My Neck is yours (WolfDog x Shisu-Chan)

WolfDog12

The alpha’s chest rose and fell as he slept soundly against his sheets. It wasn’t until he heard the other speak that his eyes fluttered open and he let out a gentle groan. He rolled onto his side covering his eyes from the light that shown into the room.

“Stop screaming it’s too early.” He said with a grumble as he finally sat up in bed. “You’re fine, I’m your boss remember? You can be late and no one will say anything.”

The alpha watched his omega traveling the room searching for clothing. The scene was amusing and he let a soft smirk travel to his lips as he watched the small male aggravated by the entire ordeal.

“I didn’t take you home last night because one, you were asleep and neither I nor Ash could remember your address after all that. And Two, you were drugged out of your mind and I was worried about you. Not like I was going to just drop you off at your house and hope you were okay the next morning.” He felt a little hurt by the comment and even more hurt by him being accused of what happened.

Though it took only a few moments for his groggy mind to understand what the small omega was talking about. He moved over to the side of the bed and lowered his lips to be next to Jun’s.

“Are you excited so early in the morning? Would you like to be really late for work?” he asked into the other's ear as he let his tongue slide out and lick his ear lobe.

This only caused a small chuckle to leave him as he slid off the bed. His body was out there for the world to see. The alpha had no reason to hide his body especially in front of his mate. He radiated confidence and he wanted those around him to know this.

He crossed the room and quickly opened a drawer and pulled out a pair of boxers. He quickly put them on and resumed getting dressed. His eyes kept making their way back to the omega on the ground. He looked so sad sitting there in a heap of mess as he was. He needed his medicine and the alpha knew it or the two of them were going to have a repeat of yesterdays encounter.

“I will get you to work on time okay? Don’t cry.” He said and walked back to him helping him up off the floor. “Come on, you need your meds or we are going to be later than we are now. I put them downstairs so come with me.” He said gently and took his hand helping him out the room.

The Omega didn’t know his way around the large home and would most likely become lost if left unattended. The alpha helped him to the kitchen and gave him the small amount of clothing from the day before. “We washed your clothes so put them on quickly and take your meds.” He poured them both a to go glass of coffee to give the other plenty of time to put on his clothes and take the medicine waiting for him on the counter.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WolfDog12

• Shisu-Chan00

"Boss or not do you not remember what happened yesterday? If I'm late and going in with you they'll think I'd fully claimed you and will hate me... I just got back to Japan... I want to leave a good impression," He pressed. This matter was clearly important to him.

Jun suddenly stopped his frantic behavior when the other mentioned just how bad off Jun was last night... Heck, he was so out of it the night before that he couldn't remember a thing that happened. All he could remember was going to the doctors... After that was a complete blank until he woke this morning. His shoulders dropped, losing their tension. "I'm sorry I just hate being off by even a minute... I guess it's a habit I gained the past couple years. Not much help here where the time is a lot more relaxed. Even if someone is 15 minutes late here, it's brushed off and expected they work harder to make up for it... In the states 5 minutes is at least a scolding but 15? Heck, that's some punishment..." Jun explained.

It was hard for him to suddenly change his habits but it was all he was use to. He'd developed the habit before even getting into the work force so it ended up carrying over ten fold. He just couldn't brush things aside... old habits die hard. "I'm sorry... I'm going again... aren't I?" Jun had to take a moment to breathe before he composed himself. Knowing that his clothes were brought in and that they were clean was a definite plus and it certainly helped him out of his soon to follow mental break down.

The omega struggled to the kitchen where he got the medicine he needed and it helped him calm his erection and he was able to get dressed. Jun got dressed a bit slowly considering the state he was in a few minutes ago but it was quick to see, despite his best efforts to move, his body was sluggish and difficult to move. This was one of the back lashes of the medicine.. He'd probably have to deal with this every day and even carry fast acting suppressants to deal with anything else that might arise.

Jun took the time he was trying to calm down, as they headed towards the kitchen by looking around and admiring the building. Alphas lived such different lives... Though, Jun had known this for years seeing as he had been friends with Hokuto since they were young. When he was finally able to calm down and dress, he felt a little more comfortable with getting to work a little late. After all, his boss was bringing him in so it was almost like having a meeting in the morning so he was actually working.... Ya, that would never pass.

"Alright, I'm ready to go to work now," he said taking a few more breaths.

The idea of his omega seemingly out of it because of his medicine angered Hokuto. His eyes roamed over his lovers seemingly trying to understand and realize that he was okay. He didn't enjoy seeing him so messed up and he figured the faster they could get that collar off of him the better. The idea brought about a question, "Can...we go get that removed?" he asked motioning to his own neck as he held a cup of coffee watching the other quickly take his meds and get ready for his day. It was sad seeing him so out of it but he knew that he was the reason he had to take them in the first place. This didn't make the alpha feel any better and he almost wanted him out of his life so he didn't have to deal with the consequences of being close to his mate.

He grabbed his keys and his phone before nodding. "Alright lets go, Ash isn't coming with us this morning..." he trailed off looking into his coffee cup before setting it down and smiling. He didn't want to give off that something might indeed be wrong between himself and the red head. He ran an arm around Jun, "Don't worry...I'll tell them I took you for breakfast this morning to welcome you to the company. I doubt anyone will even realize the connection. Other than...possibly the people who came up. You were a little loud but I'm sure not many made the connection. You'll be okay. I am the boss of all of them so if anyone harasses you for it just let me know." he kissed his cheek before letting him go and opening the door for Jun.

He then guided the other male to the car and opened the door for him. He closed it afterwards and got in himself and turned the car on. "Trust me you're fine." he tried to ease the discomfort of his omega feeling an itch in the back of his neck from the uneasyness. He got them to work in under twenty minutes compared to the normal thirty it took from his estate. As he pulled into the garage and parked the car in his designated parking spot he peered over to the omega. "Are you sure you're okay...? I hate seeing you so...out of it from the meds. I can transfer you to the other Japan branch if we need to..." he looked down feeling almost horrible for offering the idea but he didn't want to be a burden to Jun. Seeing as he was the reason he went to the hospital, freaked out, and got new pills all in the same day.

Jun had just finished straightening out his tie and finishing up when he heard the alpha speak up about the collar again. He watched him gesture towards his own neck to show what he was talking about and Jun thought for a minute about what he was asking. "Uh.... I can go this weekend to my brother's house. He lives a bit of a ride away, I'll have to take two trains and a bus but I can get the key and have it off by the start of next week," Jun explained. The omega also wanted it off but was beginning to have.... strange thoughts... Did Hokuto even actually want him here? After all, it had been so long and he wasn't all that happy to even see the omega. Sure he helped and took care of him but was that really because they were fated mates or because they did something they shouldn't have and he decided to take responsibility for it?

"He's not? Did something happen? Yesterday it sounded like he would be there for you no matter what..." Jun realized he was prying and visibly shook his head. "Never mind, forget I asked." Though, it still weighed on his mind. It just felt odd to him and he had no idea why. At the excuse given as to why they'd be late, and together, Jun took a deep breath and everything seemed to relax. He was genuinely happy to hear that but then, there was still the matter that at the exact moment he went to see the boss, an omega's heat, stronger than any other so far strikes the building, emanating from the boss's office. "Thank you," Jun said trying to just let it all go. It was better if he didn't over stress. He'd take it as it came.

The omega fought against the pains of the medicine and got himself up and out the door. The two walked to the car and Hokuto was a gentleman and opened the door for what Jun thought, his future wife. Though, he wasn't completely sure, he hoped that that was still the case. Jun had avoided even dating another with the one thought that he would return to Japan and wed Hokuto... But with family pressures... there was a chance that the alpha might rethink things and choose to marry a female alpha of much higher standing and leave Jun to find another himself or to spend his life alone.

The ride to the office was quiet as the two didn't really talk at all. However, when they did get to work, Hokuto dropped a rather harsh bomb on the omega. "I can deal with being a little out of it... It won't affect my work. However, if as the boss you feel this will hinder me, or you in any way, please make that call yourself." Jun kept his head down and let his bangs hide his face before he got out of the car and quickly walked to the doors of work without even taking a backwards glance. He remained professional... the best he could but at the sound of being sent away and not being able to be in Hokuto's life again... it was just too painful for Jun. All his life he dreamed of them and it was shattering so fast in front of him.

As the words quickly left his lips he felt an instant sting of regret. He let out a loud sigh only to slide out of the car and lock it behind him. He quickly followed the Omega grabbing his writst before he could get too far. "Listen thats not what I meant. I just know that this is hard for you...fighting it off. Medicine can only do so much but if you're close to me," He sighed looking away. "I'm not just a strong alpha Jun I'm your alpha. This is something neither your or I can fight. I just want to make sure you're comfortable in your working place rather than worrying about breaking into a heat around me.." he peered over at him. "it wont be so bad if you get that off and we can make this...official but until then I want you comfortable so you're not worried about what everyone is thinking."

He sighed gently peering down the hallway seeing workers moving around heading up to the elevator with coffee. He let go of Jun and sighed once more his eyes looking over to his own. "I honestly don't give a shit what anyone here thinks. But I know you want a fresh start with this job...I don't want to ruin it for you." Hokuto leaned forward and gently pecked his cheek as an apology. "Just think about it...I'll take you out for lunch today if you like? Then maybe...we can talk about it?" he smiled a little and walked down the hall some. "Come on, we are already late enough. I don't want to give a bad impression for your department after all." He smiled over at him waiting for Jun to get into the elevator with him.

