Your favourite dessert

sarah3161

I love a plain New York styled cheese cake with perhaps blueberry sauce. But I absolutely love icecream and can't have but several spoonfuls since I am lactose intolerant....it's torture for me...lol

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sarah3161

• K

• JenovaVII

• sniegas

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like very sweet things so I prefer fruit based desserts my fav are the fruit crêps, I did these ones for my bthday. I also like tiramisú or cheese & chocolate cake.

2d8gtjr.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Wow, this thread made me ridiculously crave-y lol, everything looks pretty amazing. Have to agree with the people posting cheesecakes though - nothing can be better!

• Like 1

Looks great!;)

And I have another desert that I like very much: it's some special dish that is prepared for the Christmas Eve (because this is a big festival for roman catholics and for pagans (our people were the last pagans in Europe, baptized only at the end of 15 century) in our country: it's cooked wheat mixed with honey (you could put some grinded poppy seeds too). It's a ritual dish for the souls of the deads of your family (something like the sacrifice:)

But it tastes good;)

virti-kvieciai-su-aguonpieniu-2337.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

mochi-rice-cake.jpg

Mochi: Japanese Rice Cake.

Mochi is a traditional Japanese snack made of soft and extremely sticky glutinous rice paste. The Rice Cakes are crafted by soaking short grain sweet rice overnight, cooking it, and then pounding the rice into a paste. The Mochi paste is then formed into a variety of different shapes ranging from round balls to highly decorative pastries for celebrations. Mochi Rice Cake is often filled with sweet contents such as azuki red bean paste, ice cream, or even whole strawberries. Mochi can also be found in soups like Zoni which are eaten in celebration of the Japanese New Year. :3 Enjoy!

2010_04_02-Dango.jpg

Dango: Rice Flour Shaped Balls.

Dango are sort of like mochi; they are made with rice flour and shaped in balls, and then impaled on a skewer. There are usually three to four dango on a skewer. Usually the dango are coated with a syrup made from soy sauce, sugar, and mirin and then grilled before eaten.

There are variations on dango flavorings. Sometimes matcha (powdered green tea) is added, and in the norther island of Hokkaido, potato flour is used instead of rice flour. Sometimes they are coated or filled with red bean paste.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

だんご大家族!

I love mochi! They're probably one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten!

The ones with the cream inside them are amazing; my favorite is cream chocolate followed by red bean...

:Red_fox11: