[Sosuke0549 & BlaqueCatt]

BlaqueCatt

Kabuto yawned, rubbing his eyes. He was defiantly going to need something to wake him up before class. He's really odd...maybe I should accept his offer. He's...different from most demons....right?...And I need to become stronger so I can protect people....I owe it to Ichiru. Kabuto was quickly pulled from his thoughts as he heard Yoru turn on the tv. He glanced over at the demon, and was a little surprised to see his reaction. He smirked, trying not to laugh. I forgot...the last time he was summoned was 1923. He's never seen a tv before. I guess everything is exciting and new for him.......maybe....I should take him into the city... He scratched his head, returning to his book. Hours passed and Yoru didn't even disturb him once! Kabuto only had a little over an hour left before classes started and since he worked out, he really needed to shower, but the academy didn't have private bathrooms. He closed his book and stood, grabbing a towel and a shower caddy full of soap and morning essentials, such as tooth paste, hair brush, floss, etc. He tossed his towel over his shoulder. "In gonna go take a shower, be back in a few minutes. "

Kabuto glanced at the show the demon was watching and laughed a little. He quickly handed Yoru the remote. "Didn't know you were into soap operas. Haha- there's other stuff you can watch. All you gotta do is change the channel." He showed Yoru which buttons to press. "There's like...500 channels so.. Knock yourself out. " He said, heading for the door. He quickly grabbed some flip flops before leaving. Now Yoru was alone.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

{ 20 minutes later }

Kabuto returned, wearing nothing but a towel. In one hand he had his dirty clothes, and in the other his shower basket. He quickly entered his room and tossed his clothes in a hamper that was hidden in his closet, setting his shower caddy next to it. His hair was still dripping as he retrieved his school uniform from the closet. He was just about to drop his towel to change, but quickly remembered that he was no longer alone.

"Uh- Yoru..do you mind? "

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• Sosuke0549

"I'm gonna go take a shower, be back in a few minutes."

Kabuto's voice jolted Yoru out of his sceen-induced stupor. He blinked a few times, refocusing his blurry vision, before turning his head to look at the young Magi. "Very well. I will remain here." He watched, his expression curious, as the human looked at the televison screen and laughed before handing him a small black object.

"Didn't know you were into soap operas. Haha - there's other stuff you can watch. All you gotta do is change the channel."

The demon was clearly confused, not knowing what a soap opera or a channel was, but he paid close attention to what Kabuto was doing with the black object. Ah, so the buttons change what picture appears on the screen. Fascinating.

"There's like...500 channels, so...Knock yourself out."

Yoru studied the little device in his hands - which he now knew was called a remote - and marvelled at the fact that such a simple looking object could create 500 moving pictures at the press of a button. It is very similar to the 'computer' that I discovered earlier, he thought, noting Kabuto's departure from the room but not saying anything. What I do not understand is why Kabuto suggested that I 'knock myself out.' If I fall unconscious I will not be able to observe the pictures. He narrowed his eyes slightly, suddenly suspicious of the television and remote. Perhaps he was trying to tell me that these devices are dangerous if not used properly?

When Kabuto returned 20 minutes later, the television was off and Yoru was sitting at the brunette's desk, reading one of his textbooks. He was holding the book in his left hand, and his right hand was resting in his lap with the palm facing up. Shadows weaved between his fingers, and every few seconds they took a different shape. One moment there was a horse, and the next moment there was a hydra. He seemed to be doing this subconsciously, as if this was something to keep his hand busy while he read. He didn't look up when Kabuto entered the room, only acknowledging his presence when he spoke.

"Uh - Yoru...do you mind?"

The demon glanced up at him and then returned his attention to the book with a nod. "Do not worry, I will not look at you while you dress."

Kabuto sighed, his cheeks turning pink. "Well- yeah but...its...could you ..." He glanced at his clock, he only had 10 more minutes to get ready. "Uugghhh nevermind." Kabuto for once couldn't think of a good enough reason to kick the demon out. He quickly dropped his towel and slipped on his clothes.

When he was fully dressed he turned to the his mirror making sure he looked good. He even messed up his still damp hair before grabbing his bag. He then rushed out of his room without saying anything to the demon. He couldn't run in the halls, so he fast walked. He really didn't have the time to ask Yoru if he wanted to come along but Kabuto just assumed the demon wouldn't want to go to his classes. Yoru was a powerful demon who had been around for decades and new forgotten spells that even his teachers probably didn't know existed. Why would he be interested in high school classes?

"Kabuto h-hey! Your running let too huh? Hahaha" Kabuto rolled his eyes as Haru came out of his room and joined his side.

" Mind if I sit next to you ?"

"Yeah I do. "

Haru's happy expression slowly faded hearing his comment. He fell quite as the two of them entered there classroom just before the bell rang. Since they came in last, there were only a few seats left in the back and sadly they were forced to sit next to each other. "Seriously...tch. "

"..sorry...Hey..I heard you summoned a S rank demon yesterday in Conjuration class..is it true? "

"Yeah. What of it ."

"Oh..n-no its...its cool and really impressive. I just wanted to congratulate you ..I-I guess. "

Kabuto ignored him, pulling out his pen and paper.

Yoru paid no attention to Kabuto as the boy dressed, fully invested in the textbook he was reading. He only looked up when he heard the door open, watching as Kabuto bolted out of the room. It must be time for class, he thought, closing the book and standing up. He placed the book back on Kabuto's desk and pushed the chair in before glancing up at the clock. Ah, no wonder he was running. He will be late soon. As a demon, Yoru had a different concept of time. He could spend hours reading and to him it would feel as though only a few minutes had passed. I will be late as well if I stay here any longer.

Purple-tinged shadows swirled around Yoru, and when the darkness cleared he was once again in his human form. Straightening his tie, the demon exited the room, making sure to close the door behind him, and followed the pull of magic that tied him to Kabuto. He walked into the classroom a few moments after Kabuto and Haru had taken their seats, piercing yellow eyes searching the room for his Master. They landed on Kabuto almost immediately, and the demon made his way over to the young Magi, ignoring the blatant staring of the other students and the professor. There were no seats left, so he waved his hand and summoned a plush black armchair, placing it behind Kabuto's desk. He took a seat and crossed his right leg over his left, turning his attention to the professor, waiting patiently for the lesson to start.

The professor blinked, processing what he had just seen, before clearing his throat and shakily beginning the lecture. By this point, news of Kabuto's summoning had spread throughout the entire school, and everyone knew about it. It was obvious to them all who the strange man in the suit was.

Kabuto sunk slightly in his chair seeing Yoru enter his classroom. All eyes fell on the demon as he made his way to the back to sit behind him. Why is he here? He sighed under his breath, not giving the demon any of his attention. The news of him summoning a S rank demon spread like wild fire all over the school. It was obvious that all eyes were on him and Yoru.

When the teacher began her lecture Kabuto quickly turned around, his head low whispering. "What are you doing here ?! Do you intend to follow me around all day?! Your clearly a nuisance and a distraction. " He hissed. Just when it looked like he was about to say more, he quickly tensed up hearing someone shush him. He quickly faced forward, biting his lip.

Kabuto rested his chin in the plam of his hand, his elbow on the desk looking slightly bored.

The moment Yoru entered the room, Haru had a hard time keeping his eyes off the demon. He was very interested in demons, and really wanted to meet Yoru. He couldn't believe he was seeing such a powerful and high ranking demon in the flesh!

A hour passed before the students were allowed a ten minute break. Kabuto 's classmates quickly made there way into the halls to check there phones, mingle, and use the restroom. Haru however, bolted up out of his chair, standing before Yoru with child like curiosity and wonder.

"Y-your a Tengu! Oh wow your so pretty! This is your human form right ? How much magic do you posses ? How many Tengu demons are there? Do you have a grasp of all the magic circles? Can you commicate with birds since your part bird?! Ooooo can you take me flying!!" He talked so fast! Unlike every other human who was afraid to even look at Yoru, Haru was evaded his personal space and even touching his hair and skin.

"Are you part human? Oooo your hair feels so nice! How'd you become a demon. Can we be friends! Your so cool! I thought I'd never see a real Tengu in the flesh! My connect with demons is weak but my partners are very skilled in Conjuration and I grew up with demons all my life-but sadly I'm no good at Conjuration-- but I've always been fascinated with demons! I've read so many books about your kind but your a mystery to use Magi's since your so hard to control and rare! "

"Shut up! Your so damn annoying. There is nothing fascinating about demons! Its amazing how every fucking day you manage to piss me off. "

The boy froze. That spark of excitement in his eyes fading.

"I-I'm sorry.. I...I guess I got too excited...I - I forgot you don't like me talking about de--"

"Don't even bother, your aplogly is meaningless. Just go away and sit somewhere else and understand that you and I will never be friends, so stop trying. Its pathetic..."

Haru shuttered at Kabuto's insult. The boy was always mean to everyone but...Haru was always the one person trying to befriend him. He quickly grabbed his bag.