"Look, I'll at least say this much," Jun lowered his voice so that only the boss could hear, and barely at that. "I didn't come back to Japan with this job for a new start. I've been trying to return to Japan for years now and this was the job that allowed me to do so. I came back to find you... Though, now that I found you, you were right. I shouldn't have come back and I should probably be transferred. I'll tell you more after work. Please don't bother with lunch, other wise people might think you're showing favoritism," the omega did look a little worried about what people might say. He didn't want there to be any weird miss understandings.

"I promise we can talk after work," he said before being let go and walking to join the boss in the elevator. He stood there quietly clearly not wishing to speak any more about this while they were at work but as they rose in levels, Jun composed himself and held himself tall once again. He was displaying that same confidence as yesterday, fighting through the medication as much as he could. When he did get to his floor, the omega bowed to his boss and left the elevator heading to his desk. Several people looked over and leaned in to whisper to one another. It seemed the rumor of Jun being an omega sent to seduce the boss really was spreading rather quickly. No one wanted to make eye contact, in fact, all those friendly people from yesterday began to avoid him making it difficult to get what he needed.

The omega did finally find his desk and found a pile of documents that needed reviewing and translating so it seemed he'd have something to focus on all day. That was good. Jun set himself up and sat down getting right into his work taking his time, relooking and double checking again and again. He was already having focus issues with the strong medicine, so the last thing he needed to do was make a bunch of careless mistakes.

Hokuto felt a drop in his stomach as he listened to what the other had to say. It was like everything was being misunderstood. He opened his mouth to say something only to be shut down once more by Jun. They rode up the elevator in silence and he nodded a head as he left. Of course Jun was pissed off with him though Hokuto didn't think he made it sound like he didn't want him around. It was the opposite, he just didn't want Jun inconvienienced by the medicine. It brought a happiness inside of him to know that Jun came back for him but that instant regret of having offered a transfer slid in when the other mentioned the mistake of coming back.

As he rode the elevator up to his own floor he smiled and nodded to a business associate. "I need those papers from yesterdays meeting." he said patting the desk of his secretary to let him know he was there. "Don't take forever please? I need to go over them for the meeting this afternoon." He was stopped by his secretaries wondering eyes.

"What?" He asked bluntly leaning against the desk as if his morning was already boring enough.

The secretary looked away biting his lip, "Sir...I..." he paused before looking up at Hokuto, "I heard that you...had sexual relations with an omega here at the office. I just want to know if its true or not." The secretary was a good man, handsome too, but he was a stickler for hierarchial relationships staying in their designated teir. Just like most people he believed that alphas should be with another alpha or beta, and omegas should only mess with other omegas. Hokuto never had this mind set, obviously, and he had always planned on being with Jun in the long run if they ever met up again. He tried being with someone else but it didn't work, therefore ash was home crying.

"Yea. I did. Do you have a problem with it? I think its something special when you meet your fated other don't you? So I'm sorry for any inconvieniences but if you or anyone else have a problem with it they can come to me directly and I'll see to it that you no longer have any issues with it." He smiled a movie star smile and winked at the secretary. "Again, I need those papers. Get them to me before noon. Run them through the new translator if you will." he nodded and left heading back to his own office. The building was bustling and busy today so he really didn't have time for a lunch date anyway although he would have loved to go out with him. Jun, seemed less excited, and that hurt his heart. He wanted to talk to him this evening at the end of work if he could. He had to tell him that he wanted him, that he didn't want him to leave.

Jun continued to focus on his work and managed to get through a fairly good chunk when another pile was dropped on his desk causing the omega to jump a little and look up at the other standing there. It was the secretary Jun had seen the day before... Uh oh... The cold glare that came from the other sent all sort of shivers up and down Jun's spine. Thankfully though, despite probably wanting to say something nasty, he didn't and the secretary walked away. He of course knew it was Jun that was the omega the day before but maybe Hokuto said something that he wasn't ready to confront. Either way, it was comforting. Of course, Jun looked at the new pile and hearing that it had to be looked over and returned by noon was a bit worrisome.

Pulling the pile to the front, and removing the sticky note from the top with the deadline written on it, Jun got started right away. Thankfully, this was already translated for the most part so he just had to fill in the gaps between the two languages and He managed to put it all together within a couple hours. It was now only 11 so he had enough time to get them back up stairs and be able to get back to continue his work before lunch. Still, he might just have to work through lunch. People knew his secret and they were really piling a lot of work on.... It made little sense.

Scooping the pile of paperwork into his hands, Jun got up and headed for the elevator. He also knew he had to make a phone call later, before they left work to talk with his boss that transferred him back to Japan. Jun let the things he had to do completely take over his mind focusing completely on work as the elevator reached the top and he strode over to the secretary, placed the papers on his desk with a bow, and walked straight back. Jun could only have a couple things on his mind at once so he had to put all his energy into focusing on his work and not worrying about the fact that he was so close to Hokuto and not even seeing him. Not that it was that big of a deal, they were at work and both had a lot going on after yesterday's fiasco.

