[Sosuke0549 & BlaqueCatt]

BlaqueCatt

a3c216ad93e0429ae53db18e3a054776--aoba-johsai-oikawa-tooru.jpg

Name: Kabuto Akiyama

Postion: Seme

Height: 6ft

Weight: 190

Like(s): Classical music, running, reading , Outdoor activists , killing demons.

Dislike(s): School, weaklings, beggers, sweets, kids, and animals.

Personality: Cocky and egotistical. He's often rude and painfully blunt. He doesn't care for other peoples feelings.

Past: Kabutos Mother and Father are popular/wealthy and skilled Magi's. He has been given everything he could ever want when it comes to money and objects but he never really got any love growing up. His parents live in there own little world and were never there for him growing up and even tho he has excelled in almost anything and everything. He still feels like his parents will never notice him.

Abilities/Information :

There is an organization of humans whose purpose is to protect the world from supernatural creatures. These people have great spiritual powers that allow them to fight the supernatural creatures, particularly demons. They are called Magi's. Kabuto is a protege, who has mastered almost all the spiritual arts - except for summoning. A large percentage of Magi's can only master one or two spiritual arts and then there are the rare few that have master 3 or 4. Kabuto is aiming to be the first ever Magi to master all 8 of the spiritual arts, something that has never been done before. He is determined to master summoning, in which a person uses a blood ritual and symbol to call a creature forth from the spirit world and bind it to their will. Some summoners form close bonds with their creatures, but most treat them as slaves. When Kabuto first tries to summon a powerful creature, it is a success....However, the creature does not obey him, ignoring any and all of his orders and for some reason he refuses to leave, and Kabuto can't banish him back to the spirit world.

hJCbDa5_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

The only thing left Kabuto needs to master is conjuration.

Yoru

Kotengu (Karasu-Tengu)

Human Form

2i92zgk.jpg

Crow Form

m93n5v.jpg

True Form

2uglb9i.jpg

Yoru sat in a black leather armchair. His right leg was crossed over his left at the knee, and in his lap was an old book with a blank black cover and yellowed pages. Across from him was a fireplace made of polished black marble, and the flames that burned within were purple, letting off a strange black light. A rectangular black rug occupied the space between the armchair and the fireplace, and to the right of the armchair there was a small circular side table made of ebony wood, on top of which rested a white teacup and saucer. Yoru turned a page in his book with his left hand and reached for the teacup with his right, bringing the teacup up to his sharp, black beak and taking a small sip. Just as he was about to put the teacup back onto the saucer, he felt a sudden tugging in his chest, as if someone was calling to him.

The demon paused for a moment, then set his teacup down and closed his book. He placed the book on the side table next to the teacup and saucer, then stood. He glanced around with his bright yellow eyes, taking in the vast darkness that surrounded his little faux-living room. There was nothing there but him, the armchair, the fireplace, the rug, the side table, the teacup and saucer, and the book. Someone is summoning me. He lifted his right hand and snapped his fingers. All of the furniture instantly vanished, leaving him standing alone in a sea of blackness. I have not been summoned in a very long time, he mused, beginning to walk in a seemingly random direction. Time was meaningless there, but eventually he came to a tear in the darkness, out of which shone a bright, blinding white light.

Yoru took a moment to compose himself before stepping forward.

In one of the many conjuration classrooms at the Magi Academy, the sigil drawn onto the wooden floor with white chalk turned black. A tear appeared above the sigil, showing nothing more than empty darkness. Then, suddenly, something stepped through the tear and into the classroom. It was a man, or at least, mostly a man. The creature had a man's body and was dressed in black trousers, a white button-up, a black suit jacket, a black tie, and shiny black dress shoes. Its left hand was inside its pocket, and the palm of its right hand rested atop a black cane, the head of which was shaped like a crow's. Its own head, too, was shaped like a crow's; in fact, it was a crow's. The creature had a crow's head, which was adorned with sleek black feathers, a long, sharp black beak, and bright yellow eyes.

The demon scanned the room with a sort of passive interest, taking in the shocked and fearful expressions on the students' faces. Even the professor was gaping, unable to believe that one of her students had managed to summon a Kotengu, specifically a Karasu-Tengu. They were incredibly powerful demons, so powerful in fact that they were often classified as minor gods. Once Yoru was satisfied with his assessment of the classroom and its inhabitants, he set his gaze on the young man standing in front of him, who had blood dripping from his hand. The crow demon tilted his head slightly before positioning his cane in front of him and placing both pale hands on the head. He stared the young man down for a moment before asking, "Who has summoned me?" His voice boomed, waves of power shaking the entire building. A few of the students gasped.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• Sosuke0549

Kabuto leaned against his desk as he waited patiently to be called up to attempt a conjuration. Out of the 22 students in his particular Advanced class only 3 were able to summon creatures or demons. He crossed his arms, rolling his eyes as he watched another student fail at a simple conjuration circle. Pathetic...his circle is not to scale not to mention his hand scripture is horrendous. He thought to himself. Mrs.Gray, quickly stopped the student in order to correct him however to no avail since he failed at the conjuration spell. Kabuto was called up next.

"Kabuto Akiyama... Please step forward and begin your circle. "

"Alright."

"Tch..jerk. "

"I hope he fails like the rest of us. "

"Cocky asshole. "

"Kiss ass. "

Kabuto obviously heard his classmates comments, but he didn't even bother to knowledge the garbage he was surround by. Everyone at this school was beneath him, and he'd prove it, by being the first ever Magi in history to master all eight spiritual circles. Today was the day he would make a name for himself permanently.

"Do you know what you'll be summoning today?" His teacher asked him, as she wrote some words down on her clip board.

"Not exactly, but I'm going to summon a S rank demon. "

The teacher was taken aback by Kabuto's statement.

"Mr. Akiyama. Thats very bold but...perhaps you should try to summon something more obtainable. The only people to ever summon a S rank demon was Master Cross and the creator of Conjuration Magic. "

"Uh huh... "

He muttered as he began drawing out the magic circle. Mrs. Gray was slightly irritated.

