~•~Help Center~•~

Saga

You even typed all above confused. I didn't get anything from what you tried to say.

I'm not sure about the nouns, though. The moon example, you gave the one with n with the noun is weird/odd. I'm not sure if I've seen things of that sort. Most nouns look like na adjective, and な is already there to conjugate into なんだ but not adding just ん on that.

There are two types of adjectives,not nouns. One end to " い" ,the rest end with " な "

My advice,go after grammar of the type for beginners. You indeed know many things,but some things from the basic are missing in your base of knowledge. Not offending you,it's an advice.

なの+だ-long form is for explantionary tone, and suggestions, right?

なん+だ-short form の, has been removed, thus becoming ん just to make things easier to say. But same thing.

It's not ''because to make things easier''. It's grammar and rules. (:

That's why go after grammar.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• chiakaiyuki

• Sloan

• EvilStewie

You even typed all above confused. I didn't get anything from what you tried to say

That's because I was actually listing of things that I often get confused, that's all. Not everything is there to be explained. Don't worry, I am not confused by that anymore, thanks to you.

There are two types of adjectives,not nouns. One end to " い" ,the rest end with " な "

I already knew this. I was talking about nouns that they sometimes put のだ or なのだ at the end. Both conveys different tones.

It's not ''because to make things easier''. It's grammar and rules. (:

That's why go after grammar.

While this may be true, I find them often being opted out from saying the full form. んだ replaced なのだ if I'm not mistaken.

SAGA I am still learning at an Elementary Japanese. I went by its order since. Yeah

it's hard to let people know where I'm at. I am at where it is talking about explanatory tones. Sorry for causing so much confusion. If you want, I can try and make examples to make myself clearer.

rabbit2

Well....it's a long,really long thing. =/

It needs a lesson to be done.

And as a Japanese teacher,I tell you - it's too early for you to go after the tones. (:

{笑} Thank you, 先生...

I'll go back and start over again. :p... well maybe a couple chapters back, neee??

But, after a while, I'll come back and make you suffer again though :D :D

TROLOLOL.

You are welcome anytime,dear.

I just want to give you advices. (:

Go for informal speech,there you will get how "Na" and "Da" work. Then it'd be easier to get what you asked me.

I have a quick question on pronouncing a word.. I'll try to spell it phonetically for you, I think I have always said it wrong

The Japanese word for not skilled: Jo ju sa de ma sen

The word for ''good at''/''skillful'' is "Jouzu". [上手, じょうず]

For negative,there are a few ways to say "not skillful", I'll list the formal one:

''Jouzu de wa arimasen"

Thanks, I don't know why but that word is like a tongue twister for me.. I can say all the other I have learned so far, but that one just will not come out of my mouth :/

Omg you are awesome!! Thanks that would be nice, but you don't have to do it right now .. kinda late my end, I don't know about yours? Thanks so much!!

Well,you can check it out whenever you have time.

Make the first mora longer. (Mora are the sounds in Japanese) -> Jouzu. (:

Here the

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Sorry for the quality. xD (:

Password: yaoiotaku

Thanks! I'm been trying to say it how you have it written out..

It stinks cause as I'm not skilled yet in Japanese..I kinda need this one :/

• Like 1

You need only will and patience in Japanese. (:

I am open to questions,I might open a thread where we will practice grammar,not only hiragana and katakana. (:

SAGA...

poker_face_rage_face_meme_flyer-p244848404789425638b73co_400.jpg

am i trolling someone if i say

"[name]さんがかっこよすぎて苦しい!"

I was kind of playing around.

"You're too cool, it's painful" or "you're painfully cool"

offensive or not offensive??? or too taken for literal?

I was aiming for not offending. =D If so, I'll drop 'painful' but then 'too' is incorrect, probably..

THANKS IN ADVANCE♥ :3!

Hello,

basically it's not wrong. The construction is often used,but rarely I've heard it with 「がっこい」。

How to explain it...

It's not offensive or wrong,it has that sub-meaning, something is SO .... THAT I can't take it / it's too much for my heart.

Of course,the original sentence doesn't say that,it's just a sub-meaning.

I've heard similar stuff, be it with ''his smile is so perfect that it pains me'' or some other word.

Or this one,

「愛しすぎて苦しい」

It's not offensive,you just stress out the verb/noun/adj.

If you said it out as a joke,it would be a good one. (:

But all depends on the person to be honest. Even in English or whatever language,some people can't grasp what you meant. So,you should make sure that the other understood what exactly you meant. If it was a joke,should be stated so.

Or else the other might think you are confessing or about to do so. XD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

彼氏、実BOYFRIENDは彼氏といいます。「せめてそんなにだと思っています」

Maybe they prefer saying just KARE, to drop the sound of SHI.

I think it's because Shi remember me the death. (It's strange, but it's my point of viewing o/)

日本語が上手な人は説明してくれませんか。

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ahhh thank you... I just learned that one recently. Nice distinction But I rarely see/hear it.

I guess we have to be careful when we speak of someone. I use someone's name just to be safe. XD

• 4 years later...

hello, i need a help for manga translation.

often, japanese and english have different word order in sentences, but if they say half sentence only, how do you translate it without assuming the meaning?

for example, a love confession: わたしはあなたのこと... people usually translate it as "i like..." but what if the character is a tsundere and decides to change it into "i hate you" at the last moment?

• 1 month later...

Saga, is this still active? I have a question.

I am from Paraguay, and we have two official languages, spanish and guarani. So, if languages are form with the country's name + go... my language would be パラグアイゴ? or スパインゴ?

Or spanish is スパインゴ and guarani would be パラグアイゴ?

• 3 weeks later...
Saga, is this still active? I have a question.

I am from Paraguay, and we have two official languages, spanish and guarani. So, if languages are form with the country's name + go... my language would be パラグアイゴ? or スパインゴ?

Or spanish is スパインゴ and guarani would be パラグアイゴ?

Did a quick Google search, results are as follows:

Spanish スペイン語 (すぺいんご)

Guarani グアラニー語 (ぐあらにいご)

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

This doesn't follow the [country] + [go] pattern but I imagine that Japanese people who didn't know that Guarani or Spanish was spoken in Paraguay would just say パラグアイ語 :p

Hope the answer helps.