Jun silently returned to his desk and continued his work going online and sending some emails back to the states and so on. He had a lot to do to even establish the connection, let alone the work he'd have to maintain after he did.

The day for Hokuto was full of luncheon meetings and afternoon conferences. If he wasn't out of his office in a meeting he was usually on the phone talking business with someone from the states about their buiseness connections. It wasn't until noon that he actually left his office, grabbed the paperwork he needed, and headed to a lunch meeting with another firm not to far from their own. They were rivals and he had to talk down the other official in hopes he would leave him be and get out of Japan's main hub.

After this meeting he came back to work and the day seemed to go quickly. Soon enough he was looking at his watch and packing up his things. He took an elevator down to Jun's floor and walked to his desk. The kid was so enthralled with work that he hadn't noticed his boss standing at his desk. "Hey....you know its quitting time right? Lets go home..." he said softly so no one else could hear him. He needed to have a conversation with his omega and seeing as Jun was thinking things that weren't true. "Take it home if you have to but we don't do overtime. So grab it and let me take you to dinner." he smiled a boyish smile and tilted his head. "Please? I missed you today. You've been swamped since you got into the office. You're even busier than me right now and thats rare." He chuckled.

Almost everyone in the office had already left for home. So when he spoke there were only two other members of Jun's floor mulling about. But since it was their boss and they had heard what he had said to his secretary none even looked their way. They didn't want to have to bother with the consequences of mistreating the Alphas, omega.

"My apologies, Sir, but please head down the elevator first. I just wish to finish this one page so I can be at the optimal stopping point. I will meet you at the door in just a couple minutes if that is alright with you," he said. The omega didn't look up from his paper till the end when he looked up towards the alpha. Just making eye contact made it harder to breathe. Thankfully though, the medicine still ran its course and Jun's pheromones remained oppressed.

The omega was half way through the page he was translating and wanted to make sure it was finished, looked over and saved so he wouldn't risk losing time trying to reconfigure where he was, where he left off, or losing half a page of translations. He just needed another 5 to 10 minutes to have it all finished up. His eyes begged for the extra few minutes he could get to have it done. Packing it up now to bring home would leave all the same problems as just leaving it here, if not worse because he'd just be losing sleep trying to get it all done.

Thankfully, Jun was able to push for those last few minutes and had the whole thing finished and checked within 7 minutes. Then he just packed things away, and left his desk looking neat and tidy before he grabbed his things and headed down the elevator towards the door. "Sorry, I really don't like stopping mid way and would rather stay where I am until it's finished. I guess that's something that never changed even when I was a kid," he said. It was true that even when he was in elementary school and the fire alarm went off, Hokuto and the teachers basically had to drag him away from what he was doing to follow the drill.

"Was there anywhere specific that you wanted to go to for dinner?" Jun asked. He seemed to accept that they'd be having dinner together and he didn't sound bitter at all about it. In fact, he almost sounded happy. The omega was able to see just how much he may have over reacted but still didn't know if what Hokuto said was what he meant so Jun was going to have him explain himself and then decide after if he should still be mad and move away or not. After all, Jun was flopping between what he wanted and what was best for Hokuto, maybe he was doing the same and rather than internalizing those thoughts the way the omega did, maybe he was just thinking them out loud trying to get some kind of reaction.

Hearing the others words Hokuto nodded and smiled, "Alright, not like I have anything else to do at the moment. I'll wait for you." he said feeling his chest tighten as Jun looked up to him with those eyes he loved so much. He found his way to the elevator hearing his name being called by another worker. It was his secretary and he smiled brightly saying hello in return. "What can I do for you?" He asked him before leaning against the elevator.

"Sir, I just wanted to apologize for my actions this morning. Your personal life is your own and I have no right to infringe upon it." He said with a soft sigh pushing the elevator button for down.

"Its fine. Just keep your opinions about my sex life to yourself next time. If I find out it was you who spread the rumor I'll fire you." Hokuto smiled brightly, the best friendly smile he could pull and pushed the other into the elevator. "See you tomorrow!" he waved hearing the door close. He pressed the down button hearing Jun coming up behind him, "Nope! I was going to let you pick seeing as its been so long since you've had japanese food." He smiled getting into he elevator and holding the door open for Jun. He was happy he was getting another chance seeing as everything that morning had ended so horribly.

"You're right about that. America has some Japanese places but it's hard to find an authentic one that's anywhere as good as back here," he said smiling slightly. "However, I don't really know the area too well. Just because I'm back in the country doesn't mean I've really lived around here, not to mention it's been so long and everything has changed so much. I'd actually like it if you picked that way I can get a good recommendation for what's in the area," he said. Jun was using that same confident voice he had when they met again as now and it was only showing off more of the changes that came with moving.

The omega locked his fingers together and stretched his arms over his head, stretching out his back a little. He was pretty comfortable around Hokuto despite him being his boss. There still seemed to be that feeling of familiarity that came with them being childhood friends and fated pairs so even stretching was something that Jun could do freely without having to jump to attention at the sight of his boss.

"So? What's the best place around here to get good Japanese food?" Jun didn't bother bringing up that he had lots of home made Japanese food growing up in America since his mom would make plenty but at the same time, he really hadn't had any since he moved out of that home. He really did need to get to cooking more if he was ever to be a good wife and mother to his kids... Wife... to who though? Jun glanced to the side and sized up Hokuto again trying to wonder if he was best suited to be a husband... He may be a fated pair but what if he wasn't the right alpha for the job? Jun would have to look past the fact that they were friends, step back and look at things more objectively.

Hokuto laughed softly and turned to Jun seeing the other looking him over seemingly in a different light. He shifted lightly and turned to him, "Ah, well I was thinking maybe a ramen bar. Doesn't get much more authentic. Or possibly..." he paused and brightened, "I know just the place come on." he said and grabbed his hand guiding him to his car as the elevator dinged.

"So...can we talk about us or are we waiting till we get to the restaurant?" he asked as he unlocked the car opening the door for Jun and letting him get into the black BMW. He then walked around and got in as well turning the key in the egnition sighing as the engine roared to life. He then pushed the car into gear and drove out of his parking spot and out of the garage. He was heading to one of his favorite places where it let its customers choose and even cook their own food. He wanted to talk with Jun about the matters that were pressing not just to him but to Jun as well. He wanted to talk about their future, from this morning it seemed that Jun didn't even want to stay here. Didn't want to become Hokuto's wife and sure as hell didn't want to foster his children. This was all strange to him, he thought that Jun was more than happy to be around him, to be with him, wanted to be with him even but this issue with the collar was the reason why they were...in this mess right? He wanted to drive to his brothers apartment and have him take the collar off his omega right at this moment so he could mark him for his own. He wanted to be selfish, he wanted to be possessive was that so bad?

• 2 weeks later...

As the alpha laughed, clearly noticing that Jun was staring, the omega quickly looked away and tried to focus on the door ahead of them. He really didn't want Hokuto to notice but now it seemed to be too late. Oh well. Jun perked up though as the other spoke up and soon grabbed his hand, pulling him out of the elevator as soon as it opened. "Wait, don't just pull my arm..." Jun really wasn't angry or doing anything to really try and stop Hokuto but he was keeping his eyes focused on around them hoping that no one would see them. As confident as he was, this was weird to suddenly be treated like this by the boss... It just wasn't professional.

"Of course, we should talk about us, that's the point of this dinner was it not?" He asked. "We don't have to wait," he added quickly. "Though... I don't know where to start... Shouldn't you marry another alpha?" He said. Jun wasn't loud but he could be heard clearly as he spoke. He knew the pressure alpha's had to uphold status and only wed other alphas... However, to marry an omega, the lowest of the social status, it just wasn't approved of. Sure, they were fated pairs but that didn't make it so that society would think any different. Sure in this case it's good for the omega, having a mate, a bond that actually cared for them but for alphas..... it may as well be a blemish on their social standing... Though, there are cases that it raises their standing if they have many omega mistresses. The world was always twisted.

As they entered the restaurant, Jun realized right away what kind of place it was. It was easy to see his eyes light up and his spirit was instantly lifted. It had been so long since he'd been to this kind of place. They didn't have any where he lived in the states and was more than excited to eat here. "This was a fantastic idea," he complimented, looking around like an excited child.

Hokuto of course didn't give a damn if anyone saw them together. When they were younger he used to always get nasty looks because he walked around with an omega on his side but he didn't care. Jun was always the one that cared about the alphas image, leaving it to him to worry about Hokuto's standings and his social light. The alpha of course was too excited to see his old mate that he didn't give a shit who saw them holding hands or what not. The question asked in the elevator burned out some of his happiness and giddyness but he felt a soft sigh leave his lips as they drove. He would have to answer Jun and he would have to do it in a way that he couldn't mess up.

As they entered the restaurant the tension in his shoulders seemed to grow. As they were taken to their seat a line had formed over his lips and he couldn't help but worry about how Jun was going to take what he was going to say. He waited patiently for the waitress to leave before he looked over to Jun. "Listen...I don't want to marry another alpha." He started slowly leaning closer some. "I've been in love with you since we were kids. I had plans to marry you since I found out my feelings and I've wanted to make a family with you since god knows how long." He ran a hand through his hair and shook his head, "You don't have to marry me if you don't want to Jun but I'm in love with you and I can't change that. I don't care how it looks or what it does to me socially long as I'm with you. I figured how we were in the office would show you that I honestly don't give a damn who knows that my lover is an omega. Your status doesn't define you...you're everything I want and more." he reached over grabbing Jun's hand in his own and he sighed lightly, "I want to get that collar off...take you to a chapel...get married...then carry you over the threshold into our new home and make you mine in ways I've only dreamed about. Its not even about the sex...its everything that comes with you. I don't want to lose you and I'm sorry for being an asshole sometimes but I can't help but get my emotions and my thoughts mixed up." Hokuto looked down, "The point is...I don't care if you're an omega or an alpha as long as its you I'll be happy."

