Black Rabbit (Shisu-Chan x WolfDog)

WolfDog12

With the mention of his leg the detective peered down to it and nodded, “It’s going to hurt for awhile. They gave you a morphine drip so every three hours it’ll administer it for you.” He said gently and leaned back a little bit motioning to the button beside him, “If you need it though you can press this and the nurse will come in and check you before giving you more.”

He didn’t really recommend drugs but sure as hell he knew the pain that this kid was feeling and if he needed it then he could have it. The next comment caused a soft chuckle to leave his lips, “Yes I’m your guardian” he moved away some and decided that this kid was still in shock that he would do something like that for a stranger.

Before Eiji could answer the small male blew up. This caused the detective to stand and lightly push the other down. “Hey hey calm down! You’re going to hurt yourself! I don’t know where it is but I’ll go find it okay? Don’t get over worked. I’ll find it.” He said gently trying to calm the other down without hurting him or calling the doctors.

The detective’s eyes traveled over the scars and the caused him to pause in what he was saying. His hands wanted to reach out and trace the soft flesh of the boys back. He seemed to believe that it wasn’t safe without the shirt and the detective knew this. His eyes quickly diverted as the boy fell back down to the sheets. He pulled the sheets back up over his midsection.

“I’ll find it okay? It couldn’t have gone too far. I’ll ask the paramedics.” He smiled a little as a reassuring measure to the kid below him. He stood easily and stretched his long body out. He hadn’t realized how long he had actually been sitting in that chair for. He had slept almost as long as Usagi and he was still exhausted.

He turned on his heel away from the bed and left the room. He quickly found himself hunting down the paramedics who were on duty at the time. Even though it was 9 pm these guys would be running all night so it wasn’t hard to get one of them on the phone. Eiji simply told them that he needed the sweatshirt and the charm as evidence.

They were nice enough to comply telling him that the sweatshirt was left in the E.R. when the kid was being worked on. Eiji found his way there and was reunited with the clothing soon enough. By the time he had gotten the sweatshirt a few hours had passed. He hadn’t realized how long he had actually been gone.

He held the clothing up and let out a soft sigh. The sweatshirt had a giant slash through the front of it where the doctors had cut it off of him. It wouldn’t be able to be worn but he slid his fingers to the small charm on one of the ears. He clipped it off and held it in his hand with a surprising weight to it. He turned it in his palm trying to see why it mattered so much but if this was what he wanted then Eiji would do his best to get it.

He decided to bag the sweatshirt and not bring it with him but leave it in the room telling no one to bother it. If the rabbit wanted it back he would just simply fetch for it.

His feet carried him back in the direction of the bunnies room but he soon found himself veering off to the cafeteria. He grabbed an array of food and carried it back with him to the room the small charm he had gone to retrieve in his pocket.

He set the food down on the table beside the bed, “Hey Usagi. I grabbed some food and water. I don’t really know what you liked so I grabbed a little of everything.”

Sitting beside him were hamburgers, French fries, some sandwiches and even some pasta from the cafeteria. “The pickings were small they were closing up. I hope this will do.” He didn’t think that Usagi would mind that small pickings but he still needed him to eat if he wanted to get out of the hospital anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WolfDog12

• Shisu-Chan00

Usagi had no choice but to lay back and let his new guardian go and retrieve his charm. The rabbit was stressed out and desperate to find out if it had been lost or not. After nearly an hour of Eiji going missing, Usagi began to wonder what happened to him. Was he unable to find it? Did he fall asleep on the way?! Was it taken?! The stress and wait was too much so the golden-eyed male attempted to get out of the bed himself to try and go find Eiji.

Of course, as if on cue, a nurse walked in to make sure everything was going alright. She was of course surprised to see that he was awake and asked a few questions that Usagi was able to answer, including how his leg was doing. Of course, she also asked about the other wounds to make sure they were alright as well. Usagi didn't want to explain though but simply said that none were Eiji's fault and if not for him, the rabbit would probably be far worse off. The nurse seemed to like the answer because she smiled and walked off after resetting the morphine so he could no longer be in pain.

Shortly though, when she finally left the room without another word, the drug really kicked in and all that fight was gone and all that was left was a blurry-minded mess. Usagi just laid there sometimes tilting his head back and forth, other times just trying to lift his arm for more than a couple seconds... that one was a complete fail.

When Eiji finally returned, it had felt like an eternity and the rabbit cheered rather vocally. He had to be shushed but he was still happy to see the other return, and with food no less!! What a day!! Usagi took a burger and opened it up with stumbling fingers before the burger was stuffed in his mouth. Damn was he happy now!!! This was absolutely amazing.

The rabbit almost forgot about the original mission all together... almost. "What happened to my sweatshirt and the charm attached to it?" He stumbled slightly as he forced the words out but it wasn't too bad. Actually, it was amazing he wasn't completely losing it but still able to recall certain things.

