• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 鼠ドル

• sarah3161

• Virdian*

• Dayu

Talking from a shounen-ai perspective... poorly written plot. No.6 really embodies a lot of what I'd like to see from future shounen-ai animations and book series.

Well, we've already talked about everyone's fetishes when it comes to yaoi...

But what about turn offs?

Perhaps you can't stand shota or too much muscles?

Share!

I guess I have to go first, ne?

I'm not a fan of very young uke's...

Or the lack of personality.

I guess that's it :3

I would agree, I don't like young ukes. I also don't like weak ukes either, there's nothing wrong with ukes being a little girly, but ones that are pushed around are a big turn off for me.

My turn-offs would be

1. the art

2. big hairy guys (light muscles okay. Not overly buff and I have problems with too much body hair)

3. extremely tall guys. probably over 185cm (I'm always left wondering "How low does he have to duck to get in doors/cars?" "Did he have his bed custom made?" "Where does he buy shoes his size?")

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...

1. Sex without feelings. (Let's add rape in here.)

2. Shota...(It's unsettling.)

3. Overly muscled characters. (Ew.)

4. Non-human character x Human character. (Blegh.)

5. Overly effeminate characters. (It would just feel like another shoujo manga.)

6. Hair...(With the exception of the brows and head hair, of course. Anywhere else is just gross.)

7. Sex toys.

8. Sad endings.

9. Poor and unimaginative plot.

10. Bad art!

11. Old men.

12. Obese.

i'm extremely turned off by rape/noncon. that's so much as a turn off as a NO WAY NEVER.

i'm not exactly a fan of glasses (sorry). i also like slim bodies better, muscles kinda scare me hahaha.

I think I'll revise my last post here (but I can't remember what I wrote exactly):

- Shota

- two young guys (as in just about legal) together

- really hairy men

- annoying characters

- bad art

- furries

- "water sports" and fetishes involving excrement

That's about it, I think.

Yaoi is nice but there is a thing such as 'Too Smutty' For me it needs to have a decent balance between Smutt and Plot otherwise it doesn't work for me. I guess that applies to RL as well.

I also have very little love for Furries, I'm sorry! This is not me trying to judge you in a any way if anyone here likes Furry. I just don't get turned on by it xD

• 2 weeks later...

In a somewhat decent order...

1. PWP

2. Non-con or Stockholm-syndrome or rape=falling in love, anything along those lines

3. Feminine looking/passing submissive roles... what's the point?

4. Happily Ever Afters (HEA)... HFN (Happy For Now) is much better/realistic

5. Realism in general. Most of the time, guys cannot have sex immediately twice in a row. Biological nuances like that.

1. hairy guys

2. character that don't look like their age or gender

3. very unrealistic dicks. i don't mind a hose as a sex toy but i can't help but to be scared when i see a hose between a guy's legs.

4. crybabies

5. urethral penetration (i didn't even know that something like this even exist until recently)

6. unrealistic positions ... i'm not even asking how did you manage to put 2 dicks in the poor guy's ass; i just want to know 2 big men can be so close together to put their dicks in a single hole!!!

7. when the seme is way smaller than the uke. all i can think about is whether the uke can even feel anything at all or not!

* yaoi hands ... it's not a turn off but after sometimes it can get a little annoying

1.hariness

2.overly sized muscles

3.suicidal or self harming-in a depressing way- Uke or Seme

4.extremely horny, im talking like cats who've been in heat for 10 years, ukes

5.unrealistic body parts(dicks, butt, chests). I mean, come on for one, that's fucking scary and two, someone can die.

• 5 weeks later...

6. unrealistic positions ... i'm not even asking how did you manage to put 2 dicks in the poor guy's ass; i just want to know 2 big men can be so close together to put their dicks in a single hole!!!

It is possible... I mean, physically possible, at least. I just think it would be really, really unconfortable for the Uke's ass

5. Realism in general. Most of the time, guys cannot have sex immediately twice in a row. Biological nuances like that.

Well, I'm not sure about wich kind of timespan is "immediately" for You, but twice, even three times with short intervals (3~5 minutes) is perfectly realistic. More then that, well, there are cases, but that will make the seme guy really, really exhausted.

Oh, btw, my turn offs:

Rape, of any kind, in any form. I mean, fake rape (or 'consensual rape simulation') is fine by me, sexy even. But the real thing, nope.

Shota-con... Well, I don't mind if it's something like 2 16 years old that clearly know what they are doing, but if one of them seems too naive to be doing that, it's a turn off for me.

Gore, Heavy bondage, water sports, excrements, necrophillia, bestiality are all off boundaries for me

Furry is not my thing, either, allthough there are some passable furry where the characters look almolst human.

Trap. It might sound like prejudice, and maybe it even is of sorts, but I find traps more fit for comic relief then for romantic scenes.

you mean when we're reading yaoi?

well.. ukes that looks like child. i feel like a pedo. eww

rape, violence.. non-con in general.

and ukes that cry and whining too much. aff. if you don't want it then go away!

This exactly.

Plus girly ukes. It`s only nice if they both look and behave as dudes. That`s why it`s BL ;)

I like muscles, especially some ab muscle turns me on like crazy!!!! But I can't stand tooooo much muscles like you see on body builders and such.

I'm fine with shota, but if the artist draw them too feminine, it's just not Yaoi anymore. Fortunately I can just turn to my heterosexual mode.

I also hate the stereotypical whiny weak beautiful uke. Notthat a man can't show any weakness, but I prefer some personalities beyond just the little uke of the strong and powerful seme.

• 4 weeks later...

shotas. I haven't really read any, if I see a kid, I usually move on to something else. Ball gags and harnesses(?). I like ropes, but the leather stuff creeps me out and I get nothing.

Turn offs.... hmm....

To be frank, I can't say I have any. I guess the closest thing is bad art. Sorry, but if the art is bad, or doesn't look right, I won't read it.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I like shota (*dodges thrown rocks and rotten vedgetables*), but I hate Po-Ju. His characters all look like exaggerated girls, like they are based off women from 1920's magazine ads, and then their proportions are all wonky...

I dislike reading anything where the proportions make no sense. It outright troubles me.

-pregnant boys, like wtf?

-aliens, orcs, any non-humans

-bara, i dont like overly muscled men

-too realistic rape. IMO most of stories are somewhat forced, but if it becomes too realistic it is a turn off.

-childxchild

-stockholm syndrome- when hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors