Never Enough [confidant_v|Ayakashiu] 18+

Ayakashiu

Appearance:Parke_zps6co3xty9.jpg

Full name: Thomas Wellington Parke

Title/Position: General Thomas W. Parke

Occupation: Royal Marines officer, General of The Royal Marine Artillery Regiment aka The Blue Marines

Family: Parents dead, no siblings.

Background: Born into a middle class family as an only child, Thomas was meant to undertake his father’s medical practice, but his parents died in the cholera outbreak in London, when he was 9. Since the family moved from the countryside, Thomas didn’t have any close relatives to seek refugee with in the city, so he ended working as a chimney sweep. With some luck, he became Lord Graham’s errand boy and knitted a tight friendship with his son, Hunter Graham, after saving his life. Lord Graham, Marques of Northampton, decided to help him have a career in the military, as a way of thanking him, so at the age of 12, Thomas became a part of Royal Marines. After that, he quickly climbed the ranks, thanks to his skills and Lord Graham’s influence.

Personality: Military discipline is tightly woven into Thomas’s personality, since he joined the Royal Marines at a young age. He maintains strict order in his ranks and trains his men himself, but has a studious side too, from his father. He is cold and quiet around people he doesn’t know or like, but is fiercely loyal and protective of his men and friends. There are only a few people close to him and those, he trusts unconditionally, but he is aware that his young age, low social status and quick advancement through ranks, made most military officials dislike him and they would overthrow him without a second thought. That’s why he’s suspicious of anybody who tries to get too close to him.

Dislikes: Disobedience, being disturbed, social gatherings, his middle name.

Extra info: Got the scar on his right cheek, when saving Hunter Graham’s life. It’s a knife wound that goes from his mouth, to his eye. He lost most of his sight in the right eye because of it, but it sharpened his other senses. The fact that he doesn’t see on that eye is not widely known. He, ironically, excels in sharpshooting, but doesn’t like fighting with sharp objects, preferring guns or hand to hand combat, if there’s no other way.

General Thomas W. Parke was reclining in a chaise lounge sofa that was too small for him, being bored out of his mind. It was a week since he arrived at Graham family country estate and he was already running out of things to occupy himself with. The doctor gave him strict orders to rest and it was slowly driving Thomas insane. Usually he would make use of all this free time to catch up on his reading, but his head started hurting too much, when he tried focusing on the letters.

Frustrated, he pulled a hand through his messy red hair, making it even more dishevelled, before starting to pace around the room. He was wearing dark blue pants, his favourite colour as it reminded him of his uniform, knee-high black boots, white shirt and over it, a red frock tailcoat. He was planning to sneak out for a horse ride, but the damned doctor somehow found out about it and managed to catch him, before he was even out the front door. Thomas was feeling stupid for even having to sneak out, he was a General for god sakes!

A mocking voice interrupted his internal seething, “If you continue to march around so furiously, you will make a hole in my mother’s carpet.” Thomas turned his head around too fast, wincing slightly when pain pierced through his head. He walked up to the newcomer, pulling him in a tight, but brief hug. “Hunter.. I swear if you’re not here to rescue me, our friendship is over.” The response made sir Hunter Graham laugh delightedly and ruffle his friend’s hair, while saying, “I missed you too, Tommy”.

The nickname and the gesture made Thomas scowl and push the hand away, trying to smooth his hair back. It was to no avail though, his hair proved to be untameable and it irked the general, who preferred things neat. “Stop calling me that. And you should look into your staff, I think they are all trained spies, whose only purpose is serving that man you call a doctor. I can’t move a finger without him knowing!”

That only earned him another burst of laughter from his friend. “Let me guess, he ordered you to rest, didn’t he?” Thomas only nodded and murmured something inaudible to himself, so Hunter continued talking, as he put down his hat down and started to take off his coat. “And who is he, to dare order the great General Parke around? What a preposterous behaviour! He should be flogged..” A light hit to his stomach cut off his words and made him double over with laughter. The marquis’s son tried to feign left and return the punch, but the general expected and blocked it. The next few minutes passed with the two playfully wrestling and ended, when Thomas managed to sneak an arm around the other’s neck, making him yield.

After that, they both sat down and Hunter started, “I wish I was here to congratulate you on your promotion, but my father sent me because of other things. He is looking into the attempt on your life and wants you far away from London...for the time being.” The red-head glared at those words and replied, “I am very grateful to Lord Graham for all he has done for me, but it was a very poor attempt, if they thought hitting me a little on the head will be all it takes.” This made Hunter chuckle, but it lacked real amusement. “It was still an attempt and I know you well enough to know, you want to downplay it. My father knows you well enough though, so if you had enough of idling around, he has a job for you in the meantime.”

That got him the general’s full attention. “Tell me everything!”

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ayakashiu

• confidant_v

c1250970_ce0eec1243b1eb88b49712affdd6cf22.jpg

Name: Cain Fox

Family:

- younger sister Katherine Fox (known as Kitty) who is married to Hunter Graham

- Older brother Aaron Fox who is a dragon trainer for the military

Position and title: Count

Likes: little trinkets and jewelry, metalworks and weaponry, alchemy and magic, poisons, making people laugh

Dislikes: flying, people who are overly picky, most meals that are presented to him though he doesn't often complain

Personality: It’s hard not to like Cain. He’s popular at court for being charming, humorous, and entertaining. He’s always up for playing games and making people laugh. To say he’s the life of the party is a severe understatement. However, he doesn’t let the popularity get to his head. In fact, he’s so humble that many of his colleagues tease him about it. Arrogance isn’t in his nature, though that doesn’t mean he’s not proud. He takes pride in the traits that the royals think are so strange. For example, he’s the type of person who believes in fairness. Life at court means accepting that many people will be stepped on, but he tries to keep his friends and others from harassing those of lower ranks, especially servants. The fact that he’s so willing to befriend those far beneath him is seen as a quirk to the royals, and it’s one of the reasons they’re so entertained by him. They never seem to know what he’s going to bring to the table.

Background: Cain had been fairly low in the royal standings, but through his family’s connections he and his siblings were able to raise enough to buy land. Over time they found their way into court where his sister married a marquis, his brother started working for the military, and Cain was given the title of Count. However, this wasn’t a life he craved. His true passion was metalworks, and he desired to make the best and most unique weapons for his nation. However, it would be unsightly for a Count to do something as menial was forging weapons. In order to fuel his passion, Cain took up collecting weapons and infusing them with special abilities through alchemy and magic. He resells these weapons on the black market, though he cares little about the money. All he cares about is making the most impressive weapons imaginable. So far he hasn’t been caught, but he’s always wary of those who might try to ruin him.

Extra info:

- Is a skilled sword fighter, though he is still training with a weapon he recently altered with magic. It is a sword that can break apart into several pieces and act as a whip. He has yet to master his sword in it's whip form.

- To counter this sword fighting skills, Cain is not apt at physical fights. Without a weapon, he would most likely be unable to hold his own in hand-to-hand combat. He resents his lack of true fighting skill.

- His brother is trying to teach him how to fly a dragon so he doesn't have to rely on flying with other people. Horse-drawn carriages are his favorite means of travel, though he's often made fun of by the other royals. He wouldn't say he's scared of dragons, more that he's scared they'll buck him off and he'll plummet to his death.

Katherine Fox, better known as Kitty Graham, chewed nervously on her thumbnail as she paced back and forth. Her normally pinned up, pristine hair fell in loose ringlets around her face. Even her clothes reflected her nervousness. She paced on socked feet, her shoes discarded long ago, her white dress seemed to lose it’s volume the more she walked back and forth, her bracelets and necklaces clambered together creating a loud and chaotic symphony which only increased the strained mood. Her nerves spread to her brother, Aaron, who was sitting on a plush chair in the corner, his face buried in his hands.

“What if they don’t find him?” Kitty asked, her voice shaking.

“They’ll find him,” Aaron responded gently only have a harsh “You don’t know that!” thrown back at him. It took everything in Aaron not to stand up and shake his little sister. Her attitude wasn’t exactly helping the situation.

“You’re making me anxious, Kitty, so why don’t you just sit down and--”

“Someone has to be anxious! You don’t seem to care at all about our brother!”

This time Aaron did stand up; the action caused Kitty to take a step back. She knew her brother would never harm her, but she also knew her words had struck a nerve. Both Kitty and Aaron were typically relaxed, free-spirited, and easy going. A calm nature was shared amongst all three of the Fox siblings, which made Aaron and Kitty’s nervousness all the more unusual. Neither of them knew how to deal with these feelings of dread and uncertainty so they wound up lashing out at one another. Thankfully, they were both aware enough to see through their confusion. Kitty was the first to break the tense silence.

“I’m sorry, Aaron,” she murmured, finally removing her thumb from her lips to wrap herself in her arms. “I know you care just as much as I do, perhaps even more so. I just… I’m just so scared, Aaron. I’m so scared.”

“I know.” Aaron’s anger at his sister’s words immediately fizzled away as he looked at her. The poor thing looked so tiny and fragile. He gathered his little sister in his arms, holding her head to his chest. Her small arms held onto him as tightly as they could, as if she were afraid he would suddenly disappear just like their brother Cain. Soft sobs came from Kitty and it was all Aaron could do to not start crying himself. Cain and Aaron enjoyed teasing their little sister, but ultimately they thought the world of her and she thought the same of them. The brothers would do absolutely anything for Kitty and seeing her so distraught while being unable to help was eating away at Aaron.

“Your husband is a very capable man, Kitty. I trust him and whatever methods he plans to use to find our brother.” Hunter Graham, Kitty’s husband, was one of the most reliable men Aaron knew. When Kitty ran to Hunter, screaming and crying about what she’d both seen and hadn’t seen in Cain’s house, he immediately went into action. Aaron cursed himself for not being as useful as Hunter, but there was little a dragon trainer could do in this situation. Hunter had said something about knowing exactly who could help, and though Aaron didn’t know who this mystery man was, he trusted Hunter’s intuition.

He only hoped it wasn’t too late. When Aaron and Kitty went to visit Cain at his home earlier in the day they couldn’t find him anywhere. None of the servants had seen him since the previous night. The siblings searched the entire house, ending it with an inspection of Cain’s little sanctuary: his secret workshop where he toyed and altered weapons, eventually selling them on the black market. His siblings didn’t support his strange hobby, but they accepted it… Until today. When they walked into the workshop they found it in disarray. Many of the altered weapons had been stolen, his research files had been tossed about, his magical artifacts and chemicals were either broken or thrown onto the floor, any desk or table had been smashed, but that wasn’t the worst of it. What frightened Aaron and Kitty the most was the blood that pooled in the middle of the room and led toward the back exit of the workshop. The sight of that made Kitty grab her brother and fly all the way back to her husband, begging for his help.

Now they could only wait on his word and hope their brother was okay.

Cain Fox stared up at his captors, too proud to beg them to stop their relentless beating. No matter what he said to them, he knew they wouldn’t stop anyway. They were morons who didn’t know the first thing about his work. If they did they wouldn’t be making such stupid demands. His head fell forward onto his chest, just to be pulled back up by his hair. He gasped harshly, his breathing coming in heavy pants.

“You sold our boss a bad weapon, Fox.”

“Like hell I did,” Cain said, venom dripping from his voice.

“I’m afraid you did. Our boss can’t seem to figure out how to the damn sword is supposed to kill from miles away like you said it could.”

“It’s not my fault he’s too stupid to figure it out. He bought it so--” Cain coughed harshly as he was kicked in the stomach. The captor responsible for beating him was particularly angry with him. Cain hadn’t been captured without a fight. He’d grabbed the nearest sword to him and managed to cut open one the men’s arms. There were so many of them that they managed to overpower Cain, but he was pleased he at least managed to do that. Sadly, whoever noticed his workshop first (probably his siblings) would see the blood and instantly think it was his. Oh well… Nothing he could do about that.

“Perhaps if you give our boss another weapon in return… The Heavenly Pistol for example, he’ll forgive you for selling him a faulty weapon.”

Cain rolled his eyes, wishing these idiots would stop bringing up that damned pistol. All night they’d been asking for what was known as Cain’s greatest creation, the rumored “Heavenly Pistol.” The gun was said to have been a pure, stunning white and have the ability to heal any person of any ailment, including death. When shot with one of the special bullets, a strong healing would take place in a person’s body and revitalize every muscle, every bone, and every nerve. Even when dead, the healing magic could restart a body and that person could go on living as if nothing had happened.

Unfortunately, this weapon wasn’t even close to existing. Cain had been working on it, but his attention had been drawn to more reasonable endeavors, such as swords infused with poison or guns that shot a variety of elements like wind, fire, and ice. These stupid men honestly thought such grand a weapon existed, and no matter how much Cain told them it was nothing but a fairy tale they didn’t believe him.

“You won’t get any other answer out of me,” Cain gasped out, struggling against the bonds that held his wrists together. “That damn weapon of yours don’t exist. I don’t have it.”

He was about to continue arguing when one grabbed him by his already torn collar and slammed his head against the stone wall. The force didn’t knock him out, but it was all Cain could do to stay conscious. He tried to think about where he was, notice any familiar smells, hear anything that might give him an indication of where he was. The only thing he could smell was pine… He was in a forest somewhere, but that did little to help him. He didn’t want to die here, but there was nothing he could do to help himself. These men would either have their weapon or his life. The latter seemed the most likely.

Thomas was examining a little cottage in the middle of nowhere, waiting for the right moment. He had three men positioned around it, waiting for his signal. They were mercenaries, but he worked with them before and trusted them enough to keep quiet, for a fair compensation of course. Money wasn’t an issue here anyway. It seemed that Lord Graham had an interest in the young Count, if he was prepared to go to such lengths to save him. Thomas knew better than to ask why, but he was determined to figure out the reason anyway.

The talk he had with Hunter came to mind. His friend quickly summoned up what he knew – workshop in disarray, stolen weapons, blood. There were quite a lot of things that didn’t add up. Even after a long interrogation, his friend only revealed that the young Count sold weapons on the black market. It struck a nerve with the general, since he was often on the receiving side of the mentioned weapons, but after gathering enough intel, it was easy enough to find the thugs responsible. It still took him a couple of days to get the men and track down their hiding place.

Now that he was here, he was realising that this guys really are stupid. He counted eleven men till now, nine that were stationed outside in groups of three and two who came out from time to time. He figured a few more were inside, guarding their prisoner, but from the size of the hut, it couldn’t be a lot. Too few, considering who their prisoner was. Too few, to actually stand a chance against Thomas and his men.

The general decided it was time to go, so he howled like a wolf, which was the agreed signal. Quite fitting, since it was bound to make the captors uneasy and it announced the start of the hunt. While his men moved in, he readied his crossbow and aimed at the three guards in front of the entrance. They needed to be stealthy, so guns were allowed only as a last resort. The first arrow pierced a guard’s neck, efficiently crushing his wind pipe, so he went down without a sound. The crossbow only needed a few moments to reload, Thomas was pretty proud of that, before the next guard was down too. The third one just stared in shock, too dumb to sound the alarm, not that the general minded. He too, ended on the ground shortly after, with an arrow through his bowels.

In the meantime, the three mercenaries dealt with the remaining six guards outside. The hut looked like it only had one room, so Thomas figured, they should storm in and take them by surprise. Trying to lure them out would only serve to alarm them and give them time to prepare better.

On the count of three, the general kicked the door open and his men rushed into the room, attacking the remaining five captors. He only needed to fire one last arrow, which pierced the man towering over a beaten male on the floor. Thomas really liked things neat and what was neater, than not having to dirty your hands with blood when killing someone?

Putting away his crossbow, he crouched next to the boy on the floor and opened the bag with medical supplies he brought. Barking orders to his men to secure the location and hide the bodies, he proceeded to examine the young Count. He was bruised all over, but nothing seemed to be broken. His head was bleeding, but these types of injuries always bleed a lot, so that didn’t worry Thomas too much. What did worry him though, was the young Count’s state of mind, literally. A concussion would be bad, but his brain swelling would be worse, so Thomas hoped for the best when he started bandaging the wound.

“Count Cain, I’m General Thomas Parke. I and my men came to aid you on behalf of Lord Graham. Can you walk?”

For the first time in his life Cain was mostly incapable of thinking. He’d never before been so dazed and confused. Thoughts came and went in his mind, though it was more like a fever dream. He couldn’t differentiate one thought from another; they all clambered together, screaming at him yet offering nothing in the way of assistance. Pressure was never something Cain dealt with; in fact he worked well under the pressure, but these inconsistent, wild thoughts made his nerves rise. It was hard to remain calm when he was anxious about surviving, his weapons, his workshop, his dark secret, his siblings… Everything under the moon filled his mind and as hard as he tried to clear it, it didn’t work.

Time was no factor for Cain at this point. He was unconcerned with it, knowing that his captors would either accidentally kill him or get him medical attention at some point so they could continue to threaten him. He'd always known that the lifestyle he chose would eventually catch up with him, but he didn’t expect it to be like this. In a way, he sort of glamorized his inevitable kidnapping. He imagined being cheeky with his captors, negotiating a way out or tricking them one way or another. He imagined fighting with his altered weapons, defending himself until he could call for backup. This was nothing like those daydreams. The harsh reality was that he was cold, starving, injured, and without a single means of calling for help.

A pained moan left him and he thought he heard laughter but he couldn’t be sure. He couldn’t be sure of anything. His senses were barely working. Everything that reached his ears was muffled, when he opened his eyes all he saw were blurs, and there were no familiar scents that could help him locate where he was…. Nothing was on his side. His disadvantages seemed to mount before him, though he was far too dizzy to realize it. Only his instincts kept him aware that he was in danger. Perhaps it was his instincts that keyed him into the strange sound of a wolf howling. It was just as muffled as everything else, but somehow he heard it. It made him smile. Maybe if he was lucky this wolf would devour all of his captors and rescue him.

If only he knew how accurate that fading thought was. Several moments after he heard the wolf, the door burst open and chaos ensued. Normally, Cain wasn’t the type to panic, but in his daze it was all he could do. He crawled to a corner as men fell around him, dead on the spot. These invaders were probably part of another gang who had heard Cain was being held captive. There were so many people who would have loved to get their hands on the weapons dealer, and his capture seemed to open up a free-for-all. Someone tried to reach for him, but he kicked them away. He’d rather die than suffer through someone else’s torture. Death was no concern for him. He set up his family well and on top of that he had instructed Aaron to burn down his home and his workshop the moment he ever heard word of his death. Once Cain died no one would know of his dark hobbies and his family would be safe and taken care of.

But it seemed the man he kicked wasn’t trying to hurt him. He even took the time to bandage his wounds. Cain tilted his head as he stared at the blurry figure above him, straining to hear through his shell shocked ears. Thomas Parke…. Cain couldn’t remember if he’d ever heard that name before or not. His vision was too blurry to know if he recognized the face, but then the man said another name that was all too familiar. Lord Graham, his brother-in-law, had issued this rescue? “Hunter…?” Cain mumbled, trying to gather his wits. “K-Kitty… I… Is she….” He took a deep breath. This was the first time he’d spoken in what felt like days. Even he knew that what was coming out of his mouth was nonsense. It was better to just take what this man was saying and try to help him in his rescue. Without another word, Cain tried to stand, though stumbled and fell against his savior. “I… No… Can’t walk…” he managed to get out. Being against the man made him feel like he was finally safe. Here was someone who had come to rescue him and was doing a damn good job of it so far. Cain lifted his head up, now able to see Thomas more clearly since they were closer. Even in the midst of the confusion and chaos he managed a sheepish smile. “Hello, handsome. I’m Cain,” he said, already forgetting that this man knew exactly who he was.

Even with his playful greeting, Cain hated being so useless. The more he thought about it though the more he remembered an important fact, one Thomas needed to take into consideration. The captors had stolen his altered weapons. They were scattered around the shack and if these men didn’t confiscate them, then they’d be up for anyone to grab.

“The weapons…” he muttered, pointing to a few of the weapons he could see through his blurred eyes. “Take them. They’re dangerous. They….” His weakened body could only produce that much. His eyes closed and his heavy body now relied entirely on Thomas’ strength to hold him up. He wanted to warn him more about the weapons. He wanted to help in any way that he could. It ate at him to be this helpless, but this came with the territory of being captured. He could only hope that Lord Graham would take care of him and get him home safely.

Thomas was getting the worst headache of his life. First, the brat on the floor kicked him, when he tried helping him and even though it was a poor attempt, it still irked the general.

Then, when he mentioned Lord Graham, the younger male mentioned Hunter. Thomas thought he was here on Lord Graham senior’s orders, but obviously there was a connection between Hunter and Cain, that his best friend failed to mention. Thomas didn’t like being lied to and his best friend did just that. And why? For some young Lord, who was stupid enough to get tangled with weapon dealers.

To make matters worse, Lord Cain couldn’t walk. It was clear they were beating him, ever since bringing him here. The different coloured bruises were a proof of that. When the general cut the bonds, tying the Lord’s wrists together, there were crimson marks visible from where he struggled against them. And the blow he sustained to his head was pretty harsh. But Thomas didn’t feel like giving him a break. His own head was pounding too and he was the only one who didn’t have a clue what was going on here.

And to top it all off, the brat had enough energy left to be cheeky and called him handsome. In a different situation, he would probably find this funny, but Thomas was too irritated. He just rolled his eyes, before speaking, “Why don’t we get you out of here?”

Instead of an answer, the boy pointed to the weapons lying all around them. The bandits probably managed to snatch them away during the kidnapping. There were too many to carry and the general’s first priority was getting them back to the nearest village alive. He ordered one of the men to stick around in case someone returns and follow them, if they take the weapons. They could always retrieve them later. He needed the other two for protection.

While he was giving orders to his men, the boy’s body seemed to give in to the torture. He didn’t even flinch when Thomas tried shaking him. “Great..just great.” The general sighed. He had a long trek in front of him and the young Lord was heavier than he looked. He heaved the unconscious body across his shoulder and they headed towards the village.

They didn’t meet anybody on the way, but it was slow going since the two mercenaries had to cover their tracks. It was already night when they arrived and Thomas was barely able to stand upright. The dark gave them cover to slip undetected into the inn and the owner was a smart man that didn’t ask a lot of questions. His men would take shifts, guarding the entrance to their room and Thomas planned to stand watch inside, in case someone followed them and there will be trouble.

Thomas settled Lord Cain in the bed, before taking his shoes and coat off. There was a comfortable looking armchair in front of the fire and soon, the general was asleep too.

Cain slowly opened his eyes, blinking the exhaustion from them. He felt like he’d been hit by a truck; his body was sore all over and his head felt like it was about to explode. When he tried to move pain shot through his body. It was better that he just lay on this bed as opposed to trying to get up.

It was then that he realized something… A bed. A bed!! He hadn’t noticed it when he first woke up, but he was in a bed. His injured head was resting on a fluffy pillow and his hands gripped the soft sheets under him. He was no longer laying on a hard floor in some dirty shack in the middle of the woods. Someone had rescued him, but no matter how hard he tried he couldn’t remember who. He couldn’t remember much of anything. Racking his brain proved too difficult in his weakened state. Only time would help him out now. His body had to adjust to the pain and in the meantime he would consider his situation.

Kidnapping was expected in his line of work, but he didn’t think it would happen like this. He didn’t think he would wind up in so much pain or that his captors would ever get the better of him. In fact, he never expected his captors to be the evil men he sold his weapons to. He thought the first people to catch him would be the government. He had been ready to get arrested, go to court, plead his case, and then probably get executed. To think he’d been outdone by a bunch of lowly thugs for some no-name black market buyer.

Disappointment filled him, but he supposed it could be worse. He’d been saved after all. Sitting in the bed as long as he had allowed a few memories to pop up. Cain had kicked someone… This person turned out to be his savior, but he didn’t know that at the time. He’d just thought some other thugs had come to steal him away. This man… A face slowly started to form in his mind and he smiled when it finally became clear. The handsome man… He’d been saved by a handsome, rugged, dashing looking man. Thomas was his name and this man had mentioned Lord Graham… Uh oh.

Thomas was probably part of the military if that was the case. Whether it was Lord Graham senior or Hunter who had issued the rescue, there was no doubt that this man would have been part of the military. It was likely that he had been sworn to secrecy, but Cain didn’t want to take his chances. At the end of the day he was an arms dealer and people were unsympathetic to that. The only people who could know of his trade were his sister, brother, and brother-in-law. This new man made his secret known to one person too many.

Even though pain racked his body, Cain sat up, trembling as he set both feet on the ground. When he lifted his head he saw him… There was his savior, sleeping soundly in the corner. Cain grew nervous at the sight of him. Even if he wanted to there was no way he could take this man on. What’s worse is that if Thomas felt the need to he could report Cain to the authorities, locking him away forever or sentencing him to execution. Fear and panic rose in the Count’s chest. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Without even bothering to check where he was or investigate his surroundings, Cain limped towards the door. His fear put unreasonable thoughts in his mind. He imagined that if he could somehow get home before Thomas, then he could destroy evidence of his dark work. Even if Thomas reported him there would be no evidence left for a conviction. The pain in his body, his injured head, and his panic pushed him towards the door, though when he opened it he let out a small gasp. There were two men who were obviously with Thomas guarding the door. The men looked at him curiously then harshly, as if he were already a felon.

“Hey, boys….” Cain said, though neither of them responded. He let out a nervous laugh, trying to think of some excuse to get past them. “I uhh… I just ummm…”

Cain was intelligent, but sometimes he was the most useless being on the planet.

“I’ll just… Close this door then… Bye….” He awkwardly shut the door, pressing his back to it and sliding to the ground. Whatever boost of energy he had was spent and he fell over, unable to even crawl back to bed. He let out groan, wishing this was all just some bad dream. Even though his body had lost of all it’s energy, his mind raced a mile a minute. He wondered if this could have been avoided. He wondered if maybe he should quit his dark hobby even though it was his passion. He wondered his brother and sister would appreciate him giving up this lifestyle in exchange for a more normal and boring one.

And he wondered if Thomas was staring at him.

He blinked a few times, lifting his head as much as he could to get a good look at the man in the comfy chair. Had he been watching him make a fool of himself this whole time? Of course he had… If Cain had the energy he might have been angry, but by now he was ready to resign to his fate. Instead he let his head fall back and closed his eyes as he addressed his rescuer.

“Can you… Can you help me back to the bed? Please? Oh and ummm… Is it too much to ask for you to not tell anyone about what you saw today?” He was like a child asking to not get snitched on. Still, the moment he asked the question he felt the mood of the room darken. Thomas didn’t seem happy…. Cain cowarded a bit against the wall, hoping this other man wasn’t as aggressive as his captors. It wouldn’t look good for the rescuers to torture the kidnapped, right? “I mean I can give you a weapon if it’ll help… Speaking of where are they? I hope you didn’t leave them behind.” Cain wasn’t exactly in a position to judge Thomas and his decisions, but he was a protective of weapons. Not even his fear of the other man’s wrath would stop him from asking about them. Even so, Cain was an entitled man and he held onto the hope that Thomas would at least help him back to the bed.

The fire from the fireplace radiated warmth and illuminated the book he was holding. He was reclining in a comfortable chair on one of his rare free days. Reading an interesting book was his favourite pastime, that didn’t involve physical activity. Otherwise he preferred to spend his time in movement.

A creak of the floorboards caught Thomas’ attention. The pleasant dream he was having slipped away and he slowly opened his pale blue eyes, stilling his breathing as to not draw attention to himself. He wanted to assess the situation before acting. It turned out it was the young count, who was making all the racket, disturbing his sleep. The general’s eyes followed him, as he limped towards the door. No worry there, Thomas knew his men would stop him. It did give him time to have a good look though. Count Cain looked worn out and the burst of adrenaline that allowed him to walk, didn’t last long as the other slumped against the door.

That was also the moment the count noticed he was being watched. He started to speak, “Can you… Can you help me back to the bed? Please? Oh and ummm… Is it too much to ask for you to not tell anyone about what you saw today?”

Thomas narrowed his eyes. He expected at least a thank you for his efforts, or maybe an apology for all the trouble he went through, but no. Count Cain was probably used to everyone indulging his whims because of his social status and expected the same from him, but Thomas wasn’t in the mood to be polite.

The other’s survival instincts weren’t really good, because instead of shutting up, he continued talking. “I mean I can give you a weapon if it’ll help… Speaking of where are they? I hope you didn’t leave them behind.”

As if Thomas could be bought so easily. A lesson in humility would be in order here. Thomas tilted his head slightly to the right, allowing his good eye a better angle and stretched out his legs, getting comfortable. “No..yes..and no.” He waited a moment, before explaining. “No, I won’t help you back to bed, yes, it is too much to ask and no, I didn’t leave them behind.” Well, he technically did, but he will retrieve them later so it didn’t really make a difference.

He took a grape from the bowl of freshly chopped fruit that the owner of the inn politely produced for them. His men brought it in and rekindled the fire, when they came to give their report to Thomas, during the night. Everything was calm, at least for now, so the general decided he can enjoy himself a little.

Focusing all his attention to the grape berry his fingers were playing with, he continued to talk. “You know, I did save you from the thugs who planned to kill you and cleaned the mess you made with selling those weapons. Not to mention I carried you like a princess all the way to this inn.” Again, it technically didn’t go down exactly like this, but Thomas didn’t have a problem with altering the truth, if it served him in some way. Telling the truth didn’t get you far in life anyway.

His voice grew colder and he gave a piercing stare to the count, as he continued, “So don’t you think showing some gratitude would be in order?” Not really waiting for a reply, he continued with almost a purr, “Now be a good boy, go to your knees, crawl here and I might reward you, if you behave.” Leaving the young count to guess at what a reward might be, he slowly pushed the grape between his teeth, enjoying the sweet taste as he licked his lips.

If the other didn’t want to play along, Thomas could still drag him to the bed and tether him to it. But the count was attractive and the general really wanted to see him on his knees. He deserved some fun after all the hard work.

So mean…. Cain listened to the general answer his questions and decided once and for all that the man was just mean. It wouldn’t serve Cain well if Thomas told everyone about his little secret. He managed to keep his dark hobby hidden for so long and now because of a stupid blunder and an unforgiving general he was going to be exposed. The thought frightened him. Cain couldn’t remember a time he’d been frightened. Not even when those thugs kidnapped him was he scared. He was surprised, sure, but not scared.

Cain wanted to say something, anything at all, but he had trouble finding his voice as he lay on the ground, wishing this whole situation would just go away. Weakness wasn’t something Cain often showed and he believed that even now he wasn’t showing it, but the power balance was obvious. Thomas held all the cards while Cain had nothing to save him.

Though perhaps his saving grace wasn’t so far away. Thomas continued speaking and a smirk crossed Cain’s lips at the other’s mischievous words.

“Now be a good boy, go to your knees, crawl here and I might reward you, if you behave.”

So Thomas was that kind of man? Good. Cain could work with that. He just might be able to save his skin after all. With a heavy sigh, Cain lifted his tired body to a sitting position and smiled in Thomas’ direction. “You know, General…” he started, deciding first to harass his soon-to-be new best friend. “While I appreciate you cleaning up my mess and while I appreciate more that you carried me like the delicate princess I am all the way here… You don’t deserve a thank you.” Cain narrowed his already sharp eyes, though got on his knees and began slowly crawling towards Thomas. “You don’t get special rewards for doing your job. No one gets rewarded for simply doing what they’re already supposed to do.”

It was difficult to speak with any ounce of dignity as he crawled on the floor. No one had ever treated him this way. No one had ever been so deliberate and obvious about his intentions. Certainly no one dared treat the count like he was a lesser being. This was first time anything like this had ever happened and Cain was surprised at how he was reacting. Though his words were argumentative he did exactly as he was told, and he even more surprising was the difficulty in denying the twitching in his pants. Dare he say he was mildly turned on? Dare he say he liked the confidence and force Thomas exuded from his high up place in that chair?

While is words were calm yet fiery, Cain's body language told a different story. He trembled as he crawled along, his head low as if he weren’t worthy to look at Thomas. He felt a strange anxiety in him... It was embarrassment that someone of his stature was diminished to almost nothing. He was at the mercy of this man and while the embarrassment devoured him, he also wanted more of it. He wanted more of this man’s control. Not that he would admit it aloud….

“You do, however, get rewarded for doing favors….” Cain finally made it Thomas and opened the man’s legs so he could sit on his knees between them. He looked up at the other, the grin still plastered on his face even from his low position. “We both know that if word of this gets out I’ll be executed. Needless to say, I don’t want to die.” Cain lightly nuzzled Thomas’ inner thigh, his hands gliding up the general’s leg and over his crotch. He took a moment to lightly rub between the other's legs, hiding his own excitement over how big the general felt. He swallowed hard, then stopped his teasing to untuck Thomas’ shirt. “Keep my secret just that: a secret. I can reward you well if you do.” With that, Cain took one of the grapes from the bowl and lightly licked at it before rolling it into his mouth and running his fingers over his lips. If Thomas wanted to play, then Cain would show him that two could play that game.

Thomas patiently listened to the young count, only his eyebrow twitching when he heard he doesn’t deserve a thank you. He had plenty of other, more important things to do than saving an ignorant brat, or at least he would have in normal circumstances. The Opium war with China, which allowed the general his quick accession to the title, just ended, but relations with Russia were strained and there were talks about a new war starting. Nothing will stop Thomas to be part of that, so the sooner he gets rid of the young count and returns to service, the better.

The problem was, his head was still hurting and the rescue mission probably did more damage than good. The general wasn’t fond of thinking what the damned doctor at the Graham mansion will make him do, after he finds out how Thomas spent the last few days. He will probably need to rest again, which wasn’t a prospect he was looking forward to.

But at the moment, the general was too distracted to think about that. Count Cain obviously didn’t mind crawling on all fours after all. Thomas observed the count as he reached him, allowing him to open his legs, wanting to see how far the other is willing to go. Obviously quite far, since he started sliding his hands all over Thomas. The sight was making the general hard and he had to fight the urge to pull his pants down and bury himself in Cain’s mouth. They will get to that later. Right now, Thomas wanted to see what the count will do.

A chuckle escaped the general’s lips at the count’s last words. He thought it was witty, using the same words he did. He picked another piece from the fruit bowl, this time taking it to the count’s mouth instead of his own. He lightly brushed the other’s lips with the fruit, following the same path as Cain’s fingers made a moment before, making them glisten from the juice, before pushing it inside Cain’s mouth, along with his finger. “You do seem to have a limber tongue. Convince me you’re worth keeping a secret for.”

Cain chuckled softly as Thomas’ long, nimble finger slid into his mouth. Persuasion was something Cain never had trouble with. Even a war-hardened general like Thomas would succumb to the count’s wiles; of this Cain was certain. Thomas may have been rough around the edges, but he had desires, needs, and wants just like everyone else. In fact, he probably needed it more than everyone else, which worked well for Cain’s situation. The two of them could help each other out. Cain would help Thomas release his stress and in return the general hopefully wouldn’t say anything that could get Cain killed.

Cain slowly removed the other’s finger from his mouth, then placed light, sweet kisses on each individual finger, staring right into Thomas’ eyes as he did so. He spent some time delicately kissing the general’s hand and fingers before taking two in his mouth, swirling his tongue around them. He moaned softly, teasing Thomas for several moments before letting those lovely fingers fall from his mouth. Not one to waste anymore time than necessary, Cain undid Thomas’ pants and pulled them down to his thighs. The count, always one to play up the dramatics, cuteness, and sexiness, let out a delighted squeak at the sight of the other’s large, hardened cock. He quickly licked the tip, as if testing it out, and giggled at the salty taste he was met with.

“Eager, aren’t you?” Cain laughed again, though this time took Thomas’ cock in his hand and pumped it. He smiled as he stroked him, placing his lips on Thomas’ abdomen to plant small kisses upwards to his chest and nipples. He sighed as he sucked hard on that delectable little nipple, his hand working at a steady pace to keep the other’s mind in a state of pleasure. After all, pleasing others was something Cain was good at it. He was particularly good at one thing….

“You know, sir,” he said softly, pressing as much of his body as he could against Thomas’ as he continued to stroke him. His face was close enough to the other’s that he planted a light kiss to his lips. “I’m going to go ahead and apologize in advance. After me, you’ll never want anyone else sucking your delicious dick. There’s no one who’s better at it. Promise.”

He winked, then lowered himself back down so his face was directly in front of Thomas’ cock. He grinned to himself as he pulled his hand away and again licked at the tip the same way a kitten licks it's milk. Giving it all to his partner upfront was never Cain’s style. There was something so raw and arousing about teasing his partners as much as he could. Hearing them moan and whine as they lost their minds spurred Cain on in more ways than one. Thomas would be no exception to Cain’s merciless teasing.

He licked at the tip again, though this time he swirled his tongue around it before taking it away. He repeated the action a few more times before taking the tip wholly in his mouth and sucking for a few seconds. Part of him wondered what was going through the general’s mind right now, but he tried not to worry too much about it. All he needed to do was please this man so he could get what he wanted. He sucked again on the tip, then let it slide out of his mouth. A smile crossed his face as he leaned further in and lightly licked at the base, then dragged his tongue up to the very top again. A soft sigh left him as he did it again and again. Eventually Thomas’ cock was glistening with wetness and the sight made Cain’s own cock rise in his pants.

Cain would usually say something witty at this point just to push his partner a little farther, but Thomas wasn’t like the usual men he slept with. There was something about him that drove Cain to just give him what he wanted. Maybe it was because he wanted Thomas to do him that favor or maybe it was because of the dominant energy exuding from the man, but Cain knew the time for teasing was over. He again winked at Thomas before taking in the other slowly, moaning as the hard cock filled his mouth. He at first sucked lightly, wanting to get a feel for how far he could take it in, though that lightness didn’t last long. Thomas hardly seemed like a gentle man and Cain didn’t want to treat him as such.

Those light sucks soon grew faster and harder. Cain’s head bobbed up and down as he practically inhaled the thing in his mouth. He felt the tip tickle the back of his throat and swallowed hard to tighten more around the cock. His tongue was just as busy, swirling and tickling along the base and tip. Meanwhile his hands traveled all around the general’s body, playing with the other’s balls, pulling and rubbing his nipples, running down his chest… The general was a sexy man and Cain wanted to get as much of him as he could, even if this was mostly a business transaction.

Cain eventually let go of the general’s cock, not wanting to give him such special treatment the entire way through. The cold air would do good to remind the general just how amazing Cain was at this. He licked again on the underside, from bottom to top as his hands traveled to his own ignored erection. “What do you think so far, sir?” he asked, purposefully using the word “sir” so Thomas felt even more in charge than he already was. “Aren’t I the best you’ve ever had?” Cain stared right into the other’s eyes as he took him in wholly again, and slowly, every so slowly, sucked right down to the tip before letting him go. This was turning out to be more fun than he thought it would be.

It was obvious Thomas misjudged the young count. He thought the other will put up more resistance, trying to hold on to some idea of dignity, playing on his status to make the general do as he wants, but no. To his surprise the count eagerly played along, kissing his fingers and sucking on them. Thomas would lie, if he said that it didn’t arouse him.

He let his pants be pulled down, his phallus standing ready like a good soldier. He never really bothered about his size, but the count must have been enjoying what he saw, judging from his reactions. Thomas couldn’t help but sigh, when the other’s hot tongue brushed his tip. The urge to grab Cain’s hair and just please himself with his mouth was back and the general felt a slight discomfort in the back of his head. He didn’t know what it was about the young count that made him have this kind of thoughts.

“Eager, aren’t you?” the kneeling figure asked and Thomas replied with a despondent expression, “I am but a man.” That wasn’t true though. He was trained to be more than that, knew himself he could be more than just that, but the kisses Cain planted all over him and his hands were distracting him. He was listening half-heartedly at what the other was saying, more interested in what he will do next as he started to lower himself down to his member.

Thomas tried to remember the last time he did this, but couldn’t bring it to mind. He loved discipline and prouded himself on being able to resist his earthly wants. He could always push them aside until his job was done, but seeing that supple tongue dart out to his cock, was doing things to Thomas. There weren’t many lovers that the general took to his bed more than once and he couldn’t remember any that could make him start to lose his mind so fast. But count’s delicate neck that showed, while his head bobbed up and down, was making him want to mark it. He wanted the prints of his own fingers upon that neck, for everyone to see and know where they came from.

The thought made the general groan and throw his head back, resting it over the top of the recliner, his fingers digging into armrests. This was taking too long. Thomas needed to come, but just as the pressure started to build up, the young count stopped. The general’s head shot up as the other’s words, giving him a dark look. This little brat really thought too highly of himself and Thomas will have fun bringing him down from his high horse. He was more disciplined that this and a good blow job won’t make him loose his goddamn mind!

“I’m General Parke for you,” was his curt reply to the title, the other used. Count Cain probably thought he will feel flattered, but it only seemed like a mockery to Thomas. He was proud of what he achieved in his life and some false commendation like this, only made his actual title seem meaningless. “And if you have time to touch yourself, don’t you think it would be better used to keep me satisfied?”

His mood still didn’t seem to be getting better, even though he had the count beneath him, pleasuring him with his mouth. It still seemed to Thomas like his control was slipping. He needed to find release or he felt he might burst apart. Why did Cain had to look so damn edible and like he enjoyed being under Thomas? It made the general want to dominate every part of the young count, hear him screaming his name, as he comes apart under him.

He decided he waited long enough and his patience was starting to run out. Thomas planned to show the young count how he really enjoyed his men. His left hand darted out, grabbing his chin and pulling the slender male up until they were face to face. His lips spread into a wicked grin, before speaking with a hoarse voice, “You think too highly of yourself little one. Let me show you how to satisfy a real man.”

With that, his right hand grabbed a heap of count’s light hair and abruptly pushed him down, until he was at the same height as his throbbing cock again. His other hand reached for his own member, positioning it right in front of the other’s mouth. He only breathed out a short “open,” before pushing himself back into the moist warmth. He didn’t give the other time to get adjusted, before jerking his hips up and pulling on his hair, burying himself into count’s mouth completely. He didn’t give any thought to the fact the other might not be able to breathe, as he kept pummeling in and out, the count’s throat constricting sweetly around him and giving Thomas the much needed friction. He was worked up from before so it didn’t take long, before he was spilling himself into Cain’s mouth. The general groaned and relished the feeling of being buried into the handsome count for a moment, before pulling out and letting go of his hair. “Swallow it.”

Cain really was a sight to behold, especially messed up like this and Thomas knew he will have him under him again, if the other wanted to or not.

There was barely a second before Thomas was suddenly in Cain’s mouth again, shoving himself in and out of it. He was harsh to say the least… Cain didn’t have even a second to adjust before the other’s cock was deep down his throat, the suddenness of it causing him to cough and gag. It took some time, but Cain managed to gain back some control and suck on Thomas properly in order to add an extra layer of pleasure. Still, his mind raced while he devoured the other’s thick, wet member. This was the first time someone had ever treated him so harshly. None of his previous partners had ever exuded such dominance or used such force with him. Part him questioned Thomas’ actions, wondering if it was right to treat someone as just a plaything, but the other part of him… The other part of him desired it.

Cain did his best to adjust well enough to Thomas roughly forcing himself in and out of his mouth. He tried to use his tongue as best as he knew how and he sucked hard each time the other entered him, but somehow it felt like it didn’t matter. It was as if just using Cain was pleasurable enough; Cain couldn’t be sure if that was the case, but he felt somehow that his skills were hardly needed when he was already bending to Thomas’ will. Soft moans came from Cain, though they were less from pleasure and more from the harsh treatment. He soon let out a cry when he felt the other release. He felt the warm liquid slide down his throat, but this was the first time he couldn’t handle it. It was too quick, too sudden, and when Thomas pulled himself out Cain covered his mouth as he coughed, spilling the other’s liquid down his chin and in his hand.

He was gasping and panting, and when was finally free of the other’s hard grasp in his hair he fell backwards, coughing as he tried to control himself. Even though he felt like he’d hardly done any work he was exhausted and tired. This was partly due to his weakness from being trapped by those kidnappers for so long, but it was also a matter of Thomas’ treatment of him. There was something about it… Something about his nature and demeanor that lit a fire in Cain. It had been a while since he’d truly craved his partner. Thomas was giving him something no one else had and Cain didn’t know what it was. All he knew was that he wanted more.

Still, Cain was a defiant thing. After taking a moment to recover from the other’s treatment, he smirked, wondering if he looked even somewhat intimidating considering the state he was in. He ran a thumb along his lips, wiping away the cum that hadn’t quite stayed in his mouth. “Satisfied?” he mumbled, his voice hoarse after having the other’s hefty member down his throat. “You’re a rough one.” He tried to sit up fully only to find his body heavy and weak. He hadn’t eaten much since he was kidnapped and while he was having fun with the general, involving himself in these sexual games probably wasn’t the best course of action for him. Not that he would stop... Though he had to do something about Thomas treating him like a lesser being. Regardless of how much he seemingly enjoyed this feeling of someone else’s power over him, he was a count. He had pride and dignity of his own, and it was difficult to just throw all of that away. He forced himself onto his knees, then slowly got to his feet. He swayed a bit as he stood, but managed to keep steady as he pushed his tousled hair out of his eyes and stared at Thomas.

“Don’t call me ‘little one.’ You may be older than me, but I’m no kid. I think I’ve already proven that to you.” Cain raised his eyebrow as he shrugged off his tattered jacket and shirt. His stomach showed bruises from where the kidnappers had beaten him, but he knew Thomas could look past that. “You want me so badly, don’t you old man?” He said, dropping any act of respect for the other man. In reality, Cain couldn’t guess at all how old Thomas was. He was attractive, looking handsome for any age he might have been. The comment was meant to annoy more than reveal any truths. “You probably haven’t had someone this young and good in a while. I can see why you’re so eager.” He leaned in a pressed a quick kiss to Thomas’ lips, laughing as he did so. Messing with this guy was fun and Cain was all about having fun. “You should take care of me now since I did it for you. It’s only fair, right?”

It was nice hearing the count’s hoarse voice asking him if he was satisfied, knowing he was responsible for making him sound like that. Thomas had to admit that it indeed was satisfying, although he didn’t say that out loud. He felt his body relaxing into the couch, some of the tension slipping out of his muscles and he didn’t want to move.

The young count wasn’t thinking alike though and Thomas thought he might faint from the exertion as he stood up. For a second he wanted to make the other go rest some more, but then figured he wasn’t a babysitter. Wasn’t saving his life enough? It would be best if he delivered the count to his friend as soon as possible and then never look back.

The general wasn’t talkative, especially not in the company of people he didn’t know, but there was something about the young count that riled him up. He was on point, calling him an old man and about Thomas wanting him badly. How could someone who was so roughed up, still be this impudent? Thomas didn’t want to admit it, but seeing the count loose his jacket and shirt by his own will, and then kissing him playfully, even after he was basically forced by the general, made his member twitch. He didn’t remember last time anyone made him this aroused and this exasperated at the same time.

He pulled the young count down, so he was straddling him now, tracing the bruises over his torso with a finger. He was glad he killed those kidnappers, because only he should be allowed to leave marks on Cain’s body. “Look at you, you’re too scrawny, so I’m still calling you little one.” Thomas actually liked how lean the young count looked, like he could easily break him in half. “I don’t think it’s fair that I should take care of you now, seeing how you made me hard and then left me to please myself.” His finger reached the brim of the other’s pants and the general tucked it under, moving it from side to side, sliding it deeper in with each stroke. “However, I did say I might reward you if you will be a good boy. So tell me little one, how do you know Hunter Graham?” He used the new nickname almost mockingly, wanting to see the count annoyed too. Thomas shouldn't be the only one feeling like this.

His finger reached the young count’s shaft and Thomas started to gently circle around its tip. There were too many things he didn’t know about this mission and he still didn’t get any information out of Cain. It was time he changed that. So why not make this interrogation enjoyable for both of them?

