[Sosuke0549 & BlaqueCatt]

BlaqueCatt

Yoru felt a wave of relief wash over him when Kabuto nodded, his hold on the young man tightening. He closed his eyes as Kabuto screamed, the sound like a knife through the heart, and grit his teeth as waves of dark magic flooded into him. He remained completely still, cradling Kabuto in his arms as he absorbed the human's pain. Once all of the dark magic had left Kabuto's body and the young Magi had fallen unconscious, Yoru's barrier fell. The nephilim took a shuddering breath, reigning in all of the negativity that was now coiled within him, and opened his eyes. He stood up shakily, Kabuto still in his arms, and turned to face the professors. His mismatched eyes narrowed at the sight of the headmaster, and he flared his wings in warning, curling his arms protectively around Kabuto. The man was emanating great magical power, and Yoru, struggling with controlling both his emotions and his magic, couldn't help but be protective towards Kabuto, especially after what he had seen while inside the young man's mind. "He is fine now," he said, staring straight into the headmaster's eyes, as if daring him to step forward. The nephilim would only let his guard down once he was sure that Kabuto was safe.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• Sosuke0549

The headmaster was unfazed by Yoru. He stood his ground, unwavering. "I see that, it appears that we are in your debt, however, we will be taking the boy. It is important that we check his vitals in the nurses office as well as contact his parents...For the safety of our students, he will need to be re-evaluated."The headmaster's eyes fell on Kabuto. It was hard to read the old mans expressions, since he hide them so well. "I ask that you cooperate , considering that you should not be on this campus in the first place and you snuk your way in posting as a teacher...I'm willing to over look your treason if you allow him to rest in the nurses office......I will even allow you to remain by his side if you wish." All eyes were on Yoru, many of the teachers struggled to hide the fear in there eyes. They were terrified of Kabuto...he had almost become a dark Magi after all. If Kabuto was going to be "re-evaluated" then there was a chance he would be expelled from the Academy. He was now more of a threat then a promising young Magi and if he wasn't expelled, there was a high chance Kabuto would face more rejection from his teachers and peers than ever before. As of now, Kabuto's fate was uncertain.

"I see that, it appears that we are in your debt, however, we will be taking the boy. It is important that we check his vitals in the nurse's office as well as contact his parents...For the safety of our students, he will need to be re-evaluated. I ask that you cooperate, considering that you should not be on this campus in the first place and you snuck your way in posing as a teacher...I'm willing to over look your treason if you allow him to rest in the nurses office...I will even allow you to remain by his side if you wish."

The nephilim visibly stiffened at the headmaster's words, but he forced himself to relax, lowering his wings and assuming a nonthreatening stance. Although Yoru's demonic side was urging him to attack the headmaster and keep Kabuto to himself, his angelic side was just barely managing to reign in his darker half. "Very well," he replied coldly, though he made no move to hand Kabuto over. "I will take him to the infirmary." Yoru was unconcerned about the headmaster's words in regard to himself; he felt no shame in having posed as a teacher, though he was upset at the fact that it ended up hurting Kabuto, and he would have stayed by Kabuto's side whether the headmaster had allowed it or not. He was, however, concerned with Kabuto's fate.

Yoru gave the headmaster and the professors one final glare before carrying Kabuto to the infirmary, his wings tucked behind him. He may have taken on his human form for Kabuto's sake, but he still wanted those around them to know what he was, as the fear he instilled in them would help him keep Kabuto safe, at least in his eyes, what with how overprotective he was at the moment. He walked right past the nurse as soon as he entered the infirmary, ignoring her shocked gasp, and laid Kabuto on one of the hospital beds. Once the young Magi was settled, he stood next to the bed with his arm crossed over his chest.

"I will take him to the infirmary."[/Quote]

The headmaster sighed softly before slowly stepping aside, allowing Yoru to pass. "I see no problem with that. " When Yoru glared at him before leaving, the old man only smiled, while the other professors hung there heads avoiding eye-contact. The only sound that could be heard was Yoru's footsteps, as he walked down the hallway with Kabuto still unconscious in his arms. There was no telling when he would wake up.

