Book club: Vanished series by Carter Quinn

voide

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
no, I haven't read it but historical fiction + mystery combination!!? I'm in :)

haha thank you, one positive criticism then: I liked the way the author handled the story, I mean they could be heterosexual couples and story could be still the same, that's a really good thing (and that reminds me how sensei handled Yuri on Ice xD)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• voide

• Jochie

• shinyaKogami

• SapphireBlue

i forgot you're a historical fiction fan hee oh, no buddy. you did not just mentioned the 'magical' story :D

ps: i owe mochi some ep uwu

EDIT: Kidding it is not so bad. Really. A bit dragging, a bit confusing but it is nice. ;P

Uh, so,

said that in-depth discussion will start around Week 3, but may I spoiler you guys that the end of Book 1 could be summed up in one word: What?!

I mean, at first I read this with no expectation because I'm not really interested with the blurb. The first chapters feel like dragging, but the flashbacks with the MCs are so sweet and loving enough to keep me going. Then Bestfriend S comes around and his character captured my attention. I like him more. He's my favorite.

After that, the suspense finally showing up with the mystery regarding the Husband T, and I think I can guess what actually happened, but the reveal still makes me cry.

Dammit, I don't expect to cry!

But it's really sad and I can relate with what the MC's feeling . . . Hence the unexpected teardrops. Q_Q

I thought, before reading the epilogue of book 1, I could finally ship the MC with the Bestfriend S in the following book 2.

But, then. The last scene of this book.

Just, huh?

What??

What the heck with THAT???

. . . I'm going to read book 2.

kudos to you recc'ing this series for the Book Club! The plot not only intrigues but also easily deceived me.

----

Edit:

Oops. The spoiler above is about the timeline of book 1, no specific details tho. I thought it was not spoiler, but actually it's still a spoiler! XD

Thanks to Racheal who reminds me! :D

You are too fast ... I found 2nd Mochi !!

BTW, can you put spoiler on 2nd and 3rd paragraph please, and indicate as "Timeline of book 1 with no specific detail" Thank you

You guys are so fast, I'm thinking of starting this book on Monday. But I'll push it to tonight even for only a few paragraph so I can keep up with you all

yes. i read the author's note :/ also, i planned to fully consumed this book by next week too. it's okay, buddy. take your time. i bet i'll still be here by this end of the month haha

Well, I watched 'Gone girl', thank you for recommendation. And then I went and read the book... And yeah, it was worth it, all of that crazy in one couple, just... Yeah... Oh, there were some golden (and very disturbing) lines, but final words, man...

This morning he was stroking my hair and asking what else he could do for me, and I said: ‘My gosh, Nick, why are you so wonderful to me?’

He was supposed to say: You deserve it. I love you.

But he said, ‘Because I feel sorry for you.’

‘Why?’

‘Because every morning you have to wake up and be you.’

I put it under spoiler just in case someone else decide to go for it and it's final few sentences, so be warned :D

I thought I'll let it rest for a while, but then you were so fired up about our book, and I caved in and decided to read the first.

Now I'm having little break before I dig in in 2. book, because as you said, what?! I'm thinking I know what will happen, but nope, surprised and left hanging big time.

And I'm so not rooting for the S if T is still around and right in the head. 'Gone girl' messed with my head big time

Now I see why you like established couple in a book, It's refreshing.

I actually went with audio book after 2. chapter (I needed at least my body free :D ) and it went great. This was my first ab and english is'nt my first language so it concerned me, like it did some of you when it was brought out, so I thought it's worth mentioning. Hence 'it went great' coment - I understood it, so next time I may pay attention to narrator's skills. I hope :D

I hope I changed it on time, so sorry guys :(

Haa-ah. Me, too. Because the last scene of book 1 actually messed my head enough I'm taking a break for now. Also feeling a bit disappointed because dammit so what's the point I was crying ugly then?!

And of course no "MC x Bestfriend S" nope not at all if the Husband T was still actually out there :(

it's good to know you enjoyed established couple now :D oh? you're listening to audiobook too? good! it's okay. english isn't my first language as well, we're the same

oh, buddy. you're fast! hehee.. (ps: i'm still peeking on your spoiler tho lol)

update: i'm still not start reading yet huhuu

I just finished the first book

:)

I liked Henry's POV, it offered an in depth look into their relationship and made me feel their love as a couple. The first chapter lost me in the flashback moments.

were so right about them.

This was me after the epilogue:

Next month I'll start in the second week.

I'm terrible with breaks, and this felt like middle of the book, so naturally I went back and finished it.

I'll let it rest for a bit and won't spoiler you guys to much cause I know we all peek :D

For me first book was far better then the other two, much more suspense. It doesn't build up, it changes direction, and I know 'who did it' thruout whole sekond book. It's not bad, I just expected more, and I def didn't expected the end, my thoughts were much more sinister and 007ish.

I thought so too about Henry's POV, it made me understand
's thoughts on established couple better, and it's the best part of this reading for me.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts, until then I dived in 'Fallocaust', I gathered there is enough books to tide me over and I'm loving it so far.

how the heck in the world could henry stayed reasonable & collected. if that was me, i went anxious all night couldn't sleep uwu

my thoughts on book 1 (so far):

talk about unreliable narrative. yo, i'm impressed. earlier i thought why henry was so 'cool' despite of he couldn't reach his husband through calls etc. but later on things changed. his worried, anxious bled out through the writing & i was anxious together w him. i say the writing style now was really good. def gonna try the other book by this author. oh, not forgetting the sweet moment. it feels like we lived in the moment

it's not related to the book but i wanna share something w you guys. honestly, i could related w the grief part (& i think it's true). i know the feel when some days we 'forgot' that person was gone. it hurts. i myself still working on accepting it

bff s seems like a straight guy to me (wholly based on his dating story) unless he really good at hiding his 'other' side hehee

so you finished all 3 vanished books? wow. so fast! & thanks for sharing your thoughts. hope you'll join again next read

haha your video is so so true ;D

Yeah :) And definitely, I'll just start reading later in a month :D I missed dissecting books, so this club is a such a treat for me.

I was biting my lip so hard when you wrote this

how the heck in the world could henry stayed reasonable & collected. if that was me, i went anxious all night couldn't sleep uwu
Was just waiting for you to get there :)

And I agree, if you grieved - you can relate.

i planned to read all 3 series in one go. i'm currently reading another novel for the reading challenge so it might take time for me (also i'm a slow reader (; ̄ー ̄川). but everyone's reviews seem really interesting i can't wait to finish them soon ^ ^

i LOL'ed at

2nd spoiler XD

Okay I'm just at 20% of the first book but aren't they the sweetest couple ever, so much love. And the wedding!!, OMG it's make me teary-eyed

my heart broke a little [cries]

it's okay. book club is supposed to be leisure hehee.. so take your time, buddy

true. this was the first time i read something like this tbh. (or in real life for that matter-the wedding i mean) i picked this book bc it mentioned about established couple. i didn't expect i'll get this instead huhuu

reading the 2nd book.

- new character appeared

- shaun shaun shaun

- trevor is my new fave. (thanks, cher)

You guys are reading at a fast pace..i am restraining myself to not read spoilers..

i am reading bone of ark trilogy..now so after i finish this..i will read this one and join you guys so don't leave me..onion12