• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SailorRishi

• tuti

• GadrielM

• moidixmois

Ai no Kusabi, Written by Rieko Yoshihara, the individual chapters of Ai no Kusabi were serialized in the yaoi magazine Shousetsu June between December 1986 and October 1987. The chapters were collected and published as a single hardbound novel in 1990. The novel was licensed for an English language release in North America by Digital Manga Publishing (DMP), which published the novel across 8 volume series. The first volume was released on November 20, 2007 and the sixth on July 28, 2009. In June 2009, DMP made the first volume of Ai no Kusabi, Stranger, available as an Amazon Kindle e-book.

The Vol 07 is now available at Amazon. Vol 08 we expect February 2013.

Confusions about the old and new OVA

There are two versions of the OVA's

~1. From the August 1992 – May 1994

- release 2 OVA's

Download here :

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

~2. The new version : Ai no Kusabi remake 2012

- planed was 13 episodes, but how many will be is still not clarified.

Download here :

I hope i helped you. Any more question only ask (:

• Like 1

i want the ai no kusabi novel site.. can you post it if there is?

There is no online site where you can read the novel for free. You can buy the Novel via amazon;akadot.com or some other Book store.

• Like 1

the old and new Iason

tumblr_mah80x7wCH1rp8czwo1_1280.png

as you can see the ears are not the only different thing . but for me they are both great ^_^

Nice comparison between the old and new Iason. I think I prefer the new one more but both a great. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Vol 08 we expect February 2013.

New updates related to the ANK Novel vol08

:(

• 3 weeks later...

i can say,that,this is my favourite anime. this anime expressed so strong feelings,that i could see only in few mangas,and in my opinion it is easier to do that in manga

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A digital format is not planned. About the reprint the whole series, for now there are no new info.

Actually ANK is a BL novel. The old OVA could not show the whole story. The remake has good material to show at least a bit from the serie in detail.

What happened to the remake? Did they drop it or something? T^T

Officially no statement was given in that matter.

• 1 month later...

Hi i really liked the OVAs but do you know where i can read the whole novel ? I've been searching all over... I wanna watch/read everything ! It's just too good omg ! please help

The Novel's you can buy via Amazon, ebay, bookdepository etc. BUT! the problem is, some volumes are out of stock or for an very high price available from privat sellers :/ Till now there is no info about a reprint for the earliest books.

• 1 month later...

This is the first anime yaoi I have seen, and I think this is the best of all. I have seen a song named: "Ai no lusabi RIKI Limp bizkit behind blue eyes" on youtube and I have to look for the anime on the video... and I have found Ai no kusabi. It was love at first sight. Riki is one of few uke I realy love, and what say about Iason..... Is fantastic.

The love he feels for Riki, I think is wonderfull. He can't love anyone but Riki is special. Riki captures the interest of Iason and then Iason can not let it go. Iason loves realy Riki and he overcome many problem for this love.

I realy love the story but I haven't read the novels. I want to cry.......

• 2 weeks later...
What happened to the re-make? Does everyone know if they will ever continue it? o.o

I know that the project had been shut down because of financial difficulties. So there's very little hope to see the rest of the story in anime soon.

I also know that the ending in 1992 OVA is specific to anime only and that in novel it actually differs.

I'm reading the novel now and it is so much better than anime (both of them).

I have the scans of first 7 chapters and I be glad to share with anyone who wants to read it as well because it's worth it.

I see...well that sucks!

Hmm I do have vol 1-6 but I've only read vol 1 so far....my list of to-read novels is too long... >.>

but I've only read vol 1 so far. >.>

When I read volume one I thought that the novel is nothing special, I´ve got the real taste of the novel only by volume 3, and the real appreciation only by volume 6.

A scene when Iason lets halfconscious Riki drink water from Iason's mouth on public in volume 6 impressed me beyond measurable

Though the plot in both animes is similar to the novel the depth of the characters and relationships between them in novel is in a whole new level and in many ways it differs from the anime.

• 1 month later...

i just read chap 1-5.. because its free..

im curious about the real ending, i disappointed about ending in ova.. first ova..

they died together

i hope the new ova will be an happy ending.. but they are discontinue..

• 1 month later...

I read the Ai No Kusabi novels, 1-5. I have the 6th I think?

I was captivated by how mature, dark, and mature the novels were. There were a lot of words I had to look up as well. I really do enjoy this.

I have watched some of the Ai No Kusabi Anime/OVA but I was not impressed in the least.

I really love Ai no Kusabi and i'm more than happy to see that there is a fan club about it since it's not that popular as it should have been . to be honest , i liked the OVAs a lot more than the re-make , the re-make seemed different somehow and as some say it's closer to the story, i'm not sure about it since i haven't read the novels yet . i really want to watch it though and i may change my opinion about it if i watch the whole thing .

31609l.jpg

What happened to the re-make? Does everyone know if they will ever continue it? o.o

The production stopped due to financial difficulties but i've read on the net that the production will continue again and that one extra episode will be added. i don't know anything about the release of the episodes though.