Once they were gone the professors let out a sigh, not realizing they were holding there breaths in Yoru's presence. They were all extremely intimidated by the Nephilim. "Professor's, will you please follow me to my office, we have a urgent matter to discuss."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Kabuto is a student we have never seen before, I blame oursleves for letting this situation occur. "

"That's not entirely true...he could of came to one of us..any of us...he allowed himself to be consumed by dark magic. "

"I don't care about the blame! Blame is not the problem here! We have a student who is above all the rest with huge amounts of magic that almost became a dark Magi right before our very eyes! On our campus! And we couldn't do a thing to stop him! We put our students in danger, as well as ourselves. I vote Kabuto Akiyama be expelled from this Academy! Effective immediately!

"Mr.Kaname! You can't be serious!

"Completely. We can't put one students value over the rest. No matter how much magic or potential they have. He is a danger to everyone around him, and I refuse to be his teacher, let alone have him in my classroom. "

"T-thats absurd! Kabuto isn't the first student who was close to becoming a dark magi. And we never expelled them--"

"HE ISNT LIKE MOST STUDENTS! Wake up and open your eyes! Stop treating him like he's normal! Don't act like your not afraid of him. "

"Enough....everyone calm down.. " The headmaster sighed, scratching his head.

"Mr. Kiroto...you've been awfully quiet..what is your say on the matter. "

" Frankly...I agree with Mr.Kaname. We can not treat Kabuto Akiyama like other students and we can't put one students value over the rest. I know that if that Nephilim wasn't here to stop Kabuto's transformation I have no doubt in my mind that we wouldn't have been able to stop him. We could of very well had a massacre on our hands...That dark magic...was like nothing I've ever felt before...I am not ashamed to admit that I am terrified of Kabuto...and I personally have no desire to keep him as my student. I vote we expell him. "

"Ms.Asuna..."

"I...I want to help him...I feel like if we expell him we are abandoning him...However, as a teacher and a professor at this Academy. I have to agree that we can't treat Kabuto like everyone else...I'm...unsure if I would be able to have him in my classroom again.. Without fearing for the safety of myself and students...I want there to be another option other then explosion. "

"Mr. Isaac..."

"I agree with Ms.Asuna...There has to be another way..Expelling him is only a way to cover our asses, he clearly needs guidance."

"I see...I have heard all of your thoughts and opinions on the matter concerning Kabuto Akiyama...Thank you for your honesty. I believe I have made my decision. "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[ 3 hours later ]

Kabuto stirred, his eyes slowly opening.

Where am I?...

He groaned, feeling extremely exhausted mentally and physically. He hadn't forgotten what happened, though...He has almost turned into a dark Magi...but Yoru stepped in...Yoru saved his life.."Shit...my head is killing me." He muttered under his breath, struggling to sit up.

Yoru gradually relaxed as time passed and he and Kabuto were left alone. The nurse excused herself after examining Kabuto, not wanting to be in the presence of an overprotective nephilim for any longer than she had to, and once she was gone Yoru had taken a seat at the foot of Kabuto's bed, watching him sleep with a worried expression on his face. He had no idea when kabuto would wake up, and the young Magi's fate, at least as far as the academy was concerned, was not in his hands. He felt completely and utterly helpless. I can protect him from physical injury, but not from whatever decision the headmaster makes. There is nothing more that I can do for him now, except stay with him.

Three hours passed before Kabuto regained consciousness. Yoru was on high alert the instant the human stirred, and he gently helped Kabuto into a sitting position, knowing that the stubborn young Magi would refuse to lay back down. "Relax, Kabuto," he murmured, his voice gentle. "You are still very weak." He kept a hand on Kabuto's back to steady him once he was upright. "Do you want me to summon the nurse?"

When Kabuto awoke he was surprised to see that Yoru was by his side. How long had he been there? How long was he out? The Nephilim helped him up into a sitting position.

"Relax, Kabuto, You are still very weak."[/Quote]

" I feel like shit..." He muttered.