"Akiyama...I highly suggest you conjure something smaller. "

"Mrs.Gray, Please be quiet. I need to concentrate. I heard your suggestion. Clearly I'm ignoring you. "

Kabuto finished drawing out his circle and bit into his thumb, blood dripping from his skin as he began to chant a spell in a urban forgotten language. S rank demon could be considered mini gods because they were so powerful and difficult to control. The weakest demon was a level E.

Ranking was set up accordingly from weakest to strongest.

Level E: Small spirts that don't have a physical form. These demon are often harmless but cause humans to feel depression , anger, sadness and loneliness.

Level D: Demons that have physical forms but lack the ability to reveal themselves to humans. They often play pranks on unsuspecting people. They created "bad luck. " Feeding on human emtion.

Level C: Demons that can posses humans. Feeding on the human soul.

Level B: Demons that can only posses but have a physical form and have lower demons bend to there will. They feed on the human soul.

Level A: Demons that can do everything a B can but can often shape shift and feed on human flesh.

Level S: The most powerful demons. They can do everything a A can but are far more powerful, and have the ability to posses Magi's. They can even alter a person's body that they posses and turn them into monsters. They also have the ability to command lower level demons. They are considered to be Fallen Angels.

The sigil that was drawn on the floor turned to black as a terrifying tear appeared above the magic circle. To everyone's surprise a creature started to emerge from the tear in space, a demon that was half bird and half man. When the spell was complete the demon stood in front of the class, his eyes scanning the room. It was required for Magi's to bow to the creatures they summoned, in order to show respect, however Kabuto stood before the creature, both feet firmly planted on the ground and a smirk on his handsome face. He couldn't believe his eyes! He had summoned a S ranked demon, and an Karasu-Tengu no less!!

Be glanced at his classmates, all of them gasping and trembling in fear, Mrs. Gray had the most amusing face, she was completely dumbfounded.

I did it!! I'm fucking better than everyone!!! I'm the most powerful Magi that ever lived!!

Kabuto couldn't keep himself from smiling as he stared at the demon. When the crow demon met his gaze, he tilted his head slightly fiddling with his cane.

"Who has summoned me?" [/Quote]

His voice boomed, waves of power shaking the entire building. He was extremely powerful!!! Kabuto spoke up, not a hint of fear or nervous in his voice, in fact it was firm and demanding.

" Your looking at him. Using my magic and my blood I summoned you to this realm, My name is Kabuto Akiyama and I'm your new master!"

His eyes glinced with determination.

{Oh my god I love Kabuto xD}

If Yoru had had eyebrows, he would have raised one at the tone that the human boy in front of him spoke to him with. The demon blinked, staring at Kabuto with his beady yellow eyes for a moment, taking in the human’s cocky smirk, confident stance, glinting eyes, and determined voice. Instead of submitting to the boy, however, he seemingly rolled his eyes, or did whatever the equivalent was for birds. The first one strong enough to summon me in centuries is this? The crow-man picked up his cane with his right hand and walked forward, his steps slow and evenly paced. With each step, the ground beneath his feet shook, and he left black, shadowy footprints in his wake. He stopped directly in front of Kabuto and leaned down so that they were at eye level, as he was a good five inches taller than the human. Once their eyes met, he spoke, his voice softer but still filled with raw power, “You are not worthy to be my master.” Yoru straightened up and turned away from the brunette, making his way over to the professor’s desk. “I apologize for giving you all such a fright,” he told her. With that said he walked over to the door and exited the classroom, heading down one of the many hallways of the Magi Academy. He may have been bound to the boy, but he would not obey him. Unfortunately I cannot go far from him due to our spiritual link, but I may as well see what has changed on Earth while I have been away. The last time he had been summoned was in the early 1800s, when he had served a British nobleman.

Kabuto couldn't have been more happy than he was right now. To think his magic was strong enough to summon a S rank demon at the age of 18! Sometimes he amazed himself. When the demon stepped toward him he slightly stummbed , not expecting the ground beneath him to shake with each step.

The Tengu stopped directly in front of him and to his surprise leaned down to him meet his gaze.

“You are not worthy to be my master.”[/Quote]

Kabuto stared blankly at the other , his smile slowly fading as he processed what the crow had said to him. w...what...?

He turned away from him apologizing to his professor and exited the classroom. For a moment Kabuto was in shock. Had the demon he summoned...really reject him? But why?! He was perfect! He was powerful!! Why...why wasn't he worthy!!!

The young protege snapped out of it when the teacher cleared her throat.

"Class....take this as a learning lesson. No matter how powerful you think you are and no matter want rank level demon you can summon, it doesn't determine if you have the skill to control them. "

Kabuto didn't even bother responding to her.

"Mr. Akiyama. Are you alright? "

The teacher was surprised that the boy was still standing after using such an enormous amount of magic.

Without saying anything Kabuto ran out of the classroom in rage. He spotted the demon at the end of the wall way, and shouted after him.

"HEY!!! HOW DARE YOU SAY IM NOT WORTHY!! YOUR NOTHING BUT A TOOL!! A filthy demon! I...I...m"

His vision began to blur and his world around him started to spin.

"w...worthy...w-What's...hap...pe...n..in...g..."

Kabuto suddenly collapsed on the floor, summoning Yoru had taken a lot of his energy, stamina, and magic from him...it was remarkable that the boy had stayed conscious this long with out collapsing.

Yoru paused, already halfway down the hallway, when he heard Kabuto's voice. "HEY!!! HOW DARE YOU SAY IM NOT WORTHY!! YOUR NOTHING BUT A TOOL!! A filthy demon!" The crow demon let out a quiet sigh, shaking his head in exasperation. Children these days... Yoru had never liked children, especially bratty ones like the one who had summoned him. "This is why you are not worthy," he began, turning around to face the young man. He was prepared to give the human a proper lecture, but stopped short when he saw the state that Kabuto was in."I...I...m...w...worthy...w-What's...hap...pe...n..in...g..." The young man suddenly collapsed onto the floor with a loud thud, the sound echoing through the spacious hallways. Yoru blinked, not at all surprised by what had just happened. It was a wonder that the human hadn't fainted sooner, what with how much magical energy he had used in order to summon the Karasu-Tengu. "Humans are so fragile," Yoru muttered to himself as he approached the young man. He went down on one knee next to the boy, his cane vanishing in a plume of black smoke as he carefully lifted the human into his arms. He stood with Kabuto in his arms and carried him bridal-style down the hallway, keeping an eye out for an infirmary of some sort. He passed by the open doors of multiple classrooms, teachers and students alike staring in shock at the odd scene before them. Despite being a demon, Yoru wasn't cruel, and if something happened to the human he was bound to, then he himself would also suffer. It was best to make sure that the boy was all right.

Eventually, Yoru found the academy's infirmary, having gone down several flights of stairs in order to reach it. He opened the door with his magic and stepped inside, almost giving the poor nurse a heart attack. She shot up out of her chair and took on a defensive stance. "H-how did a demon make it past the wards?" she demanded, her voice shaking. Yoru set Kabuto down on one of the hospital beds before replying. "This young man summoned me and fainted after using a great amount of magical energy. Please look after him." The nurse stared after the crow demon as he walked out of the room, his cane reappearing in his hand the same way it had vanished. Once he was gone, she shut the door before making her way over to Kabuto. She laid his head on the pillow and pulled the blankets over him, then went over to the sink in the corner of the room. She wet a washcloth with cold water and wrung it out, then went back to Kabuto and placed the washcloth on his head. She then returned to her desk and sat down; there wasn't much else she could do until he woke up.

Meanwhile, Yoru was exploring the school, twirling his cane in his right hand as he did so. So much has changed in the time I have been gone, he thought, taking in the new clothing styles and technologies. Perhaps I should acquire some new clothing. It will make it much easier to blend in with the humans. The crow demon planned to go shopping once his summoner had awoken; until then, he had to remain within the school, as he could go no further than 50 feet from the human he was bound to.

Kabuto slowly opened his eyes, shielding them from the sudden light. He groaned a little, before attempting to sit up. To his surprise, he felt very sluggish. As he rose, a damp cloth fell off his forehead into his lap. He rubbed his eyes, struggling to recall what happened.

I...was in class...and I...I summoned a demon...a Tengu...but....then I....fainted?

He looked around the room and quickly gathered that he was in the school infirmary. He wondered just how long he had been out. Was it only for a few minutes? Or hours?

"Mr. Akiyama. Your finally awake! How are you feeling?"

The school nurse appeared, greeting him with a delighted and yet slightly concerned smile.

"How long was I out?"

He muttered, already climbing out of bed.

"Twelve hours..are you sure your alright? It'll take another day or so for your magic to fully return, when you arrived here, your magic was very low....y-you realize you could of--"

"Yeah I know. Where's that damn demon?"

Kabuto hissed, he had just finished putting on his shoes and grabbing his bag.

"I ..uh..I'm not sure..."

Kabuto had a lot to say to the demon. He wanted the other to follow his commands, but if he refused, he'd just send him back to whatever hole he crawled out of.

Yoru felt a sudden tug on his chest, trying to pull him in the direction of the infirmary. It seems that he is awake now. The demon let out a low chuckle, the sound a much deeper and more ominous version of a crow cawing. It seems that he is quite angry as well. Yoru turned on his heel and followed the pull of magical energy, allowing it to guide him to Kabuto. While the human had slept, the crow demon had managed to explore all of the areas of the academy that were within 50 feet of Kabuto; 12 hours was a long time, after all, so long in fact that it didn't matter that Yoru strolled through the hallways at a liesurely pace, stopping to take a closer look at anything and everything that caught his eye. He had learned a lot during his tour of the building, especially when he reached the library. Class had been in session at the time, so it had been mostly empty, and the librarian had fallen asleep at his desk. Yoru took his time perusing the shelves, using his magic to pull books to him and read them in a matter of seconds. He had struggled with the computers, however, but he would never admit to it. After fiddling with one for a few hours, he finally figured out the gist of it, and it was only his incredible patience, developed over the course of thousands of years, that had prevented him from destroying the device. Yoru had, in fact, just exited the library after the computer fiasco when Kabuto awakened and subconsciously called out to him. It would be troublesome if he learned how to actively call for me, the demon thought as he approached the infirmary. He is quite loud, and persistant as well. Having to hear his voice constantly would be very bothersome. Yoru stopped a few feet away from the door to the infirmary, waiting for Kabuto to exit. When he did, the crow demon stood still and silent, giving the human a chance to speak first. It was obvious that the young man had something to say.

Kabuto signed himself out of the infirmary and proceeded towards the door, muttering under his breath.

"..stupid demon..hmp...think he's so powerful..I'll show him ughhh!"

Kabuto stepped out of the infirmary only to be greeted by the Tengu, who just so happened to be right in front of him. The Magi jumped, taken aback by the others appearance.

"HOLY Shhhhi...what that hell! You scared the crap out of me. "

He glared at Yoru, slowing closing the door behind him.

"You've got some nerve embarrassing me like that in class and saying I'm not worth to be your master. Have you checked my skills? How many hours and years I spent learning magic? Do you know I'm the first ever Magi to master all the spiritual arts at the age of eighteen. I have worked and studied my ass off, grew my magic so I could master and use at least three spiritual arts at a time and summon a S-rank demon when I mastered Conjuration. I could of died summoning you! You stand here saying I'm not worthy to command you- a demon!! A low life- filthy, damned for all eternity demon!! Well let me tell you something you walking abomination, YOUR NOT WORTHY! Your not worthy enough to walk around on earth using my magic. The only reason you are here is because my magic is powerful enough to keep you here. You feed off of me, I've been passed out for hours and your still standing here! You do realize most Magi's can only summon a demon form 10 minutes to maybe 10 hours..but I've sustained your presence here with my magic beyond that! Our stupid bond connects us. If you can't listen to me then there's no point in you being here! So leave...crawl back to the hell hole you crawled out of and spend decades waiting for someone new to summon you! Someone you think is fucking worthy. "

He hissed, his tone bitter and raging.

Yoru's expression remained unchanging throughout the entirety of Kabuto's rant, his beady yellow eyes staring at the human unblinkingly. He stayed completely still, standing with his back straight, his head cocked to the side, and his hands resting on the head of the cane in front of him. When Kabuto was finished, the crow demon lifted his right hand. A wall of dark magic slammed into the young man, shoving him up against the door to the infirmary with a loud bang!. The magic lifted him up so that his feet no longer touched the floor, and it held him there, his back pressed against the metal door. Yoru let out an exasperated sigh and approached the human, stopping directly in front of him. It was only after living for centuries that he had the patience necessary to keep himself from showing the human his place in an extremely violent manner. "You," he began, his deep voice once again causing the building to shake, "will not speak to me that way." His pale yellow eyes flashed a vibrant gold, and the shadow of large, black, feathery wings appeared on the wall behind him, threatening the human but not yet revealing his real wings. "Your power means nothing to me. Strength does not determine a creature's worth." He lowered his hand and allowed Kabuto to drop unceremoniously to the floor. "While it is true that I cannot access this plane of existence without the aid of a summoner, I do not need your magic to stay here. As you said, you summoned an S-rank demon." If Yoru had had lips, he would have been smirking. "I have no desire to leave this world, however, not after having been away for so long. I will stay. If you despise me so much, I suggest you sever our bond. Although, I do not know how the more experienced Magi will react once they find out that you have released an S-rank demon." He stepped away from the young man, twirling his cane with his left hand. Kabuto had two choices: stay bonded to Yoru, or face the wrath of his superiors. Yoru didn't really care either way; while there was the 50 foot distance limit while the two were bonded, he was able to feed off of the young man's magic - which was plentiful - and it wouldn't be difficult for him to force the human to go where he wanted. And of course, if Kabuto severed the bond, he would be completely free. "The choice is yours."

When Kabuto had finished his rant Yuro took him by surprise and suddenly slammed his body into the door using dark magic. A painful sound escaped his lips when his back collided with the the door, making a loud bang.

"W-what the-"

The magic lifted him up off his feet and held him in mid air , his back still pinned to the metal door.

The Tengu stepped towards him, meeting his face.

"You, will not speak to me that way." [/Quote]

His voice shook the room.Kabuto couldn't fight against the dark magic, he was completely pinned. He bit his lip, glaring at Yoru.The demons eyes

flashed a vibrant gold, and the shadow of large, black, feathery wings appeared on the wall behind him. He was a monster all right...and dispete Kuro's stubborn spirit his hands started to shake. Was he...scared ?

"Your power means nothing to me. Strength does not determine a creature's worth."[/Quote]

He dropped him, allowing Kabuto to fall on his hands and knees. His eyes watering. The student clenched his hands into fists in order to stop there trembling as the demon continued to speak. Kabuto was powerless. Once again he was powerless....and he hated it. He was stuck and he couldn't release the Tengu from their bond...he would be expelled from the Academy and have his magic sealed away.

"The choice is yours."[/Quote]

A stray tear slipped from his raging eyes as he stared at the ground beneath him. He hated this demon...he HATED HIM!

"Tch-"

Kabuto slowly stood and shoved his hands into his pockets. His back to the demon as he walked away from him.

"If you ..hurt anyone...I'll kill you..."

His voice shaking, but he held his head high. He walked away, heading to his dorm room.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kabuto sat on his bed with a book in hand, he was re-reading the Conjuration book over again. He sighed heavy as turned another page hopeing to find some sort of loop hole.He knew that tomorrow the head master would be returning to campus and would be demanding to speak with him and the Tengu. He was going to be in a lot of trouble since he couldn't control the demon he had summon, much less send him away. "Damnit!!" Kabuto threw the book across the room in aggravation. He was wasting his time. There was no loop hole...and now he was stuck with Yoru.

"If you hurt anyone, I'll kill you..." Yoru blinked, slightly surprised by the young man's response. Perhaps there is hope for you yet, he thought as he watched Kabuto walk away. If the human cared about the lives of others, then he may not be as worthless as the crow demon had originally thought. It seems as though I will have to keep a close eye on him. Yoru sighed and shook his head before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. Smoke-like shadows began to swirl around him, rising up from the ground and circling his body. The dark magic spun around him faster and faster, picking up speed to the point where wind whipped at his clothes. A royal purple aura surrounded him, and he began to change. The feathers on his head vanished, and his beak shortened. He shrunk a few inches, now standing at 5'10" rather than 6'3", and he now had a human head with pale skin and short, straight black hair. His eyes, though human, were the same pale yellow color as before. The shadows and purple aura gradually vanished, as did the wind, and when they were finally gone Yoru opened his eyes. The transformation was complete, and in the place of the crow-headed demon stood an attractive young man wearing a crisp black suit. "It has been too long since I wore this skin," he mused, making his cane disappear before straightening his tie and making his way down the hall, following the pull of Kabuto's magic. Fifteen minutes later, Yoru stood outside of Kabuto's dorm room. If I want to leave this building, he must come with me. The demon knocked on the door with his knuckles, using quick yet firm taps. He then clasped his hands behind his back and waited.

Kabuto had just finished changing when he heard a knock on his door. He groaned in irration. He slipped on his running shoes, lacing up before opening the door. "Haru I swear if you ask me one mor--" He swung open the door with irration only to stop in mid-sentence.

He stared at the stranger in front of him. He just about to ask what the man wanted when his eyes landing on the mans clothing. There was no mistaking that suit much less that damn cane. "So ....you look human now...tch...what so do you want demon. "

Kabuto was no longer in his school uniform. He was wearing a sweat jacket and running shorts, as if he was going to work out. He turned his back to the demon briefly, grabbing his watch and putting it on his right wrist. "As you can see, I'm busy. " He hissed, he stepped outside his room and closing the door, locking it. "Why are you still here anyway. "

• 2 weeks later...

Yoru blinked and tilted his head slightly to the right. He was expressionless, which, while normal on a crow's face, was incredibly disturbing on a human's. "You are going out," he observed, completely ignoring the young man's question. "I will come with you." He looked down, studying the brunette's outfit. "I would like to acquire new clothing as well as see what else has changed while I have been away. As you know, we are bound, which means that I cannot go more than 50 feet away from you. Therefore, you must be with me if I wish to venture out of this building." He lifted his gaze from the human's torso and met his eyes. "Despite the fact that you despise me, you are, as they say, 'stuck with me.' It would be beneficial to the both of us if you allowed me to accompany you in this form." His lips twitched, and then a toothy grin spread across his face, one that did not look natural. "Who knows, perhaps we will become friends."

"You are going out,"[/Quote]

Kabuto ignored him, giving the demon a cold shoulder. However when the demon said that he wanted to come along he quickly shot the idea down. "Ah! No..."

"I would like to acquire new clothing as well as see what else has changed while I have been away. As you know, we are bound, which means that I cannot go more than 50 feet away from you. Therefore, you must be with me if I wish to venture out of this building."[/Quote]

Kabuto listened with a frown, his gaze casted down.

"Despite the fact that you despise me, you are, as they say, 'stuck with me.' It would be beneficial to the both of us if you allowed me to accompany you in this form." [/Quote]

Yoru offered him a smile...or at least...what Kabuto thought was a smile. It was a rather disturbing site. Kabuto cringed. "Aghhh, Look-"

"Who knows, perhaps we will become friends."[/Quote]

Kabuto's eyes widened slightly hearing those words. Friends? Was the demon serious? Kabuto ran his hand over his face, heaving a heavy sigh.

"Two things...one, don't ever smile again. That was just horrible to watch, and Two, I dont need or want friends. Especially with a lowly demon. To be honest I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you. What you wanna do doesn't concern me. "He quickly shoved passed Yoru. "Besides, I'm not going into town. I need to train. "

He hissed. He quickly scanned the hallways for students and teachers before turning back to Yoru. "You are right about one thing, we are stuck with each other, but I control where you can and can't go. You might be powerful in both the human world and spiritual world, but in the end your still bound to mortals. To Me. Which means your nothing more than a dog on a leash. " With that, he turned his back to Yoru and headed outside, despite being past curfew.

"Two things...one, don't ever smile again. That was just horrible to watch, and two, I don't need or want friends. Especially with a lowly demon. To be honest I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you. What you wanna do doesn't concern me. Besides, I'm not going into town. I need to train." Yoru's smile dropped and he raised an eyebrow as Kabuto shoved past him, taking a step back and watching as the human surveyed the hallway. What a rude young man, the demon thought; if he had been in his crow form, his feathers would have been ruffled. Although he may be right about my smile. He recalled his previous Master having said something similar to him. "You are right about one thing, we are stuck with each other, but I control where you can and can't go. You might be powerful in both the human world and spiritual world, but in the end you're still bound to mortals. To me. Which means you're nothing more than a dog on a leash." Yoru paused, staring after Kabuto for a moment before following him, his hands still clasped behind his back. "You seem to enjoy calling me a 'lowly demon' even though I am one of most powerful entities in the universe," he commented, falling into step next to the human. "I find that to be quite interesting." The demon glanced at Kabuto out of the corner of his eye, his expression thoughtful. "You said you were going to train. Perhaps I can help you." Yoru wanted to see what Kabuto was capable of, and if he couldn't go outside and explore, then he would entertain himself by other means.

"You seem to enjoy calling me a 'lowly demon' even though I am one of most powerful entities in the universe,"[/Quote]

Kabuto groaned in irration seeing that Yoru was following him. He huffed, moving his feet quickly as he cautiously continued to look over his shoulder. Sneaking out past curfew was nothing new to Kabuto but he didn't want to get caught. Sure he was a promising student, but his attitude had gotten him written up so many times that adding a curfew violation could get him expelled.

"And the most disloyal. "

He muttered under his breath.

"I find that to be quite interesting...You said you were going to train. Perhaps I can help you."[/Quote]

Kabuto flinched hearing Yoru's words. He hasn't trained with another person in years. Not since that fateful day. "I don't need help from a demon. Your kind do nothing but lie and ruin peoples lives. " His voice suddenly shaking with anger.

The aura and energy around Kabuto suddenly shifted and Yoru would defiantly feel it. It was important for Magi's to always remain calm and control there emotions. If a Magi wasn't careful, they could easily find themselves being possessed by dark sprits and considering how powerful and promising Kabuto was...low level demons would jump at the chance to consume him and his magic.

He turned to face Yoru glaring at the man. It seemed he wanted to say more...but instead he bit down on his lip, taking a deep breath. He fell silent for a brief moment, regaining control of his emotions. "..Look..I'd rather train alone...but if you really need to watch...then fine..but I don't wanna hear a single word from you while I'm training, especially when I'm mediating." He huffed, leading Yoru deep into the forest. As he walked he began to cast an Enchantment drawing out the lines using his spiritual energy which was so strong that it was visible. The pentogram appeared in front of him in mid air, his hands moving over the glowing pink lines. He was clearly advanced , since not many Magi can cast a spell with out drawing it out physically. However Kabuto could only do this with the spiritual arts he was most comfortable with, he couldn't spirituality draw out a spell for Conjuration or Necromacy. He Enhanced his body, making it less resistant to exhaustion and fatigue. When Kabuto felt like he was far enough away from the school, he then casted an Illusion spell, dark blue lines formed in front of him creating a magic circle- which then expanded into the air and reached a mile out. Now they were hidden, in case anyone should see them.

Now that Kabuto had obtained a secure and safe place it was time to train. Switching from physical training to mental training, to magical every 30-45 minutes, pushing himself past his limits. This would go on the entire night until his class at 7 in the morning.

Most people assumed that Kabuto was nothing more than a lucky rich kid who just so happened to be more powerful then Everyone else. Everyone just thought he mastered all the spiritual circles easily, however that was far from the truth. For years he'd trained and studied, skipping nights so he could improve himself and skills. Now Yoru would be the very first person to see his determination and dedication.

latest?cb=20170210075755

So this is how I image what casting his spells/circles look like. Basically how Doctor Starnge does his spells but they all look different and are different colors depending on what circle he is casting.

Yoru's yellow eyes widened slightly when the energy around Kabuto suddenly shifted. He stopped walking, staring intensely at the human now in front of him. It was clear to the demon that the magic the young man possessed was incredibly powerful, but his emotions were unstable. Yoru had expected some instability after witnessing Kabuto's attitude and temper, but there was more affecting this human than met the eye. It seems that I will need to keep a closer eye on him than I originally thought. The demon didn't doubt Kabuto's ability to defend himself against low-level demons, but if one or more of them caught him off-guard while in such a vulnerable state, the result could be catastrophic.

Yoru didn't react to the glare Kabuto send him, remaining completely expressionless as the young man took a moment to calm himself. The demon obviously had little to no trouble controlling his emotions, but that was only because he had spent centuries honing his skills. He too had had quite the attitude when he was younger, now that he thought about it... "...Look..I'd rather train alone...but if you really need to watch...then fine...but I don't wanna hear a single word from you while I'm training, especially when I'm mediating." Yoru tilted his head to the side in acquiescence and followed the human into the forest.

The crow demon stopped when they reached the clearing and watched Kabuto work from a few feet away. He stayed silent, completely focused on the young man, his gaze seemingly piercing through the human with how closely he was observing him. The supposed talent his peers mock him for is not talent at all, but rather dedication. Fascinating. Yoru was becoming more and more interested in this human. Though his personality needs work, he has my respect in this regard. The demon continued to watch silently for about half an hour, restraining himself from stepping forward and correcting the young man or showing him a simpler way to get the same results. Eventually, Yoru could no longer contain his excitement - yes, the demon was excited at the thought of training such a bright pupil - and stepped forward.

"Kabuto." It was the first time the demon had called him by name. "Allow me to assist you...please." He was staring directly into the human's eyes, his expression serious. There was, however, a glint of excitement in his eyes. It had been so long since he had last taught a human worthy of his teachings. Upon meeting Kabuto, he had said that the human was unworthy. It seemed that, like the young man's peers, he too had been quick to judge. There was more to Kabuto than simple arrogance, and Yoru wanted to help the human flourish, both as a mage and as a person, just as he had done for his previous Masters.

"195....nn...196..ha...ha...1-197....1-198 ttcchhh- 198....200! Agh!!!"

Kabuto quickly fell to the ground after completing 200 push ups. Sweat dripping off his skin, his arms trembling. He only allowed himself a 30 second break before working on his legs and stomach next. Once he exhausted his body, he quickly switched to meditation. He sat underneath a tree, sitting criss cross applesauce, his back straight. He calmed his breathing and closed his eyes.

Just..clear your mind...don't think about anything...Focus....FOCUS!...

"Kabuto."[/Quote]

"Uuugghhh! What! I said no talking!" He immdiantly exploded but when he opened his eyes he was quickly taken aback by the demons demeanor. W-wait ..did he just....call me by my first name?

"Allow me to assist you...please." [/Quote]

Kabuto's eyes fell, unable to handle Yoru's intense staring. Why was he suddenly so...serious?

"Hmp.. I already told you...I train by myself ..." His voice cold with a hint of sadness and hesitation. He crossed his arms in front of him, not making any eye-contact with Yoru. " And last I checked...I'm unworthy anyway--" He said sarcastically. " ...Why should I listen to anything you say? " He fell silent for a long moment, as if recalling a past memory. Kabuto really hated demons. He sighed heavily.

"...Look..I don't want your help...but...let's say...hypothetically speaking...if someone else was in my shoes...and you offered to.. ugh ...assist them ..what would you even do...hypothetically.."

"And last I checked...I'm unworthy anyway...Why should I listen to anything you say?"

Yoru sighed and averted eye contact, glancing off to his right. "I...apologize for my earlier statement." The demon looked...ashamed? "I was...too quick to judge you. And for that I am terribly sorry." He bowed with his hands still clasped behind his back, remaining in that position for a few moments before straightening. His expression was impassive once again as he waited for a response.

"...Look..I don't want your help...but...let's say...hypothetically speaking...if someone else was in my shoes...and you offered to...ugh ...assist them...what would you even do...hypothetically..."

The demon's lips twitched as he fought to hold back a smile. "You really must be more honest with yourself, Kabuto," he chided lightly, stepping forward so that he was standing beside the human. "As for what I would do...allow me to begin by telling you more about myself." Now that Yoru was no longer in his true form, his footsteps did not shake the ground, and his voice did not boom. It was, however, still full of strength and confidence.

"I have been teaching human Magis such as yourself for centuries. I can only be summoned by those with incredibly powerful magical energy, and more often than not those with such great power are the ones who require the most guidance. If I deem them worthy - that is, if I sense within them the potential for growth, the potential to become a powerful Magi who will do good in this world - then I agree to become their Servant, and they become my Master. I remain by their side, teaching and guiding them, until they no longer need me. Then I return to the Underworld, where I wait to be summoned once again."

His yellow eyes had become somewhat distant as he spoke, and there was a certain sadness to his gaze as he continued. "You are the first human to have summoned me since 1923." That explained his outdated clothing style and manner of speaking. He paused for a moment, seemingly lost in thought, before shaking his head and looking over at Kabuto. "This must sound incredibly strange to you, hearing about a demon who willingly serves humans and seeks to help them." He let out a quiet chuckle, but it was incredibly bitter. "I suppose it is something left over from when I was..." His jaw clenched and a pained expression spread across his face. "From before I became what I am." Like most powerful demons, Yoru had once been an angel. He could not remember his name, nor what he had looked like. All he could remember was white feathers drenched in blood, the screeching of a dove as it died, and agonizing pain radiating from his shoulder blades...

Yoru blinked, snapping out of his stupor. There was a dull pain in his hands, and he brought them forward to look at them, surprised to see them covered with blood. His nails has transformed into talons, and he had pierced his own skin when he curled his hands into fists. "Pardon me," he said, his voice strained. He reached into his breast pocket and pulled out a black handkerchief, wiping away the blood quickly and methodically; the wounds had already healed.

"But enough about me. I will assist you in whatever way you wish. I could direct your training, serve as your sparring partner, or teach you techniques that even your professors do not know about." The pain from before seemed to have vanished in the face of Yoru's excitement at having the opportunity to teach once again. "You seem to struggle with Conjuration and Necromancy. I could help you with those disciplines. I happen to be very skilled at Necromancy." The demon was clearly itching to get started.

"I...apologize for my earlier statement."[/Quote]

Kabuto froze. He stared at the demon. Did Yoru...really...just apologize?

"What?"

