Never Enough [confidant_v|Ayakashiu] 18+

Ayakashiu

Cain’s eyes narrowed and the corner of his lips pulled up at Thomas’ suggestive description of his “weapon.” How could such a question fall from Cain’s mouth and he not even be aware of the implications it could take on? Sometimes Cain surprised himself at his naïveté, but when it came to talking about weaponry it was all he could focus on. Honestly, when it came right down to it, he often preferred creating and upgrading weapons over sex.

Well… That was before Thomas.

When Thomas once again began to speak seriously about his weapon, Cain wasn’t surprised to hear there was nothing unique about it. The military never used alchemized weaponry, which meant the soldiers and officers didn’t carry anything of that nature. It was annoying in a way. Why the government didn’t see the potential of alchemy-enhanced weapons, Cain didn’t know. It was why he had to resort to selling his creations on the black market, and look where it got him. Kidnapped… And rescued by a handsome knight in shining armor.

Cain knew selling on the black market would pay off eventually.

“I can upgrade your weapons, Thomas,” Cain said with a bit more seriousness than he usually displayed. “I can give you whatever kind of abilities you like. You want a handgun that will shoot with the power of a canon? I can do that. You want a whip that will electrocute your enemy when hit with it? I can do that. Do you want a sword that can kill hundreds of men in one swing? I can make it happen. I can do whatever you want. Perhaps it’s not fighting fair, but when has war ever been fair?”

Cain shrugged as he leaned back against the soft cushion of the carriage seat, crossing one leg over the other. “But that won’t be your payment for rescuing me. I shouldn’t owe you anything. It was your job to rescue me. You’ll have to pay for upgraded weapons, but I can still repay you for saving me if I must.” He grinned, hoping Thomas would take him up on at least of one of his offers.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ayakashiu

• confidant_v

It was an interesting experience to see Cain serious. It was even more interesting what kind of weapons he could make. Thomas couldn’t even come up with this kind of ideas, even less be able to make them into reality. It made him want to test the weapons that the young lord described.

“Wars are fought to win and whoever has the biggest gun usually wins, so I don’t really care about being fair.” The General smirked at his companion, feeling more and more relaxed around Lord Cain. Maybe it was the topic of the conversation or being cut off from the rest of the world in the small space they shared, but Thomas found himself talking more than he used to with strangers. But they weren’t really strangers anymore, were they?

“I do not know what I want though. I would need to test some of the weapons, since I never used anything enhanced before. I do not care much for swords, even magic ones. What I do like are guns, but those I don’t need upgraded, I can shoot just fine with any gun.” His smirk became cocky, being aware he was one of the best sharpshooters in the military and proud of it. “Maybe something small, like a knife? So that I can carry it upon myself without anyone noticing, but would still be of more use than a regular blade.”

Thomas contemplated that thought for a moment, thinking how useful something like that could be, before turning his tone slightly mocking. “But, if you refused to award me for saving your life with your craftsmanship, I’m afraid I would not be able to afford your fees, My Lord.” He even bowed his head a bit, but the teasing smile on his lips clearly showed it wasn’t meant as a sign of respect.

Cocking his head to the side, he continued, “I do think I did a fine job rescuing you, so don’t you want to award me?” If Cain’s grin was any indication, he already had some ideas how he could repay Thomas. “But aside from your skill as a weapon maker, what could a brat like you possibly have to offer me as a reward?” The General made sure his words were laced with mock challenge, wanting to see if his companion will take the bait.

Cain smiled at Thomas’ sudden cockiness when it came to guns. Obviously he felt comfortable with the weapon, moreso than any other weapon, and it pleased Cain to know that he was trusted with this information. Sure, there were probably soldiers and generals and other people that Thomas worked with who knew that his talents lay with guns, but Cain wasn’t a co-worker or even a friend really. He was just someone who needed rescuing. Knowing that Thomas was happy to share this information with him made Cain’s heart do a little flip.

It had been a long time since anyone had made his heart flip.