As the charm was returned, Usagi learned of the fate of his sweatshirt and he thought about it for a while before shrugging. "I can always buy another... I guess. At least I have my charm," he said happily. The rabbit put the charm in his hand, clapping them together until he squeezed the metal charm between the palms of his hands. He pulled both hands close and pressed them against his chest as he was just so happy to be reunited with it again.

"Thanks... Eiji," the rabbit yawned a bit before his focus was brought back to food and one hand was pulled from the charm to allow him to grab a fistful of fries and stuff into his mouth. The rabbit was now devouring all the amazing food with as much gusto as he could muster given his state at the moment. Usagi may have been high on morphine but at least he still had his charm and a guardian that was there for him every second of the way.

By the time that Eiji was getting back he passed a nurse leaving the room. He chuckled realizing almost instantly within only a few moments talking to his new companion that he was high off the drug used to keep his pain at bay. He nodded gently to the boy infront of him, "You're welcome. Eat, and then rest up. I don't really think either of us want to spend too much longer here. Plus, you have a new home to get to." he smiled gently and leaned forward wiping a piece of mayo from the others lip from the burger. He was a mess eating without care and showing far more emotion than Eiji had seen before.

It was a nice change from the usual. He liked seeing the bright smile on the others face and the almost childlike clapping and exitement that came from him. It was refreshing to see the kid before him actually acting like a child rather than adult. Eiji simply watched him enjoy his dinner as he took a seat beside the kids bed. He laid his head back sighing gently as he listened to the other chew on the burger in their room. The sound of the tv was only adding to it and Eiji realized how exhausted he really was not only from working but from the exitement of that evening. He had to blink a few times to keep himself awake as he smiled to Usagi, "How are you feeling? Any better? I'm sure that drug is helping you right?" he chuckled once more seeing the other chow down as if he had never seen food before in his life.

He hoped that the doctor would pull him off morphine eventually. Someone of this age would easilly get addicted and that was something Eiji did not want to deal with. He never thought he would be a father figure, he didn't see himself as one. He hoped that this kid wouldn't ask too much of him. He wasn't fit to be a dad, he figured he would help Usagi get on his feet then release him into the world. It wasn't like the two of them were going to get too attached or anything. They weren't going to spend too much time together. Eiji realized that he would teach him to read then he would get him a steady job before buying him an apartment to live in. Then he would set him loose! Giving him his adult life.

"'ight... Because you're my guardian now!" The rabbit nearly spit as he tried talking with his mouth full. He managed to keep it all in though and continue to stuff his gullet. Usagi was eating like he'd never had food before. But in a way, he hadn't as all he was use to was a fresh roll, some water and that was it. Every now and then that would make him sick but there was nothing else he could have. It wasn't his fault that some bread and water wasn't a proper balanced meal. He was lucky not to die from the exercise and the lack of nutrients he got.

After wolfing down basically everything brought to him, the rabbit leaned back and pushed at the try lazily with a vocal burp which he didn't even feel ashamed for. In fact, he actually snickered at it with how high he was at the time. "I'm fine!" he announced rather loudly. "The pain is gone now.... You should sleep. I can tell you're tired!" He said. It had been a day of sleep for the rabbit but he didn't know how much sleep Eiji had gotten and with the position he was in, it couldn't have been a very comfortable or restful sleep. So, Usagi took matters into his own hands and lifted one heavy limp and basically just dropped it onto the detective and stated in a bold voice, "You should sleep. Don't fight the rest!!! Sleep is such a wonderful thing!!"

With that, the rabbit flopped back onto his pillow pulling at the blankets with his free hand, still holding tight to the charm with the other. He wasn't about to risk losing it again and his hand remained balled up in a fist. As he laid back and stared up at the dark ceiling, the rabbit whispered to himself, "A new home..." It had been offered to him before by some rich customers but now he was actually getting a home... with a guardian... not an owner. The last person wanted to keep him like a pet but this man... this detective that came in and turned his world on its head, he was his guardian now... Usagi was his kid... not just a pet.

"Hey, Eiji," the rabbit whispered as he forced himself up once again. He pulled the other by the collar of his neck, pulling him in close and kissing him on the lips before falling back onto his pillow once again. "Thank you," he said still in a quiet tone. The rabbit smiled before closing his eyes and humming quietly. It wasn't a particular song, he just hummed to hum and since he wasn't all that tired, it was something he could do to pass the time.

Eiji nodded at the sound hearing that the other was indeed feeling better. The drugs were for sure working the kid was drugged out of his mind and he was talking nonsense. Out of all of it Eiji understood that he would need to get some sleep and this kid was going to make him do so. He relaxed in the chair he was in leaning his head against the back of it. He let out an exhausted sigh only to peer over to the boy hearing his voice through the dark room. He kept talking to himself and it wasn't until Eiji had heard his name did he sit up a little. "You're welcome...though you don't have to thank me...everyone deserves a real chance at life. I'm just giving it to you. Long as you don't make it too hard on me." he chuckled and relaxed once more with another sigh.