It seemed like the count would have to get used to his new companion calling him “little one.” He wrinkled his nose at the nickname, but ultimately let it go. It wasn’t like he didn’t have his own annoying nickname for Thomas. “Fine. Call me what you will, old man.” He accepted his new name, though not without a price. Regardless of how much he disliked the nickname, there was an odd sort of affection held within both of them. He doubted they would have kept it up had they not wanted to be playful with one another. The silliness of it made him laugh as he straddled the other, wrapping his arms around his neck and planting soft kisses along his cheek.

“Hunter Graham? You’re so mean, old man. How could you say another man’s name when we’ve become so close? You’re awful.” Cain was only teasing, but it seemed that Thomas really couldn’t take his mind away from work even with the dashing young count on his lap. Cain supposed he could appreciate that level of dedication to some extent, but it still annoyed him. In retaliation, he pulled the general into a kiss. It was hard and passionate right from the start; Cain held Thomas’ face in his hands, moaning as their tongues played with one another. The kiss was only intensified when Cain felt Thomas’ hands on him. His body was out of his control as he rolled his hips, trying to get more of those long, thin fingers against his needy member. His kiss grew more fiery and desperate as he was touched, and it took everything inside of him to pull away. His lips were puffy and his cheeks red as he stared at the general with a dark and hungry expression.

“Hunter didn’t tell you about us?” Cain began to answer as he undid his pants to pull out his aching cock. He took Thomas’ hand in his own and wrapped it around the pulsing member, slowly stroking it together. It wasn’t all that he wanted, but it would do for now until Thomas was ready to give him more. He sighed softly as warmth spread through him, and his eyes fluttered shut as he rested his head on Thomas’ shoulder to whisper in his ear. Being forced to talk about such a boring thing was bothersome when all Cain wanted was for Thomas to please him.

“I’m assuming he was the one who asked you to rescue me. He’s such a good person, no?” Cain’s tongue lightly lapped at Thomas’ ear as he spoke, his warm breath ghosting over it. “Hunter’s my boyfriend, you see. I’ve been with him for years, but we’ve kept it under wraps. It makes sense that he would want me to be rescued. I wonder what he would say knowing that you took me as your own. That’s disrespecting his property.” Cain smiled widely and placed a kiss on Thomas’ lips. His eyes were hardly seeing anything he worked to stroke himself with Thomas’ hand faster and harder. By now his words were coming out in pants and between moans and soft whines.

“No, no. Don’t worry, old man, I’m kidding. In reality he’s my partner in crime. I bet you’d never expect an upstanding citizen like him to be involved in the black market. He provides the weapons and I provide the alchemy that gives them their strength. We split the profits 50/50. It’s the perfect deal.”

A short laugh came from Cain as he pressed his body harder against the other’s, his cock stuck between himself and Thomas’ abdomen. “You probably don’t believe me. Well, how about this then? He’s my brother-in-law. The woman he’s married to is my sister, though I’d really rather not talk about her when I’m so… Excited.” A hand traveled down Thomas’ chest while his lips again captured the other’s. He refused to let the other’s lips go even when he needed air; his need and desperation were growing quickly, but of course Thomas wouldn’t give him what he wanted so easily.

It was why Cain didn’t give him what he wanted either.

“One of those answers is true. It shouldn’t take you long to figure it out. Now are you going to keep interviewing me or can we get on with it?”

Count Cain was definitely cute. He talked too much, but it was cute. When he wrinkled his nose, he looked like a little kid and the thought was a bit disturbing, but his behaviour proved he was definitely not a child. It was hard to be brooding, when the young count appeared so cheerful and was so eager to enjoy himself. It was a first for the general to have a lover like this and it was refreshing.

The kiss surprised him, or more accurately the intensity of it. The young count obviously didn’t want to talk. When they broke apart it took every ounce of the general’s determination to not pick the other up, take him to bed and ravish him. When Cain pulled out his member, Thomas let him take his hand and use it to stroke himself. It was pleasant watching the young count like this, while he himself didn’t have to do anything, but enjoy the show.

He patiently listened to the first story, but he almost instantly discarded it. Thomas knew Hunter and even though he didn’t have any illusions about the man being a saint, he knew that if he decided to take a lover, he wouldn’t hide it before him. It did seem like his friend was happy at the moment and his wife was taking up most of his time. So the young count was lying, probably to rile him up, but before the general had time to reply, there was another explanation offered.

Cain was a distraction, looking so sinful and Thomas had to force himself to listen to his words. The second story was more believable than first and the general found himself frowning at the thought of his friend being involved in the black market. Hunter had no need for money, his father was wealthy enough. Did he do it for the thrill? But surely he wasn’t that stupid. It would cast a big stain on his family name, if the word got out that he was illegally trading with weapons. His father would be furious.

Thomas was slowly losing his patience, when the count offered another explanation. Or maybe it was how he was acting that was getting to the general. He was looking sinfully delicious, letting out little sounds of pleasure and it was hard staying composed. It was even harder to think clearly and Thomas couldn’t seem to remember the name of his friend’s wife. He missed the wedding, because you couldn’t really take time away from fighting a war and Hunter understood. But if he would put some effort into at least meeting her, he wouldn’t be so clueless now. It did seem like the most believable explanation of the three, but he couldn’t know for sure until he met with his friend again. Cain didn’t seem so eager to cooperate and tell him the truth right now.

“If you want to get it on so badly, you shouldn’t talk that much.” Thomas shook the other’s hand away and started pumping his length himself. His other hand sneaked behind, slipping between the count’s cheeks, rubbing him there. Cain’s skin looked so soft and Thomas couldn’t resist the urge to bite his collarbone strong enough, that it will leave a mark, and then spatter it with kisses to soothe the pain, his fingers all the while rubbing and probing the count’s entrance. He didn’t have anything near he could use as a lubricant, but maybe he wouldn’t need it for one finger. The young count did look like he might enjoy a little pain, judging from his previous reactions, so the general slowly forced his finger inside, while stroking him faster and faster, observing his reactions.

Cain couldn’t help but laugh at his fun new companion. He could tell the old man was getting annoyed with his chatter, but that made the count want to keep talking all the more. Thomas’ patience was thin and there was nothing Cain found more entertaining than bothering uptight people like the handsome general. Why be so uptight when life was had so many fun things to offer? He supposed Thomas had a different story considering he was in a war and all, but Cain imagined that someone who had gone through something like that would want to get the most enjoyment out of life. The count was young and ignorant and had little in the way of true pressure in life so he couldn’t imagine something so traumatizing and horrendous happening to him that would make him so… Quiet. Even this kidnapping was little more than an adventure to him, and Thomas was the prince that every adventure needed.

“You’re the one who asked me a question and yet you want me to be quiet,” Cain said with a giggle as his head fell back when Thomas started probing his entrance. A wide smile crossed his face at Thomas’ eagerness, or perhaps it was more that he just wanted to mess with the young count. “You don’t even want to properly prepare me? Fine. Have it your way, old man.” Cain whimpered slightly when he felt a finger enter him. He tried to hide the pain that he knew would only last a few moments until he got used to it. He began pressing himself against the other’s finger, biting his lip as the pain mixed with the little shocks of pleasure. The fact that Thomas was stroking him only added to his pleasure, and it was all he could do to keep his mind from wandering too far off.

“You must be so sad knowing that your friend doesn’t trust you with such information.” Cain looked back at the general, a crooked smile on his face as he wrapped his arms around the other’s neck. He didn’t know exactly how close Hunter and Thomas were, but Cain went ahead and guessed that they were good friends. “Why didn’t Hunter tell you that he was my boyfriend? Or that he was my partner in crime? Or that he was married to my sister? Or maybe it’s not him who’s the bad friend. Maybe it’s you.” Even with his harsh, unkind words Cain pressed little kisses to Thomas’ cheek and lapped at his ear as he spoke. “Maybe you never paid close enough attention to know that he has a secret lover like me. Or maybe all this time he’d been leaving you hints that he was involved in nefarious trading, but you were just too dense to notice. Or maybe you really never quite paid attention to his wife. If you did you would probably know if she had a brother or not. No big deal though. I mean his wife is only the most important person in his life, right? It’s no issue that you can’t seem to remember her face. Hunter doesn’t mind that his good friend couldn’t point out his wife in a crowd, right? If you could maybe you could determine if I looked enough like her to be her brother.”

Cain slowly pulled back so he could look Thomas in the eye. Part of him wondered if he went too far, but it was hard to tell with the general. Maybe he took Cain’s words as nothing more than a young, stupid count trying to rile him up or maybe Cain really struck a nerve. Even though he was deliberately trying to be mean Cain found it odd that Thomas didn’t seem to know which one of the stories was true. Surely Thomas at least had an idea, but still.

“Well, I don’t really care either way!” Cain laughed as he leaned back and forced himself down on Thomas’ finger once again. He gave a delighted little squeal when he felt the other’s finger graze along a particularly sensitive spot. “All I care about right now is this.” Cain ran his hand over Thomas’ member, biting his lip at the feel of it. He moaned softly as his eagerness for it grew. Never once had one of his partners kept him waiting this long. Perhaps Thomas was more patient than he thought.

“Do you have anymore questions for me, dear?” Cain reached behind him and forced another of Thomas’ fingers inside of him, gasping and shuddering at the painful pleasure that ran through him. “If it makes you feel any better I promise to answer any question you ask me truthfully. Or we can skip the questions all together and just move onto the fun part. What do you think?” He winked at Thomas before placing a soft, chaste kiss to the other’s lips.

When Cain started pressing himself back on his finger, the pain mixed with pleasure on his face, Thomas thought there will be no more talking, but oh was he ever more mistaken. The young count obviously intended to talk through the whole thing and the general wondered if the other only stops with the chatter while he sleeps. If he knew that a simple question would bring this on, he wouldn’t ask anything. No wonder he got so badly beaten by the kidnappers, he probably drove them crazy with all the prattling.

The things Cain was saying were really making Thomas consider gagging him. The silence, only interrupted by muffled moans, would be a balm for the general’s ears right now. A picture of the young count, tied to a bed, unable to speak through the muzzle, flashed in front of his eyes and Thomas wondered if he could make him cry like that. The mere thought was arousing him again and the general mentally forced himself to think about something else. The man straddling his lap really had a way to bring out the worst side of him.

Some of the words that were spoken hit home and the general didn’t like that one bit. He never cared much about getting to know other people around Hunter and Lord Graham, as long as they were not a threat. He found them boring and unworthy of his attention. His friend’s wife was someone he wasn’t interested in either. As long as she was keeping Hunter content, Thomas wouldn’t need to know more about her. But if count Cain really was her brother, she just became a lot more interesting. Out of all three stories, this one seemed the most believable, at least Thomas’ feeling was telling him so and he always followed his gut.

All this chatter annoyed him greatly and the brat even had the audacity to call him dear. The young count obviously didn’t have much care in the world and his own pleasure was so important to him, he didn’t even care who Thomas was, as long as he would satisfy him. The general always repaid favours and the other did give him a lot of contentment, so he would pay it back in kind. But his mood darkened and the bed that seemed so alluring a few moments ago, lost its appeal, even if his partner did seem eager.

“Let’s skip the questions or rather your answers. You enjoy the sound of your voice too much and I don’t.”

The young count inserted the second finger by his own accord and the gasp he let out wasn’t only from the pain. Thomas moved, trying to find the spot his finger brushed before, while his other hand kept pumping. He kept the pace slow but steady, brushing over the other’s tip with his thumb every few strokes, focusing more on his other hand. His fingers moved, until he found the right spot again and as he pressed on it, he licked the mark he made on the other's collarbone moving up the count’s neck to his earlobe, biting it too.

• 2 weeks later...

“Let’s skip the questions or rather your answers. You enjoy the sound of your voice too much and I don’t.”

Cain raised an eyebrow at the general, holding in the chuckle that bubbled in his throat. Instead he nuzzled Thomas’ cheek before placing small kisses on it. It seems he had indeed managed to annoy Thomas, but that was alright with him. Not a day went by that he didn’t find bothering someone entertaining. There was little in this world that Cain considered fun, so he had to make his own fun if he was going to survive.

“You’re lying.” A smile crossed his lips as he moved to kiss Thomas on his other cheek. “You love my voice. You adore it and want more of it. You don’t have to lie to me, old man.” Cain cared little about whether or not Thomas really disliked his voice or not. Cain was an expert at not caring about anything at all, save for himself. Even then, he didn’t mind putting himself in danger for a little fun. It was why being an arms dealer never worried him. Nothing would ruin Cain’s fun. Nothing.

It didn’t take long for moans to replace his noisy, unwanted words. Feeling the general’s lips along his collarbone warmed his body, and he wrapped his arms around the other man to keep him close. Even with their little spats Cain felt more affection for him than any other man he’d shared a bed with. Perhaps it was because he imagined that this old man just needed some company, a person to give him the attention he needed and desired whether he knew it or not. Cain was good at that.

Each stroke released a small whine from Cain. His hips moved along with Thomas’ hand and he soon felt that all too familiar feeling in the pit of his stomach. His body tensed as he came, and he threw his head back as a quick shout escaped him. The smile remained on his face as he opened his hazzy eyes to look right into Thomas’. “I’m happy,” he muttered, placing his lips against the other’s. This kiss wasn’t as passionate his previous ones, but it expressed just how happy he was.

“I’m spent,” he said, slowly climbing off of Thomas to pull up his pants. Out of all of the lies he had told tonight his tiredness was true. He hadn’t eaten properly in days, he’d been beaten, and now he engaged in a fun night with a handsome man. He’d be lucky if he could wake up tomorrow. He collapsed onto the bed, curling into a little ball under the sheets. “If you want more of me you’ll have to put a pillow under me or something. I can’t give you anymore.”

It was easy enough to doze off, but before he let sleep take him entirely he motioned for Thomas to join him. “Come sleep beside me, my sweet old man. You could use the company, right? I’m warm so come on. Come here.” He beckoned him a few more times before letting his arms fall back onto the soft mattress. Without knowing whether or not Thomas actually joined him, Cain fell fast asleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course the young count had to contradict him. Thomas was getting the feeling that the only job the other had, was entertaining himself by always contradicting others. At least it looked like he enjoyed doing it. On the other hand, the general felt annoyed by this attitude. He had to dig his way from the slums, to be where he was today and that wouldn’t even be possible without Lord Graham’s help! He really wished to teach the young count a lesson in life, being a privileged brat he was, but Cain surprised him yet again.

As he came, Count Cain’s demeanour changed. From the previous indelicate brat who wouldn’t stop talking whatever came to his mind, he turned into this genial boy. He looked younger like this, sweet and happy, as he laid down on the bed, inviting the general to join him. Thomas considered it for a second, but soon banished the thought. The boy seemed to be asleep already, which was for the best, since the general wouldn’t need to hear him natter away.

Thomas dressed himself back, trying to look presentable, but as always his hair had a mind of its own so he gave up the feeble attempts to keep it in order. For a man who valued discipline this much, his wild red hair really stood out. He had half of a mind to crop it short, but it fell over his eyes and he felt better when he could use it to cover up his scar. A look through the window told him it was almost dawn, so he went straight to work.

At first he planned to lay low for a day or two, maybe get some answers from the young Count, but now he knew better. The brat would only annoy him more and he might end up doing something really stupid. It was best to hand him back to Hunter as soon as possible and return to service. Thomas really wanted to blow something up already.

He looked at the sleeping figure and decided he can leave him alone for a couple of hours. Cain needed some rest and Thomas had things he needed to do. He left one of the mercenaries to keep watch, while he and the other got to work. It took them a good half of the day to arrange everything. First, Thomas had to make sure the stolen weapons were safely retrieved for which he needed people. Fortunately the money wasn’t an issue so it didn’t take long to find enough of them and buy their silence. Some threats were mixed in with the money and the general was fairly sure no one will talk unnecessarily. He still left his mercenary in charge, to make sure all the crates were sealed before transport.

After that there was the matter of arranging their transport. It would look suspicious if they left in the middle of the night, so Thomas decided to act as if he was accompanying Lord Cain and that they planned to leave after lunch. He found a carriage for two, decent enough for Cain’s status and all that was left to do was check on the Count.

Before heading to the room, he acquired lunch for both of them, not wanting to risk anyone seeing the young count that beaten up. He hoped the other would be still asleep, not causing any trouble, but if he learned something from this brief acquaintance, it was that Lord Cain would always be doing exactly the opposite of what the general would want him to do.

Cain didn’t know how long he’d been asleep, but he didn’t wake up easy. His head was pounding, he was starving, and he hardly remembered where he was. For a moment he thought he was still with his kidnappers and he was about to ask them to just kill him right then and there, but then he felt the soft sheets under him and plush pillow his head was resting on. Ah, that’s right… It all came back to him. He had spent the night in a hotel room shared with his handsome, somewhat anti-social, old man. Thomas… That’s right. Thomas was his name. Cain looked around, hoping to see his darling old man only to find himself alone.

“So sad for me…” Where could the other have gone? Sure there was work to be done, but was it really so important that he would just abandon Cain like that? Normally it was the other way around… Cain wasn’t used to being the one left behind. Was it really so hurtful?

“Well… Damn :(

Cain lay in the comfy bed for several moments, pouting at his unfortunate luck. However, it wouldn’t do to just lay there and do nothing. After all, his weapons were still out there and he had worked far too hard on them to let them be confiscated by the military. He sat up and straightened his clothes as best as he could before making his way to the door. Just as he was about to open it, it swung open revealing the man he’d been missing only moments before.

“Thomas! I thought you’d left me, you cruel man! Don’t ever leave me like that again!” Cain wrapped his arms around the other man’s neck and planted kisses all over his cheeks. The grin of the soldier standing guard didn’t go unnoticed by the Count, which only prompted him to continue his barrage of sweet kisses. Only when the scent of food reached his nose did he stop. “What’s this? You’re feeding me too? Oh I see! You knew you did me wrong by leaving so you’re trying to make it up to me by feeding me. I see. You’re pretty smart after all.”

A wink punctuated Cain’s little dig as he took both portions of food, hoping his savior would be willing to share with the hungry boy. Before he ran off to the bed, however, he stopped short and began patting down Thomas’ hair. “So messy,” he mumbled mostly to himself, receiving a chuckle from the soldier by the door. He tried to flatten down the wild red mane, though quickly gave up and waved at the guard as the door shut behind him. “What a nice fellow. He smiles unlike some people.”

With that Cain sat down crossed legged on the bed, opened his lunch, and dug in without a second thought. “Mmmm… So good. You never know how much you love food until you’ve been starved.” He looked up at Thomas, his expression one of confusion. “Why aren’t you eating? Get over here.” Cain scooted over and patted the spot beside him. There was no guarantee Thomas would share, but it always worth a try.

“Oh hey! We need to talk.” Cain pointed his fork at Thomas, trying to give him a serious look but severely failing due to the little crumbs of bread sticking to the corner of his mouth. “You can’t get rid of my weapons. I know you don’t want to give them back to me, but you have to. Just make up some story about how you couldn’t find them or something, okay? Hey, don’t look at me like that! Listen, if you try to destroy them they could backfire or explode or do something that could hurt people. If you put them in storage I guarantee they’ll be stolen. They’re safer with me.”

The general decided there and then, that he doesn’t ever want to deal with the little brat again.

When he opened the door to enter, he almost dropped the food as Lord Cain plunged at him, pulling him down to plant kisses all over his face. Thomas was so shocked that he couldn’t even stop the other. They were alone last night and it was in the lull of dark, so the general thought the other let go, behaving like he wanted, but Cain obviously wasn’t bothered to bear himself properly, even if someone else was present.

As if that wasn’t enough, the brat had the audacity to pat the general’s head like he was some dog. It made Thomas furious. He always disliked his wild hair, but someone else commenting on it still ticked him off. The mercenary outside chuckled at the sight and the general made a point of shutting the door close behind him with his foot. The show was over and Thomas made a mental note to stifle any rumours spreading, before they leave.

The urges he was pushing down suddenly resurfaced. He could walk to the Count, pull his shirt up and use it to tie his hands to the bed post. He was bigger and most likely stronger of the two, so the other wouldn’t be able to break free. He could use his own shirt, wrap it around his mouth to keep him quiet, while he would get rid of his clothes. He wouldn’t stretch him too much, he did want to punish the little brat.

But that would be crossing the line. First, Thomas didn’t need to resort to rape. He preferred his partners to beg him and they usually did. Second, this man was close to Hunter and he refused to do anything that would jeopardize their friendship. Third and probably the most important reason was, their social status. A general doing something like that to a Count could mean a whole lot of trouble for Thomas in the future. He didn’t know what kind of person Cain really was, but Lord Graham wouldn’t be able to protect him from something like this. What happened last night was already too much, even though the young count seemed willing.

The general gathered himself and put on a sharp smile, he usually used for politics. He hated it, but it came along with his rise in ranks and he done it hundreds of times before, so he could do it now too. “I do smile. And I would eat, if someone wouldn’t take my food.” Ah yes, slipping back to his role as the General of the Royal Army was pretty easy. He walked over to the young count, but instead of joining him, he pulled out his bag with medical supplies. It was his father’s and Thomas still kept it somewhere close to himself, whenever he went. “The weapons are safe, you don’t need to worry about that. We should check your head and other injuries. We need to be on our way soon.” Without waiting for confirmation he started checking on the bandages he put on the day before, making sure he didn’t miss anything. There was no concussion, judging from the count’s behaviour, and bruises should heal fairly quickly too. The work kept him occupied and kept the unwanted thoughts away, like how the young count would react, if Thomas licked the crumbs from the corner of his mouth away.

• 3 weeks later...

Cain raised an eyebrow at the weird, fake smile Thomas plastered on his face. He shook his head, taking a big bite of his food before commenting on said smile. “I meant a real smile. You know… Like when you’re happy or amused. That smile you’re giving me… Everyone gives me that smile. It’s so ugly. Either don’t do it or actually find some happiness.” Even Cain was considerate enough to understand that not everyone was as happy as he was. He had everything he wanted and then some. Sure, he was bored most of the time, but he was an optimist. He tended to look on the brighter side and do whatever he thought would be the most fun. Thomas… Well, Thomas didn’t seem to be that type.

Nevertheless there were more important things to deal with. Like the fact that Thomas so nonchalantly refused to return Cain’s weapons. Cain was taken aback for a moment. It wasn’t often he was outright refused something he wanted. In fact, that never happened. This further proved that Thomas wasn’t like the people Cain typically met. He was a special. Different. Someone Cain wanted to know better…

Unless he continued to hold his weapons. “No. Thomas, wait--just…” Compared to his weapons, Cain’s health was of little concern to him. While a mild appreciation rose in him as Thomas looked over his wounds, a growing aggravation also rose in him. “Just hold on!” Cain grabbed a hold of Thomas’ wrist to keep him from examining him further, though his grip was weak. He was still regaining his strength and it was all he could do to keep his shaking hand around Thomas’s healthy, strong arm. He stared into the general’s eyes; apparently Cain was capable of looking serious. There was no happy-go-lucky cheer in his voice, no teasing, no playfulness, none of the usual Cain-antics that were his staple.

“You don’t understand,” he said, his voice shaking slightly from annoyance or frustration, or possibly fear. His eyes were wide and crystal clear, though just as anxious as the rest of him. “I need those weapons, Thomas. They’re dangerous and powerful and so are the people who want them. Don’t be like this, please.” How often had Cain actually, genuinely asked someone for something to the point that he was nearly begging. The bedroom didn’t count….

“Just give them back to me. Give me back my weapons. Please. No one has to know. I just… I just need them back.”

• 2 weeks later...

“..or actually find some happiness.”

Those words were spoken as if it was that easy. It’s not that Thomas didn’t remember being happy, he was lucky that lord Graham found him after all. If he didn’t, only god knows where he would be now. And Hunter did make him laugh at times. But ever since his parents died, Thomas stayed behind this mask of false happiness, that he wasn’t sure anymore, how being genuinely happy actually felt. And it was annoying that the little brat made him think about that.

He didn’t finish checking all of the injuries, because a weak grip around his arms made him stop. Lord Cain looked serious for once and that intrigued the general. Obviously there was one thing in this world that the other actually valued and it was his weapons. Thomas really needed to see what was about them that made them so special.

With a sigh he stood up, picking his medical bag too and throwing it over his shoulder. It felt wrong having the young lord beg like this and Thomas suddenly lost all will to tease him. He himself knew far too well, how it felt to be helpless.

“They will be delivered to Lord Graham’s country estate and that’s where we are headed. Get ready. I’ll wait for you outside.” As he walked towards the door, he added, “Don’t take too long.” He must be mellowing out in his old age, that’s all. It’s not like it had anything to do with Lord Cain that he was prepared to return the weapons so quickly.

The carriage was already waiting for them outside and Thomas made sure everything is as it should be, while he waited for the young lord. He gave the directions to the coachman and checked to see if the horses are well rested, so they won’t have any trouble on their journey. Just a little more and he can go back to his life.

Lord Graham’s country estate… Why Lord Graham? Perhaps the weapons could make a detour to the the Fox estate instead. That would be ideal. Then there was no chance or risk of anyone getting a hold of Cain’s weapons. Not that Cain wasn’t concerned about the well-being of others. He did. But he mostly wanted his weapons back simply because they were his. He worked his ass off on each and every one of those things. They were like his pets. His children even. The last thing he was going to do was let someone walk off with them or worse… Destroy them.

“Goddamit!” Cain ran from the room, barely having done anything to truly prepare himself. A soldier took him to the same carriage Thomas was in. The young count jumped inside, a grin crossing his face as he stared at his companion. “Hey, Thomas… Why are the weapons being sent to Lord Graham’s? Is there a way you can get them sent to the Fox estate? If they’re sent there, then you can see my house too! I’ll take care of you while you stay there. I mean, I’m sure you have a lot to report back to your higher ups, but… Well you know.”

A soft, but surprised “oh!” came from Cain when the carriage began moving. It took him off guard, but his shock didn’t last long. He was right back to trying to convince Thomas of yet more demands. Then again, a part of him was slowly realizing that it was a bad idea to push Thomas too much. He seemed ready to give him back his weapons as it was… Perhaps Cain shouldn’t be too greedy.

Instead he busied himself with telling Thomas all about his weapons. “Most of them were made with alchemy. I studied it when I was little. I can fuse all kinds of parts together, and make them do the most incredible things!” Cain sounded like a child talking about his favorite game. To him, his weapons were nothing more than a hobby. Something to keep him entertained, but there was no denying he was proud of his work. “I’ve even been working on a weapon that can heal. It’s just a thing of myth right now, but something like that would be the pinnacle of my work! Isn’t it cool?”

Or maybe it wasn’t cool. Perhaps Thomas didn’t want to hear about Cain’s weapons. It was possible that some of his comrades were killed by those weapons. Cain had only thought of that after he went on his tangent about his little toys. “Uhh…” Feeling just a tinge awkward, Cain tried to change the topic, only to go right back to his favorite thing to chat about. “So... Is there anything special about you weapon? Anything... Unique?”

• 2 weeks later...

At least he didn’t need to wait long, before Lord Cain rushed out of the inn and into the carriage. As soon as he was seated, he started talking, or more accurate, making demands. It really shouldn’t surprise Parke anymore, but it did annoy him. He was seriously considering gagging his travel companion.

“Hunter trusted me to retrieve you and that’s what I’m doing, returning you back to him. And since he’s at the country estate right now, that’s where we’re going and that’s where the weapons are going.” With these words, the matter was closed for the general and he didn’t plan to say anything more about it. The young lord can transfer the weapons himself after that. Thomas has other things to attend to, like convincing the sadist doctor he’s all fit for work, although the offer about Cain “taking care of him” didn’t sound half bad. The thought of it made the general’s lips tug into a small smile.

They finally started moving and Thomas chuckled at the other’s cute reaction. Lord Cain sure was interesting to watch. The hope of a peaceful journey dispersed, when the young lord started talking again, although this time, the subject was at least interesting to the general. He relaxed in his seat and listened to Cain’s ramblings.

After a while, the other seemed to get a bit awkward, not getting any response from the general, so he started asking him questions.

“So... Is there anything special about you weapon? Anything... Unique?”

Thomas turned his head sideways, his eyebrows shooting up. “My..weapon?” He made sure the word came out suggestively, since he decided he can have a little fun to and teasing Lord Cain might be just that. “Well..you can say it’s really big..huge would probably be a better word to describe it.” He laughed, since he couldn’t help himself. It was a funny question for him. He continued more seriously. “You are aware that I have a lot of weapons on my ships right? And even now I’m armed with more than just one kind. But to answer your question, no, nothing unique about any of them. You could work some of your magic on them for me, you do owe me for saving you.” The general said that jokingly, not really needing any upgrade on the weapons he was carrying. The one on his ships though..destroying his enemies swiftly, without losses on his side would surely bring him a higher rank. But that would have to be approved by the higher-ups and Lord Cain was a black market dealer, so Thomas doubted he would agree to this.