"Do you want me to summon the nurse?"[/Quote]

He shook his head. "No..." His eyes fell on the other, his tone softing, but he still had that irritated look on his face. "So you know now...the truth..." He hung his head, staring off in the distance. " Don't expect another thank you...I already said it once." He crossed his arms, looking away. A few minutes passed of awkward silence before there was a knock on the door. In walked the head master, wearing his robe and hat. He walked towarded Kabuto, stopping at his bed side.

"I'm glad to see you've regained conscious and are awake. How are you feeling?"

"I'd be lying if I said I felt great. "

"We thought we almost lost you. With out the assistance of your friend, you would of transformed into a dark Magi. "

"I know, I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused you. Have you come to expel me head master? That was Kabuto, always straight to the point. The head master sighed, glancing at Yoru before crossing his arms in front of him. "Kabuto...you are a exceptional student, however we can not treat you like everyone else do to your enormous amounts of magical power. After much debate, I have no choice but you expel you from this Academy. We can not trust that this won't happen again, and as the head master of this school, I must think of every students safety. I hope you understand. Your parents are on there way to retrieve you. " Kabuto's eyes widened slightly hearing that his parents were coming. They would most likely punish him.

"...I...I understand...."

I figured they'd expel me..but...what do I do...I don't wanna go back there...not with my parents! And...what about...Yoru.

"No...So you know now...the truth...Don't expect another thank you...I already said it once."

Yoru opened his mouth to respond, but was interrupted by the headmaster opening the door to the infirmary. The nephilim stiffened, subconsciously moving closer to Kabuto as he looked up at the headmaster from his place on the bed.

"Kabuto...you are a exceptional student, however we can not treat you like everyone else do to your enormous amounts of magical power. After much debate, I have no choice but you expel you from this Academy. We can not trust that this won't happen again, and as the head master of this school, I must think of every students safety. I hope you understand. Your parents are on there way to retrieve you."

An icy claw gripped Yoru's heart upon hearing the headmaster's words. Not only was Kabuto being expelled, but his horrible parents were coming to take him back to that house filled with painful memories. Yoru stood abruptly, fixing the headmaster with a cold yet determined stare. "I refuse to allow those people near Kabuto ever again," he stated bluntly, stepping between the headmaster and Kabuto's hospital bed. "If Kabuto is to be expelled, then he will come with me." His righteous angelic side was dominant at this moment, and his silver eye glowed brightly as a protective aura flared around him, now mostly white with black flecks rather than the black with white flecks that appeared when his demonic side was in charge.

"Those humans do not deserve to be parents, and they do not deserve such a beautiful person as Kabuto as their son. I was an angel once, and I tell you know that if I see them, I will smite them. You will allow Kabuto and I to leave peacefully, or you with face the wrath of Heaven." Yoru's expression was deadly serious.

At this point, Kabuto was at a loss. He was being expelled from school and sent back home. Would there even be another school willing to take him? If he couldn't graduate ....then could he ever really be consider a Magi.

"I refuse to allow those people near Kabuto ever again," [/Quote]

Kabuto's eyes widened at Yoru's sudden outburst. He was normally so calm and collected, where was all this hostility coming from? "Excuse me?" The headmaster said, almost challenging him. How dare he intervene on this matter!

"Yoru! What are yo--!"

"If Kabuto is to be expelled, then he will come with me."[/Quote]

Was Yoru out of his mind! Kabuto stared up at the other, confused. Why was he acting like this? This was a side to Yoru he had never seen before. Kabuto couldn't help but notice the magic radiating from the Nephilim. He was really upset...far more upset then Kabuto was." Yoru! Its fine- clam down--"

"Those humans do not deserve to be parents, and they do not deserve such a beautiful person as Kabuto as their son. I was an angel once, and I tell you know that if I see them, I will smite them. You will allow Kabuto and I to leave peacefully, or you with face the wrath of Heaven."[/Quote]

"STOP!" Kabuto shouted, quickly grabbing onto Yoru's shirt. His hand was slightly shaking in fear. Yoru's expression sent chills down his spine...he wasn't joking...

The headmaster was on guard, no longer trusting the Nephilim after such a threat and the last thing he wanted was to get into a fight with Yoru.

