Just Another Suggestion

Guest FujoshiFTW

Guest FujoshiFTW

Well, just as the title says, I want to make a tiny suggestion. I noticed the forum doesn't really get that much attention (that's what she said) so I was wondering if the forum could be advertised more. Perhaps you could create a Facebook page along with a Twitter and Tumblr one to 'expand' the audience? Not only then would we get more active members and topics but the fans would also be boosted and the forum be more popular.

Sorry if there already is some kind of fanclub/page of this on the sites I mentioned and I missed it. I was just browsing through Facebook and thought of the idea. Please delete this thread if that is the case...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Key

• SailorRishi

• .dia

• yojichan

i already post on facebook about the forum. one friend from me she just join...and i thing some another people who saw my post they also join...but they still not introduce them...so thats why we dont know about them.

only some few members are active here..not evrybody have time for be active...most of all members register only bcouz downloads...:( (me not, im here 24h online, lolXD )

• Like 2

Yes, I think that's a very good idea. We already have a Twitter account:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

However, I didn't have time to take care of it, since I'm all the time busy moderating and working on adding new features to the forums.

If anyone can help us maintaining a Facebook page, it would be much appreciated.

If not, I'll do it myself when I'll have time.

Thank you again for the suggestion, I think it's a very good idea! :)

• Like 1

I've found something very interesting

lol...and i go on them homepage
lol2

i can make a group on fb, np. i only need your ok than im starting. i have many anime/yaoi fans friends there.so will be no problem to catch member. after all we must be better than aarinfantasy ...them group have now about 1000 member...(i hope i can say that in public, when not sorry for that, i mean it as a friendly joke)

• Like 2

I can help, though I rarely sit on the English-language Web sites, but I can distribute a forum on Russian resources (since the there are also very popular yaoi) .. If you have a banner or advertisement (if not,i can help create it), send it to me. At least put it on the Russian online diary.

Of course, with your permission.

P.S Sorry for mistakes in the text

• Like 1

@ .dia

That would be great if you could do it! If you can make a banner for us, of course, I agree :) If not, I can make some time to create one. And thank you! :)

@ SailorRishi

Thanks a lot! The page looks so good! I like it a lot! I'll make an announcement here on the forum too for people to know about it and join :)

@ Belita

Thanks for your continuous support! I really appreciate it! :)

Also, for those who create fan pages and help promote the forum on different sites/forums, I'll give an additional 10000 credits :) And for all those who join our fan pages, I'll award 1000 points :) Thank you again to all of you!

• Like 1

Guest FujoshiFTW

Another suggestion here. (Yes, my ideas are just so great *sarcasm*)

I got this idea from another site (superlegacy to be exact) and they have this rule about reaching a certain number of posts (or points, since over here there is a points system and over there they don't have one) and then being able to access the downloads so there are more active members in the forum. That way, if your main reason for registering was for the downloads, by having that rule, you'll be forced to post, that way you could be introduced to more friends and explore the forum more. Perhaps then the main reason you had before would be replaced by something like 'I want to go on YO to know more friends', etc. (Eeeww, sappy, I know)

Neh?

Also, for those who create fan pages and help promote the forum on different sites/forums, I'll give an additional 10000 credits :) And for all those who join our fan pages, I'll award 1000 points :) Thank you again to all of you!

i got into fb page. does it means i'll get 1000 points?????

=D

@ .dia

Ok great! Thank you! :) Of course, show me when it's done and after you promote it there come and tell me and I'll award you 10000 points :)

@ FujoshiFTW

Yeah, that would be an idea as well. Also I was thinking that many don't even choose an avatar. So, I think we should delete the posts of those who don't have an avatar. At least the very short posts like 'Thank you'

@ cherryyuri

Of course you will receive 1000 points for joining the FaceBook group and 1000 points for following us on Twitter, but I have to do it manually. So, I'll make a thread 'Points for Joining our Facebook or Twitter'. There you will have to post the username you use on FB and/or Twitter and I'll assign you the points :)

Key

I have made banners, but I do not know whether they will like you. But if there is something wrong you say, be sure to correct it)

728х80

2m3o74j.jpg

1zyc7sm.jpg

88x31

2h3dlr9.jpg

• Like 2

I have joined the fb page and i have invited 2 people on here to join which they have. Didn't know about the refer a friend deal otherwise would have used it lol. Glad we can spread this around.

• Like 3

I think making banners and buttons would help, for example like this:

Any Mod can delete this if it's taken as advertising, i made this for the forum i mod

lCB0J.gif

pB7av.gif

• Like 3

I got this idea from another site (superlegacy to be exact) and they have this rule about reaching a certain number of posts (or points, since over here there is a points system and over there they don't have one) and then being able to access the downloads so there are more active members in the forum. That way, if your main reason for registering was for the downloads, by having that rule, you'll be forced to post, that way you could be introduced to more friends and explore the forum more. Perhaps then the main reason you had before would be replaced by something like 'I want to go on YO to know more friends', etc. (Eeeww, sappy, I know)

Neh?

I am totally loving the idea. This kind of rule was implemented in a forum I used to be part of and it actually proved to be quite effective. Members were encouraged to be more active in the forums thus earning points to have access to the exclusive downloads section. By rewarding such exclusivity, the members feel that sense of belonging and advantages of being a member.

I also would like to add that aside from making avatars, I think members should also make a decent profile page and introduce themselves at the Introduction thread. that way we get to see who are real people and who are the leechers.

Guest FujoshiFTW

^ I agree, though now that you've mentioned it, I haven't even introduced myself in the Introduction thread yet o_o But then members might continuously double post if we make this a rule, then that might become a problem. Over at another forum/site I help at, it's against the rules to double post and the moderators just end up merging the posts together, though over there there's more members. Since we're encouraging people to post, I don't know what to do.

What do you guys think?

oh long time active members have the option to make introductions or not.

Introductions are to be made only once anyways. so there shouldn't be any risk for double posting.

it's the newbies that should be making Introductions at least.

The double posting I've observed here (I double-posted once or twice) but that was because there was a glitch in the system and the post didn't post right away. so naturally, you'd think the post didn't make it only to find that it already did and you see the same post underneath. But i don't think double posting here has been mostly intentional. I have noticed the double posting was kinda prevalent when the forums was going through that terrible phase of going OFFLINE a lot because of those bandwidth thieves. But now things are back to normal. :)

It's a good idea, but it might have the oppersite effect (I don't know, just speculating) and people may think, I can't be bothered to post X number of times for a download, so I'm going else where :(

I think having certain things exclusive to active members is a great idea though ^^

• 3 weeks later...
It's a good idea, but it might have the oppersite effect (I don't know, just speculating) and people may think, I can't be bothered to post X number of times for a download, so I'm going else where :(

I think having certain things exclusive to active members is a great idea though ^^

I agree with my lil sis, I tried other forums but it was difficult to access to the contents so I just quitted. The way used here made me stay & get access to the contents & know all the wonderful ppl here. And also it would be a great idea to have exclusive contents for long time active members....

• Like 1

Neh?

i think this is a good idea i had to do the same for another forum except what i would say to come up with a decent number of posts not to high but not too low so new members dont get discouraged and go somewhere else