He hadn't gotten out for a smoke all day and the feeling of stress swelled inside of him. The itch for a hit was clawing at him. Because of his work he often chain smoked to deal with his overworked mind but since he had been at the kids bedside nonstop since they had arrived he hadn't had a chance to get out for a smoke break. It was almost as bad as an addict fighting for his next fix. Sure he was addicted but he could go without it. It helped calm his mind and right now there was alot on it. From raising this teenager to dealing with his work and a dead suspect on his hands.

Turns out he had paralyzed the boss instantly and he was driven to the hospital. He had lost alot of blood and even passed away in the hospital not too long after. Because the paramedics had rushed to Usagi first and gotten him and Eiji to the hospital they had gotten to the boss late and he was already incredibly weak by the time they arrived. The surgery was unsuccessful or something like that and he died in the hospital about three hours after arriving. Eiji didn't see a point to tell Usagi at the moment and still didn't see a reason to. To him that boys part of his life was behind him and he was never going back. He never wanted to see Usagi use his body for money or anything else for that matter. It was kinda sad and he never wanted to see that again. He wanted to give him a good home, a place where he could stay and come to when he had a rough day. He wanted the kid to have a real shot in life rather than a struggle for making ends meet. And he sure as hell didn't want to see this kid starving anymore. Eiji felt a pain in his stomach seeing the scars on his body and he wanted to keep Usagi safe from harms way. sure he would get another scar from this bullet wound but he would soon heal and it would be a healing wound rather than one with a horrible memory. Eiji figured they could start making new memories now...good ones giving him something to look back on with a smile.

"I'll be good," he said. The rabbit smiled and laid there quietly just staring at the ceiling. His mind quickly began to wander and he could only hope that things worked out. Even being drugged like this and partly out of it, Usagi still had things on his mind to worry about. There were his fears of the future and what that all entailed, but then there was also his fear of more specific things like what would he do if he found out he couldn't go so long without having sex... What would he do then? There was also the fear that his old boss might still come after him... Might try to drag him back to this work, if not others doing so to take advantage of the rabbit being free. What then? Could he ever really be free of the chains that held him to that place? Were there even any chains or was he just projecting them to be there on his own accord.

Usagi bit his lower lip a little before his brain auto changed the subject. He began to think more about the charm in his hand and the sweatshirt that it had been attached to. Since it was brought back alone he figured he probably wasn't going to be getting that sweatshirt back ever again. But maybe he could find another? Maybe one with cat ears instead?! He no longer needed to be the Black Rabbit or the Red Light district. He could be the cat of the police station! Or Eiji's cat.... But then... His name would give it away. Though, he could always change his name seeing as he gave himself this one.

After what seemed like hours, the medication began to fade from his body and Usagi was able to recover a little more of his sense of self. The rabbit was surprised to find himself still feeling full... He certainly ate more than he ever thought he could in one sitting. He glanced over to see the Detective had managed to doze off, or at least he looked like he was asleep. The rabbit smiled gently able to feel a little happiness for the fact that the other was able to sleep. There was something about this detective that really was comforting to be around. Usagi just wished they could be released from the hospital sooner rather than in a few days. It would have been a week but Usagi managed to convince the nurse that it was best for him to return to Eiji's house and settle in so that he could recover in a place he'd now be calling home. It was strange to say but he didn't like being in such a bright, white room as a hospital.

Eiji slept for a really really long time and it wasn't until a couple hours had passed had he woken up rubbing his eyes. As he woke he instantly turned his attention to the boy across from him in his bed. He was up and around and this made Eiji happy. He stood and stretched trying to find a way to become a little more comfortable in the room. He hated the place as much as Usagi probably did and he didn't blame the want to change scenery.

After a week the nurse finally allowed Eiji to take Usagi home with him. He had spent all of the previous week in and out of the hospital finding time to see his new companion and work. He was closing up the case from the red light district and dealing with the other prostitutes who were now out of a job because of the owners death. The department took the time to give them all chances with real jobs though in the first week about nine of them found their way back. He was happy to know that Usagi didn't have that in mind. Though the thought about being sex crazed had crossed his own mind. What if he was tired of waiting for sex so he decided to find a new partner? The thought made him shiver so he pushed it aside.

Finally on Friday he came up to the hospital and got a wheelchair. It was standard for any patients leaving to be taken in a wheelchair. So as he entered Usagi's room in his uniform he smiled brightly, the nurse right behind him. "Are you ready to go home? I'm tired of this room, lets get you up out of that bed." he said holding out a hand to help Usagi from the bed and to the wheelchair. "The doctors told me that if you will have to partake in some physical therapy between now and the next month. I can have someone come to the house and help or you can come here but thats up to you." he said with a smile on his lips. He was already close to the other and was more than happy to help with anything he needed to heal up right.