Jun was always fully aware of his standing as an omega and hated to inconvenience someone... Especially Hokuto. When they were younger, Jun was always a step or two behind the alpha, keeping his head down and just trying to keep up. Now, he could walk beside an alpha still feeling confident but after what happened in Hokuto's office just one day before, his confidence wasn't quite as high. Still, he kept his focus and walked beside his boss as another human being. Not as alpha or omega but just as a normal person. He understood when Hokuto remained quiet about his question but at the same time, Jun would learn the secrets and they'd talk it through... somehow.

After arriving at the restaurant, Jun's childish excitement melted away rather quickly with just one look on his fated mate's face. It was time for them to have a serious talk about their future... Whether that future was together or not was going to depend on this one conversation. Whatever Hokuto said right now was going to shape their lives forever. If he said he didn't want to be with Jun, the omega would transfer to another branch and translate from there. Should Hokuto say he was going to take Jun as his wife, he'd stay and finally be able to live the life he always hoped for. Though, it wasn't looking too good.

Thankfully, Hokuto started off just the way that Jun wanted; Saying he wouldn't marry another alpha and that he had been in love with Jun since they were kids. The omega sat there quietly listening to Hokuto speak and explain just a few things about what happened during the years they were apart. Jun finally reached out his hand and placed it on the other's trying to calm him down and get his attention. "Hey, relax ok? I understand your feelings and I agree. Actually, I feel that way about you. However, now hear me out, I can't just remove the collar and have you sweep me away in your fantasy. You have to propose properly. Now, I suggest we wait at least long enough for me to settle into my new job but just know, whenever, however you propose to me, I will be there to say, 'Yes'," The omega smiled and had no intention of leaving or not marrying Hokuto.

Hokuto let out a gentle chuckle and he turned his hand in lightly taking Jun's in his own. "I wasn't planning to sweep you off your feet just by the collar...I just think if you took it off now then it would make a proposal more...possible? I've had a proposal planned out since I was 16 Jun do you really think I was just planning to marry you without even asking?" he asked softly and squeezed his hand gently. He knew that this was all only the beginning, nothing would be solved just by taking off that collar but it was a beginning. He looked away a moment before letting his eyes slide back to Jun, "I love you. I always have. I'll propose to you the right way I promise..." He leaned forward lightly running a thumb over Jun's cheek. "Are you still upset with me? I can't handle it when you're pissed off with me...I wont bother you during work if you don't want me to and I'll let you get situated but be ready to say yes when I come to you." He smiled brightly.

This of course was only just a start. It all depended on Jun and how he wanted to go about this. Hokuto was more than willing to wait for Jun, he had been waiting for him for awhile now anyway. It was no shock either, he really loved this omega and he was always wanting to be with him. The dinner didn't even matter, their conversation was what was really important. Hokuto held his breath while he waited for an answer from Jun. If he was still pissed off and stuff about earlier than Hokuto would try and give him space and if he wasn't then they would enjoy dinner as if nothing had ever happened. Maybe even spend a little longer with one another. Hokuto could feel an itch inside of him when he was around Jun and it was only growing the more and more they spent time together. He wanted him all the time and this was why he wanted to make him his already. So the pain of not having him would go away.

"Of course not, because, no matter what others said, or how much you acted, I knew that you were always a softy. You were a romantic and I knew that from those letters you wrote to me in class, back in middle school. Even though you refused to admit to them, I actually kept them all," he said with a smile on his face. The omega seemed to have completely lightened up and he felt pretty good about their life now that he knew they'd be together. Once Jun was marked, and they agreed to it, there was no doubt that anyone that wanted to go against them wouldn't be able to. Even Hokuto's parents would have to submit and face the facts. After all, if it came out that Hokuto marked an omega because they suddenly went into heat and didn't take responsibility, then that would no doubt bring farther shame than admitting that Hokuto found his fated pair and chose this life. There would still be conflict with older generations but he seemed ready to take those on.

"Look, I'm not mad anymore... I did sort of overreact I admit it. However, until the weekend, after I get the collar off and I've gotten a bit farther in that pile of paperwork, could you please give me a little space at work? I rather not use the heavier suppressants but if you are around I'll go right back into heat. This is just for the sake of work. I don't mind if we get along outside of work," he said just trying to establish a few rules so that Jun could get his work done and done properly.

