for new release so, if this is going to happen. Anyway ank has a special place in my heart.

• 3 months later...

goddammit im new here i found this place looking for ai no kusabi info, i read the books (1-7) and watched the ovas and i completely fall in love, this story is perfect.. sorry for bad spelling, english is not my former language

• 1 month later...

I like the older version cause the newer one isn't as interesting as the older one cause you can tell they are in love but in the newer one they don't really express as well and the older version has those scenes that makes you go "omg" but the newer one kinda gives you that "ugh they don't show any good scenes" type of feeling so I like the older one better

• 2 weeks later...
new
old I love them both because they show so many of my feels that I couldn't help but fangirl over them, i only wished they could show more episodes so i can continue fangirling

• 4 weeks later...

Looooooving it... old alike as new one.

I started with Yaoi in seeing the old OVA back then... and I love the new one since it really is like the novels (even the dialogue sometimes matches) this was amazing sadly they didn't continue the story. T_T

• 4 months later...

I did not know that Ai No Kusabi had such stories, i had heared it for a long time but i haven't check it out. To be honest, i found the story interesting but yet the idea of a fixated lover to his partner had always made me on my knees. Yay for possesive seme

• 1 year later...

I would like to know about the moderation policy. Is it allowed to leave a download link to volume 8 of Ank? It was here, but now I can't find it. Also all request for volume 8 are deleted.

UPDATE: Oops, sorry. I mixed up this thread with

All links and comments are in place there.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you. I loved this idea (sci-fi and yaoi mixture) but i coudn't find the OVA anywhere.

Also this is my first time hearing about the remake, how it will be at least as good as the old series

:Being-joyful-01: