• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crystald

• Key

• BlxxdyButterfly

• Ryuu_L

Haha it's been a while! 8") Glad to see these contests are still going on. 587 words.

Alice's Door

When Alice was ten, she fell down a rabbit hole. She had been a curious child, then. Her skirts went flying and the pretty silk bow that had been keeping her blonde hair neat was lost in the fall. When the maid and I pulled her out, she spoke to us of the funniest things: a white rabbit running late, a Cheshire cat that meant no good other than to cause chaos, an evil queen who wanted to chop her head off, and a race, a race...well, what kind of race, Alice?

"It was a very interesting race," Alice said, making a face. She had a very strange expression then under all the smudge of dirt left on her face, but her hand was in mine as she obediently trotted beside me. "They were just going round and round. Nobody knew what a finish line was."

I hummed and hawwed, in the way that an older sister should, and asked her if she thought they were still running now. Behind us, our maid Penelope had gathered up the tea supplies in the picnic basket. I knew she too was hiding a smile.

"Oh no!" Alice said very seriously, looking up at me. "I expect they're very tired by now. They've probably all fallen asleep!"

"As must you after dinner, my dear," I told her. I had Penelope draw her a bath upstairs when we arrived home, but poor little Alice! She looked somewhat miserable at the very thought.

"Must I right now?" she asked anxiously. I don't quite understand why she always liked being dirty, and I'd often given up on the amount of clean frocks and skirts to give her when she'd tromp outside in the yard on rainy days. But cleanliness was as cleanliness did, if that made any sense.

I hung up my jacket, and gave my bonnet to our good butler. "You must, Alice. Good little girls take stay clean."

"Well, I'm not much a little girl anymore," my little sister declared, kicking off her muddy shoes. "I've seen it all by now."

"Oh? Then what are you?"

"A little bit older." She rocked on her heels on the carpet. Her pretty new lace stockings, I noticed, had holes all over and were liable to rip at any moment. "Not so much wiser. Wisdom doesn't quite come with age, and it's neither fun nor sensible. And quite honestly, I'm not sure I want it!"

"Wisdom?" I asked, curious. "Or age?"

"Both!" Alice declared. " Down the rabbit hole they weren't being very fair. They'd make so many things up and went mad when I tried to reason with them! And the poor Knave of Hearts! He was on trial for stealing the tarts of the Queen of Hearts!"

She had quite a vivid imagination, for someone who had said she was a little bit older thirty seconds ago. "It sounds like quite a journey."

It is here, around this point of the memory, that I remember Alice looking very disappointed.

"You don't believe me," she said, and looked at her toes, just as Penelope called from upstairs to say that the bath was ready.

"Of course I believe you," I said. But I was her older sister, and while mother and father were still away on their trip, I was responsible for making sure Alice did not trek the house mucky and dirty. "Now go take your bath."

I don't quite understand it either. She never shared anything with me again after that.

I don't know how I feel about this story... more self discovery than anything else.

Word Count: 591

Wanderland

Gazing into the looking glass, I could see my own faults and ugliness. I had always felt the heated gazes and spit balls as I walked down the halls at school or the looks of disgust as I made my way through town. I was a boy who admitted that he loved another boy in a small town. My only escape was music, my mind, and a path that lead to an abandoned construction site.

Taking out my phone, I listened to my playlist outloud, sure nobody was around to listen. Next, I grabbed my ragged notebook from my bag. On days I was here, I would jot words that became lyrics that I then turned into songs. It was fun but I didn't need others to magnify my insecurities and judge my work, for I cruelly do that myself.

In the midst of my thoughts and the music, I was completely lost in my own world until I heard a rustling sound. It startled me to the point of fear. Afraid that the homophobic drug users were out and about, I shoved my notebook back into my bag and picked my phone, turning off the music. A figure was hidden behind a beam only a couple yards away, not moving since I looked in that direction.

“Hello?” I don't know what came over me but I approached whoever it was. As I got closer, the figure ran into the forest so I followed. However, the further in I went, the scenery changed and I lost the boy.

I stumbled upon a man smoking and wanted nothing more to do with him as I did with fellow students at school. To my surprise, I heard him speak to me first as I turned to leave.

“What are you doing here?”

“I was following someone but I seem to have lost him.”

“Do you know who it was or what he wanted?”

“No, I don’t”

“Then why are you following him? You don’t know him nor his intentions”

As I began to speak I realized that he was right. I didnt know him and I had no reason to follow him. I was even out there to be alone but I didn't run away. At first I was baffled as to what to say but seeing as I was speechless, the man spoke again.

“Is it curiosity? Do you like him? Or did you want to talk to him?”

I was once again stumped. What did I want? Since I came out, I was alone and everyone avoided me and he approached me. Although I don’t know why I followed him, all I know is that I want to meet him.

“That… I want to meet him.”

“Got it…” The man smirked and as I waited for more words, a puff of smoke hit me in the face, enveloping me. The smoke invaded my lungs and I felt lightheaded. When the smoke cleared, I saw the boy again approach me. Who are you? Why did you approach me? Questions filled my mind but words don't come out.

“That’s enough for today. Let’s get you back.”

Back? Where? Oh, to the construction site he means…

“Where? Well, you’re in wanderland, a place you come to often but never remember. We have to get you back to reality” As he said that, my vision blurred and I could feel my consciousness fading.

The same curiosity you had to meet me, use that to meet other people. They are not as scary as they appear.

Its been about 2 months since I have posted. Wow, it feels great to be back.

• 2 weeks later...

ON THE OTHER SIDE

Adam gaze through the window and saw his father get in the car that would take him to the airport. The trip was going to last 3 months and in all that time he would have to live with his great aunt Anabella down in the countryside. That sucked, because the weather this time of year was dreadful over there, rainstorm and drizzle every day practically around the clock, and the town consisted mostly of old people, well older than him by a long shot. It was a community that catered to the elderly, and the few people that were closer to his age were prohibited from establishing any sort of relationship with the residents or their relatives.

Deciding that there was nothing else he could do to change his fate he move from the windowsill and went to finish packing. The town car would arrive shortly and he needed to finalize closing the house and getting ready. How he wish he could have an adventure, experience a summer love, share his first kiss and maybe more, but down at his auntie’s that seemed rather impossible.

30 minutes later the town car arrived and he got on it. On the way he drank the bottle of water that was provided to him in the back of the car, several minutes later he started to feel a little dizzy. There was something wrong. He tried to take down the tinted partition to the driver side but it would not budge. Of course it didn’t, the driver was in on it obviously. He started to panic and hyperventilate when everything went blurry… he was losing consciousness.

He came to in some sort of warehouse with a few windows in the upper levels and dust flying in the air. He notice that the dust did not settle, an odd thing to be thinking at a moment like this. After an hour or so a couple of what seem to be guards came in not bothering covering their faces, which worried him immensely. They took him down a deserted country road and went through a tunnel at the base of a mountain, on the other side of it the scenery changed drastically.

There were groups of people all around, tending the gardens, doing repairs, painting the three story house an odd yellowish color, forming a pink brick road that led from the front of the house to the middle of the garden; they were even giving the finishing touches to a large gazebo at the north side of the property. The guards led him to the gazebo, by the time they got there, everyone else had vanished and there were only them. They sat him at a table ready for tea, it had all his favorites, which was freaky.

He was beginning to fathom the identity of the mastermind behind the whole incident. He just hope he was wrong. The minutes passed slowly, after a while he heard an engine coming from the tunnel. There he came the author of his abduction, his father's insidious partner. He had been avoiding him like the plague since he bailed his father out of bankruptcy. He had a way of looking at him that made him incredibly uncomfortable. He had mentioned this to his father on numerous occasions but his dad seem oblivious to all this, he only saw his childhood friend saving him and his company from certain ruin. Adam waited patiently until they were face to face, there was nothing he could do, and then he hear his voice.

- Hello Adam, welcome to our little getaway…

2qx6qdu.gif2qx6qdu.gif

|| END OF ៙BL Alice in Wonderland~Writer Contest~៙ ||

[YaoiOtaku Writer Contest]

Thank you all for taking part in our Writer Contest!

The choice has been really hard since all of you are skilled and talented. So, this month's winners are

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
@

The winner gets as follows:

- 5,000 points

- 1 Manga Cover card (please state which card you'd prefer)

Everyone participating gets 2000 points

2qx6qdu.gif2qx6qdu.gif

This month went by so fast... Kinda sad but not really at the same time.

Congrats to

and
as well!!

:leaf12:

Takumi-kun Manga Card, Please~!

Hi

!!!

This was so much fun!

Congrats to

!
!

cheering_minions.gif

I would like to request Yuuutsu na Asa

[MC]%20Yuuutsu%20na%20Asa.gif

Thank you and have an amazing week!

onion1

Thank you

!!!

For my lovely manga card, I love it!!!

DS4dEhH.gif