"...Y-you know...y-you don't have to be so mean...I was...I just wanted--"

"Are you deaf?"

Haru bit his lip and switched seats with another student in the front. Some of his classmates heard his comments and glared at him with hatrd.

"What a jerk."

"Haru can be annoying sometimes but that was just over kill. "

"I told Haru that rich asshole was a waste of time, I'd love to beat the shit out of him someday and whipe that smug look off his face. "

"How could someone who has everything be such a jerk to everyone else...he doesn't deserve to have so much magic power. "

"I wish he'd just transfer somewhere else... He acts like he's better then all of use. "

Kabuto was unfazed by his classmates comments and turned around to face Yoru. His eyes cold, and yet...sad. "Still think I'm worthy?...You can hear them too ...right? What there saying about me? Do you have something to say to me too? He said with slight scarasm.

"What are you doing here?! Do you intend to follow me around all day?! You're clearly a nuisance and a distraction."

Yoru looked away from the professor and at Kabuto, tilting his head slightly to the right. "I am interested in the kind of magic that you and your peers practice," he said simply, keeping his voice low so as not to interrupt the other students. He watched, slightly amused, as Kabuto was shushed, and turned his attention back to the professor once the young Magi had settled. He remained fully invested in the lecture as the first hour passed, summoning a black leather-bound book and a fountain pen in order to take notes. When it was time for the students' break, Yoru closed the book and placed it next to him on his chair. He then stood up and began making his way over to the professor, intend on having a discussion with her. He was stopped short, however, when one of Kabuto's classmates came up to him.

"Y-you're a Tengu! Oh wow, you're so pretty! This is your human form right? How much magic do you possess? How many Tengu demons are there? Do you have a grasp of all the magic circles? Can you commicate with birds since you're part bird?! Ooooo can you take me flying?!"

Yoru blinked, obviously surprised and overwhelmed by the barrage of questions and comments being thrown at him. He tried his best to answer and respond to all of them in order. "Yes, I am a Tengu, specifically a Kotengu, or Karasu-Tengu. I am flattered that you find me attractive, and yes, this is my human form. I possess a great amount of magic, and very few other Tengus exist. I do indeed have a grasp of all of the magic circles, and I can communicate with crows. Unfortunately I cannot take you flying without my Master's permission." He flinched slightly when Haru began touching him, but quickly relaxed, secretly enjoying the attention.

"Are you part human? Oooo your hair feels so nice! How'd you become a demon? Can we be friends? You're so cool! I thought I'd never see a real Tengu in the flesh! My connection with demons is weak but my parents are very skilled in Conjuration and I grew up with demons all my life, but sadly I'm no good at Conjuration...but I've always been fascinated with demons! I've read so many books about your kind but you're a mystery to us Magi's since you're so hard to control and rare!"

The demon's pale lips twitched, and it was obvious that he was trying not to smile. "I am not part human, and thank you for the compliment." He purposefully ignored the question about how he had become a demon, as it threatened to bring back unwanted memories. "You are one of the few humans to ask to be my friend. I would be honored to be your acquaintence." Before he could respond to Haru's comments about his family, Kabuto spoke, his voice harsh.

"Shut up! You're so damn annoying. There is nothing fascinating about demons! It's amazing how every fucking day you manage to piss me off."

Yoru turned to look at Kabuto, one eyebrow raised in question. The sudden flare in temper seemed to have come out of nowhere.

"I-I'm sorry...I...I guess I got too excited...I-I forgot you don't like me talking about de-"

"Don't even bother, your apology is meaningless. Just go away and sit somewhere else and understand that you and I will never be friends, so stop trying. It's pathetic..."

The demon glanced down at Haru, a strange feeling stirring in his chest as he watched the young human shudder.

"...Y-you know...y-you don't have to be so mean...I was...I just wanted-"

"Are you deaf?"

Yoru watched as Haru switched seats, his emotions becoming even more muddled and confused as some of the other students began taunting Kabuto.

"What a jerk."

"Haru can be annoying sometimes but that was just overkill."

"I told Haru that rich asshole was a waste of time, I'd love to beat the shit out of him someday and wipe that smug look off his face."

"How could someone who has everything be such a jerk to everyone else...he doesn't deserve to have so much magic power."

"I wish he'd just transfer somewhere else...He acts like he's better then all of us."

By this point Yoru had taken his seat once again, and he met Kabuto's gaze as the young Magi turned to face him.

"Still think I'm worthy?...You can hear them too...right? What they're saying about me? Do you have something to say to me too?"

Yoru stared straight into Kabuto's eyes as he responded, his expression intense. "This is exactly why you need me." He spoke clearly, allowing the entire class to hear. "You have the potential to become a great Magi, a powerful one who can make this world a better place. That is why you are worthy. It is my job, as your teacher and Servant, to help you reach that potential. Being worthy does not mean that one is perfect right from the beginning. In fact, perfection is impossible. Being worthy means that one has the potential to become better. If you did not have potential and were doomed to be this way for the rest of your life, I would not waste my time with you. You would not have even been able to summon me in the first place." He suddenly reached forward and grabbed one of Kabuto's hands, lacing their fingers together. "I could sense the potential, the goodness, in you, in your magic, in your soul. That is why I responded to your call."

As Yoru spoke, his voice became more intense, more passionate. Then, something strange happened. His yellow eyes, visible only to Kabuto, turned silver. He seemed to sense this, as a few seconds after it happened, he froze, his eyes widening in shock. He let go of Kabuto's hand, his own hand flying up to his face, touching the skin just below his right eye. He seemed...afraid? He shot to his feet suddenly, the chair, book, and pen disappearing as he stood. With his right hand covering his eyes and his head hung low, he stuttered out an apology as he made his way to the door. "I-I apologize, Master. I must...go for a moment." He swayed on his feet as he walked and stumbled out of the room, all traces of his supernatural elegance nowhere to be found.

Kabuto was stunned. His eyes widening as Yoru met his gaze and spoke with such intensity.

"This is exactly why you need me."[/Quote]

"W-what?" He spoke so clearly that the entire class could hear him. All eyes fell on the demon as he commanded not only Kabuto's attention but the students as well. Haru sat at his desk watching and listening, keeping his head low. He too saw a lot of potential in Kabuto but that wasn't the reason why he wanted to befriend him. He could see how upset and conflicted Kabuto felt. When he was around him he could feel Kabuto's aura, he was sad and something dark was eating away at the boy. Haru feared that Kabuto could maybe one day become a dark Magi if he wasn't careful. His tempter, isolation, and hatrd for demons were all warning signs. He just wanted to help him.

"You have the potential to become a great Magi, a powerful one who can make this world a better place. That is why you are worthy. It is my job, as your teacher and Servant, to help you reach that potential. Being worthy does not mean that one is perfect right from the beginning. In fact, perfection is impossible. Being worthy means that one has the potential to become better. If you did not have potential and were doomed to be this way for the rest of your life, I would not waste my time with you. You would not have even been able to summon me in the first place." [/Quote]

Once again, Kabuto was left speechless. Yoru was actually serious about training him. Does he...really care about me? Does he...really mean all that?

It had been years since someone believed in him. The human flinched when Yoru grabbed one of his hands, interlocking there fingers together. The moment that Yoru touched him...he felt something.

"I could sense the potential, the goodness, in you, in your magic, in your soul. That is why I responded to your call." [/Quote]

Kabuto wanted to believe Yoru's words, but deep down inside he couldn't. He wondered if the only reason he was able to summon Yoru was because of Ichiru and his unbreakable bond he once had with demons and spirits. ...Did you really sense me...or Ichiru... It slightly hurt Kabuto to hear the intensity and passion in Yoru's voice since he wasn't sure if it belonged to him. It was hard to keep looking at Yoru when he had such hope in his eyes for him, he didn't deserve it. Before he could look away, something strange happened. Yoru's yellow eyes, visibly turned silver. It only happened for a split second but there was no denying what Kabuto just saw. Yoru's eyes changed color! Kabuto looked at Yoru, his mind reeling in countless questions. What was that and why did Yoru look so dumbfounded. He had never seen such a shocked expression on Yoru's face before.

Yoru quickly released him, hiding his face. Touching his eyes in pure terror. Was Yoru....afaird ? Was it even possible for demons to be afraid ? Before he could ask Yoru what was wrong he practically bolted out of the room. His chairs and things disappearing, his head low and face hidden as he shuttered out an apology. What had him so spooked?

"I-I apologize, Master. I must...go for a moment."[/Quote]

"H-hey!! Yoru!!! Wait! --"

The demon stumbled out of the classroom leaving Kabuto to deal with his peers staring at him. There eyes full of judgement and confusion. "Damit!" He grabbed his bag and quickly made his way to the door, only to bump right into the teacher. "And where do you think your going Mr. Akiyama."

"Canttalkgottago-bye!" He said quickly, as he ran past her and booked it down the hall. "How dare you miss my lecture!!!" She shouted. "I already know it!!!" He shouted back. "No running in the halls! Detention after school!!!" She huffed, her face turning red."FAIR ENOUGH!" He turned the corner entering the main corridor. His eyes scanning for Yoru. "Yoru!..Get back here you damn demon!"He yelled. Where the hell did he go?! He heaved a heavy sigh. Could he have gone back to my room?...Or...maybe the forest? Shit...Why am I the one looking for him- I'm his master for crying out loud. Kabuto made his way outside, the sun stinging his eyes. He couldn't have gone too far. He has to stay somewhat close to me...I guess I'll try sensing his aura. Kabuto stopped and calmed his breathing, closing his eyes. He spent about three minutes scanning for Yoru but it was like all traces of his supernatural elegance was nowhere to be found. What the...I can't sense him...is he masking his presence ?... Is that...even possible ? Kabuto bit his lip. "What the hell is going on..." He quickly headed to his dorm room to see if Yoru was there. He really hoped he was.

Yoru's head throbbed as he stumbled down the hallways of the academy, white-hot pain stabbing through his eyes and piercing his brain. Never before had he experienced such intense pain. No...I have felt this pain before...when I... He let out a strangled moan, his knees going weak. Suddenly, he lost his balance and tipped sideways, falling into the wall to the left of him and sliding down until he was sitting on the floor with his back against the wall. He held his head in his hands, eyes squeezed shut. Even if he opened them he wouldn't have been able to see. His vision was black, his ears were ringing - he felt as though he was dying. "What is h-happening to me?" he gasped, arching his back dramatically as new waves of pain washed over him. He had gone off in a random direction when he left the classroom, or so it had seemed at the time, as he was now collapsed in the hallway outside of Kabuto's dorm room. The demon's body was shaking, his pale skin shining with sweat, soft pants and gasps falling from his lips. In the back of his mind, he could feel a dull tugging sensation, and he recognized it as Kabuto searching for him. He would have laughed if he didn't feel like he was being ripped in half. I...cannot let him see me like this... He tried to get up, but his limbs felt heavy, as if they were filled with lead. Just the slightest movement brought with it fresh pain, and his eyes flew open. They were silver once again, but this time they did not return to normal after a few moments. He could taste blood in his mouth, and images of pure white feathers stained red flashed through his mind. The pain, originating in his shoulder blades and spreading up his neck to his head and eyes, was so great that even the malicious voice that plagued him was drowned out. He could hear something through the ringing in his ears, however. He was unable to make it out at first, but it sounded like a name, and it was getting louder and louder. Hirofumi...Hirofumi...HIROFUMI! Yoru threw his head back and screamed, a piercing, earth-shattering noise that shook the building; a cry of pure agony. His human form slipped away, revealing his true form. This time, his jet-black wings appeared along with his crow head, the appendages taking up almost the entirety of the wall he was propped up against. Shockingly, some of the black feathers, both on his wings and on his head, were white, and bright red blood was dripping from the area where his wings were attached to his back, staining his suit. This...is not...supposed to...happen... Yoru now knew what this was, had heard of it happening before, but it was incredibly rare and completely unnatural. There would be severe consequences once Heaven and Hell caught wind of what was going on...

The moment Kabuto stepped into the student dorms he was hit with the sound of a bloody curdling scream that shook the entire building and caused cracks to form on the windows and glass doors. He quickly covered his ears in a desperate attempted to protect them, groaning at the sharp pain that now rang in his ear drums.What the hell is wrong with him! He quickly spotted Yoru at the end of the hall. He was sitting on the ground, yelling and screaming. Kabuto quickly started to run to the other, only to stop half way, his eyes widened as he saw the state the demon was in. Yoru was shaking violently, and his skin had turned ghost pale. He was breathing heavily and his true form was revealed but it had changed. Some of his black feathers were now white, his eyes a shinning silver. Blood dripped from his wings staining not only his suit but the walls and floor.

"..W-..what the hell..."

His voice trembled, as he took a step back. Was he...scared? Kabuto felt powerless and completely useless. He honestly didn't know what to do and that terrified him.

The sudden situation he was now in brought back painful memories and childhood fears that he desperately tried to conceal. The human stood there froze.

I....W-what do I ..he's......blood .. So much...b-blood...I...c-can't breath...

K-abuto...

What do I do!

Kabuto....

What Do I Do!!

T...take it...please..T-ake my..m..ma-gic.

WHAT DO I DO!!!!

His breathing quickened. The human was fanticly panting hard like a fish out of water. He was breathing but to him it felt like he wasn't getting any air.

Kabuto was having a panic attack.

Tears building up in his eyes as he started to wheeze. "What ha-ha nnahh do..ha..I...ha-ha-ha No! Ha! Ha! HA!! HAAAA!!! HAA!! Kabuto's knees fell to the ground and his hands hit the marble floor as his state worsened and tears fell from his eyes. N-not again!! Not again!!!

"Oh my god! Kabuto!! Y-Yoru "Kabuto heard voice and the sound of foot steps running toward him. In seconds Haru stood before him with a panic expression on his face. He knelt down beside him rubbing Kabuto's back in an effort to comfort him. "Kabuto! Look at me! You need to calm down. Everything is ok ..please take slow and calm -easy breaths. " He tried to help him but Kabuto was too lost in his own thoughts that he barely heard Haru. Once Haru realized that his words weren't getting threw to Kabuto he quickly forced the boy to look at him, grabbing his chin. "I'm sorry.." Was all he said as he put his hand over Kabuto's face and casted an illusion spell, the purple circle hung in front of Kabuto's face, making his eyes heavy. The spell Haru casted on him locked Kabuto in a past memory, allowing him to relieve it repeatedly. Haru quickly brought forth a memory that brought Kabuto peace and happiness, causing his breathing to slowly return to normal. He now sat on the floor in a daze, a blank stare on his face and the circle remained slowly spinning in front of him.

Once Kabuto was taken care of Haru rusted over to Yoru and began shrowding the demon is basic enchantment circles. One for healing, peace, pain resistance, Energy, and Spiritual cleansing. Anything he could think of to help ease the pain Yoru was going through. He wasnt sure if it would help Yoru, but at least he was doing something, considering that he had no idea what was going on or why this was happening to the Tengu.

"Yoru...are you ok? S-should I go get the head master? Tell me what I should do!

HIROFUMI...HIROFUMI...Yoru?...Yoru, are you okay? S-should I go get the head master? Tell me what I should do! Haru's voice cut through the roaring in the demon's ears. His head lolled to the side as he looked over at the young Magi, his breathing heavy and his silver eyes distant. "Haru," he gasped, recognition causing his gaze to sharpen. He struggled to sit up straight, his limbs loose and uncoordinated. Haru's magic had dulled the pain, and he was able to focus more because of it. "Haru, where is Kabuto?" The demon and his Master were linked, and Yoru had sensed Kabuto's suffering through his own. He lifted his head as best as he could, scanning the hallway almost frantically. He visibly relaxed when he saw Kabuto, immediately understanding what was going on. "Thank you for helping him, Haru," he rasped, a few droplets of blood dripping from the tip of his beak. He slumped back against the wall, clenching and unclenching his fists repeatedly in an attempt to ground himself. "Bring Kabuto to his room," he ordered, "and watch over him until this is over." The demon forced himself to his knees and, bracing himself with a hand against the wall, he stood. Very slowly, he began making his way down the hallway, leaving a trail of blood in his wake. "I will...find a place to be alone...and wait for this to stop." There was little information on the process Yoru was going through, but he knew that the pain and the bleeding would not stop until it was complete. "When he wakes up...tell him that I am fine, and that...and that I will return to him soon. Do not...let him look for me. This is something I must do alone." With that said, Yoru disappeared around the corner at the end of the hallway. His goal had been to take refuge in the forest surrounding the school, but the farther the got from Haru, the weaker the magic dulling the pain became. Soon it became too much for him to bear, and he ended up dragging himself into a supply closet, managing to shut the door behind him before collapsing.

Yoru laid in that supply closet for hours, his body shaking and seizing as his transformation took place. The process was slow and agonizing, and he hoped that Haru would be able to soothe the pain that Kabuto would feel due to their link. I am so sorry, Kabuto... The black feathers on his right wing fell out one by one, and were gradually replaced by white feathers. The same thing happened on the right side of his head. His right eye remained silver, while his left eye returned to its original golden-yellow. When the transformation was complete and the pain and bleeding finally stopped, Yoru's left side was the way it had always been - ink black feathers and a piercing yellow eye - while his right side was completely different - pure white feathers and a haunting silver-gray eye. He slowly rose to his feet, dazed, his mind still processing what had happened. He was struggling to come to terms with the fact that he now had his memories of his time as a demon, as well as his memories of his time as an angel.