"J-just....stop..." His voice broke as he released Yoru's shirt and tried to stop himself from shaking. "Yoru...I appreciate you fighting for me..but you don't have a say in this and you threating the head master only proves further that I'm more trouble than I'm worth....I'm being exspelled...and with no where else to go, I have to return home...and home...is with my parents.....There my parents Yoru...I don't know how else to explain it...Even if I'm old enough to legally be on my own...I don't have the means..."

The headmaster sighed softly, clearing his throat. "Your parents are on there way here but...technically I can't force you to wait for them. You are 18...its procedure to contact parents when something happens to there child, but...judging by the your mood and the Nephilim's tempter, I'm guessing you don't get along with them." He turned to Yoru, looking very serious. " If Kabuto wants to go with you...so be it....however...I suggest you watch your tempter. I have been nothing but kind and helpful to you, looking over your previous actions, but threating me is were I draw the line. You use to be a Angel....your not anymore. You may be powerful but you do not deserve my respect. So don't you ever threaten me..."

He glared, no longer showing any remorse for Yoru. If they ended up fighting...the battle could easily put everyone's life in danger. The fact that Yoru cared only about Kabuto and not other humans really pissed him off. "Headmaster...thank you...I'm truly sorry for the trouble I caused you and this school...Yoru and I will leave imminently, is it ok if I leave some of my stuff in my dorm room and return later to get it. "

"... Very well... " He muttered, turning to leave. "I image your parents are still a few hours away, I wish you the best of luck Kabuto. Take care....if you'll excuse me. " The old man left, leaving Yoru and Kabuto alone again. The younger male sighed heavily and slowly struggled to get out of bed, his body so exhausted that he could hardly stand.

" I guess there's no getting rid of you now. " He muttered with a small smirk on his face. "... You know...he's right...about your temper...it kinda...threw me off guard...I guess we both are pretty broken....."

"STOP!"

Yoru froze when Kabuto shouted, the young man's voice cutting through the righteous anger that had consumed him. He looked down at Kabuto with wide eyes as the young Magi grabbed onto his shirt, taking in the sight of his shaking hands with a sinking feeling. What have I done? "Kabuto...I-"

"J-just...stop..."

Yoru's mouth snapped shut and he fell silent, staring at Kabuto with remorse clear in his mismatched eyes.

"Yoru...I appreciate you fighting for me...but you don't have a say in this and you threatening the headmaster only proves further that I'm more trouble than I'm worth...I'm being expelled...and with no where else to go, I have to return home...and home...is with my parents...They're my parents Yoru...I don't know how else to explain it...Even if I'm old enough to legally be on my own...I don't have the means..."

The nephilim went to respond but was interrupted by the headmaster.

"Your parents are on their way here but...technically I can't force you to wait for them. You are 18...it's procedure to contact parents when something happens to their child, but...judging by the your mood and the nephilim's temper, I'm guessing you don't get along with them. If Kabuto wants to go with you...so be it...however...I suggest you watch your temper. I have been nothing but kind and helpful to you, looking over your previous actions, but threatening me is were I draw the line. You use to be a Angel...you're not anymore. You may be powerful but you do not deserve my respect. So don't you ever threaten me..."

The first thing that Yoru felt was relief at the fact that the school couldn't force Kabuto to return home with his parents. The second thing he felt was guilt, followed by disbelief. "I deeply apologize for my behavior, but you are acting as though you have no idea what angels are like." He fixed the headmaster with a pointed stare. "If you thought my reaction was unsightly, then be glad I am no longer an angel. A true angel would have killed them without a moment's hesitation." That went against everything humans learned about angels, sounding more like how one would describe a demon. "Though demons kill for pleasure and angels kill for justice, they kill just the same. They are not human, and therefore they cannot comprehend human emotion. I fell because I showed empathy, because I acted like a human, and the angels thought that was wrong. If humans, or other angels, do not act exactly as they are supposed to, they are killed, or transformed into demons. As a nephilim, I am more human than either demons or angels. Although, in many ways, demons are more human than angels." Yoru was more greatly attached to Kabuto than other humans, but it was his angel half that had caused him to act in such a way. While his two halves were balanced, Yoru did not want to hurt anyone unless it was absolutely necessary, and wanted nothing more than to help those he could. It had been the same while he was a demon, although he had been more emotionally detached during that time.

Yoru fell silent after his ominous speech, allowing Kabuto and the headmaster to speak to each other. Once the headmaster was gone, Yoru turned around to help Kabuto get out of bed.

"I guess there's no getting rid of you now...You know...he's right...about your temper...it kinda...threw me off guard...I guess we both are pretty broken..."

The nephilim sighed, wrapping an arm around Kabuto's waist to keep him steady. "I am so sorry you had to see that, Kabuto. Unfortunately, that is how angels behave. That is how I once was, when I was Hirofumi. It wasn't until I met the dark magi I was assigned to kill that I began to become more human. I bonded with him, and wanted to save him. I was supposed to kill him, but I refused to do so. The angels threw me out of heaven, and I became a demon. My human emotions were allowed to develop more while I was a demon, but the darkness within me prevented me from becoming truly human. Meeting Asahi, and meeting you, brought me closer to humanity. It was you, however, who helped me to find balance between my demonic power and angelic grace. You helped me become human, Kabuto, or as close to human as I can be. For that I am eternally grateful." He smiled warmly at the young Magi. "And you are not broken. You never were."

• 2 weeks later...

Kabuto didn't bother resisting Yoru's help. He allowed the Nephilim to help him out of bed, keeping his head low. He listened to the others words and was a little touched by them. Not only did Yoru apologize but he also thanked him. After a moment he was able to stand. He was a little wobbly but Kabuto didn't want to ask Yoru for help, let alone rely on him for support to walk. Yoru warmly smiled at him, ending his speech with

"And you are not broken. You never were."[/Quote]

Kabuto bit his lip, avoiding eye-contact with the other. He felt his cheeks turn pink. Why did he feel so touched and yet slightly embarrassed? He covered his face sighing. "I don't know about that but...........thanks..." He muttered, taking a long pause. It seemed like apologizing was Kabuto's kryptonite. He stumbled a little but kept close to the wall so he could use it to support himself, already leaving the school infirmary. "Come on...I gotta grab some stuff from my dorm. "

As Kabuto approached his dorm room he was surprised to see Haru sitting in front of it. His classmate quickly stood when he saw him and before Kabuto could protest he felt Haru's arms embrace him in a tight hug. "Ahh! Haru- ...get off me.." Haru slowly did as he was told. His eyes red and watery. Had he been crying? How long was he sitting there waiting for him. "S-sorry..."

If Yoru listened closely he might be surprised by Haru's voice. He sounded very similar to Ichiru! Not to mention had some unbelievable similarities. This was probably why Kaubto pushed Haru away so much and didn't want to befriend him in the beginning. Because Haru sounded so much like his brother and was fascinated with demons. Haru lightly bowed to Yoru, taking a moment to thank him for saving Kabuto. Kabuto rolled his eyes at Haru's kind gesture, blushing lightly. " It wasn't a big deal...sheesh...Why are you here anyway? " He muttered, assuming that all of his classmates were afraid of him now. "I..wanted to make sure you and Yoru were ok..." Kabuto crossed his arms awkwardly looking slightly touched but was uncomfortable by Haru being so nice. So this is what it was like havibg a real friend.

"Define...alright?" He whispered. He sighed briefing his friend on what happened. How he was expelled and honestly had no place to go. "If you have no place to go- then why don't you stay with me!" The other Magi jumped, looking hopeful and eager to help his friend. "You could stay with my family! They would love to meet you! We have plenty of room in our manner. "

"I'd feel weird staying at your house with your parents...plus...I was thinking something smaller..." In all honestly Kabuto didn't want to be in a mansion again, since it would only bring up bad memories, he always felt so alone in those big houses, and Kabuto didn't want to meet Haru's parents...let alone live with them. They were no doubt going to be loving and caring...and he didn't want to see and receive something he had missed out on all his life and childhood.

" Oh.....I see....um-" Haru thought for a moment, getting a sudden idea.