It was pretty easy to visit Usagi with his current sleep schedule. He continued to sleep during the day and awake during the night. He only was woken during the day for medication or food so that he'd be able to eat something since there was nothing for him at night. Of course that was rough and no one, the nurses, nor the doctors liked the idea of him waking to eat and then going back to sleep but they knew the difficulty of him suddenly changing sleep schedules especially with his recovery. Everyone just had to put up with it. Of course, that also meant that Usagi wasn't getting very good sleep constantly having to be woken up.

Thankfully the hospital allowed Eiji to come in after visiting hours since he was not only the kid's guardian but that Usagi did have an abnormal sleep schedule as well as Eiji still having to work during the day. The rabbit hated having to call upon the nurses to help him get to the bathroom as he finally started to not use the bed pan after the first day. That was gross and on top of that having to take freaking sponge baths. He'd felt dirty before but never quite this bad... The hospital did put him in a gown and gave him some socks but that was all they had to provide so Usagi had to deal with being nude underneath.

When Friday finally managed to roll around, Usagi was practically twitching to get out of there. He wanted to run away so badly after the only entertainment he had was the night duty nurses teaching him how to use the TV... He'd never had one before and it was highly entertaining. The rabbit was still thrilled to see Eiji coming to take him away. Usagi needed some help to get to the chair but his walks back and forth to the bathroom helped strengthen his good leg enough that he could still use it unlike the other.

"I'm so ready to go home," Usagi said. Wow... who knew the word home would ever be a thing for him. He thought he'd live in that brothel until he eventually died of some disease or a customer got a little too over zealous with him... Speaking of customers... He had quite a few... rather rich regulars. Hopefully they didn't think they had any rights to him. If so, they'd surely have someone hunt him down. With a shiver, the rabbit pushed the thought aside and got into the wheelchair to be taken out of the hospital.

It had been a long past week for Eiji who, like Usagi, was ready for him to be home rather than away. As he helped Usagi into the wheelchair he heard what the boy had said and it made him smile. So he was referring to Eiji's home as his own now. That was progress, really everything about their relationship was progress. From the first night they met where Usagi was cold and rude to Eiji now they loved talking with one another and spending time together. So much so, that Eiji took time out of his evenings to come and visit Usagi when he was awake rather than during the day like most people.

He pushed the wheelchair out of the hospital room making sure that Usagi had grabbed everything that was his. "Luckily I have a car waiting. I'll have to go back to work after I drop you off just for a minute but I shouldn't be too long." he spoke easily as he pushed the wheelchair down each hallway he had used to get to the boys room. "I have to finish up some paper work and then I'm free for the weekened less they need me for some outstanding mission." He shrugged and pushed the wheelchair outside seeing the deep navy blue car waiting for them. "There's your ride to freedom Usagi..." He smiled and pushed him to the passenger door opening it for him and holding out a hand. "Let's go home."

Usagi actually felt pretty bad for the fact that before he could leave the hospital, Eiji had to get him new clothes since he no longer had any... Everything on his upper body fit but the pants were sweatpants that were too big for him. After all, he had to get them comfortably over his still bandaged leg. Of course he'd still have to take it easy but at least the rabbit wasn't still bleeding everywhere. Still, with the new clothes, he just felt strange... To not be wearing his signature rabbit hoodie was just foreign to him but Usagi knew he'd have to get use to whatever was given to him, and he'd appreciate anything and everything.

"It's ok," The rabbit yawned. It was just past noon since it was the only time he could have been checked out of the hospital, so of course Usagi was rather tired from being woken to leave. Still, he was quite excited and yet still very nervous. "Take your time, I know you've put yourself out there a lot just for me..." His head lowered a bit in embarrassment. Damn he'd not felt that way in a long time... Embarrassment and shame were feeling he thought he'd gotten rid of with the whole opening up his body to the world for men to devour as they pleased. "Thank you," he said a bit softer. Usagi was just so grateful to have met this detective but also so scared of the unknown that came with that.

Eiji stopped a moment and he smiled, "You're welcome. Now come on." he said grabbing the other under his legs and his back carrying him into the car. He sat him down gingerly and sighed softly leaning against the door. "It'll be a quick stop...plus I need to change out of my uniform anyway. I took the rest of the day off." he spoke closing the passenger door and loading the cruches and wheelchair into the trunk. He then found his way to the drivers side and got in pushing the key into the ignition and starting up the car. He pushed it into drive and headed off towards his house. It was still in the city but probably a part of it Usagi had never seen being kept strictly to the red light district most of the time. As they drove he kept mostly silent his brain trying to come up with the right way to tell Usagi what had happened that night. He had to tell him that his boss was dead, and he was never coming back.

As they pulled up to his home he clicked the grage door button and pulled into the driveway. It was a two story small home in a neighborhood of rather family oriented people. He quickly got out and got the wheelchair helping Usagi into it. "Sadly you wont be able to go upstairs less I carry you...but for bedtime I'll carry you upstairs to your room. We need to get your sleeping schedule right with mine that way when I come home we can spend some time together rather than sleep all day." he said with a laugh helping Usagi into the chair that awaited him.

Usagi was easily lifted up into the car seeing as he was so thin and just over all tiny. He hadn't put on any real weight while in the hospital, despite laying around all day and night. He did eat well for the first time ever but the doctors didn't want to give him enough where a change in weight could be dangerous for his health. It was a balance... as was everything and Usagi was just a difficult case to deal with considering everything that was wrong. Still, he was still alive and functioning despite all his flaws.

"Speaking of clothes..." Usagi looked down a little looking at the simple clothing he was wearing. "Thank you for the clothes. It's been a long time since I've had more than one or two things to wear..." the rabbit said. He really was thankful to be able to get dressed like this and it really was all thanks to the man that changed his world... Still, Usagi couldn't fight the feeling in the back of his head that he was doing something wrong and should return to the red light district immediately. He wasn't anything special and really didn't deserve all this kindness or help. If anything, he should be homeless or dead somewhere, not taken to a hospital and then brought to a home with an actual guardian. Endings like this only happened in stories of fiction.

As the car drove on, the rabbit was in awe as he looked out the window and soon enough pulled up to a small house in a rather family oriented place. "Wait.. do you have a family? They're ok with me living here now?!" Usagi was genuinely worried and was too nervous to want to get out of the car. Of course, after a quick explanation, he sighed and reached out to grab Eiji as he helped him up and then into the house. "It's nice," the rabbit said looking around in amazement.

"you're welcome' He said to the thanks of the clothing. Though he didn't understand the real importance of it all. He just saw them as clothes and he didn't know what Usagi was thinking as they pulled up to his home. "I don't have a family no, this is just cheap living and I am a cop, makes the neighborhood feel safer." he said with a chuckle helping him into the home. "Thank you, Its...not much but its nice enough. There are two rooms and one bathroom. We will have to share but I'm sure we can manage. There is a kitchen, a living room, and a dining room." He wheeled Usagi into his home and smiled softly as he situated the wheel chair infront of his couch. There was a large television sat infront of the sofa. Everything was neat and orderly and he liked to keep it that way.

"I have to run back to the office but I can turn on the T.V. and help you onto the couch? I shouldn't be longer than an hour at most. I have to grab some last minute paperwork and then I should be free this weekend for just you and I! Then I can take you out to get some clothes...maybe take you to dinner? I'm sure you would like to get out of the house having been cooped up all week in the hospital." he said with a smile sitting on the sofa next to the other male as he waited for his response. He wanted to make Usagi as comfortable as possible in his new home, if that meant spending money to make him comfortable in his own skin he would do it. He was thinking about putting in extra hours anyway to help with the other person now living with him.

• 2 weeks later...

It certainly was a relief to know that Usagi wasn't imposing on a full family; Not that it made imposing on Eiji any better. Still, there seemed to be a tiny bit of relief there. ""I'm sure it will be fine," he said trying to reassure Eiji. The farther they went the more out of place Usagi felt. He as a dirty rat that had to earn his right to live by selling his body and now, here he was in a family home with someone willing to take care of him. At first, he was excited to be here but now he was beginning to have second thoughts. Was he really right for this place? Could Eiji really help him or would he find himself back at the redlight district within the week? His eyes lowered and Usagi bit his lower lip slightly.

"Oh, it's ok. I can get on the couch myself," he said pushing himself up out of the wheel chair. The rabbit struggled for a second as he situated himself on his good leg before he moved and shifted to the couch, limping the best he could without putting too much stress on his injured leg and then dropping himself onto his butt and sitting on the couch. "The doctors do want me to stretch my good leg as much as I can so it won't be too much of a bother later," he explained. The rabbit wanted to rely on Eiji as little as possible as to not be a bother. Of course, he knew he still had to rely on him for food, clothing, and education... all very important things, but he didn't want to have his new guardian strain himself trying to move the boy all over the place. Especially when he got back to work. Usagi was too thin and really light but still, forcing this man to carry him up and down stairs every day would just be too much.

"If it makes things easier, why don't I sleep down here, on the couch for a couple nights and when I have a little more strength, we can work on moving me upstairs," he said. This might be an easier way of doing things. Still, it was probably obvious now how uncomfortable and out of place Usagi really felt.

Eiji sighed gently and moved to the couch sitting beside his new companion. "You...don't like it here do you?" he asked leaning his elbows on his thighs as he thought. His uniform hung to his body in this position like a vaccum. "I know this is all new and I can't change how you feel about me or this place but you're welcome here. You'll start to, or I hope you will, see this place as your home...I don't mind the company. This house was too big for just me honestly, I was thinking about selling it before I landed on you." He leaned over sitting up and reaching out to Usagi. He let a soft finger lightly pull the boys face up to look at him, it was intimate but Eiji never really noticed these things. "This is your home...don't be afraid to ask for help. You're not a burden. We will get through this one day at a time together. Of course I can't keep you here but I hope that you start to feel like you can...enjoy yourself. You're not prisoner here Usagi. If you want...I can help you get on your feet and you wont ever have to see me again. I'm not keeping you here." He rubbed his thumb lightly over his cheek.