My name was Hirofumi... he thought as he opened the door to the supply closet, ignoring the dried blood that had stained the tiled floor. And I fell because...because I tried to help a Dark Magi...they called me a traitor... He shook his head to clear it; he needed to go back to Kabuto, to see how he was, to explain what had happened. He paused in the middle of the hallway, deciding that it would be best for him to be in his human form. This time, when he transformed, shadows swirled around his left side while white lights, like snow, swirled around his left. Just like with his true form, the left side of his human form was unchanged - black hair and a yellow eye - while his right side was changed - white hair and a gray eye. He was wearing the same suit, however.

Once he was in his human form, he made his way back to Kabuto's dorm room, knocking lightly on the door before entering. He gave the two young Magis inside a tired smile. "Kabuto, Haru." Yoru was now a Nephilim - a creature that was half-demon, half-angel. A very powerful, rare, and taboo creature that demons wanted to control, angels wanted to kill, and Magis wanted to study. There had only been two other Nephilims in the history of the universe, the first of which was Lucifer himself. "There is much I must tell you."

"Haru, where is Kabuto?" [/Quote]

"I...casted a illusion spell on him. He was having a panic attack. "

"Thank you for helping him, Haru,"[/Quote]

"O-of course! What are friends..." He said softly. Haru gave the demon a small smile but he couldn't help but take notice of how the others state only seemed to worsen. His spells only slowed down whatever was happening to Yoru.

"Bring Kabuto to his room, and watch over him until this is over." [/Quote]

"O-ok but-what about you!

"I will...find a place to be alone...and wait for this to stop. When he wakes up...tell him that I am fine, and that...and that I will return to him soon. Do not...let him look for me. This is something I must do alone."[/Quote]

Haru watched the demon struggle to his feet, making his way down the hallway. Haru wanted to stop him but in truth...this was none of his business. Yoru was a powerful demon that had lived for centuries. Who was he to question him or stop him. With out saying another word, he did as he was told, grabbing Kabuto and taking him inside.

Once Haru released him from his spell it didn't take long for Kabuto to wake up, he quickly opened his eyes, sitting up in panic. His eyes scanning his surroundings and quickly realizing he was in his dorm room. "W-What happened...w-where's Yoru. "

"He left. He said that he needed to be by myself and to not go after him. He said he'd come back to you when whatever is going on with him is over. "

"Damn demon! "

"He said he was...ok. "

Kabuto scuffed. "Ok my ass! Did he look ok to you! " Kabuto ran a hand over his face in frustration. His memories flooding back to him. He couldn't get Yoru's horrible state out of his mind. He looked like he was dying! He could only image the pain he was going threw. His eyes fell back onto Haru who was awkwardly sitting on the floor next to the door. His head low. "What you saw today, you better never tell anyone...that includes Yoru." He hissed. He didn't want people to know that the famous Kabuto cried and cracked under the pressure, having a panic attack. "One...your welcome....and two...I would never...are you always this hostile? "

Kabuto ignored him, turning away. Silence fell between the two for a very long time however, Kabuto was the first to break it after 20 minutes. "...thank you....and...I'm sorry...for what happened in class..." He muttered, avoiding eye-contact. He kept his arms crossed and head low as well, since Kabuto hated apologizing. Haru was surprised to hear such words come out of the others mouth. "...so you can apologize. "

"Shut up before I change my mind shorty!"

Haru smiled a little, shaking his head. "...Kabuto...will you be my friend. "

Kabuto's eyes widened slightly at Haru's offer. He was suprised that the other still wanted to be his friend, much less be so bold as to just ask here and now given the situation they were in. He turned away from the other shrugging. "Do what you want....I don't care. " Haru immediately started to laugh at Kabuto's reply, causing the boy to tense up and glare at his classmate.

"What's so funny!"

"..oh..haha..its nothing..ha.ha...its just ...your so prideful...haha you should be more honest with yourself. "

Kabuto turned away again sulking. Recalling that Yoru had once said the very same thing to him.

Yoru...What the hells going on...where are you!

{ 15 minutes later }

There was a knock on Kabuto's dorm. Both Magi's quickly jumped, not sure who it was but deep down, hoping it was Yoru. The door opened, their eyes fell on the demon who entered, giving them a tired smile.

"Kabuto, Haru."[/Quote]

The two Magi's couldn't help but stare at Yoru's new appearance. The left side of his face was unchanged, but his right side was different. He had white hair now and his right eye was gray.

"Y-Yoru...are you...ok?"

"What the hell....what happened to you? " Haru stared at the demon in pure amazement. His jaw slowly dropping. "C-could it be....y-your a N-Nephilim?" Kabuto turned to Haru as if he was crazy. "What?! N-no way...are you hearing yourself. T-that's not...possible...."

"There is much I must tell you."[/Quote]

"I'm sure there is..." He said bitterly. "Start by telling me what the hell happened to you. "

"I'm sure there is...start by telling me what the hell happened to you."

Yoru nodded, closing the door behind him and walking further into the room. He was still a little shaky, so he took a seat at Kabuto's desk, trying his best not to reveal to the two Magis how weak he currently was. He sank into the chair with a quiet sigh, his body visibly relaxing, and closed his eyes for a moment. When he opened them again, the weariness reflected in them had lessened somewhat.

"Haru is right," he began, locking eyes with Kabuto. "I am a Nephilim." He paused for a moment to let that sink in before continuing. "As you know, the most powerful demons are fallen angels. I, too, am a fallen angel. Or, I suppose I should say I was. When an angel falls, their wings are ripped off, and their Grace, the source of their magic, is forcibly torn from them. Then they are pushed out of Heaven and into Hell, where they gain new magic from the darkness. This process completely wipes away their memories of their past life as an angel, and they are given a new, demonic identity. Sometimes, however, not all of the angel's Grace is removed. When this happens, the demon is able to recall fragments of their life as an angel, and they retain some aspects of their angelic personality. That was why I, as a demon, chose to help humans rather than harm them. If the demon's remaining Grace is activated - how this happens, exactly, remains unknown - the demon becomes a Nephilim."

"Nephilims are incredibly powerful beings, but they are also extremely unstable. Their souls are split down the middle, torn between good and evil. They are a lot like humans in that regard." A wry smile twisted his lips. "Theoretically, a Nephilim can also be born as the offspring of a demon and an angel, but such a thing has never occurred." Yoru looked between the two Magis, hesitating for a moment before deciding that the two humans deserved to know more about him, if for no other reason than as payment for putting them through all of this. "Before I was a demon - before I was Yoru - I was an angel named Hirofumi. Instead of a crow, I was a dove. I fell because I tried to help a Dark Magi. I wanted to save him, to reform him, but the other angels wanted me to kill him. I refused, and they called me a traitor." His eyes darkened, a look of betrayal flashing across his pale face. "So they tore out my wings and ripped out my Grace and threw me out of Heaven." His yellow eye glowed gold, and a dark aura formed around him. It only lasted for a few moments, as he soon calmed down and regained control of his magic once again.

"I apologize for my behavior. As I said, Nephilim are quite unstable." He sighed regretfully, lowering his head and staring at his lap. "That is no excuse. But I will need time to relearn how to control myself, to become accustomed to my new power. Also, my transformation released a great wave of magical energy. Both demons and angels - and some humans - will come after me. It will be unsafe to be around me. So, Kabuto, I understand if you would like to sever our bond." His expression was pained; he had managed to grow attached to Kabuto and Haru, and he would forever regret not being able to teach them. "Never before have a Magi and a Nephilim bonded. You will be in just as much danger as myself if you stay with me." He lifted his head and met Kabuto's gaze. "The choice is yours."

Kabuto stared at Yoru, his mouth opening but the words wouldn't come out. Yoru was a Nephilim. Half angel. Half demon. You've got to be kidding me.

"Yoru..thank you for telling us your story...I'm sorry that happened to you.." Haru said softly, truly meaning every word. He truly cared about demons and spirits, even tho he couldn't really connect with them. He glanced at Kabuto seeing the confliction and confusion in his eyes.

"The choice is mine? Well ...wouldn't it make sense to end our bond...I wanted to master Conjuration, just enough so I could summon a demon. Then out poped you...I wanted you to go back, but you refused. Said I wasn't worthy....so deep down I wanted to prove to you that I was. " He smirked a little, recalling the past. "And I did...But...I didn't sign up for this. Not to be your student nor your friend...I didn't sign up for you to cause my problems and put my life in danger...."

His eyes fell, as he crossed his arms.

"I was just fine without you...I'll be just fine when your gone. "

"K-Kabuto. Your being too harsh. Just when I thought you made some progress--there you go again being so ruthless. Would it kill you to do something for someone else and not yourself! Your really just gonna leave Yoru?! "

Kabuto ignored Haru , his eyes locking onto Yoru's mitch-matched ones. "My choice right? Then I choose to sever our bond. "

"But Kabuto-!"

"Shut up...this is none of your business. "

"My choice, right? Then I choose to sever our bond."