“Everyone can use an enhanced weapon,” Cain said with a shrug. “I don’t doubt your skills with a gun, but you’re only as good as the gun you hold in your hand, correct? I can give you something stronger, better, more amazing than you can possibly imagine. Do you want a handgun? Or perhaps a shotgun? Maybe a sniper rifle? A canon even? Oh, that’d be fun… Never made a canon before.” Cain giggled as he curled up the chair, leaning against the wall of the carriage. Once again his tiredness was catching up with him. It would take days of sleep to rid himself of this exhaustion… Not that was unwilling to do that. Maybe Thomas would even join him.

“A knife?” Cain scoffed and wrinkled his nose, as if Thomas has just suggested he create something disgusting. “How boring. I started off with knives before moving onto bigger things. Still, if that’s what you want I can make you one. I can make you a knife that burns your enemies on top of slicing them. Or I can make one that electrocutes them when you simply touch them with the blade. One second if you want to disarm them, three if you want them on their ass.” He chuckled to himself before continuing. “Hell, maybe I can even make a blade that will talk to you. That’d be neat.”

Oh, Cain did love a playful Thomas. Dare he say Thomas was just adorable when he was like this? It made Cain want to eat him right up. He returned Thomas’ playful attitude with his own, a childish yet devilish smile playing on his lips. “You can’t afford me? Yet you feel that I owe you for doing your job? You’re quite the arrogant one, aren’t you Thomas? I suppose though…” It strained Cain a bit to move, but he managed and slid onto Thomas’ lap, placing a soft kiss on his lips. “Considering you see me as a brat, it’s easy for me to lure you in. Just admit it. You’ve drank in so much of me that now you’re addicted. You want every little bit of me after just getting a taste.”

Cain again pulled Thomas into a deep, lucious kiss, not wanting to admit that perhaps he was the one with gradually forming addiction. It felt so nice to sit here in the carriage, cradled in Thomas’ lap, kissing him softly, romantically, yet so wantonly and with such eagerness that Cain was sure the driver could feel it. Eventually he pulled away, his eyes slightly glazed over before sliding back to his side of the carriage. He’d blame his exhaustion for his behavior… Never once had he treated anyone like this. Surely it wasn’t Thomas that was driving him to be so emotional and passionate… No, it had to be the exhaustion.

It was interesting to listen to Cain, who had such different views on weapons and fighting than Thomas. Of course everyone could use an enhanced weapon, but the general preferred mastering his tools. His love was not lost on blade weapons, but he still made sure he can use a knife or a sword, if the need arise. Hand to hand combat was more to his liking, so he spent significantly more time perfecting it and he was sure he could best most men in a fight.

Guns though, he loved those. Anything he could fire from, could occupy him for hours. Maybe it was the lack of sight in his right eye that made him that way, disliking sharp objects and preferring to fight from a distance. The wound he sustained from the knife didn’t heal well, so his cheek stayed marred with a scar. The only good it did, was that it made him look intimidating, which was a good thing if you were in the army. It also fended off people, who wanted to speak to him at different events, which served Thomas’ interests. But his sight was impaired and there was nothing to be done about it. The loss weighted heavily on the young Thomas, but he didn’t let it show.

Even today, he stuck with guns. No need to get his hand dirty, if he could shoot someone standing 150 yards away with a rifle easily. With a canon, the distance was even larger. Spending so much time practicing, making sure that no one would figure out how he was half blind, and some natural talent, made him a formidable shooter.

So all this ideas about improved guns did sound interesting to Thomas, he just didn’t really want anything like it. A small knife on the other hand, could save his life, since it could be easily concealed and no one would expected it to do a lot of damage. “The only modified gun I would be interested in would be a rifle with amplified shooting distance. But that would be dull and absolutely beneath you, right?” His tone was mocking again, but the general found it funny, how his companion wrinkled his nose in contempt. His voice turned stern, as he continued. “A talking knife is something I most definitely do not need! You will talk my ears off all by yourself anyway.”