"I was...too quick to judge you. And for that I am terribly sorry."[/Quote]

Yoru bowed with his hands still clasped behind his back, remaining like that for a moment. Kabuto wasn't sure what to say. People always assumed the worst of him, and Yoru was no different, however...he was the first to apologize. Kabuto cleared his throat, acting unimpressed but he was honestly taken off guard, and a little touched by Yoru's apology but of course he wouldn't show it.

"You really must be more honest with yourself, Kabuto,"[/Quote]

He said approaching him.

"As for what I would do...allow me to begin by telling you more about myself."[/Quote]

Kabuto crossed his arms in front of him and rested against a tree as Yoru told him more about himself. How he had been teaching Magi's magic for centuries, only to leave when his mission is complete and that the last time he was summoned was 1923. Which explained his outdated clothing and manner of speaking. Kabuto couldn't help but notice how Yoru eyes seemed to wonder off, as if he was getting lost in his memories. The idea of a powerful demon befriending and training Magi sounded very odd. There weren't many demons who would willing serve Magi's and help them kill there own kind.

"I suppose it is something left over from when I was..." [/Quote]

Suddenly Yoru's area around him shifted slightly. His jaw clenched and a pained expression spread across his face. Was he recalling a painful memory ? We are...very similar...

He thought, waiting for the other to continue.

"From before I became what I am." [/Quote]

Kabuto watched Yoru as he lost himself in his past only to snap out of his thoughts by piercing his own skin with his talons. It happened so suddenly that he didn't really have time to react.

"...Yoru?"

"Pardon me,"[/Quote]

Kabuto couldn't look away, hearing the strain in his voice. Yoru wiped away the blood with his handkerchief and acted as if nothing happened. His wounds already disappearing.

"But enough about me. I will assist you in whatever way you wish. I could direct your training, serve as your sparring partner, or teach you techniques that even your professors do not know about."[/Quote]

The pain that once haunted his face, was now replaced with excitement. Was he that eager and happy to train him ?

"Yoru...look--"

"You seem to struggle with Conjuration and Necromancy. I could help you with those disciplines. I happen to be very skilled at Necromancy."[/Quote]

Kabuto seemed to tense up at the others words, he quickly averted his gaze. "Yoru I never said I wanted your help. " His voice sharp. A moment passed before Kabuto spoke again..adjusting his tone. "Look...there are things that you just don't understand...I don't trust demons...I don't trust you....I struggle with Necromancy and Conjuration because...of personal reasons. Ones I don't want to share. " Kabuto turned his back to the demon, taking a seat on the grass and closing his eyes. "Now please leave me alone and let me meditate in peace. "

"Yoru, I never said I wanted your help."

The demon froze, his eyes widening slightly. Various emotions flashed across his face in quick succession - surprise, then hurt, followed by regret and finally resignation.

"Look...there are things that you just don't understand...I don't trust demons...I don't trust you...I struggle with Necromancy and Conjuration because...of personal reasons. Ones I don't want to share. Now please leave me alone and let me meditate in peace."

Yoru bowed his head, clasping his hands behind his back once again. "I apologize," he replied, his voice emotionless. When he raised his head, his expression was impassive. "I seem to have gotten ahead of myself. Please, continue." He stepped away from the human and returned to his place leaning against a tree to watch. The crow demon tried to focus on the young Magi in front of him, to study his technique so he could be of assistance if Kabuto decided he wanted his help, but something kept tugging at his mind, begging for his attention. Though he was staring straight at the human, his yellow eyes were distant and somewhat glazed over. It had been a very long time since what few memories he had of his past life had surfaced, and the experience had been a shock to his system. Flashes of white kept appearing before his eyes, and despite the fact that his wounds had healed, he could smell the coppery tang of blood in the air.

Focus, Yoru, he berated himself, blinking a few times in an attempt to clear his head. That time has long since passed. He looked away from Kabuto and lifted his right hand to his face, observing the black nails and pale skin. You are a demon. His nails elongated into talons, and a ball of shadows spun on his palm. A demon. He clenched his fist, the shadows dispersing. A demon that helps humans destroy his own kind, a voice in the back of his mind taunted. His body tensed, eyes narrowing. He had not heard that voice since the last time his memories had surfaced, back in 1507. Back when he was with...

"Asahi," he whispered. His aura flared slightly, the dark energy tinged with sadness. Asahi had been the first human he had met, after he had fallen. The first human to accept him for what he was...the one who had told him he could still do good, even though he was a demon. It was Asahi who had helped him control his demonic urges, helped him come back to himself after the pain he had suffered during the fall.

"Being a demon doesn't make you evil," the brunette had told him gently, smiling down at him as the demon laid in the human's lap, his fingers running through Yoru's long, silky black hair. "I don't know what you did that caused the angels to make you a demon, but I think you must have had a good reason for doing it. You could have killed me when we met, but you didn't. You're good, Yoru, no matter what form you take. I would say it was a mistake on the angels' part, making you fall, but then I wouldn't have met you."

Back in the present, Yoru's yellow eyes were wet, tears threatening to fall down his pale cheeks. His aura was bitter, now, and wavering slightly, almost as if he was close to losing control. He took a deep breath and clamped down hard on his emotions, forcing his aura to settle and his body to relax. Kabuto had said not to bother him, and letting his energy flare was definitely distracting.

As Kabuto focused on his magic he couldn't help but feel Yoru's presence. His aura was all over the place. His emotions felt unbalanced and there was clearly something bothering him. Perhaps his words really affected him?"Kabuto you do know that demons have feelings too. "

Kabuto immediately opened his eyes, his concentration shattering. He had remembered something from his past, Ichiru's voice sinking into his thoughts. He now felt irritated. ...tch- lies.. Kabuto slowly got to his feet, shaking his head to clear his thoughts. He started to walk back to campus, the magic circle that kept them hidden slowly began to fad.

"I'm tired. Let's go back.."He glanced at Yoru. His eyes widened slightly seeing the demons face."Yoru?.... Y-you ok?" Was it even possible for demons to cry? If so, Yoru looked like he was on the verge of tears. Did he do that? He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, not sure what to say to the demon. Was he that passionate about trying to train him ?"Ok...look. Next time I come out here, I...might let you help me...ok? So...stop looking like that... He muttered. He turned away heading back to campus.

The walk back was full of silence and if or when Yoru wanted to talk Kabuto would shush him. After all he didn't want to get caught, since he could get expelled for not being in his room. When the ghoest was clear, Kabuto entered the Residence hall hestly reaching his dorm at the end of the hall and quickly unlocking it with his key. He entered his room with a small smile on his face and went to close the door behind him, only to remember Yoru. Where was he suppose to sleep?! "Hurry up. " He whispered, letting the demon enter his room.

Once the two were safely inside Kabuto sat at his desk running a hand threw his hair. It was a little past 4 a.m. He stared at Yoru unsure of how they were going to live together in this small dorm room. " Do demons sleep?"

He asked, realizing that he just assumed Yoru needed sleep, perhaps demons didn't.

"I'm tired. Let's go back..."

Yoru forced himself to focus on Kabuto as the young man stood and started to make his way back to campus. He blinked, watching the magic circle that surrounded them slowly fade, wondering when exactly the young Magi had stopped training. What kind of teacher are you if you stop paying attention to your student?

"Yoru?...Y-you ok?"

The demon startled slightly, having once again been caught up in his thoughts. Damn it, Yoru! Focus! He looked over at the young human, taking in his wide eyes and the hand rubbing the back of his neck. His body tensed as realization set it. I let my emotions show. Again. Before he could apologize, subconsciously straightening his back in an attempt to appear more put-together, Kabuto spoke again.

"Ok...look. Next time I come out here, I...might let you help me...ok? So...stop looking like that..."

Yoru would have laughed if he hadn't been so surprised. He thinks I am upset because he did not let me train with him? For some reason, the demon found that to be rather cute. Just be glad he doesn't know the real reason why you're a mess, that voice hissed in the back of his mind. He clenched his fists behind his back, using the pain to anchor himself, before nodding in response. "My apologies." He followed Kabuto back to the academy, silently walking a few feet behind the human. When they reached Kabuto's dorm room, he was fully prepared to wait outside. The human then surprised him once again.

"Hurry up!"

Yoru, careful to keep his expression blank, stepped into Kabuto's room. He stood by the closed door, watching as the young Magi took a seat at his desk. He was unsure of how to proceed, as his previous Masters had each treated him differently. There had been those like Asahi, who had enjoyed sleeping and cuddling with him, as well as those who had given him his own room and told him to leave them alone. Though Yoru was loathe to admit it, he preferred those who were like Asahi. Another remnant, I suppose.

"Do demons sleep?"

The crow demon shook his head, leaning back against the door. "We have no need to sleep, though we can do so if we wish."

Kabuto bit his lip, falling silent for a brief moment.

So he doesn't sleep. I guess that's good but still...is he just suppose to stay with me everyday? I doubt I can fall asleep with him standing in my room staring at me like some murder in a horror flick. And...I'm not gonna share my bed with him.

"I see...ok well..I'm not sleeping tonight so I guess its ok if you stay in here but..when I do sleep, you gotta stand outside my door or something. Tomorrow I'll ask the teachers about getting you a room of your own. " Kabuto turned his chair, now facing his desk. He turned on his lamp and opened a spell book, beginning to study. "Also try not to touch anything. If you get bored you can read one of my books or watch tv, but if you do, keep the volume low. " He muttered, pulling out a pen and notebook, he began to nibble on his pen taking notes of what he was reading. He would even whisper and mutter things to himself.

Kabuto's room was not only clean but organized. There wasn't even a aspect of dirt inside. A tv rested in one corner of the room, his desk was on the other side, covered in binders, papers, books, and sticky notes. He had two tall shelves stuffed with old and new magical books and his bed was perfectly made. There was nothing in his room that really revealed anything about himself. No pictures of friends or family, no posters or Nick nacks anywhere. It was hard to learn about Kabuto if he never opened up.

"I see...ok, well...I'm not sleeping tonight, so I guess it's ok if you stay in here, but...when I do sleep, you gotta stand outside my door or something. Tomorrow I'll ask the teachers about getting you a room of your own."

Yoru nodded, having expected such an answer from Kabuto. He was nothing like Asahi. That is not completely true, he thought, watching as the human began to study. Both Kabuto and Asahi are very strong, dedicated Magis. You mean Asahi was a very strong, dedicated Magi the voice in the back of his mind taunted. Yoru bit down hard on his tongue, the pain washing away the nagging voice.

"Also try not to touch anything. If you get bored you can read one of my books or watch TV, but if you do, keep the volume low."

The demon blinked, swallowing the blood welling in his mouth as he attempted to ask What is a TV? Kabuto was aleady busy, however, and Yoru didn't want to bother him any more than he already had. Since when are you so self-conscious? the voice berated him, its tone cruel and malicious. Yoru did his best to ignore it, distracting himself by looking around the human's room. It was very neat and organized, something that the demon greatly appreciated. His kind were known for spreading chaos, but Yoru would rather have everything be in perfect order.

There are no personal artifacts, he noted, deciding that, while odd for a human, especially one at such a young age, it fit Kabuto's loner persona. He really should be sleeping, though, he thought as he stopped in front of the television, crouching to get a better look at it. Humans do not function properly without it. He tilted his head slightly as he studied the device, allowing his human guise to fall now that he was alone with Kabuto. He ran his hands over the machine, periodically turning his head to the side to prevent his beak from colliding with the object. Eventually he found the power button, and he pressed it lightly, his beady yellow eyes widening as the televison screen lit up.

Yoru knelt in front of the television, studying the screen intensely. Because of the odd hour, a soap opera was playing. The demon watched for a few minutes, his head twitching back and forth, just like a regular bird's would if it was focused on something. He paid special attention to the appearances and the mannerisms of the characters, wanting to prepare himself for when he finally went into the city. The story itself, however, made little sense to him.

"How strange," he murmured, folding his hands in his lap as he settled down to continue watching. Fortunately the volume was already quite low, so Yoru didn't need to fumble with the volume controls in order to keep from disturbing Kabuto. Strangely enough, the demon found himself almost entranced by the screen, and remained staring blankly at it, neither blinking nor moving, for over an hour straight.

• Saga locked this topic