Disappointment and sadness flashed across Yoru's face despite his best efforts to remain impassive. He held up a hand to Haru to silence him, keeping his eyes locked with Kabuto's. "It is his choice, Haru," he said, trying to sound cold and uncaring but failing miserably. It had been so easy to control his emotions when he had been a demon; the cruelness had come naturally to him then. But now that he was half angel, he was much more sensitive. "Very well then." He stood up and walked over to Kabuto, standing in front of him. He simply looked at him for a few moments, gathering his thoughts, before speaking. "Promise me one thing. Promise me that you will remember why you are worthy." Yoru gave the young Magi a pained smile. "I know that you will do great things, Kabuto Akiyama." With that said, Yoru reached out with his right hand and placed his palm on Kabuto's chest. He closed his eyes and focused his magic on their bond. An ethereal thread appeared between them, connecting their hearts, a visual manifestation of their bond. The end of the thread extending from Kabuto's chest was blue, and the end extending from Yoru's chest was black and white, the three colors meeting in the middle. The thread began to vibrate, shaking faster and faster, before snapping in half. Yoru let out a pained grunt and pulled his hand away from Kabuto, no longer meeting his gaze. Their bond was severed.

"It is done," he murmured, turning away from the young Magi. He straightened his tie and brushed off imaginary dust from his suit jacket, making his way over to the door. He turned the handle and pushed the door open, trying to ignore the ache in his chest. If there was one good thing about being a demon, it was the lack of feeling. I had forgotten that emotions cause so much pain, he thought ruefully. "Goodbye Kabuto, Haru. Good luck with your studies," he said with his back to them. He then walked out of the room, heading for the exit. He was no longer a demon, so he could not return to Hell, and he had been banished from Heaven when he fell. He had nowhere to go; he was stuck on Earth. I have no purpose, he realized as he made his way down the hallway. I can no longer be summoned like a full demon or angel, so I will not be able to find a new Master. He slowed his pace, something akin to panic building within him. There has to be something I can do, some way for me to help people. He stopped in the middle of the hallway, thinking. I did my fair share of smiting when I was an angel, and that is not something I want to do ever again. As a demon, I taught my Masters...perhaps I can still teach. An idea struck him at that moment, and he found himself overcome with excitement. Now, how do I go about this...

They hadn't known each other long, and Kabuto wasn't the nicest person to Yoru but here he was hanging his head a little feeling somehow...bad. Why is he acting so sad...

"Promise me one thing. Promise me that you will remember why you are worthy."[/Quote]

Kabuto stared up at the demon, his words piercing him like a dagger. He was so affected by Yoru's simple words that it took him by surprise. Why did he care what Yoru thought of him? Why did it feel so nice to hear him say that. "...Its been a long time since someone believed in me...It'd be wrong of me to let you down. " He gave Yoru a small smile, shrugging his shoulders.

"I know that you will do great things, Kabuto Akiyama." [/Quote]

He shrugged again, grinning. "I might." Kabuto didn't care to watch Yoru break there bond. He turned away, closing his eyes. Only when he felt the thread between them sever did he open his eyes, flinching at the slight hug of pain he felt in his chest.

"It is done," [/Quote]

"...yeah." Kabuto watched Yoru straighten himself out and checking to make sure he looked ok before walking towards the door. Kabuto bit his lip feeling like he should say something...they were probably never going to see each other again.

"Hey...Yoru...I know we didn't exactly get along...more like...I just didn't get along with you...but...as much as I hate demons...just know that being around you...wasn't as terrible as I made it seem.......that's all I'm gonna say..." Kabuto grunted, awkwardly scratching the back of his head and avoiding eye-contact.

"Goodbye Kabuto, Haru. Good luck with your studies," [/Quote]

"Goodbye Yoru. I wish nothing but the best for you and hope that our paths will meet again..."

Kabuto rolled his eyes. "See ya...damn nephilim ~"

And just like that...he was gone.

Silence fell between Haru and Kabuto since both boys weren't sure what to say to each other. Yoru was really...gone. "Sorry but...could you leave? I got to go to detention. "

"Oh-right. Sorry. Yeah I'll go, but...uh..look..if you get lonely or..upset--"

"I'm fine Haru...Yoru and I weren't even close. Could harely call that demon a friend. "

"...I see...I get the feeling Yoru would be sad hearing you say that. He seemed to really care about you. "

" It doesn't matter anymore Haru. Just forget he was even here...I already did....I got to go." He quickly rushed Haru out of his bedroom and locked the door behind him. "Later..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

{ Next Day }

Kabuto sat in the back of his morning class with his head on the desk. He didn't get much sleep last night and dentetion yesterday was mind blowingly boring. He managed to get to class 15 minutes early, since he was almost late yesterday. Haru came into the room shortly after him and sat beside him again. However, this time he didn't protest. "Moring." Kabuto didn't respond, he just gave the other a small nod, keep his head down. "You look tired. "

" You don't say.." He muttered sarcastically.

Yoru put his plan into action as soon as he finished thinking it through. It was an impossible task for a normal human, but the nephilim had powerful magic on his side. First, he made his way to the first floor of the academy, where all of the faculty offices were. With his strange hair and eyes, he would no doubt attract the attention of the professors and students milling about, so he cast an illusion spell to make himself both invisible and undetectable. Once he was hidden, he phased through the door to the men's restroom, making sure that it was empty before uncloaking.

He studied himself in the mirror for a moment before running his fingers through his hair. As he did so, the strands of white hair on the right side of his head turned black to match the left side. He touched his left eye next, the gold color bleeding out and being replaced by the same pale gray as his right eye. When that was done he removed his suit jacket and made it disappear, now only wearing black dress shoes, black slacks, a white button-up with the sleeves rolled down to his wrists, and a black tie. He checked himself over in the mirror and smiled, pleased to see that his expression was much more human and much less demonic. With his glamor securely in place, he exited the restroom, walking down the hallway as if he belonged there. No one batted an eye at him, though he did receive some curious glances.

The nephilim entered the main office and stepped up to the desk, the man behind the counter looking up at him with a bored expression. "Can I help you?" Yoru nodded, giving the man a friendly smile.

"Yes, my name is Hiroshi Yoichi and today is my first day." The man raised an eyebrow, turning to his computer.

"I didn't know we hired a new professor. Let me check." Yoru tilted his head slightly, focusing his magic on the device. When the man pulled up the employee files, Yoru's new name was there, followed by the tag 'Recently Hired.' It was just an illusion for now, but once he had access to his own computer he would be able to make the file permanent.

"Oh, there you are. You're teaching Necromancy in room 631. You might want to hurry though, your class is starting soon!" Yoru nodded, watching as the man printed and laminated an ID card for him, which also functioned as a key. He took it with a quick 'thank you' before leaving the office, heading for the elevator. He made it to his room five minutes before class started, and took a moment to compose himself before entering. Most of the class was there already, and he couldn't help but stop in suprise when he was Kabuto and Haru.

I did not know I would be seeing them again so soon, he thought, a small smile on his face as he made his way over to his desk. He straightened out the papers on the desk and took note of what the previous professor had been teaching, preparing himself for the lesson. He couldn't help but feel grateful to Mr. Kendrick for his decision to retire, as he wouldn't have been able to follow through with his plan otherwise. No matter how desperate he was to feel useful, he wouldn't manipulate an innocent's life to get what he wanted. I am glad that I sat in on Kabuto's class, or I would not have heard about Mr. Kendrick's retirement.

The bell signaling the start of class rang, and Yoru walked to the front of his desk, standing in front of it with his hands clasped behind his back. He looked over the class, eyes resting a moment too long on Kabuto and Haru, before speaking. "Hello, my name is Mr. Yoichi and I am Mr. Kendrick's replacement. I will be teaching you from now on."

Kabuto hadn't been with Yoru long, so getting back to his regular routine came easy. He did briefly wonder this morning where Yoru was or where he might be going. Had he left the country?

Forget it...it doesn't matter...He told himself, resting his eyes. He had already read the student handbook on Necromancy front to back, twice. So Mr. Kendrick had nothing to teach him. He usually slept during his class. "Are you going to sleep again?" Kabuto groaned a response, too tired to use words. "But..we're suppose to be getting a new teacher since Mr.Kendrick retired yesterday....shouldn't you try to stay awake. " Kabuto hide his face in his arms, grunting again. Haru sighed softly, giving up. "Fine...I'll take notes for you. "

A few more minutes passed before there new teacher entered the roon, the bell went off, signaling the start of class. Kabuto was already asleep but when Haru's eyes fell on others fimilar face, he lit up in pure joy. "N-no way. " A smile growing.

"Hello, my name is Mr. Yoichi and I am Mr. Kendrick's replacement. I will be teaching you from now on."[/Quote]

Haru turned to Kabuto, trying to wake him. "Kabuto. Wake up! You won't believe this! Kabuto!" He whispered, shaking him lightly. Kabuto grunted a little in disapproval as he slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"what is it... You better not have woke me up for some stupid reas--" His eyes fell on Yoru. You have got to be shiting me!!! He glared at the nephilim, sulking in his seat."Aren't you happy! He came back. "

"I wouldn't say happy..." He muttered. He came back? But why? And as a teacher?...He's putting all the students here in danger!

The Magi leaned back in his chair, keeping his head low, not really wanting to draw Yoru's attention.

It was going to be a very long day.

Yoru noticed Kabuto's glare out of the corner of his eye and smirked, covering his mouth with his right hand and faking a cough to hide it. He gave a kind smile to Haru before turning his attention to the class as a whole. "I looked over Mr. Kendrick's notes, and it seems that he was teaching you the proper technique for drawing necrotic circles. However, his technique is...not the most effective, if I may say so. I will be showing you a much more effective way of drawing necrotic circles, as well as other techniques to strengthen your magic." He picked up a black marker from his desk and walked over to the whiteboard, drawing two circles next to each other. The first circle was

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
was brand new, as it was not found in any of the school's textbooks.

"You will find that using the second circle will prove much more effective," Yoru said as he capped the marker. "Its design magnifies your magical energy and strengthens your connection to the spiritual realm." He picked up a stack of plain white paper and began to hand one to each student. "I would like you all to practice drawing the second circle. If you find yourselves having trouble, you may ask me for help. I can also provide a demonstration if necessary."

I'm such an idiot...I knew it was to good to be true...can I really not get this demon out of my life!

Kabuto sunk further into his seat, crossing his arms as he stared at the board, watching Yoru draw two magic circles. The first circle was the necrotic circle that Mr. Kendrick had taught the class, it was what he used and was considered the most common. To every student, the second circle was foreign to them and brand new. It was not in any of there textbooks. However...Kabuto recognized the circle. It far too unique for him to ever forget. His body froze. "Wow..I've never seen this type of magic circle before. I might have trouble drawing it. " Haru whispered, but Kabuto's eyes were guled to drawing.

"You will find that using the second circle will prove much more effective,"[/Quote]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Snow covered the ground, the cold air nipping at his nose. "Ichiru! Wait for me"

"Your so slow Kabuto."

Ichiru held a stick in his hand and began to draw in the snow. Kabuto stood beside him , watching in wonder. "What are you doing Ichiru?"

"Can't you tell? I'm drawing a magic circle silly. "

"W-well yeah but...I've never seen one like that before..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Its design magnifies your magical energy and strengthens your connection to the spiritual realm."[/Quote]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I just learned it. One of my friends showed me. " He said smiling. Kabuto's eyes fell, "Oh...so your...gonna talk to the spirits again?"

"Uh huh! I really like talking to them. I consider them my friends..Almost like a second family. I tell Ezuo and Nino everything. They've been teaching me so much brother. I wish you'd play with them. " After hearing those words, Kabuto felt a tight pain in his chest. He touched his face, only to feel salty tears fall from his eyes. Ichiru turned hearing his brothers sniffling. "Kabuto? What's wrong? Why are you crying.

I'm not crying stupid!" He covered his face. Its just...you said the demons and spirts are like your family. D-does that mean you don't need me anymore? That you don't like your first family? T-that..you feel like...you can't talk to me..do I not...matter any more..Ichiru?"

"What?! No no! That's not it at all Kabu--"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Kabuto!"

Kabuto blinked, hearing Haru shout his name. He slowly turned to his friend looking...lost. Haru handed him a sheet of paper with worried eyes.

"Kabuto...are you ok? You look like you've seen a ghost. "

"I'm fine..." He muttered, rubbing at his watery eyes. His hands were slightly shaking. He suddenly stood, grabbing his bag. Why now! Why do I have to start remembering you now! Damit! I can't stay here!He quickly made his way to the door, causing all the students to stare. He didn't even bother saying anything to Yoru, he just abruptly stood and stormed out of the classroom, slamming to door behind him.

Yoru returned to his desk once he finished handing out the papers, taking a seat and opening a black spiral notebook, intent on planning out his next few classes. He picked up a silver pen and began writing, pausing every so often to look up and see if anyone needed help. He startled slightly when he heard Haru suddenly shout Kabuto's name, immediately lifting his head and turning his attention to his two favorite students. His eyes widened when he saw the tears in Kabuto's eyes, and he stood up at the same time Kabuto did, watching with a confused and concerned expression as the young Magi stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. Without a moment's hesitation, he followed. "I will be right back, class. Please continue practicing drawing the circle while I am gone," he said as he opened the door, closing it behind him and catching up with Kabuto. "Kabuto! What is wrong?" The worry in his voice was obvious.

Kabuto felt like his mind was flooding. He couldn't keep pretending that he was ok. He couldn't keep suppressing the guilt, hatred, and heartache he felt. He was seconds away from running out of the building, but just when he was about too, he heard Yoru's voice. It practically paralyzed him. He hunched over his body, covering his ears, slightly twitching.

"Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!" He shouted. His back to the nephilim. "I hate you! I hate all of you!! This is all your fault!" He suddenly turned, glaring daggers at Yoru, tears in his eyes. He clenched in teeth, his magic darkening. "If you hadn't shown up, I wouldn't keep remembering ! You monsters! You demons ruined my life and took everything from me!!! I refuse to let you lie to me! All your kindness, and words are bullshit!! I'm not gonna fall for it!! NOT LIKE HIM! IM NOT LIKE HIM!!!"

Kabuto took a step toward the other, black smoke oozing out of his body.

"I'm tired of hiding it. I'm tired of constantly being in pain! I never wanted this!!! I never wanted any of th---"

As Kabuto approached Yoru, the look in his eyes was a mix of great remorse and sadness. Tears already running down his face, but in an instant, the Magi suddenly collapsed to his knees screaming. A beam of dark and purple light erupted from his body. He had lost control of his magic, and was now quickly being consumed by it and the darkness. He was transforming into a dark Magi.

Kabuto laid on the floor, complusing, crying, and wildly screaming. The desire to kill demons and spirits growing within him. The need for revenge, and lost of everything he held dear becoming insatiable. His eyes began to change color, glowing red. His finger nails sharpening, growing longer with each passing second.

Feeling the sudden burst of magic and hearing the screaming. Students from all classes peaked outside there doors, staring at the sudden chaos in shock. Everyone would be endanger if Kabuto transformed into a dark Magi. Panic quickly sunk into the students.Teachers from the other classrooms quickly tried to calm there children, not letting them out into the hall way. "Students! Get back in your classrooms immediately!"

They needed to perform a cleansing, to calm Kabuto and remove the darkness that was consuming his magic and body. The four teachers quickly surrounded Kabuto, green magic circles coming out of the palm of there hands, creating a glowing light green barrier around the boy.

"Kabuto! Get a hold of yourself!!"

"You must calm down Kabuto! Do not let your emotions run wild!"

Even though the teachers were skilled at magic, they were not reaching Kabuto, there cleansing spell appeared to be having no affect on him. He continued to violently thrash on the floor, pulling at his hair and clawing at the ground. His screaming was horrendous, and was sounding less and less human. "Its not working. We aren't getting threw to him!"

This was bad...the youngest and most powerful Magi to ever be born...was turning into a dark Magi right before there very eyes! How could there magic even match up too Kabuto's when he had four times more then your average Magi. Yoru was perhaps the only person who could reach him now, but how could he do that if he didn't know what was wrong . What triggered Kabuto's sudden behavior and hatred.

He needed to endaved Kabuto's mind and figure out what he was running from, before he fully turned. If he didn't save him now, Kabuto would permanently turn into a dark Magi. It was time to see what made Kabuto like this...what had permanently scarred him. What or who had ruined his life.

The nephilim's heart stopped at the sight of the black smoke oozing from Kabuto's pores. His eyes widened, and he found himself frozen to the spot, watching in shock and horror as black and purple light erupted from the young man's chest. No... He couldn't let Kabuto become a Dark Magi. The angels would find out, and they would kill him just like they killed the Dark Magi that Yoru had tried to save before he fell. A wave of powerful emotions crashed over Yoru, so powerful that his own aura flared much like Kabuto's. Black shadows speckled with flecks of bright white light swirled around Yoru, his glamor falling apart, revealing his white hair and golden eye. One of the professors let out a gasp of shock, shouting "Nephilim!" in warning, but Yoru ignored her. His human form melted away as he took on his true form. The right side of his head was that of a dove's, with pure white feathers and a bright silver eye, while the left side of his head was that of a crow's, with jet black feathers and a bright golden eye. His enormous wings appeared, the right wing made of white feathers and the left wing made of black feathers, and his suit split down the middle, the right side of the suit white and the left side of the suit black.

Yoru pushed the professors away from Kabuto, forcing them several feet back with a flap of his wings. He knelt beside Kabuto and pulled the human into his lap, holding onto him tightly so that they stayed connected despite Kabuto's thrashing. "Get away from him!" one of the professors screeched, "We're trying to save him!" The nephilim paid him no mind, knowing that only he would be able to save Kabuto. He held Kabuto close to his chest and closed his eyes, speaking in an ancient language unknown to even the professors. A strange magical circle appeared beneath them, the left half of it drawn with demonic symbols and glowing black, and the right half of it drawn with angelic symbols and glowing white. The light shining up from the circle formed a barrier around the pair, preventing anyone from approaching.

"This is my fault, Kabuto," Yoru whispered, his eyes still tightly shut. "I should have left once our bond was broken. But I was too selfish to let you go. I will use all of my power to save you now, even if it kills me." With that said, he lowered his head and pressed the tip of his dual-colored beak to Kabuto's forehead. The two-toned magic of the nephilim, consisting of both dark and light, prodded against Kabuto's mind, demanding entrance. The nephilim's dark magic melded with the dark magic surging through Kabuto, forming a connection between the two, and Yoru entered Kabuto's mind. Now the nephilim's light magic was needed to bring Kabuto back from the edge, to help him find balance once again.

As soon as Yoru entered Kabuto's mind, he was hit by all of the boy's negative emotions. Oh kabuto...what happened to you?

Yoru was surrounded by vast darkness. Not a single light, smell, or sound emanating from any direction, however Yoru's magic connected to Kabuto's emotions, hitting the Nephilim with all his sorrow, regret, and hatred. Yoru stood in the darkness for only a few moments before two boys ran threw him, brining with them color and sound. It was like he was a ghost, witnessing the past. He now stood in a forest covered in snow, a large estate could be seen in the distance. He could hear the children's laughter as the two boys played. They couldn't be more than 6 years old. "Tag! Your it."

" Ichiru! No fair! Come back here!" The two were not only young, but identical. There tiny body's surging with large amounts of magic and potential.

To Yoru, it would feel like hours went by as days passed and blended together, the area around him changing from winter to summer, from inside to outside. He saw it all. Saw how the two twins appeared to be inseparable, doing anything an everything together. The only time they were allowed to play was a night, when the two would sneak out. There parents were very hard on them, forcing them to constantly study and train. If the twins didn't reach there father's expectations, he would scold them by refusing them food and giving them beatings. The one twin who seemed to get scolded the most was Kabuto. He lacked patience and could hardly sit still. Ichiru would sometimes try to take the punishments for his sibling, wanting to protect him. There parents were hardly around and even though they had servants to take care of them, the boys lacked the love of parents.

Yoru would most likely be surprised to see that Kabuto was the weakest of the pair. Always struggling, crying, and sneaking into Ichiru's bedroom to sleep with him when he couldn't sleep alone. How ever, it was clear to see that both boys loved magic. Ichiru was extremely gifted in Necormacy and Conjuration. Spirts were just naturally drawn to his kindness. He'd often summon demons in order to befriend them. He saw them as friends, vs servants of slaves. Time had passed, and winter had returned, now the twins appeared to be 7. By now he had witnessed Ichiru's growing fascination and love for demons and spirits, spending more and more time with the dead then Kabuto.

"The servants will be looking for us soon. I don't know if this is a good idea. "

"Then stay here."

"..B- but....."

Kabuto watched as his twin brother sunk out the back. There parents were gone for the day, so Ichiru was heading to the woods to summon demons and spirits. It was clear Kabuto didn't really like demons, since they frightened him, however, he was desperate to stay close to his brother. He quickly followed after him.

"Ichiru! Wait for me"

"Your so slow Kabuto."

Ichiru held a stick in his hand and began to draw in the snow. Kabuto stood beside him , watching in wonder. "What are you doing Ichiru?"

"Can't you tell? I'm drawing a magic circle silly. "

"W-well yeah but...I've never seen one like that before..."

"I just learned it. One of my friends showed me. " He said smiling. Kabuto's eyes fell, "Oh...so your...gonna talk to the demons again?"

"Uh huh! I really like talking to them. I consider them my friends..Almost like a second family. I tell Ezuo and Nino everything. They've been teaching me so much brother. I wish you'd play with them. " After hearing those words, Kabuto began to cry, Ichiru quickly stopped what he was doing to comfort his brother. "Kabuto? What's wrong? Why are you crying."

"I'm not crying stupid!" He covered his face." Its just...you said that the demons and spirts are like your family. D-does that mean you don't need me anymore? T-that..you feel like...you can't talk to me..do I not...matter any more..Ichiru?"

"What?! No no! That's not it at all Kabuto. "

He hugged him tightly. It was clear to see that the only thing Kabuto valued was his brother. The only love and attention they got was from each other. He was so deeply attached to the twin. Ichiru was all he had.

"Your such a crybaby sometimes. I'll always love you. Your by brother silly. We will always be connected....I know your scared of demons but why dont you meet Nino and Ezuo. There really nice. You can be there friends too!" Using the magic circle that Yoru drew in class, the young Magi summoned two very powerful demons, both considered A-ranked. Nino was a female serpent demon, the top half of her body was human but from the waste down she had the body of a snake. Her scales and hair a firey red. Ezuo was a large tiger, with black flaming furry and glowing red eyes. The demons toward over the two twins. It was no surprise Kabuto was scared of the creatures. Ichiru had no idea what he was summoning. He had so much magic that he didn't know his limits. He was also far to young to know all the types of demons out there.

Kabuto hide behind his brother. Ichiru was unaware that the demons he summoned were not only extremly powerful and dangerous, but also unstable. Most Magi's needed years of practice to control A-ranked demons, and since his magic was so unstable, this wasnt looking good.

"My my.. Who is thisssss? He looksssss just like you Ichiru~Issss thissss your brother you told us sssso much about~ The snake demon hissed, tilting her head to the side, trying to get a better look at Kabuto.

When summoning demons, the number one rule was to never show fear, since the demons could not only sense it, but feed off of it. It could easily send them into a frenzy making them harder to control. "He smells really good~" The tigher got closer, sniffing Kabuto, making him feel extremely uncomfortable.

"Yes, he is. Please be nice. Kabuto is a little scared of demons but...you guys are my friends so I wanted him to meet you. I wanted to show him that he had nothing to fear. "

He turned to face his brother, holding his trembling hands. "Its ok Kabuto..there nice demons. "

"I-Ichiru I'm scared! P-please make them go away! I wanna go back home! Now!"

"b-but we just got--"

"nnnnaahhhaaa~ oh how delightful!!! Ssssilmply delightful...oh that look on your face~ I want to hear you ssscream~" The female snake gripped at her hair, twitching as she encircled the two. Trapping them. Kabuto's fear was driving her mad.

"W-what? N-Nino what are you doing! Stop it! Stop it right now! Your scaryi-- It all happened so quickly. Ichiru had no time to react as the demon bit into his shoulder, causing blood to stain the pure snow. Ichiru fell back into Kabuto screaming.

"ICHIRU!!"

"AAAAAAHHH~~~ MORE MORE MORE!!! hahaha "

Ichiru had losted his hold on the demons. "Don't hog the brats for yourself...let me kill one. " The demons had turned on him. "Why are you doing this!! I-Ichiru....h-he said you were his..his friends! His family! Why did you hurt him!!!!"

"haha haha!!! Family!! Don't make me laugh! How could we be friendssss with human garbage like you...."

"S-something's wrong...t-this isn't Nino...or Ezuo."

Ichiru struggled to stand, holding his dislocated shoulder. He was hurt badly. "N-Nino...Ezuo..p-please stop.." He pleaded but it was no use. Nino knocked Kabuto out of her trap, allowing Ezuo to have his way with him. Now that they were separated , all Kabuto could do was tremble and cry. He was froze, unable to move, let alone use his magic. He was so terrified that he wet himself. "Kabuto! "

He only had a few seconds to act or the two could very well die! Using his blood, Ichiru drew an enchantment on his palm. "I said STOP ITTTTT!!!! A bright green light fell down on Nino and Ezuo, purging the darkness from them and forcing them back into hell. The demons screamed, trying fight the magic but were unsuccessful.

Once the demons were gone, Kabuto stumbled to his brothers side, Ichiru was losing too much blood. It was far to late to heal him. "K-Kabuto. I... I c-can't see.."

"I'm here! I'm right here Ichiru!"He squeezed his brothers hand pulling him close."K-abuto...I-I'm scared...I-... I think I'm...dying ."

"Y-your ok...your N-not dying!"

"Kabuto...."

"SHUT UP! Your not dying!!! You can't die!! I won't let you!"

Ichiru slowly let go of his brothers hand. A blue ball of magic gathering in his palm. Ichiru was trying to give Kabuto his magic.

T...take it...please..T-ake my..m..ma-gic..."

"No! I won't!! I can't! Ichiru I can't! "

"Y.you...h-have too...h-hurry...p-please...take it.."