It was important that Usagi understood this house was not a cell. He could easily come and go as he pleased, he could easily leave whenever he was tired of his new friend. Eiji took a large sigh and turned to Usagi, "He's dead...your boss...I killed him. He's never coming for you, he wont look for you, he wont turn you back there. I didn't mean to obviously but...saving you I just..." He shook his head and looked down letting his fingers fall from Usagi's face. He didn't want to overwhelm him but this bit of information had been killing him for days now. While the other was locked away in the hospital Eiji had to finish up the information for the case and this included the boss's belongings. Some of these belongings were people...it was strange to think that slaves were still bought and sold. Eiji found nine of them in the hands of that man and all were in rehab trying to get over the abuse they had faced. He didn't want that for Usagi but he knew that this new change in his life would take some getting used to. He just hoped the boy could adjust properly.

"That's not it!!" Usagi spoke up quickly trying to defend himself. "I do like it here, I'm just... I'm just not use to it... The thought of going out, being free... I'm just not use to it and I'm scared... That's all.." the rabbit added feeling really bad now. He just wasn't use to it... He wasn't upset or hating being here... He just didn't know how to deal with such a dramatic change. "Look I just don't want to ruin your life because you're stuck with me... The medical bills are going to be crazy because I don't have any insurance or anything and I'm not on your insurance... Or wasn't on it on time... or whatever. I just... I'm gonna do nothing but cause you time and money and I don't want you to stress over me... Though..." He stopped and nervously bit his lip. Usagi then opened his mouth again before closing it and looking quite uncertain.

"I..." he was a lot quieter now. "If I was being honest, I guess deep down this is what I always wanted and now you're willing to provide everything just out of the blue... I just..." Usagi kind of wanted to start crying. "I'm happy but I don't feel like I deserve to get everything that I'm getting." Eiji was so comforting. It made the rabbit so happy to hear these things and the way he was touched, he probably, (Definitely) misread the situation and leaned forward kissing Eiji on the lips. He made it short and not too sexual but it was still a kiss on the lips. Usagi seemed to be into it but when he pulled back and Eiji didn't really show signs of desire, he felt a bit embarrassed. How could he misread a sign like that?! He spent his whole life picking up on things and completely misread this gentle touch.

Thankfully though, Eiji took the time to change the subject and go over the information about his old boss. "Dead?" Usagi repeated. In a way, it was a weight off his shoulders and at the same time, it was a bit scary. Still, he took a breath and smiled at Eiji. "Thank you. I'm happy you were there to save me," he said. "Now I feel like you saved me twice by making sure he couldn't come back so thanks," he said. The rabbit was truly thankful and didn't seem upset in any way so all of Eiji's worrying was for absolutely for nothing.

Eiji was more than shocked to feel those gentle lips touch his own. He flushed lightly and wasn't able to move fast enough to react as Usagi moved away. He wanted to bring attention to it obviously but he was embarrassed all in his own to even say anything about it so instead he brought up everything that he had. "I guess..." he looked down and sighed softly, "I'm happy to have you with me here and I don't want you to feel like you're bothering me. The bills will be paid for, I want to take care of you...you deserve so much more than what you've had." He looked back up to the other and smiled softly. "I don't want you to feel obligated to do anything for me. If that kiss was because you might like me then I'm all for it but...I don't want you to feel like you have to give yourself to me in order to repay me for what I'm doing. I'm doing all of this for you because I've grown attached to you...I want you safe and with me." he sighed lightly, "In all reality I think I like you and that kiss wasn't even a big deal because I liked it. You're harder to read though and I'm worried you're worried about being here with me so I just wanted to make sure you were okay..." He said softly and let his hand fall from Usagi's face and he pulled it back into his lap.

They were still sitting relatively close to one another so it wasn't like Eiji had pulled himself away. His body was angled to Usagi and he was even leaning in slightly to talk to him. He really did show signs of affection and possible interest for Usagi but he was worried that the younger male would feel...expected to give him sex. Eiji didn't want that, he didn't even want him to consider it. He wanted Usagi to pick it for himself and if he loved Eiji then they could possibly be with one another. He realized that this kid had been through so much already he didn't want to add to it. Not now when he was finally free. Eiji wanted to give this kid the best life he could live with no worries in the world. He wanted to give him everything he ever wished for in his entire life. This meant giving him himself if it meant the happiness of the boy infront of him.