"Now," Jun said trying to change things to a different, more... upbeat topic that was a bit lighter than their life plans. "Let's eat. I'm starving. I honestly don't even remember having lunch with everything that happened today." The omega smiled, gave Hokuto's hand a squeeze and then let go so they could enjoy the food.

Hokuto felt his heart fall and he nodded weakly, "Yea...I understand. I'll leave you alone less I need to converse with you. Being your boss, we will have meetings together..." He spoke softly pulling his hands away from Jun and picking up the menu roaming his eyes over it. "Just so you know, no one at work is going to talk to you about what happened. I've made everything very clear as to what happened and no one will go against me. Not even the other alphas in the firm." He shrugged lightly and sat the menu down. "I know its been bothering you, everyone knowing about that. So I went around and made sure everyone forgot about it. So just know no one is going to bring it up and if they do tell me who they are and I will personally take care of them."

He smiled a little to the other male and turned his eyes away. He knew Jun could read him all too well. If he looked too deeply into the others eyes or even looked at all then Jun would most likely realize something was bothering him. Hokuto realized that until the weekend he wouldn't be seeing Jun really at all. This hurt him just a tad and he realized "get along" didn't mean be a couple it just meant being friendly. IT was stupid of him to think that just because Jun was back they would lapse back into their romantic evenings with one another or even that Jun would want to give himself willingly to Hokuto without the help of his hormones. He felt like nothing was really resolved more like his love was just being put off till Jun was ready for it. He understood that heat was a real thing and that the surpressants were annoying to take but...going as far to push him away was bad enough.

"Hey, It's not forever. I just need a little space when making phone calls and doing the boring paperwork. But other than that, we can still be together. I'll probably just have lunch at my desk but if you ever want to go to dinner or hang out on days off, that's alright. If I have to, I can take the suppressants... They just slow me down...." Jun realized he was taking several steps back. He was doing anything he could to please Hokuto which was exactly what he didn't want. He took the time to take a breath. "Look, I'm not trying to upset you but I came here for two reasons, to see you and to work at the greatest opportunity I could find. So please, don't make me choose one over the other," he said giving his soon to be mate a gentle squeeze on his hand.

"Come on, Hokuto... Look at me. I'll be fine. I'm sure no one is going to bother me anymore about us. We can just be," He said with a slight smile. Jun was unsure what was bothering Hokuto but he had a feeling there was something. Maybe it was about them or maybe it was pressure from the workers at the company but there was nothing he could say or do. Not without knowing for sure what it was that bothered him most. "We can still be together just... not when I'm trying to do paperwork or phone calls." Jun had to stand his ground otherwise he'd really be taking several steps back.

Hokuto pulled his hand back and he shook his head, "Thats fine I don't care about that. Work is work, I'm not asking to bend you over the desk and fuck you there Jun. I just...you make it sound like I can't even act like you're my lover unless we are off office property. I don't want you to have to take the meds either because I hate seeing you so...drugged out but that doesn't mean I don't want to be able to take you out to lunch here and there. Or get you coffee in the morning or something cute like that. I mean if its what you want then fine, I'll behave at work but don't come fussing to me when I treat you like another employee rather than...you..." He spoke softly and looked from his menu to Jun. "You just made it seem like I wouldn't get to spend any time with you till I proposed...Thats just not how I want it...I want to take you out and spend time with you and get to know you all over again. Is that so bad?" he asked looking over to him.

"I'll leave you alone at work. You did an amazing job today and I barely even talked to you so...I'm fine with that...I just don't want you to disappear." He looked down and shook his head with a sigh. "You're right though we should enjoy dinner. Considering I wont get to see much of you until we...mate properly I would like to enjoy the night rather than talk about such serious and harsh stuff." He smiled and grabbed his menu looking it over a little before setting it down. "I know what I want!"

• 2 weeks later...

Jun found himself at a loss for words. It hurt so much to hear those words coming from Hokuto. Did he really have to be so harsh on the alpha? Even Jun could see that his rules were a bit much but he did just start at the company and had been hoping to keep the fact that he was an omega hidden... It didn't happen the way he hoped so was it so bed that he wanted others to see him as just another employee and not just the boyfriend to the boss or something. Why did Jun have to come to the one company owned by the person he wanted to marry? Why couldn't he have gone to another company first, got his feet under him and then go and find Hokuto? Damn... if only he had gotten the collar off earlier then he would already be marked right now and they wouldn't have to fight over it because then it would be a giant sign that Jun could do nothing about saying who he belonged to.

