• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aoi

• Jin.

• zdm123

• Saga

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes sirreee! Shutdown was done by the government because of the anti-privacy blackout. Its very detailed. Google Megaupload and the whole sordid issue will pop up for you.

• Like 7

I've searched O_O Oh my! I saw that if SOPA and PIPA will pass many sites sharing copyrighted material will be affected!!!! :(

Hope the manga/anime related sites won't be shut down! :( O_O

• Like 5

I've searched O_O Oh my! I saw that if SOPA and PIPA will pass many sites sharing copyrighted material will be affected!!!! :(

Hope the manga/anime related sites won't be shut down! :( O_O

Sadly, there is a high possibility to be affected,even anime/manga sites. Let's all hope it won't pass.

If the laws pass, we might be forced to take down the downloads. Anyway, if a few days ago most of the senators who have to vote for the law were supporting the law, after the huge protest from yesterday, 8 of them announced they go against SOPA and PIPA.

PIPA will be discussed on 24th January and SOPA in February.

• Like 10

Here, the globe is protesting. (:

If you want,no idea if it will work,

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
. I did it and in every second over 10 people do it. I really dislike to have my internet freedom taken away.

I wanna have a bazooka and shut THEM down Ò___Ó, damn freaking SOPA... >_

I hope the other 3 billion will disagree... c:

But Youtube also... its totally of Vevo... at least my brother said >

• Like 5

NOOOOOOOO!!!! :msn_red_fox 11

I download most of my yaoi/animes and yaoi/manga from Megaupload!!!!!!!!!!!! :Red_fox10:

• Like 5

Not all download whether legal or illegal isn't bad. Some downloads are needed because the movies, anime/manga that are foreign and they require Eng, Span, etc. subs. What they should do is go after the street venders that sells dvd movies and music to the pubslic. You'd be surprise how many people hang out at my local grocery store selling movies that just came out in theatres. If you go after them instead of innocent internet users, the entertaiment community wouldn't go broke.

• Like 5

that really scares me...

i used MEgaupload a lot!! :(

i know this is serious but before that i just have to share this... so sorry!!! but i cant help myself...

1968230_460s.jpg

true story!! xD

now for real... i do not agree with piracy but there are all types of piracy... small things won't kill anyone...

:cuteonion48:

i mean... they who have everything don't even think of the countries that sometimes do not receive some kind of products.

what about them?

how can we see movies, for example, that are not for sale in our country? and now what? we need internet!!! damn!!!

onion4

they should be going after the real dealers!! not the normal people who only want to have some rest and fun!! geez!!!

and what about my manga? and my animes? and my BL dramas?! no!!! no!!!

:cuteonion58::8onion5::cuteonion24:

• Like 4

Would it be possible for people to re-upload all that they can on to other sites, like mediafire, so we may still download our yaoi?

• Like 3

My poor Megaupload got drugged and raped by SOPA

tumblr_ly2cqbQb3P1r48j6so1_400.gif

I used Megaupload A LOT! This is rather sad for me actually

tumblr_ly2aydJBts1qefme5o1_400.gif

tumblr_ly2aydJBts1qefme5o2_400.gif

Now I have to find a new site to upload all the movies I still have which I posted on this forum

• Like 5

These people are absolutely insane...!!

Internet nowadays MAKES the world go around!

It's the biggest source of information out there!!!!

It's true you may choose the right or wrong way to use it...but's still YOUR choice!

Taking that away from us is... the hell!

What will people who don't have the liberty to go to the movies and watch a film because their country doesn't allow it's showing?

Same with music, so many censored bands who can't sell/be listened in some countries as well?!

Books?!

Where the hell is our right to choose man?!

• Like 3

By the way guys, if you see a link to new megaupload, DON'T click it. It's a trick!

R.I.P Megaupload

tumblr_ly3813ADfW1r1twsio1_250.gif

tumblr_ly3813ADfW1r1twsio2_250.gif

tumblr_ly3813ADfW1r1twsio3_250.gif

tumblr_ly3813ADfW1r1twsio4_250.gif

tumblr_ly3813ADfW1r1twsio5_250.gif

tumblr_ly3813ADfW1r1twsio6_250.gif

tumblr_ly3813ADfW1r1twsio7_r1_250.gif

tumblr_ly3813ADfW1r1twsio8_250.gif

I will miss you so much!

tumblr_ly2cocBTJU1qe9ucso1_500.gif

tumblr_ly2cocBTJU1qe9ucso2_500.gif

• Like 6

Guys, I just read the SOPA and PIPA bill are put on hold.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

i also read that Mega upload was shut down via due process and legal battles. They hosted copyrighted material and ignored many cease and desist requests. Megaupload is very different from torrent sharing because of the profit based model. Megaupload is NOT sharing, it is counterfeiting because the CEO gained huge profits on other people's copyrighted material.

The shutdown of Megaupload is not censorship, it is the legal system at work and proof that we do not need SOPA and PIPA to defend copyright.

• Like 6

@saga: thanks for the link to this protest site, i signed as well :)

in my humble opinion, artists should be thankful that users spread their works through the internet. i mean, seriously - i would certainly have not bought all volumes of koisuru boukun because of just walking into a bookstore and seeing it there. i read the "ilegal" scanlation first and enjoyed it so i got me the real books. i wonder weather they really believe, that people will buy as much stuff as now from amazon after hearing 15 seconds of each song other than listening to the whole album on youtube. i don't know if this figure of speech also exists in english but in germany we have this saying that "you don't buy a cat in a sack" which means you won't buy something without seeing it's content before. i hope this whole thing turns out well. *sigh*

• Like 4