"I didn't kiss you because I thought it was a way of paying you back... I kissed you because I thought it was something you wanted as well... I've been forced to have sex for so long that I just don't have an interest in it anymore... Or at least that's what I thought.... But... there's something different." Usagi looked down trying to find the right words. He felt like he was something out of some cheesy porno with the lines that one sight and they knew they were meant to do it... It was strange but the rabbit was also fully aware that he had actually taken the time to get to know the detective. "This may sound weird but I actually really do like you... I don't know if it's because you've helped me so much or what but... I do..." he frowned trying to get his head around what was happening to him. "I'm sorry I just... I've never felt this way about another person so I'm sorry if I'm getting this all wrong but I actually do want to have sex with you and not because I have to or for payment in any way but just... well just because." Usagi wasn't sure if he was making any sense and looked to the detective just trying to get his brain around what was going on.

Once again, completely unconsciously, the rabbit reached out and placed his hands on Eiji's face before pulling him in close and kissing him deeply. This time, the rabbit moved in on it almost as if trying to press their bodies together but then, the sudden shooting pain in his leg caused him to jerk back, breaking the kiss entirely. "Ow... I'm sorry... I can't really move in that way..." he said placing a hand gently on the side of his thigh. Usagi frowned, biting his lip as he wished the pain away. Damn did it hurt.

The more the other male talked the more the detective leaned forward hanging on each word. It was so...strange to want to be wanted by someone in return. As the thought of sex slid through his mind he had to push it back in hopes to try and forget about it all. He couldn't do that to him right now, he couldn't. His brain was racing as he felt hands touch the sides of his face pulling him into another kiss. This time he wasn't shy or anything and his lips moved instantly in return. Eiji was about to run a hand into the others hair to pull him closer when he felt a hard wince against his own body and the pain sliding through Usagi's words. He winced as well and chuckled softly, "Are you okay? I forgot..." he spoke softly shifting a little and moving so Usagi was upright more. "I am getting your pain killers on my way back from work. It should help ease off the pain a little bit, give you some relief."

He stood and stretched lightly and walked around the table grabbing the remote for the tv and setting it on the couch beside Usagi. "For the record...you don't have to apologize for how you feel about me. I like you too. Don't worry so much alright?" He leaned down running a hand through his hair before kissing the rabbit softly. "I do want you too you know...you need to focus on healing right now and everything else will fall into place." Eiji smiled softly and ruffled the others hair before straightening and grabbing his keys. "Will you be okay by yourself? I will only be an hour or so." He spoke softly grabbing his phone and sliding it into his pocket.

• 2 weeks later...

Usagi was completely surprised to hear that he wasn't alone in his feelings and that Eiji felt the same way about him. It was strange since the rabbit had never felt like this before... Though, hopefully they could figure things out together if Eiji didn't take the lead knowing what to do already. The rabbit looked up at the other as he stood, getting off the couch and grabbing the remote to bring it closer. Usagi just stared at the other in silence for a while unsure of what to say or how to react. He simply felt rather uncool for suddenly braking off the kiss because of the pain in his leg. All he wanted was to make out with this man... or maybe it was something more... something he really couldn't obtain right now.

"I'll be ok. An hour really isn't all that long," the rabbit said with a nod. Usagi wasn't worried about being left alone really, he wanted to go back to sleep. He was woken up in the middle of his sleep and he was clearly still tired. Though it would probably be better if he stayed awake for longer so that he could work on changing his sleep schedule.... The rabbit worried for a while about what was going to happen there but he shook his head and felt determined. After all, it was Eiji that said he wanted to spend time with the rabbit doing more than just sleeping and the only way to do that would be for Usagi to be able to stay awake during the day and sleep during the night. "I'll be alright so go on to work and I'll hang here," he said with a smile as he held up the remote. TV was still so interesting that he figured staying awake through it wouldn't be that difficult.

Eiji smiled gently and nodded, "Alright, well I'll bring home some dinner when I come back? Sound good?" He asked leaning against the far wall with his keys in his hand. "I have alot of channels, more than the hospital. I'm sure you won't get bored." he laughed softly and waved. "I'll be back later." He then left the house locking the door from the outside knowing that Usagi wouldn't be able to get it on his own. Eiji quickly got into his car and started to drive to work, he just had to file his paperwork and then lock up his office then he was going to go buy Usagi a cell phone so they could stay in touch when Eiji was at work or when he needed anything. He was also going to grab dinner, he was craving chinese food so that was what he was going to get.

He didn't know what Usagi liked to eat but anything other than hospital food was going to be good to him. Eiji could bring home a piece of half eaten sandwich and it would be better than the tasteless food that the hospital offered to its patients. Even the food offered to guests from the cafe was shit. Eiji shivered lightly at the thought of the food they had both been living on for the past week and a half.