The omega kept his head down and seemed to lose all faith in himself. He looked over the menu and picked something small and cheap without even looking up at the waiter when he came around. The part that got to Jun the most was the fact that he actually did want to be treated that way. He wanted to act like they were lovers, wanted to be treated like something precious to his alpha. However, he also was bound by a collar and had to focus on his work. It was a hard choice to make... His career or his love life... Maybe he should have chosen his love life.... After all, Jun wanted to eventually quit working and be a stay at home mom to his and Hokuto's children. However, what if he ruined that in hi desperate need to accomplish something before he left the work force?! Jun bit his lip and looked down at his lap, no longer just looking at the table. It hurt so much... he truly regretted his words.

The silence was killing him. He could feel it drenching them. Hokuto had assumed that Jun would have said something back but his omega sat silently across the other side of the table. When the waitress came around he ordered for himself and listened as Jun ordered, obviously upset. Once the waitress left Hokuto sighed lightly and sat the menu aside leaning against the table, "Listen...I get it. I'll leave you alone during office hours. Okay? Don't worry about me. Its been...awhile since I saw you was all so I'm being clingy and selfish." He reached over and gently ruffled his omegas hair with a soft smile on his lips. "Lighten up Jun I can see the steam coming from your ears cause you're thinking too hard. I'll be fine." He moved his hand lightly to cup his chin tilting his face up so the other male would have to look at him. "I love you. Better believe when you do make time for me that I won't leave you alone." He winked and chuckled softly letting the others chin go.

Hokuto wasn't entirely being honest about the words that he spoke. He wanted to spend every moment with Jun having been apart from one another for so long. Now that they were together in more ways than one he wanted to act like it, without the bonds of his parents ontop of them. Now that he was older life was so much simpler and having an omega mate wasn't as horrible as it was back then. His parents were selfish and didn't want him to father omega's children but of course, Hokuto never gave a damn what they thought. It was more important to him to pay attention to the love between the two of them than the political stand points. Hell, he had claimed Ash as his own and kept it a secret not for his parents but because he was ashamed of a drunken mistake that could never be taken back. He bit his lip lightly, when Jun finds out he is going to be crushed. Of course, an alpha can have as many mates as he wishes but this was...silly to him. He didn't want anyone other than Jun. The only reason Ash and Hokuto had a relationship and that even happened was because Hokuto didn't think he would ever see Jun again. Now he regrets it even more and knows he has to come clean eventually.

Jun was just so frustrated with himself but it was strange, to hear Hokuto admit that he was being selfish and so on, it was actually a little refreshing. Still, it killed him because of his inability to truly convey his feelings. For now the omega just had to think things over properly, focus on work, and in just a couple more days, he'd go over to his brother's house and get the damn collar off his neck so he could officially be with the one he loved for so long. As his eyes were forced to meet Hokuto's with his face being lifted, Jun huffed childishly and pulled away from the alpha. "Selfish alpha," he stated but after a few seconds, he broke into a smile unable to hold back. The omega looked over at his soon to be mate clearly teasing him the way he use to when they were kids. Of course, Jun was more bold about it now that he had more confidence in himself. When he was a kid, those kinds of lines were always followed up with some form of apology.

Jun relaxed a little and began to fantasize about his future again. He did this a lot, more so when it got closer to him moving. Still, looking now, he could finally put an adult Hokuto into his fantasies rather than the younger one or a faceless form of what Jun might have thought his alpha might look like. That one certainly was harder but now, he had a face and a body to put in it. The omega smiled a little as he spaced out about them getting married and what the wedding would look like, or what their newly wed period might look like. Though, there was a lot of pressure now. He would have to produce an alpha offspring or Hokuto's family truly would have a fit. If Jun could just bare an alpha then all could be forgiven but should he be unable to, surely he'd end up bringing shame to the family and his soon to be husband.

No... he knew he had to get thoughts like those out of his head so Jun tried to focus on other things, like his drink, the food, the grill... Work was a good distraction for sure.

The statement caused Hokuto to look wounded a moment only to laugh it off and retreat his hand back to his side of the table. He peered around the small restaurant liking the feel and the energy about the place. It wasn't long that their food was on the table and he was hearing his stomach growl, "Apparently I'm starving." He chuckled lightly and grabbed his chopsticks and sighed lightly ready to dig into his food. He paused only after a moment and looked over to Jun, "Would it be too much to ask you to come over tonight? If you need to focus on work and what not I get it but I wouldn't mind some company. That big mansion gets lonely with just me and Ash there." He smiled boyishly as if enticing Jun with his smile.

It was true that the huge mansion got lonely. It was left to him by his family when they left to finish up business overseas leaving him and his omega mate, secret to them of course, to occupy the house by themselves. Ash of course wouldnt be his only omega mate by the end of this and if Jun couldn't provide him with an alpha offspring he would have to take another mate in order to possibly birth and heir to his wealth and the family name. His family would shame them for good if he couldn't produce a good offspring. Luckily, Hokuto's genes were really well and it wasn't unheard of in his family for an omega to be the paired mate and mother of one of the other alphas down the line. IT was just rare and often frowned upon.

• Saga locked this topic