Kabuto hesitated for a very long moment before accepting Ichiru's magic, his body obsoribing the blue light. "t...than-k you.." Was the last thing his brother said before falling limp in his arms. "ICHIRU!!! NO!! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!! DON'T DIE!! I NEED YOU!!! ICHIRU!!! PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU!! DON'T LEAVE ME...AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Yoru was suddenly sucked out of the memory, standing in Kabuto's living room. The boy was still covered in his brothers blood as his parents stood before him. His mother in tears as his father scolded him with a harsh slap to the face. His parents had decided to burn Ichiru's body and pretend that he never existed. It was Kabuto's job to take his place and be the only child his parents had. To the outside world..no one would ever know Ichiru ever existed.

After Ichiru passed Kabuto suffered from panic attacks and nightmares. He was often sick in bed with high fevers until he turned 13. since his body was too small to contain the magic inside of him.

This is why he hatred demons. Why he worked and trained so vigorously nonstop. Why he didn't trust Yoru the day they met and most likely why he was so cold to everyone. He didn't want people getting hurt because of him. He blamed himself for his brothers death. He bared the weight on his shoulders. His family's name, the amount of magic he had, and his brothers death hidden from the world.

Once again, Yoru found himself in darkness, but this time...Kabuto appeared in front of him on his knees.The teen hugged himself trembling, covering his face in shame.

"I'm not worthy..I'm...I'm not. " He sobbed. "I should of done something. I should of protected him. Its my fault he's dead! I tried to be strong Ichiru...I tried but its too hard.. I thought I could protect people..I promised myself I wouldn't let this happen again..but I...I just want it to stop ....I'm useless...I should of died that day! It should of been me!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I evacuated everyone out of the building. All students are in there dorms. The headmaster is own his way.

The teachers stood around Yoru and Kabuto, watching them closely. They couldn't interfere since Yoru's barrier was far too strong. All they could do was wait.

"What do you think he's doing?"

"I don't know...but I hope he can save Kabuto...How could we let this happen ...to have been so blind...how long was he holding this darkness. To think our most promising student was suffering this entire time..."

[Me while reading this: "I'M GOING TO FUCKING CRY!" ;-;]

Yoru watched the scenes play out before him with rapt attention, overwhelmed by the strength and force of Kabuto's emotions. He felt a growing hatred for the boy's parents well up inside of him, his demon half urging him to kill and his angel half urging him to punish. When it came to Kabuto, it seemed that the nephilim's two sides were able to make peace with each other. He also felt a growing fondness for Kabuto's brother, Ichiru, and for the younger version of Kabuto. So adorable, he thought, a small smile appearing on his face as he watched the twins chase each other around. Too pure for this world, his angelic half sighed, his demonic half hissing, I will kill anyone who tries to hurt them. Yoru followed the twins throughout Kabuto's memories, sticking close to them even though they could not see him. He had to restrain himself from lashing out at their father whenever he abused them, as doing so would cause his magic to flare, which could hurt Kabuto, and it wouldn't have made a difference anyway, as he was simply reliving the past.

The warmth that Yoru felt while 'living' with the boys was replaced with a numbing coldness when Ichiru began drawing a necrotic circle in the snow - the same circle that he had been teaching the class. That explains Kabuto's reaction, he thought, a sense of dread filling him; he knew how powerful that circle was, and how dangerous it was for someone as inexperienced as Ichiru to use, especially by himself. He knew what was coming, but he couldn't help but let out a gasp as he watched the events unfold before him. Those demons had killed Ichiru, and Ichiru had given Kabuto his power...this explained everything, from Kabuto's abnormally strong magic to his inability to trust and his hatred towards demons. Yoru made note of the demons who had committed the crime, fully prepared to exact revenge once this was over, and startled when the world around him went black once again.

The nephilim's eyes widened when Kabuto appeared before him as a trembling, broken mess. "I'm not worthy...I'm...I'm not. I should have done something. I should have protected him. It's my fault he's dead! I tried to be strong Ichiru...I tried but it's too hard...I thought I could protect people...I promised myself I wouldn't let this happen again...but I...I just want it to stop...I'm useless...I should have died that day! It should have been me!" Yoru was immediately on his knees next to the boy, wrapping his arms around him and hugging him tightly.

"Oh Kabuto," he murmured, pulling the boy into his lap and tucking the boy's head into the crook between his neck and shoulder, his feathers lightly tickling the boy's skin. "It is not your fault, Kabuto. You did nothing wrong. You were young and scared, there was nothing you could have done to stop those demons. They were too powerful." He gently wiped the tears from Kabuto's cheeks with a white-gloved hand. "I am so sorry that you went through that, but none of it was your fault. It should not have been you instead of him. It should not have happened at all. But it did. And now you are stronger for it. Now you can protect people. You and Ichiru can protect people. He lives inside of you, Kabuto. He would not want to see you like this." The nephilim brushed the hair from Kabuto's eyes, his human form appearing so that he could smile gently down at the human. "You are not useless. You are worthy. Did you not promise me that you would remember why you are worthy? You are worthy because you want to do good, Kabuto, because you want to save people, to protect people. And you have the power to accomplish your goals. But you are not alone. You have Ichiru, and Haru. And me." Yoru's wings wrapped around the two of them, as if shielding them from the outside world.

"But if you let the darkness take control of you, Kabuto, then you will not be able to protect anyone." He placed a hand on each of Kabuto's cheeks and lifted his head so that their eyes met. "Let out the pain you feel now, with me, here, where it is safe. I will absorb your pain and your darkness. It will be over then. You will be free from this burden." He gave the young Magi a reassuring smile. It would be painful, but he would rather it be himself who lost control rather than Kabuto. He could always come back from it. He was a nephilim, after all.

Kabuto felt isolated. All he could see was darkness around him, there was nothing to guide him. Nothing to warm him. With every passing second the dark magic was slowly consuming his body. The young Magi closed his eyes, eager to surrender and give in, but before he could, he suddenly felt someone embrace him.

"Oh Kabuto,"[/Quote]

He opened his tear filled eyes in utter disbelief. Yoru was here...and with him....but how?! Now that Yoru was here, a bright light surrounded the two, protecting them from the empty abyass of darkness. It all happened so quickly, but Kabuto found himself in the Nephilim's lap, being coddled, his wings encircling them. "..w-..why?

"It is not your fault, Kabuto. You did nothing wrong. You were young and scared, there was nothing you could have done to stop those demons. They were too powerful."[/Quote]

Kabuto's eyes widened slightly. So Yoru knew...he knew the truth about him. He hung his head, letting his tears fall, letting Yoru's words comfort him. He flinched when he felt Yoru wipe his tears away, not expecting such kindness.

"I am so sorry that you went through that, but none of it was your fault. It should not have been you instead of him. It should not have happened at all. But it did. And now you are stronger for it. Now you can protect people. You and Ichiru can protect people. He lives inside of you, Kabuto. He would not want to see you like this." [/Quote]

For once...Kabuto was listening. Yoru's words were touching him. All he could do was stare up at the Nephilim, and allow himself to cry. To release all the negative emotions he had been carrying all these years. It had never occurred to him that Ichiru and him could protect people together...that all this time he still had a piece of his brother.

"You are not useless. You are worthy. Did you not promise me that you would remember why you are worthy? You are worthy because you want to do good, Kabuto, because you want to save people, to protect people. And you have the power to accomplish your goals. But you are not alone. You have Ichiru, and Haru. And me."[/Quote]

I'm...not alone? By now, Yoru would be able to see strings of dark magic radiating out of Kabuto's body on the form of black smoke. It was working!

"But if you let the darkness take control of you, Kabuto, then you will not be able to protect anyone.....Let out the pain you feel now, with me, here, where it is safe. I will absorb your pain and your darkness. It will be over then. You will be free from this burden." [/Quote]

Kabuto stared into the others eyes, sending chills down his spine. Even though there bond was severed, it was almost like they were making a new one, one that was stronger, and one that bared no secretes. They were now fully exposed to each other...A moment passed before Kabuto nodded in agreement. He gripped Yoru's suit with his trembling fingers and barred his face into the others shoulder. It was finally time to let go of all the pain and despair he felt. Kabuto took a deep breath and suddenly screamed at the top of his lungs, the dark magic erupting out of him like a ragging fire, pouring out of him and entering Yoru.

Once all the dark magic was purged from his body, Kabuto's screaming stopped and a wave of exhaustion struck him. His grip on Yoru losing as his eyes became heavy, his vision blurring. He felt so warm and at peace with himself...he felt...happy. "...th..k...y..o..u" Kabuto passed out in Yoru's arms, the dark abyss slowly fadding, allowing the outside world in. They were now back at the Academy, his teachers surrounding the two with worried expressions on there faces.

A older gentleman stood before the two, just outside Yoru's barrier. He had long grey hair, with a matching beard. He worn a long fancy magic rob, and carried a staff in his right hand. The man himself was emanating a tremendous amount of magic power. There was no doubt that this man was the head master.

• Saga locked this topic