Book club: Vanished series by Carter Quinn

voide

30010525.jpg

Summary:

Vanished: The Complete Trilogy

Henry Cooley has good friends and a good life. He's secure in his job and his relationship. He's about to celebrate his twenty-first anniversary with Tom, the love of his life. Their son, CJ, is in his second year at Cal Arts. Henry's only problems are his growing dissatisfaction with his job and the fact that Tom's parents still hate him, even after all these years. At least those are his biggest concerns until the morning he wakes up to discover Tom has vanished.

Henry's world spins out of control as he struggles to find out what happened to Tom. He enlists the help of his best friend, Shaun, and new friend, private investigator Blaine Deveraux. Just when Henry thinks he has it all figured out, he's confronted with new hazards and surprises. Henry goes through hell and back to uncover what really happened to Tom. But nothing could prepare him for the truth.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• voide

• Jochie

• shinyaKogami

• dxdzero8

Thank you so much voide

- - - - - - - - -

If you haven't checked our book club out and are interested in joining us, please visit us here

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

So..lets start talking..what do you guys think of the cover?

I think there will be high suspense by looking at the cover and it seems it will be one of those plots where "everything is not how it looks..ordinary is something that doesn't exist"

The plot summary and pic really is similar to the movie "gone girl"..if you guys have time do check this movie out..

yup the cover especially the man surrounded by mist look. btw gone girl was awesome. funfact: the first time i saw this book, i was attracted by its cover (i know lol) & then i read the blurb. the mc was an established couple. so i can't resist myself to save this book. one of my fave thing in MM is; established couple :D

yup the cover especially the man surrounded by mist look. btw gone girl was awesome. funfact: the first time i saw this book, i was attracted by its cover (i know lol) & then i read the blurb. the mc was an established couple. so i can't resist myself to save this book. one of my fave thing in MM is; established couple :D

For me it's the bridge surrounded by mist. Especially Golden Gate because of the contrast I guess. But those cabins and blood/body are killing me, and I know I'm reading it in one go (read one night) and june just started 16 hours ago. So now I'm watching 'gone girl' because it's mentioned enough times in these threads

:D Oh, and because delayed gratification, obviously ;)

I think the cover look like an horror story. For me it look like The Mist from Stephen King. From all the book listed this is the only one that I read the reviews, just to make sure it's not about ghosts or other scary things :p

I think the covers are a bit different from typical MM novels which is pretty refresh to me. I would say if I did not already know this series is MM I may not notice it by cover lol

@

i can totally relate.. For me those meet,sparks fly and then boom HEA is something we get too much..but in an established relationship its quite different..how the relationship is going on..are both on the same page..and will it last..and also the influence of each other over their relationship (share/ powerplay whatever you call it this is make or break for me)

do tell me about your reason for established couple..i am curious..

@

do watch the movie.. i really like the female character and the lines..when she said "did you think i would leave you..if i go to hell and suffer i will drag you with me" (though i might have misplaced the lines with original book but it was something like this)

@

that movie has been in my tbw for so long i forgot about it..For the last one year except insidious, annebelle, blair witch and the obvious ones i have been into turkish horror movies like Dabbe, siccin..

Well relax this book is suspense but sometimes suspense and thriller is more scarier than horror plots i have noticed you know those Jason X type..

i get why you said that

umm already started reading the first book! thank you long commute hours - i love-hate you!

anyway, the writing is going good, if not I'd already dropped it..

I didn't remember much from my short peek to the summary when voting, and when the book was chosen, I just didn't read the plot. That's the way with me, if I'm already gonna read/watch something, I just dive in :) but (ughh am I allowed to say this?) I've never imagine the book would start off with daily lives of husbands'.. nice change for me..

just started! its going good so far,, havent really read many 'established relationship' books so this is a nice change up for me :) :)

To me that cover look like those film/game where you are alone in a nearly deserted world and are searching for survivor. Or the setting of an escape game. With that cover i would tooootally play it.

In an m/m book that cover would totally get me to check it out.(i mean, ok hot guys on cover, but when that is all there is i end up thinking the book is nothing particularly special)

I don't know. I am not a fan of Mr. Crankypants. And I am clearly not a fan of flashbacks within flashbacks. Okay I don't wanna spoil anything but the whole time I was thinking of movies like The Vanishing, Nocturnal Animals or Inception. XD And yeah I know now why you guys associated it with Gone Girl. And then there was that huge question on my mind. WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Imagine you wake up and your loved one vanished without any trace. Answer: I would go insane. :/

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Imagine you wake up and your loved one vanished without any trace. Answer: I would go insane. :/

So please don't ever do that to us Suida yoyo5 i would be the first to lost my mind T T

I am starting too

The cover makes me thing of an end of the world kind of theme (that is without reading the summary), after reading the plot I hope it doesn't start like the movie The Vanishing with Sandra Bullock...

(Suida is sooo right!)

:1onion49:

The cover is definitely reminiscent of horror/mystery novels. If it wasn't for the synopsis, I'd never even suspect a couple, let alone a gay couple, is involved. People already talked about Stephen King novels and the "Gone Girl" novel. I'd like to add that the cover also reminds me of the movie "The Fugitive". Granted that it's not about a dead wife, but the lone figure in the cover has that aura of someone who is in hiding or risking their lives to figure something out.

I don't like horror movie, from all the movie you've list I only watched Insidious, I watch it because I was curious about astral and after I have to turn on all the light at night when I sleep >_

You guys are already reading..it will take me 3 to 4 days to start reading this..i want to finish the one i am reading now..

but do tell me how is the suspense? is it building ?

i've read a few from chapter 1 just to warm up w the writing style. yo. anyone else confused w the flashback moments? (

pal, how did you know?? & inception? lol) so far, i'm 50-50 w the writing style. hope i can get through this, well i did recc it lmao

i don't know why exactly i preferred established couples. it's not that i dislike angst/drama (ha), but i think i'm more curious to know how an established couple interacted/written in a book. i liked the 'exclusive' & 'secure' vibes in an established rshp tho it's not always the case but still. i also liked to read cute/adorable moments between them bc in real life not all established couples (at least around me) showed the 'cute' part of the rship anymore. i wanna see/read that. is that all these make sense? uwu

it makes sense..in a very cute and fluffy way too..you are a positive reader.

.not like me who always thinks when the other shoe is going to fall in the mcs relationship

i think the cover was okay. fits the theme of the novel. dark and foreboding. i also started a few pages on this book. definitely not the kind of book i usually read :) but so far is ok *thumbs up*

yo. anyone else confused w the flashback moments?

ya same. i think it's like a flashback within a flashback (flashback-ception?). a little confusing lol..

ya same. i think it's like a flashback within a flashback (flashback-ception?). a little confusing lol..

ahaha I know what part you are referring to :D As for me, flashbacks are important if they reveal something important to the plot, but in this case, we go back to their happy times. Of course, it is okay to go back to happy memories but too much of those is not that necessary for me, because I am already convinced about "yes, they are actually very loving couple".

that's me once again finding things to criticize :8onion74:

hahaa that's okay. positive criticism is encouraged :D do you know The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood? i recently read this book. & the way story inside story telling reminds me of this book. but in Vanished it flashbacks instead

yess flashback-ception (btw i loved inception)