Book club: Vanished series by Carter Quinn

voide

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
, let me chant with you, too: "Shaun Shaun Shaun Shaun~" ❤

Shaun is like the 2nd MC in book 1, but I don't know if he still has his MC status in book 2.

Still taking a break here and I'm currently reading Kelley York's newest book that is horror and gay in creepy boarding school~

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• voide

• Jochie

• shinyaKogami

• SapphireBlue

no worries, buddy. i'll slow my pace for you. & there are many others who still not joining the discussion here. so i think they still put on hold reading this for a while : )

lol yeah, shaun is still kinda an MC for book 2. but henry's thought on him is something else in book 2 hehee.. there's another 'hunky' character appeared too. beware of that :p

I am about at 70%, ok what is this fuss about Shaun xD He certainly is acting weird but I have to finish the book to be sure, I guess? :)

damn headaches are not giving me chance at progress for the last two days :(

didn't you 'feel' anything about shaun? ;D i surely suspicious of him. till i read book 2. my suspicion was confirmed lmao

I AM very suspicious of him of course! I also have this wild imagination that he was! in love with Henry! :D However, it seems there is something you guys like about Shaun? I don't know why I put these under spoiler, just in case :D

the answer to your 'wild imagination' is yes :D & he did something to henry that triggered henry's psychotic episode. i still have no clue who's the culprit here. but gosh. this book is completely different from all the mystery books i've read so far. the mc isn't a mystery writer/police/detective or involved in one of those so yeah i really anticipated how the story will progressed

it seems it is not that wild then haha :D yeah, totally agree about that, I mean when we said mystery I was thinking about "elemantary, dear Watson" :D anyway, this case surely would intrigue Sherlock, I'm sure.

I'll try to finish the 1st book and see for myself about Shaun, then :)

oh wow. i never thought of that. i didn't signed up for this circle of confusion lol should i read book 3 should i not

onto book 3.

- new founding. can you guess who; father #1, father #2, father #3? (according to CJ) :p

i'm so sorry

. this book is so good i can't help it ;__;

its okay

if you finish the book but i hope you would be here for discussion

and i know how it is when a book is so good..i can't leave ark trilogy..mochi and astiara suggested such a really good series..

sorry for spamming, guys. but yo, i'm done :D i vaguely remember,

voted for poly/threesome theme & guess what? we got it in this book. also, i remember some of you want some action in the book as well, guess what, guys? we got it too! to me book 1 & 2 might be a slow pace but book 3 is worth the wait hahaa.. can't wait for in dept discussion w you guys ;D

(I started reading this book yesterday so it will be very general :D) Okay so- I think Henry's character is amazing! From the beginning we can follow Henry and Tom's deep story. This is very important to me, because if I see deep meaning and potential in the book, I know it will be amazing!

This one pulls you in and doesn't let go until the end. I have many theories and suggestions, but I had absolutely no idea what was going on. What was it? A romantic mystery? An amnesia drama? A spy thriller? A heart-wrenched romance? A paranormal novel?...No,definitely a mystery romance...

you're right. i absolutely agree w you about how the writer depicted henry & tom life. it's important for me to keep on reading bc i need to know henry's emotion towards his husband & be w him through out the whole story, or else i don't have the motivation to read on & i think the writer delivered that

Yeah, yeah! Sometimes it seems to me that some passages are very exaggerated, but again, the writer does something on the other pages and then I'm like "OH MY!" I'm not a writer, but it's quite balanced. What do you think?

i'm not sure what pages you're on right now hahaa so i'll go in general then. at first i was like 50/50 w the writing style. i found it okay & boring at the same time. that was because i was lost in the babbles of marketing/sales stuff henry was on it. but later on, when he started to suspect something, when he got anxious i was hooked on. for me it surely bc of the writing style! the writer succeed making me feel anxious/panic together w henry. & i understand the exaggerated part you mentioned. i think it was necessary. to engaged us readers to understand the emotion henry was having at the moment when he realized the truth about his husband/situation. some writers might failed to do this imo bc it might sounds repetitive but i think this one works on me : )

ps: the flashback was all important too hehee

I just finished book 1. The author played me real good

I really thought the story will end like that, only I know that's can't be because there's 2 books more and then Bamp!!!!

Now going to book 2, I'm dying of curiosity

And yes, there's something about Shaun

my 'little' summary for all 3 books:

book #1

- story picks up ch 4 onwards (in my opinion)

- BFF shaun

- henry & tom sweet moments

book #2 (i just copied back from my post (#49)

- new character appeared

- BFF shaun shaun shaun

- alert of trevor. he's my new fave. (thanks, cher)

book #3

- yo, polysomes ;D

- action packed? hahaa..

- just henry being badass

i hope these aren't spoilers tho. if it is, let me know yo :D

also,

yeah, buddy. i seconded that :D

, so is Shaun mostly likeable character or not??? And. . . and . . . polysome? What? Is it necessary to the plot?? No, no. Please tell me Shaun is not involved with the polysome, Voide. Please tell me if Henry would be with his husband, the third or the fourth or the other man in polysome was not Shaun--!

shaun is still a likeable character don't worry ;)

the polysomes part is not necessary to the main plot yeah ;D

Okay, I'm done with book 2 and 20% on book 3. And it's weird that

I want Tom to be alive so they can live happily ever after but I also want Henry to be with Shaun because he deserves to be Happy too?

do you mean this triangle by polysome??

yup. polysome as in triangle :D

don't worry, guys. shaun will be happy too x

finished the first book..

I was sure at some point that Henry was imagining things, and sth already has happened to Tom long ago. I guessed he was dead, but when I read that they had to see dental records, I was so not convinced.. Plus it seems he is alive..

I'm moving to 2nd book but I think Shaun might have sth with the Tom's dissappearence..

I just finished it!!

I'll wait to write anything until we all can discuss them together, but I want to thanks

again to introduce this awesome books to me, I really love it, thank you :)