When he said that, Thomas realised he really has been swept up with the young lord. Just this morning, he wanted Cain gone as soon as possible, not wanting to deal with him. But now, he was enjoying their little dispute. The way the smaller male climbed into his lap and started kissing him, wasn’t disagreeable either. It ended far too soon for Thomas though. He started to harden under Cain’s ministrations and as the other pulled away, the general had to stifle a groan.

He pushed away unwanted thoughts, about their social status and about what Hunter would say if he could saw them, deciding he will think about this later. Now, they were alone in the carriage, where no one will bother them and Thomas planed to enjoy himself a little longer. All the urges he was pushing down last night, welled up again. He reached for Cain, pulling him back into his own lap. “You should finish what you started, little one.” His voice got rough with the building excitement and the want to feel the other’s hands on himself. “Did no one teach you about taking responsibility for your actions? You made me like this, now take care of it.” With those words, he firmly gripped Cain’s wrist and pushed his hand down to his crotch.

Oh, Cain was enjoying every minute of this. With each word that Thomas said, with each action that he took, Cain’s ego was boosting, and boosting, and boosting. He wondered just how long it would take to have the general wrapped around his long, thin finger. Or perhaps Thomas was already in a position to cater to Cain’s every whim without even realizing it. Well, Cain wasn’t going to rush this. Where would be the fun in that? No, he planned to take his time with Thomas especially after seeing just how well the other responded to him after their kiss.

With a corner of his lips upturned, Cain once again began kissing Thomas. What could he say? The general was fun to kiss. He didn’t, however, do much else. Even he felt his hand against Thomas’ hard cock, Cain simply giggled and took his hand away. “I did finish what I started. I kissed you, then I was done. You’re the one who got all hot and bothered by it. Shouldn’t you take care of that yourself?” Not that the count didn’t want a taste of Thomas’ cock again, but he wasn’t so desperate that he couldn’t play around with his toy first.

Cain again pushed himself away from Thomas, sitting back on his side of the carriage. He crossed one leg over the other, his mischievous grin never leaving his face. When was the last time he’d had this much fun with a partner? Honestly, he didn’t expect Thomas to simply back down. No, that wasn’t his style. He was a fighter, someone to knew what he wanted and took it. Then again, he could always play Cain and act uninterested, which would surely break Cain's little heart even if he knew it was coming. That was the wonderful thing about Thomas… So unpredictable. Out of all of the guys Cain had been with, Thomas was the most fun.

He ran a hand through his hair and gave a little whine as he felt his exhaustion catch up with him again. As quickly as he had removed himself from Thomas’ arms he threw himself back in them, nuzzling the other’s neck as if he were a plush bunny. “When we get back to my place will you sleep with me? I mean… Literally. I’m so tired, but I don’t want to go to sleep alone. You’ll stay with me, won’t you?” Sure, Kitty would be curious why Cain is dragging around this esteemed military general, and Aaron would be suspicious considering the events that had just occurred. Hell, even Hunter would probably have something to say if Cain began demanding Thomas’ presence, but he didn’t care. Cain wanted what he wanted and he always got it.

Thomas remembered why he was so annoyed by the young lord. The other preferred to play games, when the general just wanted to enjoy himself.

At first, he thought that Cain will cooperate, since he started kissing him again. The general was quick to return those kisses this time, biting lightly on the other’s lip, trying to urge him on. But the young lord only giggled and removed himself from his lap again. Thomas’ brow furrowed in irritation, deciding if he should just make the other obey him.

He was confident in his physical supremacy and he would lie, if he said the thought of forcing Lord Cain to obey his every command didn’t arouse him. But last night in the inn he already did that and it didn’t teach the other a lesson at all. Even contrary, he seemed to enjoy Thomas using him. The general wasn’t prone to play along, if this was the other’s plan.

Maybe he should listen to Cain and take care of it himself. That way, he would still get what he wants and the young lord could see what he was missing on. The idea appealed to the general, but he doubted that the other would stay quiet and listening to him talk would most definitely turn Thomas off. He preferred his little lord quiet and busy with pleasuring him.

But before he could start with either plan, Cain was on him again, this time nuzzling his neck like a kid. “I’m not a plush toy for you to use as sleeping aid, so no thank you.” The words came out disgruntled, Thomas feeling peevish by the sudden change in other’s attitude. “I will find myself a bed partner that will see to my needs, when we return.” There was this maid at Hunter’s family estate that seemed interested in him. Thomas would bet she could give him more pleasure than the unpredictable count.

• 2 weeks later...

Cain laughed when Thomas said he’d find someone else take care of him once they reached their destination. He was hardly disturbed by the idea. Naturally he wanted to keep Thomas all to himself—Cain never liked to share his favorite toys--and he at this point wasn’t worried about losing him. Not yet anyway.

“I don’t think you’ll find anyone as good as me at that place, old man.” Cain placed soft kisses along Thomas’ neck, his breath tickling the other’s skin as he spoke. “No matter who you find there you’ll be thinking about me the entire time you’re with them. I promise.”

Cain liked to think seduction was his superpower. He poisoned his partners in such a way that once they had a taste of him they would die without him. He flowed in their veins; they would taste him on their tongue; they would feel his invisible touch all along their body. It was no secret that Cain liked to sleep around, and it was even less of a secret that his partners always missed him when he eventually tossed them away. His sister and brother warned him that one day his mischievousness would catch up with him, but with such an amazing super power how could he not use it? If Cain could he would seduce every person on earth.

But Cain was also arrogant. As much as he wanted Thomas to fall into an addiction for him there was no guarantee the general would succumb to his wiles. He was stronger than Cain’s usual lame partners. That was why Cain was latching onto Thomas the way he was… Perhaps the tables were turned. Maybe Cain drank Thomas’ poison and now he was craving this perfect man more and more.

“I won’t leave you hanging though,” Cain mumbled as his hand slowly traveled into Thomas’s pants, his fingers teasing at the erect thing within them. He shivered at the contact, thinking about all the endless possibilities that could be had. Though just as he was ready to satisfy Thomas a bit more the carriage came to a stop. Cain blinked in confusion, looking around as if the answer to why they stopped was right in front of them.

“We’re here? I’m back home?” He looked at Thomas with the sadness of a child who just had his candy taken away. “Is my adventure with my kidnappers and knight in shining armor over?” Anyone would probably have been traumatized by this “adventure” and who’s to say that Cain wouldn’t have been were it not for the general? Regardless of all he had been through, Cain wouldn’t hesitate to say he had fun. Now, that fun was over.

“You’ll be around though, right?” Cain placed a few kisses on Thomas’ cheeks. They’d at least have to be together until Thomas presented a safe and sound count to Hunter.

The young lord seemed amused by the idea of Thomas finding someone else to warm his bed, which annoyed the general. The little brat thought too highly of himself, if he thought Thomas would be so easy to play with. So he let the other trail kisses along his neck, without reacting to them and only snorted, when hearing Cain say, how he won’t find anyone as good as him.

One of the things the general prided himself on, was discipline and he refused to let his bodily needs dictate his actions, especially with Cain being so cocky. He pushed the thought of his excitement away, ignoring the uncomfortable tightness in his pants, not wanting to give the other satisfaction of knowing how bad he wanted to be touched. He was stronger than this.

It was hard to maintain the coldness, when the other’s nimble fingers stroked his erection teasingly. Lord Cain would probably change his mind again, so he just had to endure this a little longer and then he would be left alone. But before that could happen, the carriage stopped and Thomas let out a deep sigh, feeling relieved they were finally back. Cain’s personality, so different to his own, was hard to deal with and he will soon be gone out of his life.

Thomas just rolled his eyes at the other’s jest how he was his knight in shining armour, before replying curtly. “Yes, My Lord. I’ll be around for a few days, if you'll have further need of me.” He hoped Cain was smart enough to behave properly, now that they were at Graham’s estate, knowing full well there was always someone watching. If the word got out, about what really happened, they would both feel the consequences.

Not wanting to arouse any suspicion, he exited the carriage, discretely covering the bulge in his pants, waiting for the young lord. The butler already noticed them and was rushing to meet then, no doubt making sure that Hunter was informed of their arrival too. That turned out to be the right guess, because his best friend rushed out of the house only a few moments later, a relieved smile on his face. Thomas couldn’t help but grin too, as he only nodded his head in a reassuring way, letting his friend know everything is ok. They will have time to talk in private later and the general, who usually loved their conversations, didn’t look forward to this one.

He let Hunter and Cain exchange pleasantries, while he got lost in thought. He was thinking how nice it would be, if he could get a warm bath and then read in peace. But he would probably only get a chance to wash quickly, before he will be expected to report what happened.

• 1 month later...

As much as Cain wanted to continue spending time with Thomas he couldn’t deny the sense of relief he felt at finally being home. His workshop may have been damaged some, but he’d be happy to get back in there and start creating new weapons and machinery. He’d also be happy to get back into his bed. Sleeping for three or so days seemed like the best course of action. His casualness about the whole kidnapping was surprising even to him, and he wondered if the seriousness of the situation would randomly hit him at one point or another. Sure, he was used to this kind of stuff in a sense, but this was the closest he’d come to losing his life.

He’d have to thank Thomas properly and genuinely for saving him.

The air was brisk and chilly when he stepped out of the carriage. He wrapped his arms around himself, wishing even more that he could just crawl into bed and sleep off what he wanted to pretend was a hangover. Unfortunately there were a steps that needed to be taken before he’d even make it to his bed. Hunter stepped through the doors of the house, the smile on his face reassuring Cain that everything would be fine. The two embraced and Hunter took a few moments to look over the count.

“How are you, Cain? Are you injured? Do you need medical attention?”

“Not right away. You can send someone to do a once over on me later. Honestly, I think the best medicine for me will be sleep.”

“Oh no doubt, no doubt. I’m so happy to see you’re alright. Kitty will be very happy to see you as well.”

“Tomorrow, right? I don’t know if I can handle her level of affection when I’m so exhausted.”

Hunter laughed as he clapped a hand on Cain’s shoulder. Now that he was certain Cain was okay he was far less tense. If Cain could stand around and make jokes, then there was no reason to be concerned. “Tomorrow, of course. Oh and, general," Hunter turned toward their other company, wanting to make sure Thomas knew of his gratefulness. "Thank you for saving him. Your hard work is always appreciated.” Hunter nodded his head at Thomas as a small gesture of thanks. Hunter knew that the only person who could handle a mission like this was Thomas, and naturally he delivered just as expected. He was about to lead Cain away to have him fixed up and ready for bed, but the count abruptly stopped him.

“I agree with, Hunter.” Cain’s demeanor shifted with enough quickness that it took even the calm Hunter off guard. The damaged and exhausted count stood in front of Thomas and stared him in the eyes as he grabbed his hand to give it a firm shake. “I don’t recall giving you a genuine thanks for rescuing me. I don’t hesitate to say that without you, General Parke, I’d be dead in the woods. They’d be returning my corpse to the estate instead of the safe and sound me. I appreciate your efforts, general. You’ve not gone unnoticed, and I’ll reward you for your struggle.”

Cain wasn’t the type of let his guard down or to show any sort of genuineness. He thought himself akin to a fox. Mischeivious, cunning, eccentric, and lacking a certain definitiveness. There was a never a time anyone could pinpoint his thoughts or emotions, not his true ones anyway. Thomas should be grateful. This may the first and last time Cain shows honest and true feelings.

“Thank you. Truly.” With that, Cain let go of Thomas’s hand and let himself fall back into the jokster, boyish count that he was known as. He followed Hunter into the building, who had motioned for Thomas to follow them. All the formalities were over and done with, so Cain simply crawled into bed without so much as a wash and passed out.

• 1 month later...

The formal way his friend addressed him, brought a small smile on his face and he only nodded his head once in response. They will have plenty of time to talk later, in a more private and relaxed atmosphere. What surprised him was the young count, staring up at him and thanking him in what seemed like a genuine way. The change of pace left him speechless and before he regained his composure, his new acquaintance was already walking away with Hunter.

Wanting to make the most of the time he had, he told the first maid he saw to draw him a bath, heading towards his own room. Hunter will probably be anxious for news, but Thomas was pretty sure he was unfit for company so taking a bath was a must.

It didn’t take long for the water to be brought up and soaking his tired body in the hot water made him groan. One of the maids lingered, asking him if he needs anything else and normally, Parke would accept the offer, but not today. Today, there was a certain little fox running around his head. The general just waved the girl away and sunk deeper into the water, closing his eyes. He didn’t understand Cain at all. The count was clearly too full of himself, but he was also so willing to go along Thomas’ rough treatment. The memory of hot, wet mouth enveloping his throbbing erection came back to him and he wanted to feel it again, but that was impossible now. It was one thing indulging himself when no one knew them, but they were surrounded with friends and family now.

The water wasn’t even getting cold yet, as the general finished getting clean, putting on some clean clothes that were waiting for him and heading to search for his friend.

Hunter was waiting for him in his study, his face lighting up when he noticed the general. Thomas was welcomed with a big smile, but there was also relief mixed in, as his friend rushed towards him, pulling him into a quick hug, his hand messing the fiery hair. “I knew I could count on you, Tommy. Come, let’s sit and you can tell me everything. A drink?” The general was rushed towards a comfortable recliner and he nodded to Hunter, who then poured them a drink, before getting comfortable.

“So, you want to tell me why there was a need to lie to me?” he asked and his friend shoot him an apologetic smile, handing him the glass.

Hunter sat down too, before replying, “It was a delicate situation. You know I trust you, but I don’t trust others and I was afraid word might get out. I couldn’t let Kitty get hurt because of this.”

The explanation made sense, but the general still felt annoyed by the fact his friend kept something like this from him. He recapped what happened, leaving out the details of what exactly happened between him and Cain. It was over now anyway and with a little luck, he won’t ever see the young count again. The thought wasn’t as relieving as he expected. When he was finished with the report, a grin appeared on his face and he said, “I’m sure you will report to your father how well I recovered and how it’s best if I return to service as soon as possible, as a sign of your eternal gratitude.”

At those words, Hunter sighed and replied, “I know it’s hard for you to stay still Thomas, but I do agree with my father on this. It is best if you stay away from London for now, until the culprit for the attack is discovered. I’m afraid father won’t listen to me, even if I do tell him you are well. Lord Cain will probably be staying here until he recovers too and I think you would find talking to him interesting. I’m sure he will be more than happy to show you some of his work.”

At the suggestion of spending more time with the young lord, the general’s face clouded. “I think I would rather spend the whole day in bed, than talking to that brat.” Hunter tried hiding the smile that was spreading on his lips and Thomas couldn’t help think the bastard knows exactly how hard Cain is to deal with.

When morning came, Thomas felt like he needed at least a whole day of sleep to get enough rest. They stayed up a good part of the night with Hunter in his study, catching up because they didn’t see each other as often anymore. When he finally headed to bed, the sleep wouldn't come. He kept shuffling around in the bed, only managing to get some rest when it was nearly morning, so when he headed down to the dining room, he was feeling grumpy.

His empty stomach didn’t do anything to brighten his mood, but at least the food here was good, so that was something to look forward to. He wondered if Cain will be joining them for breakfast and then banished that thought, because it would be awkward eating with him.

He was the first one to arrive and as he sat down behind the table, he welcomed the peace and quiet. The servants brought the food on the table and he started to eat, as he waited for the rest to join him.

Cain felt like he had just suffered an explosion in his workshop. In fact, he was almost sure he had. There was no way this headache could come from anything else than from being caught in the middle of a massive, fiery, deathbomb of an explosion. Unfortunately, he hadn’t been the victim of an experiment gone wrong. He would have loved that. He would have loved to share the tale of how he accidentally mixed two chemicals together causing a giant ball of fire to engulf him and his workshop, but somehow he managed to escape unscathed except for a blistering headache.

No, this headache was brought on by the lack of food, lack of sleep, lack of proper treatment he had suffered. Is this how the commoners lived every day? Surely not. Or was it? Oh, for goodness sake Cain didn’t know and he really didn’t care right now. His mind must have been wandering as it tried to recover. Honestly, he was wondering why he wasn’t still asleep. He tossed and turned, doing everything in his power to go back to sleep, but it just wouldn’t happen. Much to his dismay, he was awake.

“Fuck.” He moaned as he slowly stood, took a moment to make sure he was balanced, and then began to make his way to the kitchen. All he knew was that he wanted something sweet to eat. Fuck everything. Fuck the world. Fuck his kidnappers. Fuck his workshop. He didn’t want to deal with any of it. All he wanted was a piece of a cake.

Oh… And maybe Thomas.

“Is that you, Thomas?” He nearly yelled, not seeming to realize that his voice was so loud. His vision was blurry and he squinted as he walked deeper into the dining room trying to see if said person was indeed Thomas. And thank goodness it was. He didn’t think he could handle seeing anyone else right now.

“Thomas, my head hurts,” he whined, as he plopped down beside him and rested his head on the table. A maid came over to them and before she could even offer food to Cain he sat right back up and told her (more like spoke with an extremely raised voice at her) that he wanted cake.

“Is there any? Surely, we have some. Chocolate, preferable, but listen I’ll take anything. Just bring me something sweet.”

The maid left, unsure if something was wrong with the count’s ears or if she was being yelled at. Cain, however, pretty much forgot all about her as he turned his attention back to Thomas. He was truly a good-looking man. He had a certain kindness about him that made his roughness all the more attractive. He was guarded, probably from his time in the military. Or perhaps he suffered some child trauma that made him guarded. Perhaps he loved someone who didn’t love him back. Or maybe it was the fact that he was such an enigma that made him so attractive.

Cain spent a few more moments looking the other up and down before once again addressing him. “Are you active in the military, Thomas? Or are you on some kind of weird hiatus? Or do you just do missions that are assigned to you by Hunter?” Cain didn’t really wait for an answer before he moved on. “Look, I think you did an amazing job rescuing me. You're capable, and well... I kind of like you. So I want you to be my bodyguard, Thomas. I never felt like I needed one before, but if people are going to come after me and my weapons, then I need someone to protect me. I’d pay you well. I’d even give you new toys to play with. You said you like guns so that’s no problem. Perhaps I’d even give you other things to play with.” Cain winked at him while running a finger up and down Thomas' arm, shivering at the spark that ran through him. Cain was one hundred percent assured that Thomas wouldn’t say no to his offer. There was no way he could refuse.

His tranquil breakfast was suddenly interrupted by a loud yell. The young count was up and about already, while he should be getting rest, recovering from everything that happened. But of course he was here instead, shouting at the general if it’s really him, then plopping down next to him and starting to whine. Well the general’s head was throbbing uncomfortably too, especially after certain someone interrupted the peaceful silence, so he didn’t grace Cain with any consolation.

After the maid approach them, the young count shouted at her too and Thomas flinched. Hearing his wishes for breakfast, made the general raise an eyebrow, but he didn’t comment. Cake, even a chocolate one, wasn’t really what the other needed right now, but Thomas didn’t plan on acting caring and tell him he should eat properly; Cain was old enough to take care of himself. So he continued eating, trying his best to ignore the person sitting next to him.

He was aware of the young count’s eyes upon him, but he didn’t do anything to show he noticed. But hearing Cain’s next words, made it impossible for him to ignore the light haired man. “I’m grateful for the praise, Count, but I’m only on a short medical leave right now, so I’ll have to decline your offer,” he answered, trying to keep his voice neutral, but he couldn’t keep the annoyance out of it. What did Cain thought he was? Just some thug who will work for anyone offering him enough? It actually hurt his pride, because he was really proud of climbing the ranks this high.

There was something akin to electricity, as the other slid his finger up and down his arm, but Thomas only followed it with a frown. They might be alone now, but Hunter or anyone else could barge in on them any second. “If you have problems finding appropriate people, I could recommend some who are trustworthy,” he added after a pause, trying to steer the young count away from himself and get him talking about unharmful topics.