"Oh! What about my old apartment! Its on the outskirts of Tokyo, its average size, nothing luxurious however. I had to stay there when I was going to another school and waiting to get accepted here. It should still be as I left it...And you wouldn't have to worry about rent and I can have your things sent to you this weekend. What do you say? "

Kabuto crossed his arms, unsure if he should take the offer. It was exactly what he was looking for but...to accept Haru's help...hurt his pride a little bit. He glanced at Yoru, remembering all he taught him. It was ok to be weak sometimes...and accept help when you needed it. "Fine..thanks...but I don't wanna rely on you too much...I'll get a job and pay for rent and food. " Haru smiled, impressed by how stubborn Kabuto was.

"That's not necessary Kabuto...would it kill you just to accept my help? Let me help you..." He said softly, and with a kind smile. Kabuto frowned, moving past his friend and entering his dorm room. "Whatever. " He muttered, already packing his things and grabbing mostly clothes and hygiene.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kabuto stood in front of Haru's apartment. It was nice but nothing too fancy. His room was on the fourth floor, the top floor, and at the very end of the hall. It had taken Yoru and him about ten hours to get there by train, hopefully his parents would never find him being this far away from home. He unlocked the door, his hand resting on the door handle....but....Kabuto just stood there not moving. Only when Yoru spoke to him did he speak.

"... I was just thinking...realizing that the life I had before...is gone now...I'm sad...and yet....I'm not..." He faintly smiled back at the other before going inside.

• 2 weeks later...

[sorry for the wait, I've been busy with college >.

Yoru followed Kabuto out of the infirmary, sticking close to his side so he could catch the young Magi if he stumbled. He was tempted to wrap an arm around Kabuto's waist to steady him, but knowing how prideful the boy was, he restrained himself.

The nephilim was not surprised to see Haru waiting outside of Kabuto's room, and he gave the other human a grateful smile, pleased that he had stayed by Kabuto's side even after all this time. He's so similar to Ichiru, it's no wonder why Kabuto tried to avoid him.

"Oh! What about my old apartment! Its on the outskirts of Tokyo, it's average size, nothing luxurious however. I had to stay there when I was going to another school and waiting to get accepted here. It should still be as I left it...And you wouldn't have to worry about rent and I can have your things sent to you this weekend. What do you say?"

Yoru hadn't been too worried about acquiring a place for Kabuto to live, what with his magic, but Haru's suggestion was perfect. They would be far away from the academy and from Kabuto's parents, and Haru would be able to visit them. He didn't want Kabuto to go back to his old antisocial self, after all.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea," he said. He would also find a job if necessary.

Almost half a day later, Yoru and Kabuto were standing outside of their new apartment building. The nephilim thought it was quaint, and had no problems with it. He was slightly concerned, however, when Kabuto made no move to open the door. "Kabuto?"

"...I was just thinking...realizing that the life I had before...is gone now...I'm sad...and yet....I'm not..."

Yoru blinked, watching in surprise as the young man smiled at him before going inside. He quickly gathered himself and followed. "That is understandable. Change is difficult, although I believe it was for the best."

• 1 month later...

The apartment was small as Haru said but for Kabuto he couldn't feel more safe. He walked down the very short and narrow hallway, taking off his shoes. The hallway lead straight to the living room and an open kitchen. The living area had a small tv and couch, as well as a empty bookshelf and a two seated table for eating. Next to the kichen was a door that lead you to the bedroom, which only had a single bed and small closest and lastly there was one final door that lead you to a bathroom. It was practically empty inside, and it was clear no one was living there, not even the bed had sheets on it and there was a thin layer of dust on everything.

When Kabuto finished exploring and setting his things down, he took a seat on the couch, heaving a heavy sigh. "..Tomorrow..do you wanna go practice...after everything that's happened..I...-- He bit his lip, losing his train of thought.

".....Hey..Yoru..Be honest...what do you think of me?" He muttered, staring down at the floor, a tired and sad look on his face.

"Its not like I care what people think...but...I care what you think about me... " Kabuto glanced at the niplhilm wishing he could read his thoughts. For once he wasn't sure of what direction he was heading in life. And that scared him.

• Saga locked this topic