An hour later he was wrapping up his paper work and locking up his office. He looked at his watch seeing that it was roughy 6 in the evening meaning most people would be out getting food. He decided to go to the phone store first to buy Usagi a cell phone. It was nothing special just a normal phone that could text and call, once Usagi started working Eiji would upgrade it. After he finished that he called in a take out order from East Buffet for three boxes of plates with chicken and rice. It would be good left overs for Usagi while they were locked up in the home. Of course Eiji could cook too, which was a good change as well. If he hadn't worked all day today he probably would have cooked something for Usagi and given him a real treat but instead this would have to do.

After grabbing dinner he drove back home. Unlocking the door and stepping inside peering into the living room, "I'm home." he called into the room a little lightly not wanting to wake Usagi up if he was sleeping. It wouldn't shock him to see the boy passed out on the couch from a long day of movement from the hospital to his home.

"Sounds good," the rabbit replied waving good bye to the detective before he headed out. Usagi then looked at the remote. It was slightly different from the one at the hospital but it seemed to have the same structure so he was able to figure it out rather fast. Deciding on a channel was the real challenge. There were so many of them and he'd never seen any of these things. Eventually he stopped on a cooking channel watching a cooking competition. The food looked really good and all of it were things he'd never even heard of. After basically living off nothing but bread and water, his greatest food experience happened to be hospital food... so when he saw this food, it all looked so much better and he wondered how it tasted.

After about an hour, Usagi realized he was really dosing off so he lowered the volume of the TV and thought to close his eyes even if only for a short while. Within minutes, he was out like a light, leaning sideways against a pile of pillows and thrown blankets. The rabbit was sleeping in a rather odd position as his legs were still off the couch but his body was twisted as he lay half on his back on the pile behind him.

When the door opened, the rabbit was actually able to wake up and sat up rubbing his eyes. "Welcome back," he called with a yawn. It was obvious he had just woken up. The rabbit looked over and saw Eiji had returned with a large bag of food. He blinked several times not being familiar with this kind of take out. "Is that dinner? What did you get?" He asked genuinely curious.

Eiji smiled lightly, "Sorry I didn't mean to wake you up. I got chinese food." He waved it up and smiled brightly. "It is way better than hospital food thats for sure." The detective dropped his keys down onto the counter and walked to the kitchen setting the bag of take out on the counter before he moved to the couch holding out the small present to Usagi. It was wrapped in cute little wrapping paper, "This is my welcome home present to you." he smiled brightly and sat down next to Usagi, "After you open it we can eat Sound good?" He ruffled the others hair with a soft smile on his lips.

He busied himself with loosening his tie and unbuttoning the first few buttons of his shirt as he waited for Usagi to open the present. It was a small cellphone, of course it was nothing special but when Usagi needed Eiji or just wanted to reach him this was going to be the way they could communicate. It would be the fastest mode for them to reach one another. Without it Usagi would be home alone, cramped up on the couch without anyone to talk to. Sure they were going to spend the weekend together but when the week started back up Eiji would have to go back to work.

"Really?" Usagi asked clearly unsure. After all, that hospital food was really good. Though, this was coming from the perspective of someone who hadn't had any good food in his life so it was hard to say. The rabbit perked himself up and sat up properly as Eiji went into the kitchen and placed the food down before walking back into the room and handing him a small gift. The rabbit held it gently in his hands, turning it around a couple times as he was told to open it so they could go and eat. So of course, he did, pulling at the corner of the wrapping and gently opening it to find a box inside with a cell phone. Usagi stared at it in awe for a minute before realizing he had no idea how to use one and without being able to read... would he even be able to use it? Though, he did understand numbers so that was probably a big help.

"Thank you," he said with his eyes sparkling. He'd never had anything like this before. "How do I use it?!" the thought of food had completely vanished with the focus now being on his new device. He wanted to learn how it worked. Of course he'd seen them before as customers had them all the time and, though it was rare, some did use them in front of him or in the shop but he'd never even held one before so he didn't know what button did what or anything of the sort. All he knew was you could talk to someone not in the room using it... that was it.

Eiji brightened up when he saw that Usagi was more than happy about the gift. "I'll have to teach you how to use it over the weekend. I know that you can't read yet but I'm going to teach you the characters for my name and yours. That way when you look on the screen you know which number is mine. That way you can call me or text me whenever you like. Its a good starter phone...I just figured when you're home alone you can have it just in case anything happens." He smiled gently and leaned over taking the phone from Usagi. "It needs to charge before we do anything with it. Each night we have to plug it into the wall that way it can charge up and be at full power so you can turn it on and use it." He grabbed the cord out of the box and held it up for Usagi to see. "This plugs into the wall." he walked to the outlet on the wall and plugged it in and then held up the smaller end, "This part goes into the phone." He plugged the phone in and sat it down. "once its charged it will turn on by itself and we can get it set up for you! As for now...lets eat. I'll bring the food to you so no need to try and get up less you absolutely need to...do you want to? I can help you to the table in here but I don't mind sitting next to you and eating in there."

• Saga locked this topic