Annoying SPAM posts

yojichan

I've encountered several SPAM posts made by weird usernames, all of which seem to have the same pattern having advertising links.

Personally, i don't have a problem reporting them from time to time whenever i see it but i'm also wondering if there are other more effective and prompt ways to catch these SPAMMERS. they're so annoying! it's like cockroach. kill one, and more pop out of nowhere.

I feel bad because this forum has gone through so much pains and efforts dealing with bandwidth thieves in the past and now these stupid SPAMMERS have invaded our happy home.

I am urging everyone to be on the lookout for these SPAMMERS and to report them right away.

• Like 7

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rotten boy

• Belita

• cherryyuri

• Key

Yes, Yojichan, you're perfectly right, spammers are really a bother. I banned every single one as soon as I see one or a report. I would maybe need someone to help me with that, because due to different time zones, it always passes some time until I see them if the spammy posts are made during night (my time).

So, if anyone would be interested, I would need at least a moderator, who would be able to delete the spam posts.

• Like 1

Hi Key,

I've already been quite alert with SPAMMERS and never hesitate to report them right away.

I don't mind moderating to eradicate some of the problems if need be.

• Like 1

Thank you!

OK, then, if you agree I'll make both of you moderators and I'll explain you how you can delete the threads or spam posts.

Let's see until the end of the day how many are willing, so that I can divide the number of categories to the number of moderators.

It would be better if each category would have about 2 moderators living in different time zones, so, those interested, please post here.

I don't have any kind of experience but please do count me in...

I spend a lot of time online, so if you need me, i'm more than willing to help...

Spams are becoming even more frequent these days, so anything we can do to help, we'll assist.... :)

• Like 1

I wish I could help... but, in few week my sister family is back my time in forum will not be limit...

So it's hard for me to do much... I just hope there will be more people willing to do...

And I think also it best to tell which time each person on the site and there time zone...

So Key could find the right person for the right place... ^^

Sorry key... that I can't help... T T

• Like 1

Indeed,Belita. =/ Especially annoying is when you're having your coffee to find these roaches over the place. ;D

Ahahha, well you just described my breakfast :D

Me coffee and spams :p

• 2 weeks later...
Just trying to help out. I seen it so I did what I thought was right.

Very helpful. It's often hard to see them, so people pointing them out is good :)

I agree with chiakaiyuki. (: Sometimes(not always!), either we are all tired, or spaced out,it's hard to see them only by nicknames. So, it's good that people point out when they find one.

I cleared a few away yesterday. =/ Really annoying,but feels good afterwards. ;D

Spamms in fanclubs section..... :(

It's this id speE67ight

i can't delet it either.. but i sent a message about the avatar, since the posts i have seen don't exactly seem like a spamm.

@ Cherry

Some are, at least the ones early today were for sure, the one showing up now, are from a user without avatar :(

is another one? is the same username you said before, at least..